[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
god hand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: s1-4.jpg (42 KB, 593x447) Image search: [Google]
s1-4.jpg
42 KB, 593x447
How do people guard break enemies so reliably?

Can they really react THAT fast or it's some kind of trick like up-dodging the moment they see them blocking and then guard breaking?

Or do they predict them blocking after certain X hits?
>>
>>337307831
Most just put guard break in the basic combo.
>>
>>337309452
but isn't it bad practice? you're just basically wailing at enemy hoping guard break will land during that one half of a second when enemy is blocking

and it GB is laggy too
>>
Most enemies can be baited into being guarded
>>
God Hand Remastered for Steam, when?
>>
I usually just do 3 or 4 punches into a guard break
If they started blocking I get a bunch of free damage. If not, I dodge their retaliation and try again
>>
yeah usually you bait them or predict it.
also its tricky but its far from impossible to react to them guarding.

just keep playing, you can get a sense of when enemies usyally block and throw out guard breaks then
>>
>>337309594
Yeah, it arguably is bad practice, but most enemies on higher levels love to block. And honestly dodging and positioning is more important.
>>
any tips for god hand?

its kicking my ass which is normal because i have yet to overcome the learning curve and just need to git gud

i just want to know that is their an efficient way to determine whats a good move to put into your combo maker thing?
>>
>>337307831
for some minor enemies it's after X hits
>>
>>337309998
>That Capcom representative that just laughed when someone asked if Gene had a chance for MvC3
>>
>>337309998
it's perfectly playable on PCSX2, that's how i beat it

i actually bought used PS2 last week and actual hardware does make a difference -- apparently emulator adds it's own lag

>>337310084
>>337309791
> baiting enemies into guarding
how?
>>
>>337310402

i wouldve liked him to be in mvc3 but i had realistic expectations that capcom will most likely not give him the slot
>>
>>337307831
It's random but stronger enemies tend to block sooner. Anywhere after 1-4 hits is a good time to guard break if you're on level die. You get a feel for it after a while.
>>
You just look out for the block animation and don't go ham mashing on your combo. Some video out there talks about how everything in God Hand is reactable, they just throw out more stuff at you at higher difficulties.
>>
>>337310315
when you see group of enemies 3+ run away from them and then pull them towards you one by one by taunting

use roulette and cancel to reorient the camera quickly
>>
>>337311158
thats good to know

i think i can handle a group of enemies because i most of the time use the running attacks for aoe and to break and manage the group

i just would like to know what to look for when im working on my movelist
>>
File: 1.png (84 KB, 276x361) Image search: [Google]
1.png
84 KB, 276x361
Is it better to emulate or just get a physical copy?
>>
>>337310315
Backflips are for emergencies only. A lot of newbs use it way too much when you should instead be ducking or side-stepping.

You should be able to kill a low-level thug without getting hit once. If you can't, hit-hit-guardbreak-dodge is a basic combo that can get you through most thugs

Yes-Man-Kablam is a nice move to have in order to cheese the game. Use it after you guard break someone, you'll build up god-power fast.
I always like low kicks, most enemies don't guard down there and it's awesome for crowd control.
>>
File: happening bunker.jpg (34 KB, 669x472) Image search: [Google]
happening bunker.jpg
34 KB, 669x472
post yfw fighting devil hand for the first time
>>
File: Everything is fine.jpg (533 KB, 1065x1004) Image search: [Google]
Everything is fine.jpg
533 KB, 1065x1004
>>337311873
>>
>>337311873
i died 4 times before i started cheesing him

christ i cannot anticipate his move
>>
>>337311746
>Yes-Man-Kablam is a nice move to have in order to cheese the game. Use it after you guard break someone, you'll build up god-power fast.
oh yeah
if you dizzied an enemy and pummel QTE prompt appears, you have the time to do YMK on them twice, do YMK - once it hits you up dodge to save time - YMK again and THEN activate pummel QTE

2 YMKs and QTE will give you a lot of god hand meter

for the same reason -- don't activate pummel QTEs during god hand mode. You're already completely invincible during it so doing pummel too would be superfluous. Wait until GHmode runs out and then activate pummel.

Prompt lasts four seconds so time it right.
>>
File: 1296966778369.png (196 KB, 467x286) Image search: [Google]
1296966778369.png
196 KB, 467x286
>playing through the game the entire way
>only AFTER do I realise that pressing up on the right stick dodges without moving
>pressing triangle on a downed enemy launches them in the air for more combos
>>
>>337312476
>you can mash all face buttons
>>
>>337312178
you mean fiery hands?

when you see his hand to start glowing, backflip and move backwards, space yourself to be just outside of his range about 1.5-2 meters away

as he finishes spazzing out with fire he sits there like an asshole for a second, so you have the time to charge your hard hitting attack like forearm smash or fist of justice

if you space yourself right you can start charging even before he is done with fire and it will hit him with full charge
>>
File: 1462916600217.jpg (118 KB, 550x854) Image search: [Google]
1462916600217.jpg
118 KB, 550x854
every time I come back to this game, i go for a kms run and stop dead at those fucking stooges. I just can't power through the fucker, then look online and see Mike flawless the fuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaGb7hjzKQ
>>
File: 1449116331297.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449116331297.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>337314759
Mike's easily the best player for God Hand.
That or he's insane for doing flawless kms Great Sensei.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.