[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Damage >Heal/Support >Tank >Control What happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>Damage
>Heal/Support
>Tank
>Control

What happens to these classic roles? I can't find a good PvE experience where I can just settle into one of these rolls and form a classic-style party.

Every game's focused on these hybrid fusion classes where every character is responsible for all four roles at all times or parties wipe because you're not a group of 4 DPSes.

What's a good game where I can be a comfy taunt-fortress while my Striker and Healer are moving health bars?
>>
It's a shame that I've gotta bump this.
>>
I have nothing to add
>>
>>337202885
Thanks for trying.
>>
>>337202934
I'll try a little harder.

I think it's the fact that the classic archetype of those 4 classes got stale for people. Games might have been overrun with samey rpgs, and they were losing market to things like
>WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU
so, they had to change the way they did things.
I am going off of nothing but my opinion here
>>
Final Fantasy XIV is sticks to this system to a fault
You'd probably enjoy playing Paladin
>>
>>337202207
>classic roles
>listing heal and support on the same
>while control on separated list
>classic at all
>>
>>337203528
>Final Fantasy XIV

Monthly subscription is what kills it for my group. My friends are broke-ass and I was kind of looking for a game we could buy once (or F2P). When I start earning more money, I can cover some of their subscriptions so we can get into it.

We saw Guild Wars 2 and it didn't feel like that was what we were looking for. They actually went in the opposite direction from Guild Wars 1 than we liked. If that game's still going strong, I might shell out for copies of Prophecies for them and get the next expansions as we beat the content.

>>337203956
My brother.
>>
>>337202207
DCUO is divided exactly into those 4 roles, last I knew Control is just the mandatory mana battery though.
>>
File: 1331658356062.png (17 KB, 622x514) Image search: [Google]
1331658356062.png
17 KB, 622x514
>PVE
>>
>>337205169
>mandatory mana battery
Sounds like Trinity in Warframe. Not a fan of Battery Meta. Every character should have something to do even if they're specialized.

Like stacking buffs, swapping resistances, healing, condition maintenance, etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.