[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: social-share.jpg (203 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
social-share.jpg
203 KB, 1200x628
What went wrong?
>>
>>337204137
>Let's release our game on the same week a highly advertised AAA game comes into open beta!
>What could possibly go wrong?!
>>
>>337204305
Got it backwards anon blizzard tends to release betas and expansions on days of major competitors releases. The beta timing meant blizzard feared this game could take off so they tried to kill. It seemingly worked since people could just wait until the reviews came in since there was a free option.
>>
Gearbox.
>>
>>337204467
Gonna act like Battleborn didn't have an Open Beta too?

We played it. It was a Battlebore and many people weren't going to pay $60 for it.

Me personally I'll scoop it on sale for like $15
>>
>>337204137
i keep seeing these threads so I decided to watch the videos on it.
it looks awful, the art style is very DOTA-ish and I fucking hate ASSFAGGOTS.
characters are fucking QUALITY tier, as in bad.

Overwatch is just more visually appealing.
>>
File: tumblrborne.jpg (597 KB, 1066x585) Image search: [Google]
tumblrborne.jpg
597 KB, 1066x585
>>337204137
they took anita sarkessian advice on female design too far
>>
>>337204714
I missed the beta but was just pointing out blizzards mo of doing this shit. It didn't matter when they realeased the game since blizzard would just put its beta out in front of it. They did the same thing to wild star and heavens sword.
>>
>Two almost identical games come out at the same time
This couldn't have just been coincidence.
>>
>>337204137

Disgusting art style + slow, grindy moba.
>>
>>337204861
Overwatch: Cute and adorable waifus
Battleborn: Dragon Age tier dykes,
>>
/v/ mods and jannies are faggots for deleting a trump thread, FAG! FAG! FAG!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
>>
>>337204137
It wasn't f2p
Who even pays for grind simulators now?
>>
>>337204556
this
if you support Gearbox then leave
>>
Boring as fuck combat. Uninteresting moba gameplay.
>>
>>337204137
Incredibly ugly character design and overall ass aeshetic with boring outdated moba gameplay. I mean fuck didn't anything go right?
>>
File: implying mei is pure.webm (3 MB, 720x830) Image search: [Google]
implying mei is pure.webm
3 MB, 720x830
>>337204137
>make the female characters not waifu tier
>rule 34 content is extremely low
>DON'T profit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDfPCxVMrY4
>>
>>337204137

artstyle is horrendous
>>
I guess a MOBA was the natural direction to go in after Borderlands but I don't think FPS players play MOBAs or vice versa.. maybe I'm wrong but personally I can't give two shits about MOBA style gameplay, even Overwatch cuts it too close with their heroes and cooldowns
>>
>>337205729
there are like 3 characters that are fun to play. there were a couple lines in the story missions that made me chuckle instead of cringe. that's about it
>>
>>337205906
all this bickering about tracer and widowmaker, and then it turns out mei was hiding the thickest booty of them all
>>
>>337204861
More like Briana Wu, is this Revolution 61 or whatever?
>>
>>337205906
Did I just see jiggle?
>>
File: 1462940507174.jpg (259 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
1462940507174.jpg
259 KB, 575x575
>>337204137
Moba games are generally free/cheap. People who want an actual fps game will lean towards Overwatch anyways
>>
>>337204137
Would have sold well if it was f2p/20 bucks. Nobody is jumping into this blind for 60.
>>
>60$
>>
>>337206898
as somebody who enjoys FPS games, this shit is rage enducing purely because of the dumb ass cool downs.
>wait 8 seconds to roll
>wait 8 seconds to use your hook thing
>wait 3 seconds to thrust forward a few feet
>>
>>337206898
>People who want an actual fps game will lean towards Overwatch

What?

Overwatch fails as a MOBA and a competent FPS anyway.

It's skill ceiling is incredibly low, it's more casual than TF2 even.
>>
>>337207213
>>337207938
Never said it was a good FPS. Just that it will attract more FPS players than Battleborn
>>
How do people even call Overwatch a moba? It has literally nothing from actual ASSFAGGOTS like lanes, creeps, leveling up, making your character stronger, buying items, destroying buildings, etcetera, literally the only thing it has is skills that go on cooldown. Like any rpg, or TF2, or W:ET, or a whole lot of other games that predate league of kek.
>>
>hey lets make a game that directly competes with riot/valve/blizzard
gearbox management is just retarded thats all.
>>
>>337208339
you are right, but the characters are so wildly asymmetrical that firefights feel less like traditional FPS battles and more like traditional MOBA battles
>>
>>337208593
Feels more like a class-based FPS, of which we've had a fuckload so far. Is TF2 also suddenly a moba because it's the meme-word of the year?
>>
It's not Overwatch, I'm not even fucking joking, that's just about the main reason why it's already dead.
>>
File: mfw.gif (867 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
867 KB, 500x281
>>337204137
It was made by Gearbox.
>>
>>337207938
>Overwatch fails as a MOBA
Maybe because it isn't one.
>>
>>337204137
My computer broke, else I would be playing it.
>>
>>337207938
>It's skill ceiling is incredibly low, it's more casual than TF2 even.
Everybody who says this is some dipshit who thinks you're supposed to main one character in every match. Sure, the individual characters are shallow, but the skill ceiling is defined by how well you can swap characters to counter what the enemy team is doing. Not by how well you can manage your two abilities on your waifu.
>>
>>337208690
>>337208998
there has to be some kind of reason every single article about the game mentions MOBAs, and the wikipedia page even says it has MOBA elements
>>
>>337209823
apparently having abilities means your game is a moba

its for this same reason of over-arching and generalizing shit that video game journalism is a joke. why do people that dont play video games talk about them? then again if that wasnt the case this board would have probably three guys left in it
>>
>>337209823
And I'm trying to figure out what it is, as literally the only similarity is more than 6 classes and abilities on E and Q. It's like everybody is calling it a moba just to draw in the league of legends audience and aping each other.

It doesn't help that moba is the worst descriptive genre name there currently is, you can call every single online game a moba at the moment. Even worse than RPG.
>>
I tried it during the open Beta period. That shitty Borderlands humor is certainly in there. And they lay it on thick.
>>
>>337209823
The wikipedia page is user-edited, meaning the information is whatever people want to fucking put there. As long as whoever is overseeing it is a moron who doesn't know any better, you can get away with bullshit. People, especially here on /v/, have been parroting lies about Overwatch being a MOBA for nearly a year now, it's simply misinformation that's stuck.
>>
>>337210504
WACKY CHARACTERS AAAAAGGGHHH. LET'S KILL OVER THE TOP HAHAHAHAHA. AAAAGGGHHHH.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.