[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fallout wont open :/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: fallout.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
my fallout 3 wont run on my computer. ( i have the right hardware to run it). When i open up the launcher and press play it loads then the game never shows up. Any advice/tips?
>>
do you have mods? probably a load order issue if you do.
>>
>>337181091
no. no mods just bought it off steam yesterday
>>
>>337181181
hm. you could try deleting your .ini file in mydocuments. I can't see that being the issue but can't hurt to try it, you'll just have to redo your audio/video settings.
>>
>>337181352
yeah i put all the settings on low but they still didn't work
>>
this is a known bug, fallout 3 causes loads of problems on pc. Bethesda never fixed it. google the problem, could be fixable but you might just be fucked. tried to fix mine for months until it started working out of sheer luck
>>
File: 1461705936959.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461705936959.png
196 KB, 400x400
If you haven't un and reinstalled it yet, do that.

Does steam install and directX or other frameworks for FO3? If it does reinstalling the one's that came with it is also advised if reinstalling it doesn't work. These things happen anon, It'll be ok.
>>
>>337180928
did you read that FO3 is not friendly to window 7,8,10? you can run it but it will crash every fucking time. so if you want to play this game just run it on XP.
>>
what OS? did you do ANYTHING to the game files before starting?
>>
>>337181645
You know, i do remember seeing that. but im not a going to change my OS just to play a game... probably just going to get it on console i guess :/
>>
>>337181645
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

>>337180928

It plays just fine on Windows 7 and later, most people just have to do a couple fixes or download a file. I play it just fine on Windows 10. Just Google it. There are plenty of guides out there for each OS.
>>
>>337181970
windows 8
>>
>>337182584
thanks i will get on that right now
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.