[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy this game on Steam? I saw some anon cumming over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
Should I buy this game on Steam? I saw some anon cumming over this game in another thread and it's on discount right now... What other game should I buy from this company?
>>
I wasn't aware they had other games, but there's a sequel coming out at some point. I haven't played either versions of this one, since I can tell it's a challenge that takes a lot of dedication (or reading guides), but I'm very intrigued, and I've watched enough that I'd recommend it.
>>
I'm sort of thinking about it too, but what I've heard about the really bullshit cryptic puzzles that can take hours of backtracking is making me hesitant.
>>
It's a spectacular game, and one of my favorite metroidvania-type games.

It's much more puzzle than action-focused, and the puzzles get super fucking cryptic. You will either a) be a faggot and follow a walkthrough, b) fill up pages and pages of a notebook, or c) take like 50 hours to beat the game through trial and error guessing and shit. It's one of the few really non-linear games in the genre, so you when you hit dead ends you can always head to other areas and get new items that might help. It's good shit.
>>
>>337297718

It's a hard as fuck, cryptic metroidvania with a ton of content. Even if you use a walk through the game will still kick your ass.

I love it.
>>
>>337298532
Grab a pencil and a notebook. This is the realest Indiana Jones simulator to ever exist.
>>
>>337297718
>>337298058
He means the publisher, not the developer. All of Playism's games are currently discounted on Steam.
>>
Definitely get it, it's fantastic. Music, art, bosses, world, it's all amazing.
>>
When I started playing this, I initially somehow seemed to glitch through the floor to an area I couldn't later find access to. At the time I hadn't found the teleportation stuff yet and just died down there.

It was ok. 10/10 ign.
>>
>>337302058

nice blog, m8.
>>
It's a combination of Metroid and Myst

If that sounds appealing, get it.
>>
Should I buy this on Vita?
>>
>>337302185
The Vita version has a beastiary that isn't in any other version. Dunno how the controls are though
>>
This game is great and I fucking hate it.

It holds in perfect tension so many things that I love so much and so many things that are beyond fucking infuriating for me. Movement feels great, jumping feels great ,whipping feels great, art is gorgeous, bosses are FUCKING AMAZING, and the music ain't half bad either.

But behind all that deliciousness is a core of evil. What the game doesn't tell you is that its main mechanic is PUZZLES! Not jumping or whipping. Puzzles. And they are some vicious goddamn puzzles. Hints are scattered all over the goddamn place for puzzles in completely different areas, and half the time these hints require the use of absolutely hare-brained "logic" to discern their true meaning. And even when you do solve a puzzle, sometimes the effects of doing so aren't immediately obvious. One or two times, you'll probably solve a puzzle by accident and then become even more lost when you come across the next set of puzzles that build on what you were supposed to learn from the first one. It's absolutely goddamn EVIL, and it gets off on it. You can tell the dev team had a real passion for similarly evil games they played in their youth.

Goddamn this game is fucking terrible and I love it.
>>
>>337303261
Oh, and I forgot to mention that you have to learn a fictional alphabet & numerical system to solve late-game puzzles. Fucking evil.
>>
>>337297718
I played it recently. I went as far as I could without a guide before being so lost I needed it. If I kept notes I could have gone further but such is life. Definitely recommend if you're into puzzles
>>
>>337303387
But you only have to learn the numbers, not the alphabet
>>
>>337297718
If you like adventuring and puzzles that will make you yell bullshit and weird Japanese humor, sure

I recommend the original though since its one huge love letter to the MSX.
>>
>>337303746
You have to learn enough of the letters to spell Mu's name. And you have to know who Mu is in the context of the ludicrously detailed lore.
>>
You will pull your hair out, save your money.
>>
>>337303984
>Implying it isn't satisfying as fuck and worth your money to solve a bullshit puzzle on your own
>>
>should I buy the best game of all time?

i dunno
>>
It's good, but some of the puzzles are incredibly cryptic.

It's not too bad at the start, but later on shit gets crazy. There are quite a few the hint(s) are miles away from what they're supposed to help you with. Only when you use a guide and read the hint later, you'll actually realize what the fuck it was referring too.
>>
Where the fuck is La-Mulana 2 reeeeeeeeee
>>
File: palenque-boss-fight-animaion-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
palenque-boss-fight-animaion-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
people rarely mention it when talking about this game, but i fucking love atmosphere and backstory of this game

there aren't really that many games that pull from so many mythos
>>
>>337304973
On the Backer forum they said it would come out this year

I really hope it's true
>>
>>337305209

What type of backstory? Crap like Lovecraft or something original?
>>
>>337304132
No. Half of the puzzles require developer insight to solve.
>>
people always say the tablets are all clues to in game puzzles, but that's bullshit. Lots of them are just lore. The problem is that the ones that ARE clues are dressed like lore so you don't really know what's a clue dressed in metaphor and what's just lore.
>>
>>337305713
There's also that one that increases the difficulty of the game if you touch it. Seriously, what the fuck.
>>
>>337305470
Not really Lovecraftian, no. I can't say too much without spoilers, but the plot involves the creation of all life on Earth and every single race to ever inhabit it over like a hundred thousand years.
>>
>>337305906
It literally tells you to not touch it again if you don't want the difficulty to be raised.
>>
>>337306021
It doesn't tell you what it is going to do.
>>
>>337297718
Yes. Get 100 copies. Give them to others that are non-believers.
>>
>>337305707
I did most of the game without looking on the internet. I was doing it at the same time as a friend and we would both give hints and tips we found out to help each-other, but it's really possible to do most of it without internet.

The only part I could remember using it for was in the Labyrinth(?) (where you fight Bahamut) on the final puzzles. I think it was the Mantras puzzle
>>
>>337297718
Great game, do it.
>>
File: 1443048531722.jpg (27 KB, 293x302) Image search: [Google]
1443048531722.jpg
27 KB, 293x302
>there are people on this board who seriously never played La Mulana
Pirate it if you're so curious you dumb fuck. It's seriously one of the best platformers ever made though.
>>
>>337306097
it says that you will be cursed or something like that
i got the message and touched it 2nd time just to see what happens and as i expected it ut turned on hard mode

you can just reload from previous save
>>
>>337306147
> Mantras puzzle
> bothering with triangulation or whatever the fuck it was
> not just screaming mantras like an asshole in all rooms across all levels
takes like 10 minutes tops
>>
I've started it 3 times. Every time I get to the point where you can access the other temple and there are just too many places to go and I can't figure out what to do in any of them.
>>
>>337306239

Not everybody is a pathetic pirate, stupid hamster.
>>
>>337298663

How cryptic are we talking? Do the clues at least make sense after you figure out the puzzle by using a walk through?
>>
>>337307170
They do, yeah, but the joy is in solving it without a walkthrough.
>>
>>337297718
One of my biggest disapointments in gaming, though that's a somewhat personal thing. People will try to shove this on you like it's the best thing since sliced bread and will defend it harder than fanatic super-metroidfags, so BE CAREFUL.

I won't sugarcoat it saying "it's challenging, but fair". This shit will hit you hard with no regards for your feelings.

Even so, it's still the best of it's kind. You just have to have to be a bit of a masochist to enjoy it and that's a perfectly valid reason to enjoy something.
>>
>>337306239
you don't even have to pirate it

original PC game is still freeware
>>
>>337303387

You have to do that in Environmental Station Alphas post game, except that part is fun and you do all sorts of cool stuff with the new language until the game goes full autism mode and you're left trying to type in a password into specific locations.
>>
File: IMG_3421.jpg (30 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3421.jpg
30 KB, 500x368
>>337307124
Shut up you dumb cunt. I've personally bought 15 copies to give away on /v/ and gave the kikestarter $200
>>
>>337307330
So, you liked it or not?
>>
>>337307170
Uh... sometimes. There's still a few that I can't even begin to comprehend, even after beating the game several times. And they're all in or near the Gate of Illusion.

That place is a nightmare.
>>
The worst parts are the RNG fairies, and how you sometimes need a specific one to solve a puzzle, so you just have to wait for that specific one and run around everywhere you can.
>>
>>337307537
>One of my biggest disapointments in gaming

I think my opinion is abundantly clear.

It's just that I'm also humble enough to recognize it trully excels at what it does, even if that doesn't appeal to me (in fact I despise it).
>>
File: spikes la mulana.jpg (44 KB, 449x354) Image search: [Google]
spikes la mulana.jpg
44 KB, 449x354
hi
>>
>>337308345
Seriously this whole area is fucking bullshit, and the way to get there is almost even worse without internet.

Glad it's only optional
>>
>watch where you whip
o-okay.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.