[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the first FF I've ever finished and loved it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ff9_us.jpg (90 KB, 678x650) Image search: [Google]
ff9_us.jpg
90 KB, 678x650
This is the first FF I've ever finished and loved it.

I played FF4 and couldn't finish it (The pacing was way too slow.)
I played FF6 (It was just a shitty RPG maker game, I mean I know it's what inspired RPG maker but I've played so many better RPG maker games than it.)
I played FF10 (It was stupid fun but I lost interest)
I played FF13 (It was shit)

What should I play next
>>
7, 12, or Tactics
>>
>>337204906
> It was a shitty RPG maker game

12yo detected
>>
>i've played so many better rpg maker games than ff6

b8?
>>
>>337205113
Final Fantasy 6 is 24 years old, bro. It aged like cheese.
>>
Should probably try finishing X some time, OP.

But these >>337205030 are good options too.

just know that FF7 looks dated as fuck and FF12 suffers in the beginning because Vaan was never intended to be the protagonist and is kind of just injected there to fill the hot young male protagonist quota the series demands.

Never played Tactics but I hear nothing but good things about it.
>>
>>337205240
You mean it got harder, tangier, and danker?
>>
File: FF trinity.jpg (82 KB, 766x623) Image search: [Google]
FF trinity.jpg
82 KB, 766x623
they're all good to some extent besides pic related, so try to play all (remakes/HD versions over originals) when you can
>>
>>337205238
OFF
Hylics
Lisa
Space Funeral

All superior to FF6.
>>
>>337205809
all of those games have super shitty gameplay compared to FF6, except maybe hylics I have no idea what that is
>>
File: CV1wpdJVAAAY8Hx.png (253 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
CV1wpdJVAAAY8Hx.png
253 KB, 600x379
>>337206203
>JRPG
>Good gameplay
>>
>>337206284
why are you in this thread? get out

better yet, kill yourself
>>
>>337205590
this

tl;dr
ff6 will be better than ff9, always

i really don't know why people like ff9, even when it was new, i always felt like it was a boring slog to complete. i never got attached to the story or the characters save for zidane was was at the very least something fresh for an RPG protag being a thief main hero and such
>>
>>337206409
the only bad thing about 9 was how slow it was because the ps1 couldn't handle it

the PC version fixes this, so it's the only FF game with no big flaw
>>
>>337206409
It came in after FFVIII.

The bar was set pretty low. Also, Choco Hot/Cold really appealed to my autism.
>>
>>337206486
the PC version fixes the slow ass battles?
because, fuck that shit, every fight:

15 seconds in
then slow fighting because PS1
then 5-7 second fade out

fuck 9
>>
>>337206649
ya it did
>>
>>337205610
Fuck you, FF8 was a fantastic game. The only reason people actually hate it was because it was so different from FF7 (which honestly has a shittier story by far) which made the series so much more popular than it was at the time.
>>
>>337207220
>people only hate it because it's different from FF7

you don't seriously believe this do you? 9 is even more different than 7 but it's praised much more than 8

>7 shittier story than 8

are you out of your mind? are you sober right now? even 8fags agree that the story is shit, how you can possibly think 8 is in anyway better story wise than 7 is beyond me, the only FF story that's maybe worse is X-2 or 13

I havn't even mentioned the horridly designed junction/draw system, the shitty characters, or how easy it is to break

the only redeeming factor of 8 is its OST, and maybe the graphics for its time
>>
>>337207220
Mechanically, it was shit.

The narrative was convoluted and obtuse.

Really, the only redeeming part was the card game.
>>
>>337207492
As much as I want to make a really good rebuttal, I'm suddenly reminded as to why I don't bother posting much. I just don't care enough to offer an argument. Nothing I post will convince you otherwise, just like nothing you post will convince me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.