[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
Is it true?
>>
>Bastion op meme
>>
>>337227572

Bastion and Torbjörn are pubstompers, once you get above lvl 20 you will find more other characters are hell to deal with.

A good Genji or Mei will fuck things up hard. That said POTG system only goes after certain amount of points per short time so unless they change the basic it will still go for most kills/points per shortest time.
>>
Bastion is a n00b eater, pretty much everyone who's played for more than a few days figures out the ways to counter him. He's basically the "You Do Understand That You Can/Should Switch Heroes Mid-Game, Right?' test.

It is frustrating when you're in a situation where you can't afford to switch off of whatever hero you're on (because you're the only tank/support or something) and nobody else is properly shutting him down, though.
>>
File: kaksoispistekolme.jpg (13 KB, 475x476) Image search: [Google]
kaksoispistekolme.jpg
13 KB, 475x476
>>33722757

The problem isn't mobile turretfag or the stationary turretfag, the problem lies deeper in the crevasses of "how to make this game fun as possible for 12-year-old mouthbreathers".

regards, canadian devil
>>
>>337227572
If Dota 2 has taught me anything it's that 99.99% of players who talk about balance have no clue what they are on about.

Miracle just hit 9011 MMR playing Antimage without a battlefury. Try that at lower ratings and you will get reported.
>>
>>337227572
>Using pub games as an indicator for what needs balance adjustments

No, it's not true.
Bastion is not a problem on a coordinated team
>>
>>337228006

So, oldschool builds. Basher and shitloads of AS? I gunna get reported soon.
>>
I have to add the only change Bastion should get is slower turret movement or damage drop off at longer distances. Otherwise he's decent to counter.

Unlike Genji.
>>
>>337228016
If it's not a problem, then why is it bad to nerf it for 90% of the playerbase
>>
>>337227572
no.
except for the healing part.
But the real plays of the game would have to have someone with an actual critical mind to decide to get accurate, not an algorithm.
>>
>>337227572
>>337227572
the only problem i have with bastion is when you get a reinhardt shielding him in a corner and a mercy buffing/healing them both as needed. It becomes a complete headache to deal with.
>>
>>337228135
He went Vanguard, Vlads, Manta then Shadow Blade as Antimage.
>>
>>337228242
This. He only needs a small amount of damage fall off at longer distances.
>>
Its true that play of the game is retarded right now. It's a good idea but the way it's implemented is atrocious, if they couldn't do it right they shouldn't have put it in at all.
It doesn't have any way to judge whether or not any individual play has actual weight to outcome of the match. When the play of the game is some reaper getting a triple kill with his ult and you see all 3 people getting revived before the clip ends something must be wrong
>>
>>337228242
I haven't had issues against genji on any character
>>
>>337227902

>Mained tank/support
>Nobody ever switches and just plays DPS over and over

It hurt so much. I never even got to learn how to play non support classes.
>>
>>337227902
>He's basically the "You Do Understand That You Can/Should Switch Heroes Mid-Game, Right?' test.

My casual ass friends one time harped on me because i suggested to switch characters and pick a balanced lineup.
"HURR WE PLAY WHAT WE WANT TRYHARDING IS NOT FUN WE WANNA DICK AROUND AS 5 SQUISHIES AND RUN STRAIGHT INTO HIS GUN FUCK YOU"

Meanwhile they complained about bastion being retarded.
This is the games playerbase and knowing blizzard they absolutely will balance for those people.
>>
File: 1461955136227.jpg (64 KB, 636x431) Image search: [Google]
1461955136227.jpg
64 KB, 636x431
There were quite a few games where I got PotG as D.va over some Bastions.

It's like people can't even into this mecha combat game.
>>
>>337231336
The beginning of every match for me was
>Lets see what my teammates pick before I choose
>4/6 choose Attack characters or snipers
>Me and the other last guy are waiting on each other to see who will pick support first
I only ever played offense characters when I joined mid match and there was already somebody on support
>>
>>337231614

Yeah basically. I ended up playing a lot of Symmetra and Mercy because you can carry defense point games as Symm, and you can carry defense payload as Mercy.
>>
>>337227572
That first post seems like satire

Ults shouldn't give potg though
>>
Just make his mobile form damage d.va's mech tier bad, and he'd be balanced. Having almost as much fucking damage as his sentry mode while mobile is just fuckin retarded.

Also, just give him more spread on all his shit in general, and less armor on ult. He's a pubstomper that's never picked in comp, just get him out of the fucking picture already.
>>
The only thing I want needed is the ability to look up as bastion turret mode. it fucks me up as Pharah and is bullshit since I am in the goddamn air hitting him, and 9/10 if a bastion is in full health he will cut me down before all my direct hit rockets kill him. Just make him not ABLE to look all the way up and he's fine.
>>
>>337231614

That's why if you want to play a non-tank/support you insta-lock and pressure the randos who wait to see what everyone else picks into going tank/support.
>>
>>337231913
Pharah is trash if she's not on attack at Temple of Anubis, or has a pocket Mercy. Her ult is an even bigger "fuck my shit up" sign than Zen's. They need to give the fucking rockets slightly more AoE, it's ridiculous that they fucking nerfed the damage when you basically have to hit them dead center now.
>>
>>337231883

They should, but the bar should be higher for them- if you get a 6-kill ult on top of the payload when you're 5 meters (or seconds) away from losing the game, sure, that's a PotG, even if it's an "easy" ult like Reaper's. A 3-kill ult should "lose" PotG to a non-ult triple kill in otherwise even circumstances, though. Similarly, someone like Symmetra or Mercy getting a triple kill should be "worth" more than Bastion in turret mode doing it.

For all we know it already works that way, though.
>>
>>337232178
I do pretty well as Pharah with her rockets, play more quake and UT anon.

One thing I do agree is how little damage her ult does. increase it just a tad bit but more importantly increase the AOE.
>>
>>337232357
The problem with her ult is the ridiculous spread more so than anything.
>>
>>337227572
seriously, who the hell gives a fuck about the POTG or those shits, if they gave you any kind of bonus it would make sense to care, but it's totally useless, and let's not talk about how shitty the code that selects the POTG is.
>>
>>337227902
So what exactly counters def Bastion sitting in a good spot where he cant get sniped, and he also moves around after getting a few kills? Other than Reinhard + someone else rushing him down.

>inb4 some retard says genji counters bastion that has half of a functioning brain
>>
>>337227572
i've seen a potg where it's just mercy reviving, so it is possible for healers to potg
>>
>>337228016
99% of the playerbase wont ever play as part of a cordinated team since this is the casual kiddy game made to be played one 15 min match at a time.
>>
>>337231902
>Having almost as much fucking damage as his sentry mode while mobile is just fuckin retarded.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Bastion

Damage per shot is slightly higher but rate of fire is way lower. At constant range (assuming damage falloff works the same way in both forms) recon is 40% the dps of turret.
>>
File: guccibby.jpg (31 KB, 370x368) Image search: [Google]
guccibby.jpg
31 KB, 370x368
>>337231456
>we wan't to be bad and still be good at the game

yup sounds like blizzard players in a nutshell all right
>>
Is the whole "Play of the Game" thing the only attraction to this game most people have?
Like, the only driving force they have to try and do well is for their 10 seconds of fame so they can get meaningless praise to fill their pathetically empty voids?
>>
>>337233086
>fill their pathetically empty voids
thats the purpose of all video games
>>
>>337233016
They are massively hypocritical, you cant even begin to imagine how furious their dumb shit makes me sometimes.

These are by the way the same people that once claimed HOTS is on the same complexity level as Dota2 and they threw a shitfit when i argued otherwise.
>>
>>337233086
you just described the meaning of life.
>>
>>337227572
The fact that bastion can remove Reinhardts turret withing seconds is a bit ridiculous
Torbjorn is even easier to kill like come on, how could someone be so bad?
>>
>>337227572
they are just shit. Dwarf goes down especially easy now.
They need to implement some potg for healers though. Retards love dem e-penises.
>>
but torbjorn potg where they just wack there turret a couple of times or walk around doing nothing are funny af
>>
>>337227572

on closed beta people knew how to counter

on open beta I can pick bastion in the last 3 minutes, kill the entire enemy team by myself, win the game, and get PoTG because people are retarded
>>
>allow potg to healers

but i see that all the time...?
>>
>>337227572
Bastion and Torbjorn immediately get fucked when you play in a team that actually communicates.
>>
>>337227572
Are all of the Overwatch threads always going to be cancer here? Fuck my fucking face off Anon you faggot
>>
>>337227572
This is the engineer all over again.
Hopefully Blizzard won't listen to these casual cunts, unlike Valve that fucked the engineer forever because they listen to retarded Scout and Soldier """competitive""" players.
>>
Bastion is just a bit tricky to counter alone unless you play his hard counters. But a team working together can trump him with ease.
>>
I love how the people states how easy to kill is bastion and that if you die vs him you are a noob. That will be true if all the Bastion were noobs, but that's not the case.

Come on, most of the maps are fucking shit and there is only on path at some moments, bastion is a fucking hell, and bastion+ supp/torb is fucking impossible.
>>
Its funny running into idiots who think overwatch isn't a major success and out shone battleborn without even being released. This game will leave its mark in gaming history and theres nothing those faggots can do about it.
>>
am I the only one who thinks the game would be better off without all the esport tryhards and there cancerous community
>>
File: Overwatch_81f8d0_5915120.jpg (117 KB, 766x792) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch_81f8d0_5915120.jpg
117 KB, 766x792
>>337227572
>Wat is genji?
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>Junkrat
>have some great plays all throughout the game
>accidentally Q 4 people to death
>potg
>>
File: 1431914498078.png (170 KB, 753x423) Image search: [Google]
1431914498078.png
170 KB, 753x423
>playing Reinhardt
>charge in and pin a Mcree
>keep on swinging and kill a bastion, tracer and genji
>healer revives them
>kill healer and Mcree before bastion fucks my shit up
>play of the game was the revive
>everyone got to see the glory of Tengen Toppa Reinhardt
I think it's pretty good
>>
Symmetra done right is infinitely more helpful than either of those two, especially in defense of control points.

Also, I think potg already goes to Mercy if she gets a 4+ mass revive.
>>
>>337237841
How do I use her turrets well?
They just pop so easily even if I hid them in corners and on roofs, plus they take ages to recover to get all 6 down.
>>
>>337235480
Blizzard just knows how to market and make games that hook people in. Overwatch brings nothing innovative to the FPS genre (let's be honest, this is TF2.5 with light MOBA elements) but it will still be the number 1 FPS for the next few months at least because Blizz know how to reel players in and keep them playing for a long time.
>>
File: BOk-cN2A.png (410 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
BOk-cN2A.png
410 KB, 512x512
>it's a "/v/ are le contrarians" thread
>>
>>337227572
You can instantly disregard anyone that says Bastion is somehow too strong.

Its so easy to counter him with so many characters. He sits still for fuck sake.
>>
File: overwatch-genji-model-260px.png (80 KB, 260x323) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-genji-model-260px.png
80 KB, 260x323
>>337227572
Thats strange. I don't have any issues with bastion or turrets.
>>
Why are literal who's like the faggots in OPs picture always seem to comment the most in vidya and are always complaining?

Make your own fucking games sandniggers.
>>
>>337238106
Don't clutter them them together or else Roadhog or Pharah can easily rid them with their splash/scatter.

If you place them near the main entrance (like that opening in the Russian map before the first cp), put them in diff spots but close enough so their range is still the same. For example, a couple above the entrance, one next to a car, another on the left wall, etc. That way they have to turn three or four times to find all the turrets. In the meantime if your team isn't full of shitters they should be able to quickly dispatch the enemy. And at full strength, all 6 of your turrets can insta kill squishy heroes like Tracer or Zen.
>>
>>337238408
>Why are literal who's like the faggots in OPs picture always seem to comment the most in vidya and are always complaining?
>Make your own fucking games sandniggers.
What the fuck are you on about, retard.
>>
>>337232178
>"fuck my shit up" sign than Zen's

I'm upset people let you get this far in the thread without picking this out.

Pharah is vulnerable during her ult, Zen is not. You cannot "fuck his shit up" when he is using his ult, and is - literally - the only character in the game that has that talent.

This is meant to make up for his low HP pool. What good would his ult be if any Widowmaker with a montage channel just bodied him as soon as possible?

While it does make him a target, people also forget about him quickly. A Zen will ult when his team is threatened and the team will fight for their lives, for obvious reasons. Any player, good, pub, or awful, will focus enemies that can actually take damage over those who cannot. The Zen then goes and stands behind his team once more, removing him from the focus of the enemy team.

The only person I've ever seen focus a Zen is a Widowmaker or Hanzo, since he's such an easy pick. Without either of those on your team, don't even bother trying to kill a Zen that isn't a braindead retard, since he'll just hit you for a 135 headshot per tick.
>>
>>337228242
Genji can't do shit against a Mei, Tracer, Winston, Zarya. McCree is also good thanks to the ezkill stun bomb
>>
>>337237841
I got a POTG just from reviving one guy and then buffing his attack to kill someone. But then again it was a very short uneventful match anyway.
>>
>Play of the game is always someone getting ez kills with an ult
They really shouldn't prioritize ults for POTG, it's never impressive to look at.
>>
>>337238106
put the turrets in choke points on your side of the point. The idea is you want them in places where when the opposing team is coming through they have bigger things to worry about than your turrets, and if they do stop to kill the turrets they are going to be having a bad time for it.

The first point on Anubis is a good example. Watching reinharts come through the first choke only to get turrets shooting him int he back and slowing him to a crawl while still being bombarded by the normal spam that happens at choke points, is incredibly satisfying.
>>
>>337232727
Genji counters Bastion because Bastion players never have half of a functioning brain.

:^)
>>
>>337238319
I hope this meme ends soon.
>>
>>337232727
>Other than Reinhard + someone else rushing him down.
Bastion can destroy the shield and still have enough ammo left to kill Reinhardt before needing to reload.
>>
>>337235681
>be genji
>use reflect
>bastion simply stops firing and repairs for 2 seconds
>then kills me instantly
>>
>>337241387
>use deflect
>notice the bastion stopped firing
>swift stricke the fuck out of there
You can also just swift strike right behind him, which deals damage and then pop off a few shurikens on his back which will probably kill him if you already got in a few shurikens while baiting him to shoot at you earlier.

Bastion really does struggle against a Genji
>>
>>337232727

d.va suicide, d.va reflect, mei walls, tracer blink fuckery, winston jump, etc.
>>
>>337241626
>also you swift strike right behind him

I wasn't aware that swift strike has a longer range than his line of fire.

I also wasn't aware that a swift strike (50 damage) and shurriken (let's be VERY generous and assume you get off 2 volleys before he sees you and kills you in less than a second (176 damage)) is enough to kill off a 300 hp bastion.
>>
>>337231913
>"Hurr durr, someone counters me as Pharrah, I should be invincible whilst I'm in the air, wtf?"
Holy fuck you Pharrah players should kill yourselves.
>>
>>337241836
Dva has no reflect you retard.
>>
Bastion isn't the problem. The problem are maps that have only one choke point and then adding a team whose sole purpose is defending and keeping that Bastion alive.

Six people all talking to each other could work around this but in most cases your going to have at least a couple of random people on your team and in most cases they want to be the epic line sniper that does nothing and throws a hissy fit if you ask them to switch.

Fuck all Attack/Defend maps like Temple of Bullshit and fuck Blizzard for putting a tool tip on the screen that says too few snipers.
>>
>>337242297
>and fuck Blizzard for putting a tool tip on the screen that says too few snipers.

It would be unfair for the enemy team if you had no snipers though.
>>
>>337242014
swift strike cancels the deflect so you obviously use it when he stops shooting during deflect like I said. So let's assume this:
>See Bastion, land 6 shurikens=168 damage
>He starts firing at you, you immediately deflect and let's assume that the shots you manage to deflect back before he stops firing=50 damage
>since he stopped firing you cancel the deflect with swift strike=50 damage
>you're behind him, pop off fan of blades (you can usually pull off doing this twice when behind him, and he's huge so it's easy to land)=84 damage (or 168 if done twice)
>total 350 (or 434) damage
Believe me, Genji will have the upper hand against a Bastion
>>
>>337242730
>>See Bastion, land 6 shurikens=168 damage

I only read your first sentence and your scenario is already completely unrealistic.

Try again and this time assume that bastion is not afk.

>>since he stopped firing you cancel the deflect with swift strike=50 damage

You are not in range to get those 50 damage.

Your scenario is completely unrealistic and retarded. Bastion sees you from a mile away and can fire at you from a mile away. There is no way you will get behind him alive. The only way to kill a bastion is to kill him with reflect and a good bastion will simply stop firing.

Your shurrikens are useless shit and if you can fire them then bastion can hit you and by the time you do 84 damage he has done about 400.

And this is completely ignoring that his other teammates will intercept you when you try to run behind him since he is always behind his team.
>>
>>337243135
>Try again and this time assume that bastion is not afk
Most Bastion's expect Genji's deflect by now, so they won't fire immediately at him, usually allowing one and very often two volleys of shurikens.

Also to answer most of your other points: Yes you will be in range since sentry mode Bastion is stupidly accurate, which means the deflects will be just as accurate. A Genji's specialty is also to sneak past enemy lines and surprise a Bastion, making it even easier to get in a few shurikens before having to deflect. Of course this will ideally be done while your team is keeping everyone else busy.

I have no idea in what way you consider any of this unrealistic and retarded, it's not hard to pull off as long as your timing is right. And if you can not get the opportunity to kill it yourself for some reason, then it's at the very least piss easy to just distract it allowing with a little bit team coordination some other team member to kill it (preferrably Hanzo or W.Maker)
>>
Reminder that Bastion's team can work to defend him just as much as your team can work together to bring him down :)
>>
>>337243765
>A Genji's specialty is also to sneak past enemy lines and surprise a Bastion

You can't fucking sneak past him.

I am not talking about a bastion somewhere in the middle of the map.

I am talking about a bastion camping the last control point or the point where the payload arrives. Like on that China tower map: You enter a big tunnel, you cant get around or even above him. You can only run directly AT him.

If I play bastion I just fire at genji and then stop right away, Genji's always use their deflect when they see me firing. Then I simply reload or heal and they either run away or stay. If they stay they die, immediately.
>>
>>337228242
Give Bastion 100 or 150 in a clip in turret form. He'll shrted less but still be useful.

He shouldn't be able to kill a tank or a Reinhardt shield in one clip.
>>
I never had any real problems with Bastion outside of Anubis, but that was only because he got a lot of defensive support (Reinhardt). He didn't get many kills, but it made trying to go through the choke hell because the map is also apeshit retarded.
>>
>>337244131
Right now he can kill a Reinhardt shield AND Reinhardt in under 5 seconds
You're basically fucked because Reinhardt gives unique possibilities for the team that no other counter to Bastion can provide. So by either switching or keeping him you lose something.
>>
>>337242297
>fuck Blizzard for putting a tool tip on the screen that says too few snipers.
How many characters are actually classified as "Snipers". I only know that Hanzo and Widowmaker count, and that the latter is better in virtually every way possible due to be braindead.
>>
>>337238945
You know exactly what, Sandnigger.
>>
>Bastion is OP
Fuck no

>PotG formula is basic and favors multikills over everything else
Yes
>>
>>337244663
Only those 2 count.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.