[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are games who looks like or similar to zelda ii? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: zeldaii.jpg (61 KB, 558x314) Image search: [Google]
zeldaii.jpg
61 KB, 558x314
There are games who looks like or similar to zelda ii?

I really like the horizontal action of this vidyagaem.
>>
Chronicles of Teddy is an alright Zelda-ish side scroller.

There's also Elliot Quest. Pretty sure both are on Steam and the WiiU.

Teddy emulates the graphical style nicely while Elliot is a bit simpler and blockier.
>>
Rambo
>>
File: rambo.png (5 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
rambo.png
5 KB, 512x448
Rambo
>>
I tried Elliot quest which is a Zelda II clone. However the graphics were shit and it had unacceptable frame drops in my setup. Also the guy fights with a bow, it doesn't get gayer than that.
>>
File: ramrun.gif (6 KB, 145x276) Image search: [Google]
ramrun.gif
6 KB, 145x276
>>337204749
>>
The Battle of Olympus and Faxanadu.
>>
Battle of Olympus for the NES was basically a rip off of Zelda 2
>>
Thanks a lot guys.
>>
File: battle-of-olympus-05.png (13 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
battle-of-olympus-05.png
13 KB, 512x480
>>337205002
These.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P5KhepWIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9E4o_IPhA
>>
If you wanna really stretch it you can say the Wizards and Warriors games
>>
I always liked the side scrolling portions in Link's Awakening.
>>
Clash at Demonhead
Rygar
Popful Mail
Magical Pop'n
Shovel Knight
Valdis Story
Volgarr the Viking
That Adventure Time game on the DS
>>
Oniken.
>>
>>337205631
Volgarr the Viking is more like Rastan, but i guess it fits
>>
>>337204509
How close is Zelda II to being a Metroidvania do you think? It never occurred to me before but I could see a few similarities
>>
File: 1442205195438.gif (249 KB, 860x438) Image search: [Google]
1442205195438.gif
249 KB, 860x438
>>337205972
>CastleHyrule instead of CastleHylia
>>
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest [Redaction]
>>
>>337205972
>CastleHyrule
>not CastleHylia
>>
>>337205726
Don't forget ODallus The Dark Call, by the same developers.
>>
>>337205972
I mean some people would say it is strictly because of progression barring with items/upgrades. Especially since you can clear the areas some of them are in without them but need it later.

I don't know what you would really compared the the map traversal/encounters/dungeons/towns with except for straight RPGs like FF and shit.
>>
>>337205972
I'd say it's somewhat close. It's focused on exploration and character progression. I don't think it's fully a Metroidvania due to the overworld map though.
>>
>>337205972
The overworld progression is too different. Dungeons aren't too maze-like either.
>>
>>337206363
>dungeons aren't too maze-like

By what metric? They start relatively simple but that shit gets rough as hell by the end.
>>
>>337206169
>>337206195

There is no Hylia Castle though
>>
>>337206549
The naming scheme works better.
>>
>>337205972
Didn't Order of Ecclesia bridge the gap between both game types?
>>
>>337204509
Battle of olympus
>>
>>337204509

This is my house!
>>
Treasure Adventure Game, it's freeware too
>>
>>337204509
Hyper light drifter
>>
Super Win The Game nails that sort of style fairly well though it's one of those retraux type of games.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.