[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is fucking amazing. Why do we hate it again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
File: tumblr_lxm7emyiqw1qg5cwg.gif (428 KB, 350x192) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxm7emyiqw1qg5cwg.gif
428 KB, 350x192
This game is fucking amazing.

Why do we hate it again?
>>
>>337201389
Because anything motion control = bad
>>
>>337201389
/v/ is full of fat fucks who are too lazy to move their arms around
>>
Little exploration
Disruptive partner
Controls are less accurate/consistent than buttons
Shoehorned as the very first chronological story in order to make Hyrule Historia and the official timeline more appealing (some people like this though)
>>
>>337201389
It is quite a good game, but it is the worst 3D Zelda game.
>>
File: Skyward Sword concept art.png (1 MB, 900x654) Image search: [Google]
Skyward Sword concept art.png
1 MB, 900x654
Insultingly bland areas, easy simplistic dungeons (Save the 3rd and last ones) content is crammed into the first 3rd of the game while the rest is filler and a story which goes nowhere for 39 hours then takes the biggest dump on the entire franchise in the last.
>>
>>337201389
Because we're not all idiots like you.
>>
It's one of the most boring and drawn out games I've played.

Also garbage controls.
>>
>>337202019
The first two apply to TP. Especially the No exploration part.
>>
>>337201389
>MASTER YOUR BATTERIES ARE RUNNING LOW
>HEY MASTER, IN CASE THE CAMERA PAN WASN'T ENOUGH TO SHOW YOU WHERE YOU NEEDED TO GO, I'LL TELL YOU!
>I HAVE NO PERSONALITY BUT YOU SHOULD CARE FOR ME ANYWAY BECAUSE I'M A SEXY SWORD GIRL AND I'M YOUR PARTNER
>WHEN YOU PLAY ANY OF THE CLASSIC GAMES IN THE SERIES THAT CONTAINS THE MASTER SWORD, I SURE HOPE YOU THINK OF ME
>>
>>337201389
I loved it to OP, i stopped coming here for awhile when i saw how dumb /v/ became over this game.

People complaining for the sake of complaining, you should have seen how nitpicky and completely homo peoples complaints were back then
>>
File: 1456381955349.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456381955349.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Complaints about Fi and other annoying "helpful" messages are justified, but other than that it's an excellent Zelda game. I loved it. I don't listen to /v/, this place has rubbish taste.
>>
File: 1437572805700.jpg (122 KB, 629x995) Image search: [Google]
1437572805700.jpg
122 KB, 629x995
The Legend of Zelda is one of those series that hipster hacks on sites like IGN and Kotaku love to rip on. It's popular so it makes them feel smart to rip on it, but it isn't western so they don't have to fear for their paychecks by doing so.

Neo-/v/ is full of people who worship these "journalists" and "e-celebs" as idols, so it's not surprising that they also like to shit on Zelda.

Skyward Sword is by no means a flawless game. It has many little nitpicks, but they don't make it anything close to a bad game.
>>
File: 1446262733128.png (1 MB, 1174x813) Image search: [Google]
1446262733128.png
1 MB, 1174x813
>>337203692
>Posting that webm YET again
Now, for everything that isn't shown in that cherrypicked clip:
>Flying mechanics are limited
>Swimming is awkward and you need to use that dash to escape the water
>You can't Z-target and shoot your bow, a staple element in 3D Zelda
>You have to play in an open space, the controls won't respond otherwise

And that's just the controls.
>>
Because it's bad.
>>
>>337201389
>Why do we hate it again?
Because we don't have Zelda U out to hate yet.
>>
>>337203770
>neo /v/ is full of people who worship these e celebs like idols

you clearly haven't been browsing for more than a month if you actually believe that
>>
>>337201389

I enjoyed it but it has a ton of flaws.

The biggest issue for me was the disappointing content. Fire Sanctuary was just a rehash of Earth Temple, Sky Keep was just a sliding puzzle with reused assets (including the boss, which was a fucking miniboss from Sandship), the sky was empty as fuck, the "past" was completely pointless except for one boss fight, etc. It's clear they prioritized the motion controls to such a degree that the meat of the game suffered. The motion controls are also why Fi is so handholdy, Nintendo was worried that players would get confused.

My hope is that Zelda U prioritizes quality content over gimmicks. I'm a bit worried that it'll get ruined by the modern "open world" meme, but we'll see.
>>
>>337204021
>>You can't Z-target and shoot your bow
> literally wanting aimbot
>>
I actually stopped playing because the hand-holding was so overdone. It became fucking frustrating. It also resulted in a sort of linearity that cut down on the adventury feeling.
>>
>>337204141
>zelda U finally comes out
>0/10 THIS GAME IS SHIT
>HOLY FUCK THIS FEATURE RUINS EVERYTHING

>HEY GUYS SKYWARD SWORD IS THE BEST ZELDA
>YEAH DUDE, I AGREE. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS!
>IT WASN'T THAT BAD! IT WAS GREAT! ZELDA U IS JUST SHIT!
>>
muh OOT
>>337201721
>>337201786
figures /v/ wouldn't know you don't need nunchucks
>>
>>337204497
>Having options is bad
Goddamn. I know Fi gave you your first boner, but come the fuck on. That's just bad design.
>>
>>337204657
It doesn't do a whole lot of things it said it was going to do.

And the game itself is just plain bad.
>>
>>337204728
name three
>>
Fi is easily one of my least favorite 3D Zelda companions, there is no need for her to tell me my hearts are low, or my batteries are dying, I'm fucking well aware by the other warnings the game gives me.
"Do you want me to explain dousing?"
>No
"Understood, by the way press (c) to dowse, and then select the thing with the remote to pick a target to dowse"

I really don't like that the motion controls are used for some menus like when asking Fi for something, in Twilight Princess you'd have a cursor, or you could select an option with the nunchuck stick, my personal nitpick is that shit seems a little less convenient.

There's too much dialog in the beginning and most is useless shit that the game doesn't need to tell or show me, it just drags out the pace of the game for me, beacons feel absurdly unnecessary early on, but might be useful just for the convenience

The motion controls are fine, It just happened the remote I used didn't work for whatever reason so that one part where you hold the sword skyward for the first time inside the statue wouldn't progress at all. It all just feels like a slow start, it doesn't help that you can't leave an area without checking on a thing, or doing something for a goron. I dropped this game around the time it was released because I just didn't like the way it was, so I decided to get to trying to actually beat it. I do hope Zelda U/NX does better.
>>
>>337201389
because its abject fucking trash, constantly handholding, constantly pedantic and stopping to explain ad nauseum the most basic elements of the game, has a shitty overworld, shitty recycled boss fights, and the worst sidekick in any zelda. it had the best implementation of motion controls in any nintendo wii game but still ended up being clunky and unfun as motion controls are.

the zelda cycle must really be a thing because there's seriously nothing this game offers over any other 3d zelda game.
>>
File: its zelda so it cant be bad.png (6 KB, 307x145) Image search: [Google]
its zelda so it cant be bad.png
6 KB, 307x145
>>337204812
>we're going to break up the traditional formula
>the gameplay won;t be derivative and players will be able to freely express themselves
>there will be little need to backtrack

all things proposed befor ethe e3 trailer, and completely backpedaled on when confronted
>>
>>337204397
You're kidding, right?

The catalog is constantly full of that shit.
>>
/r/ing that miyamoto post about the zelda cycle
>>
I realize the Zelda games are made for children and so have always been really hand-holdy, but man it really reached critical mass with Skyward Sword, imo. If the new Zelda keeps going in this direction that panders to 5 year-olds with down's syndrome, I'll seriously be done with the series.
>>
>>337204708
> aimbot is an option
> aimbot is good design
>>
>>337205352
Any game is going to make sure you know how to play it, that's part of good game design; ensuring the player knows how to play it.
>>
>>337205467
Yes, you fucking underage virgin. That's a good thing. Having the option to use the aimbot as you call it or to hold the button while doing so, and that was a hassle, too. You can't pull it off in SS. But keep on justifying bad game design you slob.
>>
>>337205467
Why don't we just go ahead and remove Z-targeting all together then?
Not the other guy, but it's not like Zelda is a shooting game or some shit with m-muh precision aiming
>>
>>337205730
Z targeting isn't an aimbot, you can still miss even if you're locked on.
>>
>>337204141
>>337204514
Someone post that cap with the miyamoto picture complaining that everyone always hates the new zelda
>>
>>337205803
Either way, it was fucked in SS.
>>
>>337204445
>Fire Sanctuary was just a rehash of Earth Temple

No it wasn't.

>Sky Keep was just a sliding puzzle with reused assets (including the boss, which was a fucking miniboss from Sandship)

Sky Keep had no boss, senpai. But they did re-use the same miniboss design.

Everything else you said is true though.
>>
File: 1461168846787-v.png (84 KB, 973x357) Image search: [Google]
1461168846787-v.png
84 KB, 973x357
>>
Because it's a shitty game and you have bad taste.
>>
I don't like a lot of Skyward sword. It makes me visibly upset just talking about it.
>>
>>337206295
I can already see it. People hating the new Zelda and praising Skyward Sword.
>>
>>337206541
I doubt it. Skyward Sword was that bad I'll definitely love Zelda U and likely shit on Skyward Sword even more.
>>
>>337205081
>there will be little need to backtrack
Hot damn, they fucked up.
>>
Demise alone ruins everything
>>
if the motion controls worked for you skyward sword could be a blast

I had a lot of fun running around skyloft and doing stuff for the nps, it felt like I was a little Zelda social sim desu
>>
>>337206931
That's what he said, that the traditional dungeon design and "go to level 1,2 and three" would be broken up into less linear formats, and that backtracking would be unnecessary because of it.

You end up going through ALL of the old areas again.
>>
>>337205517
Hey remember to fill in the capatchta to post unless you have a 4chan Gold pass.
>>
File: ss.png (37 KB, 1573x126) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
37 KB, 1573x126
I took a screen cap because I'm tired of repeating myself.
>>
>>337207215
I have a 4chan pass.
>>
>>337207412
That's nice, but remember to fill in the captchta or have a 4chan pass to post.
>>
>>337207508
I don't think you want to actually reply to me.
>>
>>337207545
You may be right but make sure you're looking at the screen to read posts.
>>
>>337207651
Remember you need to have 3 things when riding a bike. Reflectors, spools and tire pressure.
>>
File: soon.jpg (425 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
425 KB, 1280x960
>>337204514
>As soon as Zelda U/NX comes out anyone who says they like SS will immediately be called out for ZELDA CYCLE ZELDA CYCLE ZELDA CYCLE
>Nevermind that we have contrarian fuckers right now saying they love it
>>
>>337207730
Hey before you get on that bike, make sure to wear shoes! Don't want to scuff your toes do you?
>>
>>337201389
You haven't gotten the beetle yet have you?
>>
>>337201389
Game is more casualized compared to other Zeldas. Compare Fi's insistent tutorials to Midna.
Overworld is complete shit. They took Wind Waker's sea, removed 95% of the islands, and put it in the sky.
The game has incredibly poor pacing and structure. There's 3 unique areas in the entire game and they're repeated 3 times.
A lot of the dungeons are flat out uninteresting.
Little in the game makes good use of the controls. All of their attempts at boil down to Simon Says against enemies.

That's about it.
>>
>>337207834
It's not imperative to wear shoes being that a bike mountain bike will carry most of your weight and brakes come equipped.

But remember that without spools and a reflector you can heighten the risk of an accident.
>>
>>337203125
Projecting. This is untrue.
Are the people who complain about the controls just out of shape? I found them to work very well
>>
>>337207907
Hey woah there cowboy! You seem to have forgotten your training wheels. There we go. Can't have you falling over now. Remember to use Google maps to navigate your way down the driveway now.
>>
>>337207950
You have no idea what projecting means.
>>
>>337208058
Dude, I don;t know how you even have room to argue, you don;t care about me.
>>
>>337208062
Given that everyone who complains about this game can't stop going on about other people being fat, I'm sure they're well acquainted with projecting.
>>
>>337208082
Ha ha good one. Remember to enter the capatchta or use a 4chan pass to post!
>>
>>337208165
Enjoy the fucking view stupid.
>>
>>337201389
It's good
It's not Zelda good
>>
>>337201389
Really inconsistent.
>>
>>337201389
>fucking amazing
Fuck you anon, it's alright.
>>
I've never actually played it because fuck motion controls.
>>
I like the game a lot, but the only one I can replay of all the zeldas is ocarina of time, eve if its not my favorite.
>>
Combat was fun.

>>337211245
spot the fatty
>>
>>337202019
Story and exploration probably can't be fixed but they can easily tone down Fi and give us the 1:1 motion controls like Nintendoland has if/when we get an HD version.
>>
>>337207837
Beetle was very reliant on the sensor bar. Any tilt at all moves it left or right, it checks to see if the sensor bar lights are level to activate straight flight. Maybe it gives more responsive controls than doing it all tilt, but if you don't know to point it at the sensor bar the beetle gets fucked fast. It's also why it can only climb or drop at a pretty shallow angle, so you keep the wiimote pointed around the sensor bar.
>>
>>337211527
Is it the guy who thinks waggle note = exercise?
>>
>>337207904
>Overworld is complete shit. They took Wind Waker's sea, removed 95% of the islands, and put it in the sky.
Good thing SS has land too, more and better designed land than WW's shit tiny islands.
>>
File: skywardsword-3.jpg (20 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
skywardsword-3.jpg
20 KB, 610x343
Main problem is that there isn't a lot that the player can discover that isn't explicitly part of the main story path
>>
>>337201389
>tumblr.gif

Answered your own question there, SJW infiltrator. Nice try though. REEEE
>>
>>337212620
I was so pissed when I learned that all of those little islands have nothing but a single chest that you can't even open until you hit some cube on the surface.

Like, fuck, why not just put the chest on the surface then? It just reeks of them trying to come up with something to fill the sky with but without having to put in any significant effort, so they just gave you some extra meaningless busy work.
>>
File: is dese fox's srs.png (388 KB, 685x457) Image search: [Google]
is dese fox's srs.png
388 KB, 685x457
>>337201389
Because you're a small very vocal group minority trying to force the worst gimmick'd Zelda in franchise history into positive view when its rightly hated.

The "Zelda Cycle" is skipping SS, and you cant sway it otherwise gimmick baby.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.