[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.techpowerup.com/222398/r adeon-aib-partners-frust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1462949328516.png (17 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1462949328516.png
17 KB, 380x285
http://www.techpowerup.com/222398/radeon-aib-partners-frustrated-at-amd

IT'S OVER, AMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT.
>>
They are LITERALLY not trying anymore
No reason at all to buy AMD
>>
>>337323019
The need time to add in the moar cores.
>>
>>337323019
so the shareholders are just mad that AMD didn't announce new cards immediately after 1070/80?
>>
Hardly anyone is buying AMD anyway, I think just 15% of GPUs recorded by the stream hardware survey were AMD, about 60-70% are nvidia, and the rest Intel graphics
>>
>>337325515
Besides AMD makes their killing making shit for consoles now
>>
holy shit

>AMD hasn't launched a new performance-segment GPU since 2012. The company has been continuously re-branding its big high-end chips as performance-segment chips of future generations, which inevitably lose out on performance/Watt against NVIDIA, which has been launching new performance-segment chips since the GeForce "Kepler" architecture. AMD reportedly hasn't shared any strategy to counter the GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 with its partners, nor has it named a successor to its R9 Fury series. It is, however, pacifying partners with good price-performance gains for its upcoming "Polaris" chips, which should help it win key mid-range and the lower-end of the performance-segment.
>>
>>337325515
Actually 25%, but still pretty dead compared to Nvidia.
My worst regret ever was buying a 7850. Fucking 7xxx series had so many bad cards it wasnt even funny.
Had to replace it by the end of the second year. They sent me replacement 7850 SIX TIMES, each more broken, fucked and driver crashy them before.

Got lucky that they eventually gave up and sent me an R9 270x which was like a 30% boost for free and works without problems so far.
>>
>>337323019
So, AMD will just get bought up by Samsung, right?
>>
>>337325865

I hope so. I have a freesync monitor and i don't want it to be a waste
>>
>>337325781
Silicon Lottery I guess. I bought an XFX 7970 as soon as they hit the market and it lasted me up until a few months ago when I upgraded to a 390, it's still fully functional and sitting in my closet.
>>
>>337323019
>article without source that leads to article with source to swedish site without source
>>
>>337323019
My God, it's full of cores...
>>
>>337325781
I bought a GTX560 and had to get it replaced 2 months later. Bought a gold certified or what the fuck ever Antec PSU and it died the same die I put the PC together.
>>
it frustrates me to no end that amd can't compete with nvidia. like amd is leaps behind, nvidia is working stupid hard to be in almost every single self driving car and amd does nothing to try and fight them there. sure amd has all the consoles. but stacking those deals against each other... money from fucking cars vs money from consoles? is it any wonder why the 1080 and 1070 are so stupid cheap? i was so happy when the cards were announced, i now i'm just like where is the response amd? don't misunderstand i love nvidia, my last 3 cards were nvidia gpus but i recognize that amd NEEDS to be there. a race without a second runner allows the front runner to relax. competition is healthy for this market place, i want nvidia to innovate and surprise me and i'm afraid they won't if amd isn't there. anyone else feel the same?
tldr fuuuuuuuuuuck amd get your shit together
>>
>>337326865
before they start to build cards they need to get their shit together with drivers first.

baby steps
>>
>>337326865

well I mean AMD actually produced the better card when it came to the r9 290 vs 970

and it actually competed with the 980 pretty well considering how much cheaper it was.

the 300 series bombed, but the 200 series was touted was seriously impressive.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.