[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ just got the oculus rift yesterday and here are my thoughts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Oculus-Rift-2-1024x576.jpg (38 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Oculus-Rift-2-1024x576.jpg
38 KB, 1024x576
Hey /v/ just got the oculus rift yesterday and here are my thoughts.

The oculus is fucking awesome although expensive for poorfags. Here are my opinions of the launch games.

Lucky Tale is fun a fun and interesting platforming game.

Farlands is like pokemon snap and has pretty good graphics.

Now Eve Valkyrie was the game I was excited about. I'm very mixed on this game. The experience of flying in a cockpit and doing dogfights is some next level shit. But holy fuck why is there no single player campaign and I am having so many issues with the multiplayer. The ship doesn't control right and seems to go in any direction it feels like going. It's completely unplayable. What the fuck happened to this game!!!!
>>
I was set on getting Oculus but seeing the stuff Vive can do with it's roomscale has given me second thoughts. I'm waiting to see how the Touch compares.
>>
Waiting on 2nd generation myself.

Thanks for investing in VR for me!
>>
>>337308028
not op but i know what you mean, the vive looks like it has a lot of fun stuff, but i have a feeling its going to be a short gimmick like the VR cards for the nintendo 3DS, one that you play once and never look at again

my money now is still on the rift, but i want to see how their oculus touch works first before i order one
>>
Interesting you should report those issues with Eve, it doesn't seem like anyone else is having those issues from what I've been hearing.

Never put on a Rift myself, but I've been fucking around with my GearVR for awhile. It's damn cool.

The Vive seems like an overall better experience, but I'm hoping we get some sort of unified open VR standard in the next couple years so that headsets are treated more like monitors than consoles.

In any case, this tech is the future, but it's not the future yet.
Give it three to five years, and normies will start to buy this stuff up when the tech becomes affordable and it gets more mainstream exposure.
>>
>>337308328
>GearVR
You using a Galaxy Phone for that or did you somehow get it to work for PC?

Kinda interested in messing with that on PC.
>>
>>337308917
Doesn't work on PC unless you can stuff your 24" monitor into that 4" hole.
>>
>>337308917
You need a Galaxy phone above Note4/s5.

There are programs like Trinus which let you mirror some games to your phone, but it's a pretty fucking shitty experience (lag out the ass, designed for Cardboard so it uses onboard gyro not the GearVR's sensors).

It needs a killer app desperately - the novelty of VR will wear off quick unless they get something great for it. I mean, there's Minecraft, and it's a great experience exploring caves and mining in VR, but it's still buggy and unoptimized.

No real AAA stuff for it yet. Lots of shovelware.
>>
>>337309192
Here's hoping PSVR takes off then I suppose.

They were able to convince 40 million people to invest in Gen 7.5 after all.
>>
Is descent underground any good for oculus rift?
>>
>>337307192
>Lucky Tale
I'm not paying that much to play a damn kids game.
>>
>>337308265
Yeah, converting a room for playspace is a big demand but I've seen the Vive work with very small areas and it has a standing mode. It's probably going to be something more for Tiltbrush-like apps than just games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhIxY6G-UHE
>>
>>337307192
>not buying superior vive
have fun being stuck to your chair
>>
>>337307192
can you post some pictures pls
>>
File: 1460246668544.webm (2 MB, 772x640) Image search: [Google]
1460246668544.webm
2 MB, 772x640
Nah, VR is shit.
>>
>>337308028
Yeah waiting on Touch myself to see how things turn out. After I tried it at an event within minutes of trying the Vive, it showed promise.

I'm still not getting VR though. All the demos I've tried still haven't shown me it's worth it, and I've tried stuff like Bullet Train and Raw Data.
>>
>>337312032
(You)
>>
I'm waiting for VR to go down in price before I get into it. $400 for something like the VIve is my limit
>>
File: vr naysayers.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
vr naysayers.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>337312032
>Literal thousands of videos showing VR is good.
>One video says it's bad
>/v/ jump on it like flies to shit whilst the video's maker count their youtube money.
>>
>>337316009
>taking retard reactions from youtube watching some roller coaster demo

people in those videos dont even know what a screen door effect is, they are just blown away by strapping a screen to their face.

nice try shill
>>
>>337307192
It's because the head controls only work for looking around your cockpit. You have to use your controller to even do anything. If there was some kind of Steel Battalion game with Oculus/Vive, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
>>
>>337316172
I'd ask how you'd explain all the professional people reviewing them but I already know it's going to be "s-s-shill" to anybody who disagrees with you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.