[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Armored Core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: Armored.Core.full.1023725.jpg (2 MB, 2569x1637) Image search: [Google]
Armored.Core.full.1023725.jpg
2 MB, 2569x1637
How do we fix Armored Core?
>>
>>337186903
We don't. People didn't even like Armored Core Last Raven which had a "OMG SO DIFFICULT" appeal to it. From should give up on armored core.
>>
>>337187205
>People didn't even like
Way to generalize there.
>>
Keep Miyazaki's chubby mitts away from it
>>
The controls are fucking retarded but the people who like Armored Core must love them.
>>
>>337187607
I'm playing 3 right now and thats my biggest issue. Maybe 4 and 4A just spoiled me
>>
You can start by making some games again.
>>
>>337186903
Go back to the sortie type from 2-4a
Proper missions that are engaging and varied

An awesome as fuck arena mode
More parts
Faster
Bigger weapons
Improve AI

Basically continue from when the series was at a high point rather than do what 5 did. Pushing online play was a mistake
>>
>>337187807
Personally, the third generation games are my favorite, particularly Silent Line. I think they way to save the series is to throw away most of the stuff from generation 4 and 5, and try to improve upon generation 3 again. The controls were part of what I liked.

Having both missions and a proper arena I would also say is important.
>>
Stop shoving in multiplayer as the main game mode.
Back to underground levels like PS2 games or architecture to utilize like V, not huge empty lots. Preferably longer levels in general.
Keep leg type differences, like PS2 games or V, not like ACFA where leg types don't matter and every mech plays like a fairy.
Frame rate that's not constantly less than fucking 20.

>>337187807
If you're playing on emulator you can go to its options and rebind keys so you can play with analog controls akin to newer games or Nexus and Last Raven. That's what I did when replaying the PS2 games.
>>
>>337186903
waifus
It fixed SMT
>>
File: tourney emblem.gif (51 KB, 441x350) Image search: [Google]
tourney emblem.gif
51 KB, 441x350
Give flight back to the series, not some retarded drift off buildings, garbage poke meta that V was know for (barring japanese community). Like actually flying back, like every armored core previously had.

Hang the person who thought rock paper scissors defenese / offense was a good idea. Try not to make the next series balancing the absolute trashfest that FA had, while incorporating the mercenary mode of V and the story of FA (flesh it out a little more, although to be real Armored Core's always had a C- story).

Bunch of other things to write about, but that's the meat of it really.
>>
>>337188172
No more underground levels. It undermines the giant robot feel.
>>
port ACV into PC
>>
>>337187995
>Multiplayer Only
>Would be dead within months
I don't think I can stomach another abortion after V and Verdict Day.
>>
>>337188519
It was trash and you know it.
>>
Is AC4 or 5 worth checking out?
>>
>>337188906
Not 5, unless you want to be sad.
>>
I only played ACV and it was awful. Fights consisted of just dancing around a building sending of drones to keep the enemy in check and shooting them down super fast the moment they happen to lose cover. And if I played with a fast robot, I couldn't even turn around fast to keep my enemy on the screen, felt like shit.
>>
File: trump.jpg (65 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
65 KB, 1200x797
>>337188369
>saved

Trump will make SMT great again
>>
>>337188906
For answer and verdict day are both solid.
>>
File: 1461736339000.jpg (75 KB, 498x510) Image search: [Google]
1461736339000.jpg
75 KB, 498x510
Try and keep the story to a minimum. That always completely sinks a mech game for me.

>try to enjoy Xenoblade X
>AM I KAWAII UGUU
>throw it in the garbage

Armored Core needs to go back to its roots, where you're just a merc doing things for a paycheck, and kicking everyone's asses along the way. We didn't need this prophetic BS that plagued AC5. "Le dark Raven". Puh-lease.

You can call it whatever you want. Armored Core, Metal Wolf 2, Chromehounds 2, whatever. If you have mechs in it, just make it a good game.
>>
I'm guessing no one in here played Verdict Day because it fixed almost all my complaints with V. As well as being a massive nostalgia blast for 4A and having a kickass OST.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (181 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
181 KB, 1366x768
>>337188906
AC4 is so short it's pretty much a paid demo. ACFA is okay though. You won't miss any plot stuff by jumping straight to ACFA, as there's only few cameos from AC4 with zero plot relevancy.

Like seriously, what was the whole point of White Glint being the previous player character? He's pretty much the poster boy for ACFA, yet him, Fiona or Line Ark have no plot stuff whatsoever. There's one discussion between Lynxes very strongly implying "well, this new blood helped White Glint protect Line Ark, but I bet he'll never become their new champion, wink wink, nudge nudge". Cut content?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6gOSF5SR-s

Remixes even.
>>
>>337186903
Add Gundams
>>
>>337189703

I played Verdict Day. I think it's a nice game, but at its very best, it's an 8/10. It needed some work with the online first off.
>>
>>337189272
>Xenoblade x
>A mech game
>>
>>337189936

The cover definitely doesn't help.
>>
>>337189936
How is it not a mech game? You exclusively play with robots.
>>
>>337190390

Yeah, 20 hours into the game.
>>
Picrelated is how you do a mecha game
>>
>>337186903

Less gimmicks, more focus on good controls, depth of customization, and a large number of varied, well-designed missions.

That's what made Armored Core stand out, originally, compared to other mecha games in the 90's and early 2000's. Of all of those, I'd probably go so far as to say that the good mission design is the most important aspect. It's what the PS1 and PS2 AC games (well, the good ones, anyway) had, and to a large extent what the PS3 ones lacked.
>>
>>337189272
No, it should do the same as Ace Combat.
>Free to play
>Multiplayer only*
>Loaded with microtransaction like fuel pack to keep playing
It's the way to go because after all, it's 2016!
>>
>>337190584

No no no. Don't even joke like that. Knowing From Software, who's now had a taste of that cash cow blood, I bet theyd try that just to see if they could get away with it.
>>
Don't bring back that trash Rock Paper Scissors system V/VD had with the armor.
>>
>>337190914

I thought that was fine, it just needed refinement.

It was alot better than the EN versus solid defenses of old games.
>>
>>337190790

I dunno. Say what you will about From's recent games, but the DLC areas have had some of the best designed areas and bosses of any of their games.

I could get behind that sort of model for Armored Core. Have the core game and all the parts/missions as normal, then an expansion-sized DLC with more challenging missions and more diverse parts.
>>
>>337191028

I have a staunch view against DLC mostly because of how companies these days abuse it. If From could make a reasonable market from it and have it not feel like a ripoff, I would be okay with it. Just none of this content that blatantly feels like they cut it out of the original release.
>>
>>337191028
>>337191204
So basically, expansion packs?
>>
I beat a Ac 1, 2, 4, and 4a. Never even touched 5 or VD. Whats wrong with making more games like 4 and 4a? Or even slower paced ones like 1 and 2? Never played a bad AC game as far as i'm concerned, but i also never played them multiplayer. Got into the series really late
>>
>>337191204

Well, they already have been, more or less. The DLC for Dark Souls one and two, and for Bloodborne, has been more like expansions than just DLC, as well as being generally agreed to have the best design in any of the games. They haven't really gone for nickel-and-diming bullshit yet, so there's some hope, I think.
>>
>>337190494
You can play with robots from minute 1.
>>
>>337191536

That remains to be seen, but since I've never seen them blatantly pull something that was bad (minus Dark Souls 2's issues and Armored Core Ninebreaker) then I can give them a little leeway.
>>
File: N-WGIX.jpg (33 KB, 525x354) Image search: [Google]
N-WGIX.jpg
33 KB, 525x354
>>337191425
You should at least try VD, it's still some fun.
Plus this fucker is the final boss.
>>
>>337186903

We make For Answer 2 obviously.

t. Mosquito
>>
>>337191889
Fuck this mother fucker. I swear the only way to kill him is to spam ke verti missles. rifles and gats are too fucking inaccurate to keep up with his NEXTing
>>
>>337186903
make a new one for the ps4/pc
>>
File: 1460012222864.gif (307 KB, 392x498) Image search: [Google]
1460012222864.gif
307 KB, 392x498
post yfw from said they wanted to take a break from making souls games and revist their older mech games
>>
>>337188369
But who needs waifus when we have zinaida
>>
>>337187607
Controls work perfectly fine after you adjust, which takes maybe an hour at most. People who are shit at the games tend to blame the controls for their personal shortcomings.
>>
>>337192136
>Not punching him to death with bunkers
>>
>>337187205
>LR
>Difficult

Kek it was tedious and awful and had shit part balance
>>
>>337186903
Go back to the classic formula and ditch everything added in 4/FA/V/VD because they were all shit.
>>
>>337187607
But AC is one of the few console games that lets you bind inputs?
>>
File: [Overheats Internally].jpg (440 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
[Overheats Internally].jpg
440 KB, 800x800
I'm pretty sure all they need to do is make AC6 and have whoever localizes it NOT butcher the fucking thing for once. Ever since 4 every release has been fucked in one way or another for its western release.

Also
https://youtu.be/Ssx-aIVp41s
>>
File: 1329330736072.jpg (171 KB, 992x704) Image search: [Google]
1329330736072.jpg
171 KB, 992x704
>>337193267
I loved ACV aesthetically. But mostly because I love Front Mission, and they're basically Wanzers.
>>
Recreate Nexus. Seriously was a great point in the franchise - balanced gameplay, reasonable difficulty curve, the lot.
Multiplayer is ok but for the love of god don't make it the main meat of the game.
Add more character into the arena rivals.
>>
>>337193267
no. the quick boost, quick turn, back weapons without kneeling. all of that is needed.
>>
>>337194324
oh and removing heat buildup from boosting. heat weapons would be cool, and your radiator for dealing with those.
>>
Bring back Nineball
>>
Go back to 4A formula. The only time AC was good.
>>
You can't. The West HATES mecha as a whole and it will always be unfavorably compared to Transformers or Power Rangers, especially now that the Bay movies and the upcoming edgy PR movie are in the public conscious.
>>
>>337196018
All of the HD Armored Cores are terrible, much like your taste. PS1 and PS2 Armored Cores are the only good ones.
>>
>>337196018
>FAcucks
>>
>>337193210
LR was amazing. Stop spitting shit anon.
>>
>>337196018
4A was too fast and it took forever to kill anything. All the weapons were too weak and there was no feedback that you hit enemies. Plus 4A might have suffered the most from the AC problem:

>rifle
>stronger rifle
>best rifle

>machine gun
>machine gun with more ammo
>strongest machine gun

etc
>>
VD, but remove the scanning mode and make the multiplayer optional with both pvp and asynch territory control.

Also, PC release so the multiplayer stays alive
>>
>>337187807
I started off with Last Raven and 4/For Answer. I got fucked over when I started playing 3 but after a while I got gud and now I actually prefer it. Feels more like you're actually piloting a machine. Been playing Silent Line the most out of the entire franchise.
>>
>>337196270
It was amazing at being one of the worst armored core games.

>suicide weapons
>heat being worse than ever
>part balance being at an all time low
>part damage can rob you of a gun randomly for the entire mission, or make you walk like you're overweight
>OST wasn't even that great by AC standards
>multiple missions put you through a long segment of a billion MTs or suicide weapons, then throw a couple AC battles at you with no ammo refill
>a lot of the AI outright cheats, even worse than usual like Bullet Life, Daemon, Zinaida, etc
>removed OP-I
>made Evangel a faggot
>every single Internecine mission

Yeah no Anon, sorry. Your taste is just shit.
>>
>>337196018
It was brain-dead easy and every setup played the same. FA was there for newshits.
>>
What was that sidescrolling mecha game that came out on steam like a year ago?
>>
>>337196554
gigantic army? it has a sequel that i can't name off the top of my head
>>
>>337196476
Christ all that whining. LR was Nexus perfected. Saying that it was imbalanced is outright false since they completely tweaked it from Nexus and NB, including the heat. Missions are designed to provide challenge due to easier controls. Nexus was far too easy.

>actually butthurt about plussie shit
Lmao what a cuck.

The only thing sub-par was the subdued OST. It was still fitting though.

Keep bitching, your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>337196752
Yeah because being put on a battlefield that firehoses you in the face with hitstun-inducing suicide weapons that can destroy your parts and mess up your lock while against an AC that can fly forever and completely ignore said suicide weapons was fair, fun and balanced.

Being put through a long mission, fighting an AC, going through some more of the mission, and fighting another AC with some MTs also attacking you was balanced, too.

Every part being heavier and consuming more energy, machine guns being even more useless with their smaller clips, generators sucking dick all around unless you want the heaviest one, almost EVERY booster giving off more heat than the sun, and dual GASTs with micro missiles being the strongest combo was definitely good part balance.

Also,

>they made it that way so that must be the right way.

How about you grow a single functioning neuron before acting qualified to judge other opinions.
>>
>>337196731

Yeah, it was Steel Strider I was thinking of, made by the developers of gigantic army. Looks fun.
>>
>>337197350
>all that anal devastation|
Nigger stop crying. Don't be a bitch. LR was a nicely crafted and fair game. Play Nexus and you'll agree.

>Every part being heavier and consuming more energy
>spoiled bitch can't into energy management

>machine guns being even more useless with their smaller clips
You can beat most "difficult" bosses with the lightest PIXIE. Also the clips are the same, thousand bullets and all that.

>generators sucking dick all around unless you want the heaviest one, almost EVERY booster giving off more heat than the sun
>bitch once again can't into tuning
>forgetting that the best generator/radiator/booster combos are available in the shop from the very start

>micro missiles
>bitch can't into ECM pods

Anon, stop embarrassing yourself already.
>>
>>337189063
>not knowing how to dorifuto
>>
>>337189719
Because otherwise "where the fuck is the Raven during this shit" comes up, since several people he kicked the shit out of are still around.

fA's plot does directly follow out of 4, although with all the cut dialogue in English 4 it's hardly coherent anyways.
>>
>>337196478
That's weird, because rifle spam, railcannon sniping, and alpha jousting were sure not the same playstyle in my game.
>>
armored core is fine, but people are brain damaged so they don't like giant robots in general
>>
>>337196146
>The West
Mecha is dimming out in Japan as well.
>>
No more required multiplayer.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.