[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of this chunky lesbian? No one played her so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
File: latest[1].png (314 KB, 725x652) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
314 KB, 725x652
What is the point of this chunky lesbian?
No one played her so I couldn't figure it out.

Her attacks suck, and require her to be hit to charge to medium damage.

She only was 400 health, 200 less than the other tanks.

Her shit shield only has 200 health and lasts for 2 seconds. What the shit?

Reinhardts shield has 1000 health and charges back to full in seconds. Roadhog can heal half his life every 8 seconds. Donkey Kong's bubble has 500 and lasts 5 seconds, and even D'va, who not supposed to be played as a tank can negate all projectiles for 3 seconds.

She's also slow as shit, just to kick you in the balls.
What does she even do?
>>
Best tank in the game.
>>
File: upboat.jpg (8 KB, 250x234) Image search: [Google]
upboat.jpg
8 KB, 250x234
>what does she even do
pander to sjw audience
>>
File: 1462891494413.jpg (266 KB, 1280x837) Image search: [Google]
1462891494413.jpg
266 KB, 1280x837
She's the only 3 stars tank, so it's no wonder brain dead retards like you wouldn't have no idea of how to play with it her.
>>
>>337156659
Which you accomplish by...?
>>
>>337156362
Her shields power her weapon up but don't last long. Once powered. mortar shots on enemy areas work well. Get her Ult, build up some power, and then bombard the shit out of the enemies caught in it for easy kills.

I understand how she works and all but I don't like her playstyle.
>>
>>337157064
So she's useless until her ultimate powers up?

Because she can't go one on one with anyone normally.
>>
Strongfat is best fat.
>>
>>337158692
No, she's useless until her weapon charges to full

the ult just makes her slightly more deadly

emphaisis on slightly

I love her but god damn, the shield needs a buff -- either make it last longer or decrease cooldowns

According to earlier reports, she did have lower cooldowns to start, and they nerfed it -- so probably just make them last longer, I guess.
>>
>>337158692
I'm not sure why they made her a tank. At best, she's a defense role, since she's a great supplement to another tank like Rein or Road. She's useless by herself though. I know I don't know how to play her that well but she's got zero use alone. I can do more work alone as a squishy hero.
>>
to be raped.

bull dykes deserve to be prostrated and fucked like dogs in the middle of the street

>>337158858
you tell em sister
>>
File: 1376049901071.png (68 KB, 286x268) Image search: [Google]
1376049901071.png
68 KB, 286x268
>>337156362
Dude, she is ridiculously good actually. Just nobody wants to play her because she has pink hair and isn't slim.

Her damage starts out mediocre, but it's boosted by her shields. If you go with the shield-boost, she just fucking MELTS people down. The alt-fire also does incredible damage considering how many people you can hit at the same time. Keep in mind that her regular fire CANNOT be dodged, since it's not just hitscan, but continual damage. (Also can't be reflected by Genji.)

She's also got 200 shields, which regenerate on their own, this makes her very durable and suitable for skirmishing. That being said, you can't expect her to face-tank everything. She's more like a heavy version of Soldier in that way.

The shield can also save your team members (if you're any good that is) Say Reinhart charges one of your dudes, and that does 300 damage. With the shield, you can almost negate that damage, while it would have been certain death normally.

Her ultimate is also pretty crazy for team wiping, though she needs her team to react to it obviously.

She's also no slower than any other character, save Lucio, Genji and Tracer, so the "slow" complaint is just moronic.
>>
>>337156659
please explain friend :^)
>>
>>337159360
She's the single tankiest tank in the game. You should be always drawing fire onto yourself and timing your shields right to save you and your teammate's lives as well as harassing and juggling enemies with your right clicks
>>
I mained her through the beta and had a blast.

Her damage at high energy is pretty insane.

Her shields give crowd control immunity pretty much on demand. About to be frozen by Mei? Pop a shield. Get grabbed by Roadhog? Pop a shield.

This works for allies too.

Obviously skilled players will try not to damage your shield, but heroes with non-hitscan weapons won't have a choice. You can also put yourself in situations that force them to damage the shield.

She's strongest on Koth where you can just run in spam shields to 100 energy almost instantly and start annihilating everything. She's also pretty awesome at moving the cart on payload.
>>
File: 1458783888538.jpg (29 KB, 285x357) Image search: [Google]
1458783888538.jpg
29 KB, 285x357
>get full energy
>not sure if i should use the beam or the mortar
>>
>better range
>best Ult among tanks
>shields can protect from other ults
>200 shields that counts toy regenerate
I don't see a problem here except the high room of error for her weapon at close range
>>
>>337159637
I really don't agree from the time I've played her. Even deploying shields and drawing attention to myself did little to help me survive. Once the bubble pops, I'd be dead with little charge to show for it, even if someone stupidly when full-force on it.

I just don't like her. If I'm gonna tank, I'll stick to Roadhog or Reinhardt. They're much more fun and I can accomplish a lot more with them.
>>
>>337159939
Depends on the enemy/situation. Genji and tanks you want to use the beam.

If there's more than one target or you need to play defensively then start lobbing purple.
>>
>>337159575
Her shields last for a very short time, which means you need to activate them at just the right moment. If you do get to 100 charge though, she kills a standard 200 HP character in less than 2 seconds with her beam. People just can't handle her.

Also, she's one of the FEW characters who can bitchslap the cowboy dude at melee range. His unload skill just powers up your attack instead of instagibbing you, and the regular shields just regenerate.

Honestly, people just don't understand how to play her. (3 stars is a bit silly, because she's not THAT complex, but just goes to show how dumb people are.)

>>337159939
Depends on the situation obviously. Beam for single targets, nade for multiple enemies or to knock people around.

>>337160029
>drawing attention to myself did little to help me survive
That makes no sense anon. This isn't WoW, you're not supposed to just TAKE hits. Fact of the matter is that she's better at skirmishing, that is weaving in and out of combat to help her regenerate her shields. (I mean god damn, this is like fucking COD, how hard can it be?)
>>
>>337160158
>>337160281
but i feel like the mortar does better single target damage than even the beam
>>
>>337156659
>no balls
>stubby clit dick.

Zarya confirmed ftm roider.
>>
>>337160281
>pop bubble to absorb damage
>move to "safety"
>chased down and killed consistently

Like I said, I'll just stick with the tanks I can do work with. She's no good to me.
>>
>>337158692
>she can't go one on one with anyone normally
How wrong can one man be? Aside from long-ranged characters, there are very few who can beat her 1v1, and even at range, she can just duck into cover and regen her shields.
>>
>>337156362
>She's also slow as shit

Every character in the game without a movement ability is slow as shit, every single character expect for tracer and genji moves at the same speed.
>>
>>337156362
her shield blocks infinite amount of damage though

like dva ult wont kill a ally or yourself if you shield before it explodes the extra damage doesn't go into your health
>>
>>337160434
They're pretty close but the beam is more reliable and ammo efficient, especially against tanks.

Honestly I think my main weakness during the beta was that I didn't use the beam as much as I should have.
>>
>>337156362
>it's another anon that haven't figured out how shield/hp/armour relate

To be fair they did a piss poor job of explaining it but it has been a week.
>>
>>337160564
>at the same speed

they're definitely going to change that
>>
>>337156362

She's like a support, she doles out shields but the shields are stupid short

Her damage is ass, though. Along with Winston, my least favorites Tanks
>>
>>337160725

Her damage is pure shit at 0 energy. At 100 energy she easily outdamages every other tank and most heroes in the game for that matter.
>>
>>337160725
You can use her shield to complettly absorb stuff like tracer ult and d.va ulti.
>>
I couldn't play her just because she looks so damn stupid. at least make her attractive like the rest of the cast.
>>
>>337160434
You're wrong then. Beam deals more damage, but you obviously have to aim it at the head to be effective.

>>337160539
Well, if you just don't understand how to skirmish, I understand. You can't "tank" any entire enemy team bearing down on you, no, but stick with your team and it's fine. She's not supposed to be played like Reinhart.

>>337160653
Negative, it only absorbs 200 damage. But that's more than enough for most cases, and people forget how much damage she gets from the charge.

>>337160678
Doesn't change the fact that during this beta, she wasn't any slower than the average character.

>>337160725
>Her damage is ass
Here we go again. Another idiot who doesn't realize how much damage she can deal.
>>
>>337156362
SJW pandering
>>
>>337161019
Skirmishing is a simple thing but now you're just being an antagonistic cunt so fuck right off.
>>
I blame the retards from wow, they all assume "tank" = sit there and eat damage all day long. Same reason why people think Winston is shit, they just don't use him like you're supposed to.
>>
File: tumblr_o6uy44wpcF1tibkx1o1_500.jpg (111 KB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6uy44wpcF1tibkx1o1_500.jpg
111 KB, 500x556
>>337156505
This
>paired with best girl
>>
I wanna hate fuck her
>>
>can perform clutch saves with the shield by timing it right to block enemy ults and ambushes
>can achieve huge damage at high charge levels
>can soak a good amount of damage in between trips to cover, since half her hit points just regenerate

G E T
O
O
D
>>
>>337161315
badly.
>>
>>337161207
Quit being so bumsore. Try her again when the game launches, and give her a real chance this time around. I guarantee you she's very good when played correctly.

>>337161270
100 charge + Mercy damage beam = melt people down in like 1 second flat. It's pretty insane.
>>
>>337161019
>Negative, it only absorbs 200 damage. But that's more than enough for most cases, and people forget how much damage she gets from the charge.

No I'm right it absorbs 200 or 400 on ally but if they take over 200 or 400 in 1 hit from a headshot or ultimate like DVA/Junkrat it doesn't do any damage to their health
>>
>No one played her
You sure you not blind?
>>
>>337160653
This, it makes you invincible, you suffer zero damage
>>
>>337161581
this, extra damage from a single attack does not bleed through. you can save people from single, high damage attacks like d.va and tracer ults.
>>
>>337156362

She has the highest damage capacity of all the tanks, and if you dip out of a fight after losing shields they come right back.
>>
>>337156362
>right click all day
>ult then right click some more while people are stuck in said ult
>player of the game
>>
she is great at shielding people about to unload their alt, putting the shield on pharah for example as she is about to unload and she will most certainly catch fire from someone, which the shield absorbs and you are at full charge.
>>
>>337161581
>>337161754
Sweet, I didn't know that.
>>
>>337161819
This, and the way she uses her shields and can bounce people around means she has the best survivability as well as dealing the most damage.

In other words she's the best.
>>
>>337161019
>she wasn't any slower than the average character.

I'm comparing her to the other tanks.

Winston has his jump, and D'va is the fastest mover in the game, she's outpaced horizontally by Tracer, but her verticality means she will always reach the other side of the map first.

Reinhardt is meant to be the slowest though to make up for his uber defence, but even he can charge.
>>
>these people will never know the glory of a 100% charged graviton surge into mortar shots
>>
>>337162470
>and D'va is the fastest mover in the game

Pharah is faster.
>>
The point of her shield is more to charge up her power, if you are good you can basically make her weapons instakill people.
>>
She just needs a tweak or two in order for me to be willing to play as her, since I really dig her playstyle.
>make shields last a touch longer
>make her charge decrease slower
>increase 0 charge base damage, but keep max damage the same
>reduce shield cooldowns
>increase max health
I wouldn't want all of these things since that would make her way OP, but just something to make her a bit more palatable.
>>
>>337156362
if they just changed the hair she'd be way more popular
>>
she's fine, ya'll just fucking garbage.
I understand its hard to play around cooldowns coming from cowadoody and battlefield but welcome to the show.
>>
>>337163201
This, she's great and satisfying to play
>>
I had the easiest times tanking as her. She can just stand on payload, not giving a fuck. Reinhardt comes close, but he gets bullied too easily.

Other tanks melt quick compared to them. I liked Roadhog, but he works better as a wanderer/off-tank.
>>
Stomped pubs with her pretty handily. Idk how she would do against skilled teams

>see a riptire coming, shield through it, proceed to rape with high energy
>see Dva drop mech, shield through it, proceed to rape with high energy
>your bubbles break CC; proceed to rape all Meis with impunity
>see Reaper/Pharah/Mcree ult, shield the inevitable headshot, they wipe the other team
>advance through widowmaker headshots with no HP damage taken
>melting 250hp characters in 3 seconds, and any damage they did comes right back
>Genji literally doesn't know what the fuck is happening to him as he dies
>Gravity bomb means people cant run away or unclump from Reaper/Dva ult, or Junkrat/Pharah in general; alternatively 2-3 high energy balls will kill everything stuck in it
>etc, etc, etc

There are countless uses for the bubbles, you just need to use your brain and have semi-decent prediction.

Here's hoping they reduce the bubble cooldown; probably a little too long as it is.
>>
>>337163612
anyone know off the top of their head what her alternate skins look like?
I just realized that I didn't look at them the entire beta
>>
>>337156659
Is it weird that now I want to see those two fuck
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (358 KB, 700x938) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
358 KB, 700x938
>>337165007
It also comes in red and helmet
>>
>>337165007
There are two versions of goth cyperpunk like this >>337165287, just in different colours, and her other one has her in full siberian gear, she looks like a tall mei with goggles and an ushanka.

Zarya got absolutely shafted when it came to outfits and looks, no character came off worse.
>>
>>337165578
the full winter gear looks so shit i'm concidering just getting the "legendary" skins.
It's good to know the shield only holds 200 damage. now i just need to learn how far away i can reach with the beam
>>
File: Zarya_Arctic.jpg (53 KB, 466x722) Image search: [Google]
Zarya_Arctic.jpg
53 KB, 466x722
>>337165287
>>337165578
I may be biased as I generally like the winter war theme but I really like this skin. That being said, I really wish they release a mech skin for her.
>>
>>337165925
Yeah that looks alright actually.
>>
>>337165872
Considering how short the shields last, they are practically invincible considering damage that goes over the shield's limit isn't applied to normal health.
>>
>>337165925
>>337165287

sweet fucking jesus
it's like they wanted people to not play her
>>
>>337166062
agreed. i just need to git gud. had fun the last few days with her and will definetly try to git gut after release
>>
File: 1462908176361[1].jpg (181 KB, 1500x762) Image search: [Google]
1462908176361[1].jpg
181 KB, 1500x762
>>337166108
It's amazing that someone with such a niche and unappealing haircut managed for all her alt skins to be EVEN WORSE.

I'd honestly pay a shekel or two for something like this
>>
File: 1462909638125[1].png (843 KB, 915x762) Image search: [Google]
1462909638125[1].png
843 KB, 915x762
>>337166416
or even this
>>
>>337166416
I think she would've been great if they just gave her a buzzcut and more rugged face to with her military background.
>>
>>337156362

one of the most fun and rewarding characters to play, especially if you know how to use her shields to full advantage

also does anyone have the "what i played, what i expected, what i got" picture for her?
>>
>No one played her so I couldn't figure it out.
then play her yourself? how hard would that be?

she's an absolute monster and my favorite tank to have on the team, specially if we're attacking
>>
>>337166913
pretty hard since the beta is over
>>
>>337166913
She's not really a tank though. And by this I mean that she can solo push a cart against a competent team. Paired with Rein or Road however she becomes a beast.
>>
>>337166517
boner
>>
If her weapon hits maximum charge, her damage goes through the fucking roof. 100% damage increase.

Just make sure you apply shields to people about to take heavy damage, apply them to yourself and jump into damaging attacks- you become a killing machine.
>>
>>337156362
She is better than any shit player playing offense heroes and barely hit their target
>>
>>337167163
>She's not really a tank though.

She is absolutely a tank. Her main responsibility is soaking up damage from the enemy team.

Do you even know what a tank is?
>>
File: 1404357583732.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1404357583732.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>use ult and drag full team to one point
>friendly pharah jumps and ults
>decimated entire team
>>
>>337168081
She can take a beating but she's in no way as durable as Winston or Reinhardt and will fall relatively quickly when her shields are not up.
>>
>>337166742
A buzzcut would be neat.
>>
she should have a "the weak should fear the strong" line
>>
>>337168745
more muscle means more POWER
>>
>>337168293
>two ults to kill maybe 3 people tops

wew, lad
>>
>>337158858
well said broseph
>>
>enemy team hiding behind bastions/torbjorns
>get fully charged because they can't resist shooting at anything that moves
>drop your big fat balls all over their faces
>any stragglers get quake 3 lightning gunned

she's honestly the only character I can legitimately carry a team of absolute shitters with. Also good with friends because they are worth shielding and actually capitalize on my ult.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.