[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>its literally Demons Souls 2 >its literally the glorious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: dark-souls-3-cover.jpg (952 KB, 900x1100) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-cover.jpg
952 KB, 900x1100
>its literally Demons Souls 2
>its literally the glorious sequel to Dark Souls 1 we always wanted
>its literally just Dark Souls 2 again but gets a free pass because it uses the old physics engine
>its literally a Bloodborne ripoff and nothing more

Well, which is it?
>>
It's shit, go play something good
>>
>>337261905
all of them
>>
the third one. it has nothing in common with bloodborne or demons souls and it sure as fuck wasn't glorious.
>>
>>337261905
>not using Well, what is it?
>>
It's Bloodborne + Demon's Souls except without any of their strengths, and without any of the strengths that Dark Souls 1 had.
>>
>>337261905
It's a new souls game that is enjoyable to play but /v/ has to hate it in order to look cool.

soulsfags are the worst.
>>
>>337261905
It's all and nothing of what you listed.
Why don't you play it and make your idea?
>>
>>337261905
its a good game, but most fans have been tricked into thinking its a proper sequel to dark souls 1, when in reality its bloodborne with a different coat of paint.
>>
>>337261905
It's OK, finished it last night, it's not as good as bloodborne or dark souls 1. Great bosses, yhorm the giant and wolnjir stood out in particular. Won't bother with ng+ just yet, need a break from solz 2bqh.
>>
It's the most like Demon's Souls in my opinion and here's why:

Horrible weapon balance, like Demons
Mana bar, like Demons
Multiple gimmicky glowing weak point bosses, like Demons
Weapon gimmick boss fight
No poise, like demons
PvP is nothing but attempting to stunlock somebody for as long as possible, like Demons
PvP is shit because people just roll back and heal themselves to full health every 10 seconds, like Demons
>>
>>337261905
It's okay.
>>
Why can't I dodge Nameless King? He should just be the same as any other one on one fight. He just keeps hitting me. Am I just getting psyched out?
>>
>>337263221
rolling too early
>>
>>337262190
>it's a bloodborne reskin
here's your (you)
>>
>>337263425
here your (poo), keep it in the loo
>>
>>337261905
Literally Dark Souls 2 but because it has old animations and "you can see the whole game from all angles" its now considered amazing.
>>
>>337262079
>>337261997
>>337262027
A lot of edge lords in here.
>>
This game sucks and that makes me cool and anyone who likes it is a loser
This game is so bad it's for nerds im so cool for not liking it.
>>
It's good, just like all of the other games
>>
Best one yet, in my opinion, friends
>>
>>337261905
DaS 3 is ok, but Fromsoft recycling fucking everything they could over and over again in these games got real fucking old

Better than vanilla DaS 2, worse than BB by quite a bit and nowhere near as good or memorable as DeS or DaS 1 were
>>
>>337261905
It's a good game. I don't see how any of that other shit is relevant.
>>
>>337262027
>it has nothing in common with bloodborne
>Undead Settlement which is literally right out of Bloodborne
>heated, red glowing weapons
>lycantrophes (the enemies on the crosses)
>enemies spout blood like they're blood balloons

Still a great game, but let's get real man.
>>
File: 1461064242212.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461064242212.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
I havent played it yet but are NPC quests really easy to botch up even before starting them?
>>
>>337268171

Incredibly so, but it's not like you're missing anything. The NPCs are garbage with maybe two exceptions.
>>
>>337261905
It's the real Dark Souls 2, only it moved backwards in some aspects for the sake of Demon's Souls references. Hyper armor is an improvement though.
>>
File: rob_van_dam_1423925477.jpg.cf1.jpg (19 KB, 615x300) Image search: [Google]
rob_van_dam_1423925477.jpg.cf1.jpg
19 KB, 615x300
>>337261905
It's really short and adds nothing new. They tried to compare the weapon arts to transforming weapons from Bloodborne, but they're not even close to as good and that shit was in DS2. Not every weapon had one, but quite a few had an L2 move when 2 handed. It needed more bosses and more shit to explore. The game was really linear with only one real optional area that went out of the way of the main quest. I was pretty disappointed. If it had more shit to do, I'd like it, but it's still gonna be (until DLC. We'll see then.)

>BB>DS3>DS1>DemS>DS2
The Old Hunters alone is better than all the other games.
>>
>>337261905
>Bloodborne ripoff

Yes, before demons souls and dark souls there was bloodborne. The pioneer of the genre.
>>
File: Renge_2.png (419 KB, 528x462) Image search: [Google]
Renge_2.png
419 KB, 528x462
>>337263952
>If you don't like what I like, that makes you edgy somehow!
Fucking stupid. Really fucking stupid.
>>
>>337269809
What is so good about Old Hunters? Its just 3 areas I thought it was praised because it finally added the weapons the main game lacked.
>>
>>337263221
It's because the first part of the fight aka trying to move the shitty camera around to be able to see that giant chicken and slice at at it's head and neck while trying to see what the guy is doing at the same time is just tedious as hell and not particularly hard, so when the real fight starts you've already lost all focus needed for the fight.
>>
File: 1462966754435.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1462966754435.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>337261905
>its literally a Bloodborne ripoff and nothing more

From Software ripped off themselves???

Just wanted to let you know how retarded that was OP, carry on with your flame thread.
>>
>>337270034
The lore behind it, the settings, the bosses, the new weapons and outfits, the difficulty was perfect, the length of it was better than any of the separate DLCs in DS2, the new enemies it added in, beast and ayy lmao transformations, and the best waifu was added in, in TOH.
>>
>>337270094
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a problem with the camera. That fight is just begging it to work right until the Dragon dies. I just beat Nameless King, I think it was the chicken that was fucking me up. I really like the king fight, the dragon not so much.
So he was Ornstein right? His armor even says it resembles "The first lord" and Ornstein personally knew Gwyn.
>>
DaS3>BB=SOTFS>DeS>DaS>DaS2

The objective truth f@ms
>>
/v/ has convinced me that souls fans are more autistic then Sonic fans.
>>
>>337269809
Switch DemS with DaS1 and i agree with you.
>>
>>337270519
He's Gwyn's first born son that was exiled. You find Ornstiens armor on that corpse at the end of the bridge after beating him, so that must be him dead on the ground after trying to find the Nameless King for whatever reason. He probably trained Ornstien personally.
>>
>>337270519
The dragon Nameless King was riding was Ornstein.
>>
>No poise
>Still compelled to use heavy armor, I can deal, I wore Brushwood in Demon's Souls.
>VIT has some ridiculously low gains and shit is super heavy
If it wasn't for the fact that I am getting damage reduction from the armor and VIT, I wouldn't even consider it.
I hope Poise actually gets fixed, though.
>>
>>337263952
Dark Souls 3 doesn't have any suspense in the lore and isn't very mystic.

I was never really scared in the game like i was in Bloodborne first blind run.
>>
>>337270704
Sure, I guess. I just didn't like it as much because I picked a female starter and all the armor was fucking male only and THEY NEVER LET US GET THAT SICK ASS PENETRATOR ARMOR! Fuck them for that!
>>
>>337271000
That was borderline stupid i give you that.
Also nice trips brah.
>>
>>337269809
>I was pretty dissapointed
>still puts DS3 as the second best in the series

why?
>>
>>337270659
Switch BB and DaS3 and I agree
>>
>>337271435
Because it's a good game, but it's just way too short. Honestly, if it had 2 more optional areas and 5-6 more bosses, I'd probably like it better than BB. It's good, just not as good as I expected it to be.
>>
>>337271780
I don't get what people like you expected.

This game was obviously being rushed out the ass. It was announced it was coming out in like a year just a few months after Bloodborne's release. The game was obviously going to either be an unfinished mess like DaS2 or shorter than usual. Thank god we got the latter.
>>
>>337272867
It was being made halfway through BB's development and they hyped it up to be the Souls game to top all Souls games. It was supposed to be the grand finale, but ended up kinda lacking.
>>
>>337273163
>they hyped it up to be the Souls game to top all Souls games.

So you based your expectations off of Namco's marketing strategy?
>>
File: criticsouls.jpg (745 KB, 1310x1862) Image search: [Google]
criticsouls.jpg
745 KB, 1310x1862
>>337261905
It's okay.
>>
>>337273557
>The Old Hunters
>87

This triggered me.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.