[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the elevens like minecraft so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (409 KB, 647x838) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
409 KB, 647x838
Why do the elevens like minecraft so much?
>>
>>337318398

I just came in here to give you props for the Geass reference.
>>
>>337319241
Oh so in that anime japan is section eleven? I always wondered where that came from.
>>
>>337318398
Everyone likes Minecraft.
It's not a good game on any technical or design merits, but it is a game in which you can "do whatever you want".
>>
>>337319517
except play a good game
>>
>>337319585
Irrelevant. They'd rather dig holes, collect resources, fight monsters and build structures.

The majority truly doesn't give a shit about cinematic games or competitive games. Open world fuck-about games like Minecraft and GTA with very little bullshit interrupting and getting in the way of you playing the game are the only sorts of games that get such massive sales. They're closer to pure games than anything else.

Make a "good" Minecraft and it will be the best selling game in the history of the world. Minecraft is already gradually creeping up to becoming that already. It's in third place, just needs to go a bit longer to beat Wii Sports in 2nd and then have a long hard climb to rival Tetris.
>>
>>337318398
Because Japanese children love extremely casual games like Super Mario Bros. and Minecraft.

I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just a fact. Handheld games are king here, and Minecraft is the current flavor of the month with a lot of gaming children. It's a very simplistic and easy-to-perform game with no real consequences. You just do what you want and goof off.
>>
>>337319517
>Everyone

i have no interest in it
>>
>>337320684
Nor do I, but we aren't everyone.
>>
>>337319241

you need 18 years or older to post on 4chan
>>
>>337319241
>>337319384
>tfw i didnt know this either but have seen it for years

Is code geass a good anime? Last one i watched was death note with my mom way back then on adult swim
>>
>>337319517
>not a good game on any technical or design merits
There's some subtle quality in the resource design. Construction 'tiers' are created with renewable vs non-renewable, rare vs common, combat vs non-combat acquired, consumed vs fixture, processed vs as-is. Which makes setting up farms for creatures and plants a big fucking deal, since it gives more value for less travel time.

And, of course, the map generator is second only to Dorf.

On the other hand
>Java
Sure, make once runs on everything. But with tens of millions of dollars in revenue and few staff to pay, you'd think Mojang could start reworking the whole thing in a compiled language and do multiple builds.
>>
Why would they play the psmuerta version when the vastly superior Android/iOS version exists. It's not like Minecraft requires complex controls to merit a controller.
>>
>>337321460
Morningstar anon?
>>
>>337318398

>nips playing western games

This is so fucking weird
>>
I'm tempted to buy Minecraft on the Vita since I feel like it would be maximum comfy while being a competent handheld port. Plus I know one other friend who'd play with me as well
>>
>>337323521
I remember back in the day when kojima was interviewed he said he played halo and left4dead a lot on his 360

is it a surprise that nips sample our games as much as we sample theirs?
>>
>>337320642
If you call SMB casual then what in the hell do you call easier games like Final Fantasy and Persona?
>>
>>337323521
Cod, Destiny, and GTA sell more in Japan than most Jap games.
>>
File: lawl.jpg (59 KB, 589x530) Image search: [Google]
lawl.jpg
59 KB, 589x530
>>337318398
>this game is bad because /v/ said so
>why they play this game?

because they arent sheltered /v/irgin that take opinion from garbage of internet
>>
>>337324406
White people build better shit, go figure.
>>
>>337321862
>But with tens of millions of dollars in revenue and few staff to pay, you'd think Mojang could start reworking the whole thing in a compiled language and do multiple builds.

That's literally what Microsoft is doing now, they're essentially backporting all the current features to the Pocket Edition and calling it Minecraft for Windows 10. It's mostly C++.
>>
Japanese game devs could never create a sandbox game like Minecraft. It's just not in their minds. Seeing a game that's entirely different from typical games in Japan will interest them.
>>
>>337325538
Dragon Quest Builders is a start
>>
>Be me
>Playing on minecraft PvP servers cause my stupid little cousins asked me to
>i fucking wreck everything cause I understand controls and know how to outplay people
>get hatemail
>recieve warnings of people trying to bruteforce into my minecraft account

Those kiddies have no fucking clue. I zozzle everytime I decide to waste another bunch of twelve year olds while waiting for new games to be released.
>>
>>337324994
If that works on win7 I might give enough of a fuck to remember my account & password from cbt days
Java pls go and stay go
>>
>>337321126
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>337326451
Don't give a tripfag a (You), it's why they do it

Only way to get rid of them is to filter
>>
>>337318398
Doesn't that game require like 12TB of RAM? How does it run on a handheld?
>>
>>337321460
It's nice. It switches between legit good and so bad it's good at least 3 times per episode.
>>
>>337326945
I dont know but its one of those technical masterpieces. Its the same size world as 360/ps3. Only downside is the frame drops but its still pretty amazing
>>
>>337320684
you're also a nobody
>>
Why is this thread so full of new, holy shit.
>>
The same reason they loved skyrim and call of duty, they have shit taste.
>>
>>337319241
this
>>
After going there a few times and making a lot of japanese friends there I can say I believe they are all Autistic. The whole country is Autistic.
>>
>>337325771
>>Be me
who the fuck else were you supposed to be?
>>
>>337325771
>be me
>>>/b/
>>
>>337320503
>Make a "good" Minecraft and it will be the best selling game in the history of the world
It's already the third best selling game ever - behind Wii Sports (a bundle game) and a Tetris app released in 2006
>>
Why hasn't a professional video gaming company taken the mantle to make Minecraft 2? Some neckbeard came up with a shitty prototype for something apparently everyone fucking wanted. He stroke gold after an apple fell on his head. Why not take that prototype concept and let professionals make a good game? Where's my Voxel game with spherical biome planets, alien infection spreads, death stars, good combat, custom object builder and easy to use but powerful mod tools? Why do those companies hate money?
>>
>>337329668
There's tons of games that do Minecraft better, depending on what you what you want out of it. None of them will ever be as popular or successful as Minecraft, though.
>>
>>337321460
absolutely not
its a trainwreck
>>
>>337329864
None of them do Minecraft better. They're either very early alpha abandonwares or they diverged into autismfactory, something minecraft also does better with mods and still has other aspects.
>>
>>337329668
We'll have to wait for Microsoft to do so it seems
>>
File: 1462446075153.jpg (8 KB, 276x277) Image search: [Google]
1462446075153.jpg
8 KB, 276x277
>>337329668
>Wanting a Minecraft game with "depth"
The reason Minecraft sells like crazy because it removes all the austistic nerdy lore bullshit faggots like you want and gives the average kid virtual LEGO bricks without having to understand much more than "go build this shit".
>>
>>337329573
Nice reading skills retard.
>>
>>337318398
Remember all the legos you had? ( if you are not 12 years old )

that is minecraft but in video game form.
>>
>>337330198
Minecraft is the only game that real, actual autists can play without having a meltdown.
>>
>>337330806
Autism is a spectrum.

Those who like lore are one side.
Those who play with LEGO bricks for more than 5 minutes is the other.
>>
i liked minecraft until people started doing creative mode instead of manually mining for resources
>>
>>337321460
It's alright. I recommend giving it a watch
>>
File: 1365615947892.jpg (166 KB, 650x814) Image search: [Google]
1365615947892.jpg
166 KB, 650x814
Nothing wrong with minecraft on a handheld or phone, going out of your way to play it home for hours is different story
>>
>>337331024
Why even bother? There's no gratification or meaningful rewards that comes from building up material to play a shallow survival game.

At least Creative Mode you can be "Creative" with the monumental shit you build.
>>
>>337330198
Didn't say anything about lore or story. If you're referring to the alien infection, I meant more in the spirit of the Crimson/Corruption from Terraria.
>>
>>337331615
it's like playing RPG with max level/gold cheat

it's just not fun
>>
File: 1461889398534.png (525 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
1461889398534.png
525 KB, 1040x1040
>>337331764
You can't compare Minecraft to an RPG.
It's a sandbox game, it wants you to explore and build shit with what you find.

Someone probably gets a bigger feeling of accomplishment by making a giant statue, a temple, monuments and other such things meticulously sculpted by them until it was perfect than just finding some material to build a shitty hut.
>>
>>337331970
i had the most fun when i was building a 10 story tower with manually mined rocks and shit
>>
>>337330806
And yet it has an incredibly popular and lively mod community that adds 300 times the content, including quite complex shit. Minecraft isn't successful because it's simple, but because you can do A N Y T H I N G in a fully destructible world. Does anyone on PC even play vanilla minecraft anymore?
>>
>>337332027
Then you're just kinda weird, my man.
>>
> Microsoft officially supports the vita more the Sony

KEK
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.