[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /v/. Tree of Savior finally opened for everyone but I noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7
File: tree.jpg (241 KB, 1194x653) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
241 KB, 1194x653
Dear /v/.

Tree of Savior finally opened for everyone but I noticed it had overall bad reviews so far.

Is that because pre-launch "early access" was limited in many functions or something, or the game is shit in general?
>>
So far its not too bad, Graphics are fantastic and killing is really satisfying, nice particle effects and comfy controls.

Im only 30lvls in, but Im excited to get home and play it tonight, Cant give much more info though.
>>
To me it was because of the early acess bullshit and the fact that while the game is mechanically sound, it is horribly optimised.
It's a good game, but give it a few updates and it can become a great game.
>>
us and eur servers are ok, sa and sea are a mess, specially south america
>>
I have a friend that's obsessed with it and plays it all day every day. Is it actually decent? I don't normally play mmos
>>
The only issue I've run into so far is that the game is about as optimized as my dick
>>
>>337247902
how does this compare to the good old Ragnarok online? I mean, I'm interested but the only MMO of this kind I played has ben Ragnarock so it's my only reference.
>>
It's just not a proper or even decent successor to RO, so it's shit. Might as well play any other WoW clone. Even the music for some reason is generic, boring "orchestral" trash rather than catchy tunes like RO had.
>>
Oh and I heard that, unlike asian players, EU and US dont have rootkit-anti-cheat software. That made me want to consider playing.
>>
>>337248240
Thanks for the heads up, will avoid the South American shit hole
>>
bump because I'm interested too.
>>
>>337248709

But WoW clone wont have isometric, hack and slash gameplay, anon ;_;
>>
>>337248709

The music in ToS was done by the same team that did the music for RO. And its really obvious when you listen to it. The gameplay is also nothing like WoW, but more like Diablo II.

Have you even played it? Doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>337247902
Unbiased poster here. If you want unbiased opinions, look no further.

My experience has taught me that the game is very fun with friends, so long as everyone at least moderately enjoys grinding.
Without friends, assuming no luck in finding reliable parties in game, the experience is much less enjoyable. The community is primarily unfriendly and silent, effectively removing any social aspect of the game.
>>
>>337251050

So, it is basically like RO?

Also, how is PvP? WoE all over again or what?
>>
>want to play Schwarzer Reiter
>/tosg/ tell me its bugged as fuck
>>
>>337251894
>So, it is basically like RO?
Fuck no, this game is casual babby handholding trash compared to RO
>>
>>337248532
Poorly. RO was an open sandbox game where you were free to go and do what you wanted. Tree of Savior is a linear quest-guided mess.
>>
>>337252037

But he just said it is like RO - good in party, yet grindy - if you dont have party, everybody KS and dont say a word.

So it is like RO.

Except if I actually missed something.

>casual babby handholding trash

In case of MMO games, sometimes "casual" means good. Because I dont have 12 hours per day to play.
>>
>>337250760
>The music in ToS was done by the same team that did the music for RO. And its really obvious when you listen to it.
Yeah, it was SoundTeMP. But he's still right. The two games have very different directions for the soundtrack. RO had a wide range of different styles and many relaxed or chilled tracks in it. ToS has some good tracks in it but it's absolutely dominated by samey orchestral stuff, there's nowhere near as much variety as there was in RO's OST.
>>
lol patgetic nostalgiafags. Ragnarok Online: more like Shitgarok Oncuck
>>
>>337247902
People hyped it to be RO's successor, but it hardly even compares to it.
That's it I think.
>>
>>337252208
Only quest guided for efficient leveling

you can go do whatever the fuck you want really. Infact there are even classes specifically aimed at crafting
>>
>>337248240
Thanks, was thinking about joining my native server but I'll join US instead.
>>
>>337253230
>Only quest guided for efficient leveling
That's complete bullshit and you know it. RO had enemies of different strengths and passive / aggressive AI all over the game world which allowed you to freely explore and find areas that were well suited to your class and abilities at your current level. The world was a massive logically connected area with each overworld map generally connecting to 2 or 3 other maps. The maps were large and intelligently laid out.

Tree of Saviour has every enemy become aggressive after the first few tutorial maps, and almost every map only connects to the one following map which has slightly stronger enemies. It's a straight up linear grind with few opportunities to break out of the given path and absolutely no reason to do so, and every class goes through the same maps at the same level. The maps themselves are also mostly made up of tiny corridor after tiny corridor, designed such that each quest will send you down one branch which you then return from to go to the next quest at the next branch. It's completely mindless in design and in play.
>>
>>337253804
>the maps are linearly connected
stop posting anytime, you clearly didnt play the game
>>
>>337253739
TRUMP
>>
>>337252327
>samey orchestral stuff
>I have literally never played this game

So im just dreaming up the electronic tracs and such right?
>>
File: 5656747457.png (100 KB, 667x871) Image search: [Google]
5656747457.png
100 KB, 667x871
This has nothing to do with 'muh RO'

>Terrible anti botting measures that dont work at all and hinder the experience of legit players more than almost any other game
>Yet there are still more bots in this game than almost any I have seen before
>Horrid optimization, single digit FPS during large scale boss and GvG encounters on high end PCs, low FPS in town
>Class balancing is abysmal, but at least the options are nice?
>No direction for endgame, guild content, or class expansions
>Animation delays on players and enemies, unnecessarily long cooldowns on basic skills
>Bosses have terrible AI and the only challenging ones have Touhou moves coupled with latency issues
>despite a game that relies on mobbing, the enemies are mostly very anti mobbing with short leashes, slow movement, slow threat acknowledgement, and ranged attacks that cant miss
>>
>>337252327

Half the tracks in ToS are the typical SoundTEMP electronica and synth. And has many tracks similar to the style of old RO. It just sounds like you're getting angry at the few songs that don't follow this trend.

And as far as I can tell, none of the songs are done by an orchestra. There's a difference between 4-5 real instruments being used in a song and an 80 piece orchestra. The music in ToS is not like a Dragon Quest game.
>>
File: 1462564774388.jpg (71 KB, 460x550) Image search: [Google]
1462564774388.jpg
71 KB, 460x550
>make poison archer
>poison doesn't stack between archer
>just replaces the existing one with the new
>>
How's the summoner class?
>>
Can south america players play on north american servers?
>>
File: 1434791372609.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1434791372609.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>337256112
No fuck off

you have your own server, stay in it
>>
When does the group content come in? I think I got to level 19 and boy was it lonely.
>>
>>337256530
Im not BR you idiot, what im wondering is that if i will see BRs on NA servers.
>>
>>337256112
nope
it's server locked.

get fucked BR shitter
>>
>>337255854
Only one card is worth a fucking damn (Temple Shooter) and the rest are absolute shit. You can't trade cards or sell them on the AH and the way world bosses work you probably won't get a cube to even get a card.

Oh yeah and the AI for the summons is notoriously awful garbage and you need to be within melee range AS A FUCKING MAGE for them to even do anything.
>>
>>337256901
Damn, i guess i'll be running something else, thanks.
>>
>>337248376
Whats wrong with your dick?
>>
>>337257021
NP. I foolishly decided to roll Wiz 1 / Pyro 3 / Sorc 1 to be an Alchemist and just hit Alch today. The mainstay skill of Summoners (the card/boss summon) is a mess.

The only other character I have right now is a 120 Archer 3 / Scout 1 and going Scout 3 / Musketeer just to find free items ect.,

If you've got any other questions about the game ask away - I'm on Klaipeda and can provide most answers/an actual review of things if you want.
>>
>>337257375
What class would you consider the best class to play as?
>>
ok, I got that this does not compare well with RO, so, is it fun by itself?

If I enjoyed Ro and FFXI back in the day will I find this fun?
>>
>>337258107
No. There is no depth of gameplay here. What you are doing at level 10, level 20 will be the same thing you are doing at level 220 with the added exception of a few skills which don't really change a whole lot.

The storyline is pretty decent (rough spots in translation) and some of the maps are atmospheric but that's about it. The market has ridiculous restrictions on it and trading is even more tied down.
>>
>>337257887
That depends on what you want to do.

If you want to be a heal slut - go cleric 2 / priest 3 / krivis 1 / plague doctor

If you want to be a no dmg tank - swordy 1, pelt 2 or 3 , squire 3

If you want to be a try hard DPS - archer 1, ranger 3, fletcher 3 or wizzy 3, elementalist 3, warlock 3. Those two are the "meta" for top dmg now.

If you still find yourself actually wanting to use your brain you should mess around with this

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/
>>
To anyone wanting to play here are some links

http://toscamp.com/map_en/map3.8.php

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

http://www.tosbase.com/database/npcs/154046/
>>
>>337258367

>There is no depth of gameplay here

For hell sake, I just want some fun game to play, yet everything I touch turn out to be bad ;_;
>>
>>337258883
There is still maplestory 2 if you still have some hope left.
>>
>>337259020

After EVERY SINGLE GAME that I had hype for turned out to be bad?
>>
Does this play like Diablo or something else?
>>
>>337259794

It is hack and slash MMO. Of course it plays like Diablo.
>>
Why don't people like OP just take a break for a week until it blows over.
Whenever the yearly souls game comes out I don't shitpost, I take a well earned break.
>>
>>337261212

Because since two weeks Im looking for game to play. Saw this, hoped I could grab something interesting and you guys told me it is shit instead.
>>
>>337247902
The biggest issue with it is that they're clearly trying to milk money out of the game by forcing you to pay a 20$ monthly subscription to do basic things like trading. Since the beta they haven't fixed any of the numerous problems with the game because they've been too busy trying to figure out how they can make money, since the game is apparently a huge flop in Korea.
>>
>>337261987
you can trade now, its just that if you dont have a token the item becomes bound after the trade,
>>
I really don't like this game.
I guess i didnt like ragnarok online either.
The visuals are nice tho.
>>
>can't decide on a class to go for
>days after still can't
welp
>>
>>337261726
>free to play game
>wonder if it's good
>asks /v/ of all places on the internet
>/v/ tells game is shit

1.- What answer did you seriously expect form /v/? and
2.- It's free to play, unless you are an aus shitlord with connection cap why don't you download it and try it for yourself?
>>
File: 1452279311576.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452279311576.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>337247902
I only played the very first beta and I didn't have any fun. It felt grindier than RO ever did and the deluded fanbase on the official forums denied there was any issue when people started comparing our horrible experience with the much more sensible approach the koreans had in their server.

The level curve was completely fucked, area quests would end a good 5 or 6 levels off from the minimum level required to get full experience from the mobs in the next area so you were forced to sit your ass down and grind the same exact mobs for hours. I thought I'd be fine with it, but I had 1 ability that I could use at that point in the game and no mana to spam it, forcing me to VERY slowly chip away at a single enemy's health to get my experience. I soldiered on expecting it to get better once I got to higher levels and had more abilities to play with, but the climb only got steeper and steeper and the amount of people I could play with only got smaller.

I don't know if they fixed any of that or not, but I can't really say I'm excited to go back and find out.
>>
>>337255205
>>337254884
>B-But the electronica

You're just going to ignore all the acoustic music that RO had, then?
>>
>>337258546
What role does Archer 3 / Ranger 1 / Schwarzer Reiter 1 / Musketeer 1 fulfill?

I'm undecided as to whether or not to go Scout again like in CBT2 or go Wugushi to complement the above.
>>
>>337265209
Can't use most skills while mounted as a Schwarzer Reiter. You can't use a musket on the SR and you can't use any Musketeer skills while mounted either.
>>
>>337262762

B-b-but /v/ likes some games and dont call everything shit ;_;
>>
>>337247902
>Read a guide in how to build or get shit on: The Game
No thanks
>>
Guys, this is important. I sae a necromancer as an available class. Does this mean I can send dozens of mindless minions into (un)death? Is this finally a game where necromancy is fun?
>>
>>337267057
there are TWO necrozombie classes in this game and BOTH are absolutely useless trash
>>
>>337267057
No. The AI for minions in this game is fucking dumb. Necromancers can summon a "Shogoth" but it requires a specific type of card to do so.

You do get Raise Skeleton later on for a max of... five skeletons. Who themselves have shit AI.
>>
File: 1439613205155.jpg (91 KB, 603x441) Image search: [Google]
1439613205155.jpg
91 KB, 603x441
I find the concept of Squire pretty interesting. Could I roll with one and not be a complete waste of space in parties after setting down my camp? I was thinking of finishing it up with Shinobi but apparently it's not very good.
>>
>>337267380
>>337267452
Why can't we ever have nice things :(
>>
>>337268365
You can only place the Camp in certain spots and you can't put it into dungeons..

Plus people in your party can only partake of stuff on it - even if it lasts there for 6 hours.

Squires are not a DPS class so even if you followed it up with Shinobi you'd still be absolute garbage.
>>
>>337255065
>Terrible anti botting measures that dont work at all and hinder the experience of legit players more than almost any other game
>Yet there are still more bots in this game than almost any I have seen before

This is what killed it for me. So much potential lost by paywalls and restrictions because greedy gooks using muh bots as an excuse.
>>
>>337269889
This game is one of grand ideas with poor execution and a bare bones staff to keep it alive. The servers run like absolute garbage and some classes are/were literally conceived with korean ping mind/require little to no latency to do their job. Monk is a victim of this.

Will IMC step their game up? It doesn't look like it - this reminds me of FFXIV 1.0 where they ignored all player feedback since the beta and have no fixed a god damned thing.
>>
>>337268365

I was hoping the utility they bring would balance what you need to forsake in terms of combat efectiveness. That's a shame. Not being able to set up a camp in a dungeon seems like a dealbreaker. No clue what to roll with then.
>>
>>337270702
meant for >>337269721
>>
The prices in the cash shop are just full fucking whaling.
This shit just creeps higher and higher with every game.
>>
Class system is really good and lets you diversify a lot, most of my enjoyment out of this is randomly queuing up with people in dungeons and seeing how much better or shittier other's people builds are.

And class unique is extremely good. There's never anyone generic dps class that feels similar to another, each class and build has its own unique traits and perks and wombo combos, and this game is all about wombo comboing.
>>
>>337258367

This is completely false, skills in later ranks change your play style significantly.
>>
This is the best thing about the game:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\bgm
>>
>>337272019

>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
>Installing Steam over C drive
>Installing Steam in "Program Files" folder out of all possible ones

For hell sake.

I bet you still use default wallpaper and settings too.
>>
It runs like shit.
>>
>>337272290
>he sees his wallpaper

Maybe try using your PC instead of jerking off over Rainmeter and posting screenshots on /g/
>>
>>337272410

Maybe learn a bit about your own OS.

Program Files is one of the worst place to install Steam, due to restrictions/protection placed by Windows itself.
>>
File: 1462999309688.jpg (23 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1462999309688.jpg
23 KB, 280x280
Shitter here. I'm currently a wizard. Which stats/skills should I invest in? I'm currently going for INT/CON on a 3:1 ratio. I don't want to be a supporter, just a dps edgelord.
>>
>>337272920
You don't need more than 30 - 40 CON. If you just want to be a DPS stop there and dump everything else into INT.
>>
Just played for about 1h, and I tried to ask for a refund even if it's free to play.

What a fuckign garbage.

The control scheme is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.
There's input lag, even when talking with the NPC's.
The combat is boring and unoriginal.
The story is far beyond cliche, I'd swear it's the same one as Tera.
Frame rate drops and I'm using an i7 4790k with a gtx970.

The only things going on for this game are aesthetics and music.
>>
>>337273360
What happened to the "INT doesn't make spells stronger" meme?
>>
What did they delay the release for all these months if they didn't fix any of the games problems?
There are still hardly any monsters on any of the maps, running bugs out if you have the map open or server hiccups so you're moving normal speed while spending tons of stamina, and all AI units just stop attacking. Even though the Orsha maps use really high level monsters scaled down, the bosses are a cakewalk because they don't fight back.
>>
>>337273745
It's just that - a fucking meme. I mean really, do you think someone would do that? Just lie on the internet like that?
>>
You know, I feel kinda sad that this game turned out as bad as you say.

Is there anything similar but of better quality?
>>
I remember this being hyped as the "RO successor"

Whoever turned this into a linear storyfest button masher either completely failed to understand what made RO fun, or they just wanted the mindless mobile kiddie market. Anyway, fuck you.
>>
>>337259020
maplestory 2 is not even coming to the west, it flopped hard
>>
The game is shit in general

it's unfinished and has no signs of meeting the original expectations for the foreseeable future

it's unoptimized, the netcode is trash and the devs don't give a fuck about anything other than milking the userbase for as much cash before fucking off into irrelevance
>>
>>337271662
How? For most classes it's just spamming a skill rotation. If you're swordsman, you pull in aggro with your Peltasta skills. If you didn't grab Peltasta, get fucked. If you're a crafting class, you're not level 220, because no one wants you and you can't kill anything or survive more than 5 seconds, and you don't even make money either.

The game is design flaw after design flaw. It is still fun--I have 150 hours in it. But don't try to make it into something it isn't.
>>
>>337278864
This is the sad truth. And after over a year + of beta testing and a month and a half of feed back from early access.. nothing has substantially changed. This game has bombed in Korea so you can pretty much expect it to be shit for quite a while.
>>
>>337279597

>This game has bombed in Korea

Every time MMO that was supposed to be groundbreaking, spiritual successor to anything and hope for "ye olde players" comes, it bombs in Korea.

Every.

Single.

One.

What is wrong with Korea anyway? What does NOT bomb here? Except for Shitcraft 2.
>>
>>337280108
elsword.
>>
>>337280936

That 2D piece of crap?
>>
>>337280108
>What is wrong with Korea anyway? What does NOT bomb here? Except for Shitcraft 2.

CloserS is doing alright, I guess. Generally though Korea's really shifty about MMOs, partly because they get so many new ones so damn fast.
>>
>>337281106
Koreans love their 2d piece of crap.
>>
It's pretty good. Which server are where geographicaly?
>>
>>337281876
Server's are in Virginia US east coast I believe.
>>
Is it any better then how it was during the early access?

I bought it and only played it for a couple of hours back then when the severs were constantly shitting themselves
>>
>>337247902
early access bullshit.
>>
>>337247902
I paid the 50 for this and havent played it in almost a month.

It has poor optimization, shit servers, and dull gameplay with little interactivity or customization.

The class system is an absolute clusterfuck, with half the skills being anywhere between low-impact and useless.
Stat system is just an easy choice between DAMAGE and HEALTH.

Questing is not fluid - I needed outside info to tell me to go to the other side of the world to start a different quest chain to continue progressing. That other side of the world was very bare.

Enemies and enemy types aren't compelling - You have a designed paper-zerg trash mob, a big boy, and a few mid-level mobs on any given map. None of them have interactive or noteworthy abilities aside from the boss monsters, which pop up every 5~ quests.
>>
>game runs worse on multi-core CPUs than single core
>barely utilizes graphics card
>calculations scale exponentially or something because good luck getting double digit FPS in crowded areas

Shit game a shit.
>>
>>337284268
>was planning on playing this
>been reading about fps being abysmal if there's only a handful of characters on screen
>on good computers
>which mine isn't

Welp, now I'm wondering if it was worth to download it.

Anyway, was planning on rolling either a wizard or a priest. From a video it seemed like druids can turn into the enemies, how is that class?
>>
>>337284984
You should dig into druid before you hunker down to play it.

As for their transformation traits.. the auto-attacks are based off of your str and if you want to transform into a monster that casts spells it's based off of your int ect.,

Since they get a trait that lets you turn back into the monster you were just in at circle 2 most people just pick 1 level of transform anyways. It really depends on what kind of druid you want to be.
>>
>>337247902
The servers are piles of shit and it is unoptimised as all fuck, game is fun though.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.