[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12
File: 2246811-dead_space_3_5.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
2246811-dead_space_3_5.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
You're in charge of making a new Dead Space game for current gen consoles. What do you do?
>>
>>337291584
Simple not 3!
>>
Considering the ending of DS3 dlc, how do you even?
>>
just scrap the current characters and start from scratch. they ruined Isaac with all this soap opera drama shit.
>>
>>337291762
Reboot it.

>>337291851
Fuck you, Isaac with a voice is better than Mute Isaac. KYS Anon.

>>337291719
3 was good, just not a good horror game. Loved the gameplay of 3, only shitty thing was universal ammo.
>>
>>337292002
>drama shit being bad = the character being voiced was bad
I forgot how illiterate /v/ is
>>
>>337291584
Make 3 not canon, and new Dead Space: Subtitle would have a new character.
>>
File: Roxxor.png (535 KB, 1004x569) Image search: [Google]
Roxxor.png
535 KB, 1004x569
Make the Latina piece of shit be killed brutally, and Replace her, w/ a hot big tittied blonde girl that'll suck your dick/

Make it focused on Horror and being alone.
More armor designs none of that same reskinned shit.

have an actual good ending. and a satisfying way to kill the antagonist
>>
>>337291584
>new MC
>no human enemies
>no npcs
>no sjw pandering/soap opera melodrama bullshit

just one playable character who wakes up alone on a derelict ship out in the middle of nowhere, killing necromorphs and trying not to go insane with loneliness/isolation.
>>
>>337293126
NO
ELLIE IS PERFECT AND 3 JUST RUINED EVERYTHING
>>
>>337291584
put in my two weeks notice
>>
>>337293345
Heyheyhey.....Make him into a Doctor.

That way he'll have to say some in the lines of. "Trust Me I'm a Doctor". And we gonna have to do some surgeries, like stopping the mutation of a necromorph or something.
>>
>>337291584
>for current gen consoles

Why limit myself by creating it soley for consoles?
>>
>>337291584
Put necromorphs on a space station.
Isaac has to fix a thing on it.
GOTY
>>
Reboot, survival horror, earths orbit
>>
Fucking reboot with a new MC (and maybe they're a Medic). There's no saving the current story with the retarded Moon shit and everything turning into some CoD war against the necro ARMY which the dlc ending was hinting at pretty strongly. Co-op needs to go as well. Get back to the basics of the original game. Necromorphs were better when they were ambiguous and mysterious in origin.
>>
File: 1461877612001.png (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461877612001.png
264 KB, 1000x1000
>>337291762
Since he and Carver had been hallucinating for the entirety of Awakened, how about we make it so that they wake up on the USG Terra Nova and it's revealed that the hallucination at the end of Awakened was just a vision of what is to come, so to speak.

Cue some bullshit about Isaac and Carver going down to earth to either save Ellie (once-a-fucking-gain) or warn everyone, all the while meeting resistance from the newly formed necromorphs that arose from Danik & the Markerheads massacre and the demolition of the Marker sites on Earth.

I mean, sure, it'd be pretty fucking wonky but it's one viable option out of many, and I'll be satisfied so long as I get to see Isaac be A: a badass B: extremely indignant at getting fucked over by almost every single person he meets, like in Dead Space 2.
>>
>>337291584
Optional voice controls - every time you swear Isaac performs an angry stomp.
>SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT CUNT
>>
File: stomp 2.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
stomp 2.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>337294914
>never says stuff like "GET THE FUCK OFF ME" or "MOTHERFUCKER" when he successfully manages to defend against a grapple
such wasted potential
>>
Dead Space 1, 2, and 3 remastered collection for current consoles when?

A full overhaul of 1 with improved graphics and some of the improved mechanics (stomping, kinesis) from the later games would undoubtedly be the best in the series, but 2 and 3 could also benefit from a rerelease.

Hell, just turn them all into one long ass game. "The Clarke Collection". I'd buy that shit. Everyone would buy that shit.
>>
A new game where some bum fuck discovers a new deadly creature that wrekted everything, and then throw in some necros in as well getting constantly fucked over by the new species.
>>
>>337295043
Not everyone likes ebonics.
>>
>>337296226
cussing =/= ebonics
he even says the motherfucker part while stomping
>>
File: Ubermorph.jpg (74 KB, 370x600) Image search: [Google]
Ubermorph.jpg
74 KB, 370x600
Hey.
>>
>>337291584
Using 3s winter, The Thing-esq setting but making it good.

God damn I had high hopes for that game
>>
>>337297668
they fucked up everything, the atmosphere, the nodes, the bench, the story. fuck me
>>
>>337291584
retcon the ending of Dead space 2 to make isaac die sitting crying next to the marker, and make a new one where you control ellie.
>>
>>337293345
Kinda like amnesia in space type deal?
>>
File: 2016-02-26_00005.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-26_00005.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>337297912
they did get the atmosphere in space and inside the derelict spaceship right, to be fair; if only the game had been more like that
>>
>>337298201
I find the funny that the only scary part in DS2 was when you went back to the Ishimura. They really nailed the atmosphere on that section.
>>
>>337292002
thank you. im so sick of the dead space is a bad game because its a bad dead space meme
>>
Focus on the feeling on isolation in the game design. Give it a new main character and better writers so the story isn't a fucking joke.
>>
File: spacedead2.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spacedead2.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
>>337298306
i felt quite spooked during some of the introductory chapters, with the constant power outages and that part where you can only use kinesis to kill the necromorphs

the chase with the guy in >>337297479 was quite scary too
>>
>>337296226
Nothing of that is ebonics.
>>
>>337298306
Good thing the gameplay is still so fucking incredible.

But yeah, DS1 is the only one that really attempts slow, brooding horror.
>>
hmm
>>
>>337298306
Well they did split your asshole open with a pair of Brutes.

And that fucking abandoned tram section that the fight takes place in was perfectly designed with all the portable lamps getting knocked over as the Brutes or swarm of Necros charged at you, making the distance slowly darken as they approached.
>>
by not calling it dead space and starting over from scratch.
>>
By giving it a star wars skin and calling it Republic Commando 2
>>
>>337301049
good thing you're not in charge, starwars normies a scum of the earth
>>
Reboot it.
>Dead Space 1 and 2 are combined into a single game, with the section containing 1 to be slightly shorter and lengthening 2's part.

>Add more sanity effects that actually factor into gameplay.

>No Ellie, she ruins shit. Isaac can still talk, but not often and he stops taking his fucking helmet off for no reason.
>>
File: 1349466595820.jpg (62 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
1349466595820.jpg
62 KB, 600x444
>got DS2 on steam before origin existed
>try to install again
>"install limit reached"
>DRM kicked in, yo
>can't deauthorize other machines that don't exist anymore
>EA won't unfuck it because it isn't on origin

I mad.
>>
File: 1450147941930.jpg (77 KB, 620x396) Image search: [Google]
1450147941930.jpg
77 KB, 620x396
>>337301291
ngl I'm pretty tired of hearing star wars this star wars that. like how many good game companies must be preoccupied with these shitty games???? when will it end. when can I turn on the tv and not hear shit about star wars???? does such a life exist?
also just do the exact reverse of DS3 and I'm sure it'll be a better game
>>
>>337292002
Yeah, I agree.

Dead Space 3 wasn't a bad game. It was just too action focused like RE5 vs. RE4.

Also, get rid of the lame side characters if you want to reboot it.
>>
I'd probably just retcon 3 and start from 2 or reboot.

I can honestly understand why it gets more action oriented and less scary. Isaac gets use to it, he's so fucked in the head he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Isaac starts gearing up for actual battle instead of bringing with him construction and repair tools and armor. It's like the suspense of Alien and then moving onto Alien 2 where it can still be kind of spooky but for the most part they're fucking ready for war now. Then you have 3 which is more like all the other Alien films, they're shit. They should have just ended it at 2 and then made other spin off series with brand new main characters which could easily make it spooky again.
>>
I may be in the minority here, but I'd focus on Lexine from the rail shooter game and Severed DLC. Could make it where her vessel managed to get away from any searching Unitologists and she managed to find a space station way out, maybe another planet cracker. Make it where she had her kid and the main goal is to get the kid and escape from another outbreak.

That or if you REALLY want to continue off of DS3 then make it take place on Earth. Play as a random soldier, maybe a Unitologist security guy that realizes how fucked everything is, and try to escape.

Either way I'd leave Isaac out of it. I liked him in DS1 and DS2, but he's done in my opinion. At this point there's very few directions to take his character and even less of a reason for him to be scared or unprepared (key components of horror games) in the face of another outbreak.
>>
>>337303025
>Dead Space
>take place on Earth
>Space
>take place on Earth
This was one of the main reasons 3 sucked, at least put it on space station on Earth orbit or something
>>
File: 1460252585263.jpg (327 KB, 2060x1815) Image search: [Google]
1460252585263.jpg
327 KB, 2060x1815
>>337303025
I like this idea but lexine was a bitch and I really think we've seen enough of her.

I'd like to see a new main character from earth just doing his/her best to survive and then later on gets sucked into all the "last hope for humanity" shit. maybe saving isaac on the way maybe not.

either way I hope they employ the "fleet of planet crackers fucking shit up in a giant battle between earth and the moons" idea
>>
>>337303025
>>337303768
I had this idea about dead space game where you play a rogue earthgov commander. Didn't think further than that though
>>
>>337304142
that would be pretty neat, if done right. I can see like a tight knit team of rogue soldiers following your command, and it still be scary and fun and dead space-y. IF DONE RIGHT.

(but better to be safe than sorry)

(as if dead space 4 will ever come out anyways :'/// )
>>
>Dead Space: Extraction
Hold on a second, is it good, can i emulate it?
>>
>>337304470
I played it on ps3 when it came with a limited edition ds2 copy. It was ok. nothing special, more of a time killer on a console than a game
>>
>>337302135
Good old time.
>>
>>337293126
Where dat pic from?
Faintly fammiliar...
>>
>>337306576
probably until dawn or something
>>
>>337307143
nope. but I remember seeing it from somewhere stupid
>>
No human enemies. More of the humans vs monsters. Less talking. More atmosphere. Visit different ships. Less snow
>>
>>337307443
>>337307143
Found it.
The Crew, some fucking racing game. Neato Roboto graphics.
>>
>>337302135
try again, i just recently installed dead space 1 and 2 through steam.
>>
File: 1452718857286.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1452718857286.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>337307584
ah yes. something stupid
>>
>>337291584
under water.
>>
Throw if a few decades in the future from the setting of 1 and 2; government keeping rumors of the markers quelled, news about what happened on the station in 2 never got out to the rest of humanity.

Take it back to a single ship (out prospecting or some shit) but small, maybe the size of the Nostromo with a crew of say, a little over a dozen.Que contact with the marker, gradual breakdown of sanity and then infestation

You play as the ship's engineer and have to go full survival. Small(ish) ship with your former crew complicating shit by being individual elements that are trying to stay alive on their own by any means, being turned into necros, or going insane. No military-grade stuff on hand, weapons and armour crafting from whatever's available.
>>
File: 1451175427087.png (154 KB, 737x606) Image search: [Google]
1451175427087.png
154 KB, 737x606
>>337309593
whole game takes place underwater in the "atlantis of necromorphs" also replace every enemy with more human combatants and make underwater combat rely on melee weapons and a giant hard to use harpoon gun. norton is the main character and the main focus of the story is making sure ellie stays in love with isaac (who never shows up in the game apart from a few mentions in dialogue) and also each cutscene takes a matter of 10 minutes to complete, they're unskippable, and everyone takes of their helmets.

Gun crafting is replaced with picking the same 3 melee combos off of dead enemies and generalized ammo makes a return.

co-op is forced and the partner is a mid redemption arc danik who is the only one in the game allowed to use kinesis.

hallucinations are gone and enemies pop out of every vent as soon as you pass them. the only attempts at horror should be focused on jump scares.

the movement system is dropped for a more viable "uncharted style" climbing, sliding, and grappling system.

the asteroid shooter minigame makes a return as a remastered version of the last one underwater. it's crucial to continue the game and lasts a whole 15 minutes before it reaches a checkpoint for optimal scares.

microtransactions return and a new shitty last minute multiplayer mode is tacked on to allow for pay to win dlc

it's called "dead space: chronicles: origins" and will be labelled an action adventure game with a 11/10 review from neogaf on the cover instead of cover art.

best idea ever
>>
>>337310765
Have one or two guys on your crew be unitologists, have the captain admit later on in the game that he knew about the markers etc

it's all there.
>>
Dead Space vs Aliens, let the memes out
>>
Issac and Carver survive 3/Awakening, manage to board one of the derelict ships and get a message out, but it's brief and garbled, no one believes anything that can be made out about it (EarthGov covered up the Unitologist attack on the Lunar Colony VERY well), but the player character and a small team of scavengers / archeologists / looters / guys who would check it out if just for the chance check out the remnants of the Sovereign Colonies.

Issac and/or Carver both started to lose their minds after the events of Awakening, and end it building a marker and killing each other / themselves.
>>
>>337311320
"necromorphs vs aliens vs predators: scafonian marines" is the only viable option for the next installment
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.