[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHENMUE HD HAPPENING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: shenmue HD.png (46 KB, 596x327) Image search: [Google]
shenmue HD.png
46 KB, 596x327
It's happening boys
>>
Shenmue HD kickstarter coming !

Sony e3 2016 here we go!
>>
>>337276790
Sega has nothing to do with Shenmue 3. If they want to make Shenmue 1 and 2 HD, they don't have to get Sony involved.
>>
>another rerelease

woooow i wonder why sega is dead.
>>
>>337276415
Who is this guy and why should I trust him?
>>
>Answering a fan question about whether the two remasters could ever happen, Sega community manager Dan Sheridan responded in the video: “With regards to Shenmue I and II HD, of course we would love to release these tomorrow. Sadly, it’s not as simple as porting the games to current platforms as we will need to ensure that any HD remaster lives up to the quality of the original titles. And with games as immersive as Shenmue I and II, there are further complications from licensed products that were included in the original games. That said, we’d love to do it and are currently investigating how to make it a reality.”
>>
>>337277062
>Old movie is rereleased on Bluray

Cool ! I love that movie ! Can't wait to watch it in a better definition !

>Old game is rereleased on modern platforms

FUCKING REHASH. THE VIDYA INDUSTRY IS FUCKING GARBAGE AND CANCER.
>>
They really need to make it happen too. Trying to play them again in NA is literally the worst thing ever.
>>
i'd rather they do jet set radio future remaster first
>>
>>337276415
Would buy the shit out of a PC version due to no load times but I refuse to feel any hype until we have a teaser, a trailer, anything that literally says "it's real and happening right now"
>>
>>337277130
Some sort of vidya industry analyst. He often tweets interesting stuff. Worth a follow.
>>
>>337277294
>Cool ! I love that movie ! Can't wait to watch it in a better definition !
Yeah everyone loves those old Disney movies on bluray.
>>
>>337277665
Ah, ok. Thanks.
>>
>>337276415
Sega doesn't need fucking Bluepoint to port it - they can do it themselves and it's not that big of a deal. The issue is that some of the libraries used in the game are either unlicenceable without paying an exorbitant sum of money since they are now for extremely niche applications or have their rights up in the air and would require hiring a whole department just to investigate who the fuck holds them right now and if they would be willing to licence them back at all for a sum that still makes the release profitable. Opting not to use the troublesome libraries means that you'll have to do real work and might as well rebuild the whole thing, which is not economical and would probably not be done by the time Shenmue 3 releases, which is why there is an interest to begin with.

They'll probably just do static recompilation and work around all of this shit if they decide to do it at all, and it's probably not even going to sell that great.
>>
>>337277130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elvoX2kb2X0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m55s
>>
>>337278036

That's not the only problem. The problem is that some companies actually lose their source code for their games, which is just mind boggling to me. Which is why you need people like Bluepoint to actually reverse engineer and modify the game on an assembly level to work on modern platforms. Libraries are troublesome but when you have to work from scratch based upon older builds and or just general old design documents, that's just out of just about every game company's scope of technical talent. It's much better than rebuilding the game from scratch, which no company would ever do unless it made you mad cash.

But as said, they might not do it since the business side of things are pretty shaky for a rerelease.
>>
>>337277062
I actually never got a chance to play these so fuck you
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.