[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth playing on the Dolphin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: Xenoblade_box_artwork.png (189 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_box_artwork.png
189 KB, 250x350
Is this worth playing on the Dolphin?
>>
>>337221386
It's a singleplayer MMO.

If that appeals to you, then go for it.
>>
It's only worth playing on Dolphin, as it looks like shit on a Wii. Dolphin does the graphics justice.
>>
>>337221386
Yes. Don't ask more questions or stick around in the thread for the contrarians to ruin it. It's amazing. Go play it.
>>
It's worth playing.

Period.
>>
>>337221386
Yes. All of my yes. HD mod it also and you're on a journey you'll remember. One of the best soundtracks made.
>>
>>337222359
>one of the best soundtracks made
lmao
Xenogears blows this piece of shit out of the water.
>>
>>337221386
Its worth playing on anything you can play it on. Not everyones cup of tea, but I thought it was fantastic
>>
>>337222489
>can't read
>forgot to finish school and not being able to comprehend text
"ONE of the best" does not mean "THE best". Holy shit, anon.
>>
Great fucking game. Play it however you can. Will keep you occupied for a good 60+ hours at least. Friend of mine went over 400.

I like the sequel better though.
>>
>>337221386

my supercomputer can't run it without stutters. what's the deal?
>>
>>337222587
Don't feed the autists. He's just looking to be contrarian about something. Anything will do.
>>
>>337221386
Lots to explore and pretty lengthy to say the least. Story isn't exactly my cup of tea though. I'd say I'm past half-way at this point but I'm playing on 3ds.
>>
>>337222710
Shaders, from what I understand. The Wii hardware handles shaders differently from the other consoles and Dolphin has to compensate.

Just keep playing. Dolphin will catch up and you won't notice any stuttering after a while.
>>
>>337221386
story takes a dump later like xenosaga, but apparently theres a version of dolphin where the game no longer crashes, so thats neat.
>>
>>337222587
>>337222740
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>337222489
>disc 2
Haha, sure thing
>>
Yes
Actually the better version because of filters
>>
File: 1406163539940.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1406163539940.png
342 KB, 394x394
I'm up to the Mechonis City and I just cant be fucked. Last 15 hours or so have just been a straight grind through a series of rusty industrial zones, with very minor actual story. The last interesting place was on the fallen hand

Does the game up soon? I just got dumped like 15 of the same old "Go here, kill/loot/find X, come back" quests from those 5 boring robots in that tiny box. Not going to do them, but the amount of laziness sort of killed it for me
>>
>>337222879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4r8ufspg0

LOOK OVER THERE IT'S GOLDMINE
WE CAN BE AS FELLOWS
IT'S NOT A PLACE TO FOLLOW
DON'T TAKE THEIR SORROW
PRAYING FOR TOMORROW
>>
>>337223124
does the game pick back up soon*
>>
>>337223124
Mechonis is rough. I had to put a show on my second monitor to get me through it.

It does eventually get better. It's worth the slog through that low point.
>>
>>337222919
Disc 2 was good tho
>>
>>337222710
Shader Cache buildup. Once you've run through every shader it won't stutter anymore. If you're using the texture mods make sure you load them into ram, streaming from disk will make the game stutter like fuck even on a ssd.
>>
>>337223124
You don't HAVE to do side quests other than for 100% the game which in the end only gives you rep and some changes to cities.
Story mode and exploration is all you need to do if you just want to play the game.
>>
>>337221386
>no mech riding
it's the worst in its series
>>
>>337222489
>There's some shit in the floor besides another shit
>"This shit is brown" said one guy
>"PLZ DIZ SHITZ BROWNR" said his retard friend
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE OTHER SHIT IS BLUE OR SOMETHING, YOU AUTHISTIC CHILD
>>
>>337223124
Thats not what I wanted to hear. I stopped once I got to the beginning of those rusty industrial zones. I looked at all the floors and said screw it, I don't feel like going through that anytime soon. At least I made a couple nice gems to make it through faster.
>>
>>337223503
I think the guy already left either in pleasure for trolling or autism rage for someone telling him he's a retard on the internet. Probably the first one.
>>
its a meme game

mediocre as fuck but some shitters love it to death (since they dont know other jrpgs)
>>
>>337224225
>(since they dont know other jrpgs)
>source: my ass
It's good. I'm sorry you don't like it. Stop generalize everyone based on your fantasy of your opinion being fact.
>>
>>337224356
>literally the only worthwhile jrpg on the fucking wii

its bound to get biased opinions

people that actually owned ps3 knows that it
>>
>>337224507
I still own a ps3 and still found it interesting. But I only own tales games, final fantasy 13 series and Eternal Sonata. I'd love to play atelier if it wasn't jewed to hell in Sweden.
>>
>>337224507
welp i didnt finish the sentence

people that actually owned ps3 knows that it doesnt hold up to a lot of the other jrpgs

>>337224846
thats why you regard xenoblade as the second coming of christ, your jrpg experience is limited

which tales game have you played?
>>
>>337224846
>I'd love to play atelier if it wasn't jewed to hell in Sweden.
get it from Germoney amazon

for example Rorona+:
https://www.heidoc.net/amazon/amazon_global_check.php?q=&asin=B00JE792F4&button=GO&nodb=
>>
I like how most of the bosses are actually story related. No shit like "DRAGON SUDDENLY APPEARS" save for a couple robutts near the beginning that are never explained and a spider.

It also means you're forced to lose like a quadrillion fights.
>>
>>337225229
what
thats normal in every jrpgs
>>
>>337225085
>thats why you regard xenoblade as the second coming of christ, your jrpg experience is limited
When did I say it's the second coming of christ? I said it was good. Not the fucking mozart of the fucking millennium of gaming. Did all the schools burn down since after I finished it, or does people put less effort into learning to read?
>>
>>337225361
Final Fantasy X had some bosses that just appear because no reasons. Doesn't even bring anything to the plot.
>>
>>337225461
no i just assumed you are another "dur xenoblade is the prinnacle of jrpgs" like a lot of the people that played it
>>
>>337225539
you need to play more jrpgs

i honestly cant think of a boss in ANY jrpg that does that

i dont play FF
>>
>>337222710
Try the special version of dolphin that's focused on speed.

I tried to like the game, but all the side quests were really tedious.
>>
>>337225624
I play a lot of JRPGs. I just gave you an example since you stated "every jrpgs". Sorry.

>>337225557
I play to many games to have a favorite. I usually just say it's good or point out the good aspects of the game itself rather than saying it's godlike, because no game is perfect. It will almost always have a flaw. I rarely dislike any games for that matter too.
>>
>>337225790
the one thing that xenoblade (or xenoblade x) have that beats most other games is the world design

it's the only thing that is ACTUALLY godlike in that game

cant think of another game that lets you wander around in open fantastic landscape

tales sure have amazing world design but they arent open world
>>
It was one of the best Jrpgs last gen.
Go try it just dont try to do all sidequests
>>
Do I need to play any of the previous games of the series or should I just jump in?
do I need a wii controller or KB+M is fine too?
>>
>>337227284
it really isnt
unless your jrpg experience is limited to a few games
>>
>>337227284
Might be the best one on Wii, but not the best one last gen.
>>
>>337227419
this desu senpai
>>
>>337224507
The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are both also on the Wii and are arguably better than XBC.

>>337226357
The issue with the exploration in XBC is that the environments are vast but the player moves at a snails pace. It makes exploration an absolute chore and you rarely find anything particularly great. XBC also isn't open world, it's a string of large environments in a linear order. X improved movement immensely, added mechs and jam packed the world with items, probe sites, tyrants and field skill stuff so exploration never becomes a chore.

>>337227305
No, it's completely standalone. The only reason "Xeno" is put on the name of these games is to let people know that they're made by Takahashi. Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade and even X are all their own things, with maybe a couple of references and running themes between them at best.
>>
>>337227538
>XBC also isn't open world, it's a string of large environments
the thing is that theres almost no other jrpgs does that
and the ones that does it (ff 12?) have boring landscape
>>
>>337227538
>The issue with the exploration in XBC is that the environments are vast but the player moves at a snails pace
Luckily, there is a gem for this.
>The only reason "Xeno" is put on the name of these games is to let people know that they're made by Takahashi
They also use some characteristic looks from previous creations characters.
>>
>>337227664
Lightning returns is pretty open world too. Not as many big ones, but they are big.
>>
>>337227305
I'm interested in controller part as well
>>
>>337227823
well i dont play FF so i dont know
but from the screenshots it doesnt look as fabulous as xenoblade landscape

id rate xenoblade like this
combat : 5/10 its okay
story : 3/10 fucking unoriginal uninspired childish shitshow
characters : 4/10 holy fuck they're fucking trash
music : 6/10 it's okay
landscape : 10/10 fucking amazing
overall : 5/10 mediocre as FUCK
>>
>>337228196
>characters 4/10
whatever he's probably some contrarian edgelord who spergs out at any remotely anime-inspired thing

>story 3/10
holy fuck fite me you little bitch
>>
>>337229541
>ur childhood friend is kidnnaped
>are you a cool enough dude to save her?

>oh by the way you fight god at the end
>>
>>337229695
>thinks zanza just randomly shows up at the end
>didn't see any of the foreshadowing or understand any of the symbolism

oh I see, you're just a retard
>>
>>337223124
Once you defeat the boss in Mechon city there'lly be something going on to get you back into it
>>
>>337221386

it's amazing in HD since the art direction is god tier
>>
>>337222359

>one of the best

reaching a bit there nigga, xenoblade's music is a bit of clusterfuck since there were like 3 composers battling each other, however "You will know your names" will forever be in my heart as the most hype boss song ever, but that's because the designers were fucking geniuses and made the song play when you were finally having the upper hand on bosses, scripts like that are why Metal Gear Rising is so beloved as well.
>>
>>337224225

for the record, xenoblade was released when the world was still vomiting over final fantasy 13 so it's understandable that people hailed it as a messianic mandate from above
>>
>>337222146
I was a contrarian...now it's my favourite jrpg
>>
>>337230092
That anon didn't say Zanza randomly appears.

The story is there, the symbolism means something, everything works. But it's so damn bland. It's a checklist of anime/Japanese video game tropes from beginning to end and became extremely predictable very quickly.

It works. I played the game and enjoyed it. But to say the story is anything but cookie cutter is overselling it.
>>
File: latest[1].png (3 MB, 1424x1024) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3 MB, 1424x1024
I-I liked Pandora's Tower....

Poor devs, they poured their heart and souls in the only proper videogame entirely made by them after countless years of grinding for stupid One Piece shit and they got no recognition what so ever while hacks like kojima get praised for shitting in the mouth of his fans...what a shit world.
>>
>>337231926
I'll concede that its base is cookie cutter, but it takes that base and plays around with it. I especially liked the fact that the man vs machine thing was averted and that Zanza reverses the typical trend of a final boss who isn't really god but uses religious imagery to a guy who actually IS god but uses mixed imagery(admittedly there's a lot of pseudo-religious crap squeezed in at the end but the game did an admirable job up until that point)
>>
>>337224507
Ahh yes the PS3 with all those fantastic JRPGs like Nier and
>>
>>337232749
>ive never played any jrpg
>>
>>337227305
>>337227910
I used an X360 pad with the Xbox controller prompt textures, they should be in the same thread as the HD re-textures. Runs great.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.