[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version did you pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 8640x3600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 8640x3600
Which version did you pick
>>
anon you don't have to make this thread every day
especially if you aren't going to reply to the one post made before it dies
>>
>>337201202
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>337201271
don't pretend you didn't make this thread previously and only got one guy mentioning arcade, snes, and hyperstone
>>
File: tmntarcadebeboprocksteady.jpg (35 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
tmntarcadebeboprocksteady.jpg
35 KB, 540x398
I picked this version
>>
>>337200996
>2p belt scroller or 4p belt scroller

Gee I wonder which one is better.
>>
>>337201654
The one with more levels.
>>
>>337200996
Hyperstone felt better to me. I think it was the controller
>>
>>337201692
More doesn't always mean better. Especially in a game as repetitive as Turtles in Time.
>>
>>337201983
>More doesn't always mean better
That works against the 4p, which makes the game too easy and boring.
>>
>>337202071
The game isn't necessarily easier except maybe on bosses (except for the first arcade's Shredder battle), more enemies are generated on screen with each increase in players, this happens in the first arcade game as well and in most arcade version beat'emups

The SNES version however was limited to a mere 4 foot soldiers onscreen (or more additional smaller enemies)

The hitstun on enemies is also different between the arcade and SNES version (there's also more animation to the arcade's enemy hit reaction)

And a slight thing you won't notice immediately is that in the arcade version you can "edge" a little while striking, which was also in the first arcade version

Attacks in general just worked slightly different between the versions
>>
>>337202071
4u
>>
>>337200996
>mike is the same color as leo

fucking dropped
>>
Was there a remake of the SNES version to include 4 players?
>>
>>337204019
No, Konami lost their TMNT license shortly after TMNT Tournament Fighters was released, and the graphics betweeen the arcade and SNES version aren't necessarily 1:1
>>
I once played this and X-Men arcade 6 players with MAME. It was glorious fucking up bosses so bad they couldn't even get up.
>you'll never have 5 friends to co-op games with again
>>
>>337204593
>trying to play 6p version at actual arcade
>literally rubbing shoulders with everyone despite double screen size arcade game
>everyone wanted to be Wolverine or Nightcrawler, especially the latter for his special move
>got stuck with Dazzler most of the time
Those were the days
>>
>>337205037
>Hatting on Dazzler.
At least you didn't get stuck with Cyclops.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.