[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to play DS3 but at the same time, I've never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_np6sdcX5Hb1qafxhio4_400.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np6sdcX5Hb1qafxhio4_400.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
I want to play DS3 but at the same time, I've never played a single souls game in my life and I would be playing it on PC.
Is it actually worth it?
>>
you'd be better off killing yourself already since that's what will happen.
>>
You'll die 1000x times and then git gud, it happens to all of us no matter which Souls game we start with.

I could recommend a good, simple build that's impossible to fuck up if you're interested.
>>
Play Souls 1 first
>>
>>337215253
Yes. It's worth it.

Start with a STR-build. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>337215475
>>337215356
I'm not really bothered whether I'll die a shit ton or not, I already know that's going to happen.
I'm just concerned whether some things will be lost on me because I never played the other games.
>>
>>337215593
Don't take this bait OP.
STR is the most useless stat.
>>
>>337215648
>'m just concerned whether some things will be lost on me because I never played the other games.
nope
play it
your first souls game will likely be your favorite souls game
>>
>>337215648

It rehashes a lot of the lore from the first Dark Souls game. This is completely inconsequential because 1. a lot of experienced players barely paid attention to the lore from the first game anyways 2. the lore in the third game isn't super exciting 3. it's easy for a Dark Souls veteran to breeze through Dark Souls III without even noticing or caring about the majority of the references.

There was maybe one moment in the game where I was excited to see something reminiscent of Dark Souls 1. It was because they just copy and pasted a level and then covered it in snow.

You won't miss anything important. Worst case scenario is you play Dark Souls III and then find you can't play the previous 2 games because the combat is slower and the graphics are slightly worse.
>>
No just play Dark Souls 1 it's 5 dollars on the Humble Bundle and it's it's everything Dark Souls 3 tries and fails to be
>>
Dark Souls 1 is more interesting and memorable, despite the mechanical improvements that DS3 had.

I can't imagine why anyone would play them out of order but so many people do. I'll never understand.
>>
>>337216080
Don't listen to this meme. I played Demon's Souls but liked Dark Souls the best.

Also best game ranking I haven't finished Bloodborne

DS1 > Demon's> DS3 > power gap lol > DS2

Best hub

DS2 ≥ Demon's > DS1 > DS3
>>
>>337215253
Same situation here guys

But I hate dying a lot, that's why I never touched any of them.

Liked Lords of the Fallen though, didn't die much there
>>
You should start from 1 and play them in order. It is not absolutely required but the lore, especially in DS3, has a shit ton of references to thenolder titles.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.