[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It looks like the Final Fantasy 7 remake is ditching the turn-based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x338
Will it actually be worth playing now?
>>
No, it won't.
>>
It was always mediocre
>>
>>337233739
Spoken like a true underage.
>>
>>337233918

Nigger I'm 27 get real

It was literally FF6 with a shitty edgier story, it gets a big pass because nostalgia

It looked like shitand brought nothing new to the table, get over it
>>
>>337234193
>materia system
>actual characters involved in the story further than when they join your party
>3D gayfax
>first blackspoitation character and use of the word retard
>"nothing new"
>>
File: 1336611958771.jpg (630 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1336611958771.jpg
630 KB, 900x1200
It was always worth playing. Contrarians on full force I see. Please answer this post with an essay about how "in your opinion" everything about it was shallow and bad so we can move on with how this shithole works already.

Oh right, make sure to include the words pleb, casual, underage and other synonyms, also don't forget: whoever says the game was good has obviously never played another jrpg in his life! Here, I'll even provide a pic from another jrpg I obviously never played so you can use it in your "never played another jrpg" argument yourself!
>>
>>337233673
Yes, no one likes turn based
>>
>>337234417

>materia

Oh you mean Espers

>characters involved in the story

They got their initial spots and none of them written well, look at Cloud for fuck's sake

The rest isn't even worth replying to
>>
File: hue.jpg (65 KB, 797x729) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
65 KB, 797x729
>>337234590
>>
>>337234590
Fuck you
>>
>>337234417
>>materia system
Dumb Down from the job system every character could do the same shit no diversity in gameplay what so ever
>>actual characters involved in the story further than when they join your party
I'm sorry what Yuffie,Cid,Vincent doing there in the first play
>3D gayfax
Which was shit at the time in the first place,the pre rendered back ground were cool tho
>>first blackspoitation character and use of the word retard
Still dumb and useless as the three characters mention above his story arc ended in golden saucer the prison
>>
>>337234193
Indeed, and I'm 34. If you actually played these games on release you'd know how much ff7 revolutionised gaming but alas, you were always playing catch up and your expectations of the game were inflated due to hearing about how great it was. No one really gave a shit about 6 until after 7 therefore you weren't expecting it to be as engaging as it was. Glad you have a favourite though, even if it is the hipsters choice.
>>
>>337234650
You're really bad at the trolling thing
>>
>>337234750

6 wasn't my favorite, it was just insanely similar, I played these games as they came ou,. You've made no point just wild assumptions, well done.

>>337234750

Excellent counter-argument
>>
>>337235038
If you are 27 now you would have been 5 when 6 came out m8, why are you lying to try and impress people on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>337235346

>implying I wasn't

I was 6,I drove my mom nuts asking her shit like what "loaded for bear" and other dialogue meant, played lots of 2 player with my brother

>lying trying to impress

Is it not normal to be able to read at 6, anon?
>>
File: 1356116673097.gif (18 KB, 730x422) Image search: [Google]
1356116673097.gif
18 KB, 730x422
>>337234750
It didn't really revolutionize shit other than being in 3d and having huge marketing campaign,past FF games had a better story,and better gameplay that wasn't broken as shit with more customization options.The Materia system is literally a dumb down version of the job system.In FF 3 you start off with a job and you lv that job until you are free to pick what every job you want.Hell you can even branch off to a even more powerful class than the previous job.In FF 3 and 5 you had many options for characters to play differently and the way they're roll behave,and not given characters already pre selected for they're roll.In FF 7 I can't make cloud a thief,or cid a gunner,why can't Barret be a decent mage.Even if you try to make the characters into roll they are not suited for the game punishes you for it unless you find that super secret rare Materia.
>>
>>337235826

Holy shit that image

I got the comparisons before but that is ridiculous
>>
File: EnglishAngoraRabbit.jpg (89 KB, 800x606) Image search: [Google]
EnglishAngoraRabbit.jpg
89 KB, 800x606
>>337235618
No, just most 6 year olds don't have the attention span, emotional maturity or puzzle solving capabilities to enjoy final fantasy but you are obviously the exception.
>>
>>337234590
this, only fedoras like turn based FF
>>
File: XV highway battle.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
XV highway battle.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>337233673
Yeah
Thankfully SE finally decided to move in the right direction with the gameplay of FFs
Leave turn-based to Atlus since they at least make it right.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.