[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is metroid basically a dead franchise at this point? Will Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 600x800
Is metroid basically a dead franchise at this point? Will Nintendo ever give it its dues?
>>
>>337200584
it slowly died out when Other M was released. I'll still buy federation force and hope that what little interest people show in it tells Nintendo that the franchise can still be profitable.

Being a Whiny bitch about the game isn't going to do anything other than cement the idea that Metroid is six feet under.
>>
>>337200584
Please Nintendo, I need another metroid scroller game for the 3DS or console.
>>
>>337200584
But they are actually doing a new Metroid game, it is called Federation Force.
>>
File: 1458184616075.png (70 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1458184616075.png
70 KB, 550x550
>>337202342
Do not buy Federation Force unless you want the next "metroid" game to be Federation Force 2.
>>
do you really want modern nintendo to make another metroid game?
>>
>>337202342
this looks so out of place on /v/
can you people lurk for at least a fucking DAY before you shill?
>>
File: 1449012526981.jpg (92 KB, 340x466) Image search: [Google]
1449012526981.jpg
92 KB, 340x466
>>337202917
Not buying it just says nobody wants a Metroid game at all and will make Nintendo less likely to make anything else for the series.
>>
>>337203286
you do you and I'll do me. Metroid has been with me since I was a kid so excuse me for being biased enough to give something new for the series a try.
>>
>Implying anyone wants a Metroid game for the gameplay and not for Zero Slut Samus trash

ZSS killed Metroid, while Nintendo only helped to dig its grave.
>>
>>337203314
>Not buying it just says nobody wants a Metroid game at all and will make Nintendo less likely to make anything else for the series.
No it will only mean that Nintendo won' invest in the Prime series anymore and will probably just go back to making 2D Metroid games.
>>
>mobile posting faggot thinks ZSS should be the future of Metroid

No seriously, fuck off already. Go somewhere else.

If Hiroshima really wanted to make 4chan a better place, he would ban all mobile posters.
>>
>>337203723
>I'm going to assume that by not putting money into a franchise that is almost shelved for good nintendo will continue to make the franchise out of love and also make all games after this 2D only.

That's all I got from what you said. care to tell me how you think game development works?
>>
>>337203698
>>337203958
The zero suit is gods gift to man
>>
>>337204012
Nintendo considers 2D Metroid and Prime two different series and franchises so in other words if Prime fails Nintendo will most likely put an end to the Prime franchise.
>>
File: 1420514218534.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1420514218534.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>337204169
that's quite the theory. have proof to back it up?
>>
>>337203723

Yeah dude just like Castlevania :^)
>>
>>337204345
http://gonintendo.com/stories/141672-official-pr-the-history-of-samus-aran-and-the-metroid-franchise

Sakamoto: "You might be aware of this, but I actually wasn’t that involved in the development of the Prime series. The goal in creating Metroid Prime was to create the ultimate first-person adventure, and I do think that Retro was able to do that. My approach, my concept, is a little bit different in terms of gameplay. And the story I want to tell with Other M can’t be achieved with that approach. So I think my take on this project is quite a bit different than Retro’s."

http://www.wired.com/2009/06/metroid-interview/

Tanabe:"I said this at the beginning, but I’m not involved in the 2D Metroid games that [Yoshio] Sakamoto works on,"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel
>>
I want to impregnate Samus!
>>
>>337202342
Do you think Federation Force is going to be good?
>>
>>337205474
As a Metroid game? probably not.

will it be fun? from what I see it'll be fun to break it down and make the best possible strategies. hopefully there's some kind of hypermode difficulty.

As a story game? it looks to have a bit of story in there. it remains to be seen whether it will be good or not.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.