[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't be the only one that's hyped.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
I can't be the only one that's hyped.
>>
>>337137834
Fuck off shill >>337137685
>>
>>337137834
Pretty sure this is a troll thread like every NMS thread these days but I'll bite

I personally want to play it, it looks fucking awesome. People who slag it off are those who can't even take two seconds to read about or watch videos of what it's actually about.
>>
I've already pre-ordered it OP. Fuck the haters
>>
>>337137892
This, how dare someone talk about an upcoming game on the videogame board
>>
I would be if it wasn't sixty fucking dollars

I would buy it for maybe 30 max

it just doesn't seem like it has enough content
>>
>>337138815
>complaining about price
You know it's going to be on GOG, right?
>>
Even if the games good there is no way it can live up to the hype
>>
The game is going to be a massive turd, no one wants to visit empty different colored planets, get over it
>>
>>337138964
What hype?

It's not Hello Games' fault that Sony is making a huge thing out of it. All they've tried to do is explain what the game is and they have always been honest about it, Sean Murray always tells people how they are literally a team of just 10 (or I think it's 12 now) and most games have like 800 people working on them

Hello Games obviously saw this exclusive deal with Sony and realised it would make great business sense so why not go for it?

Basically what I'm saying is that if you have more than one single brain cell, you will be able to understand this game for what it is, instead of being persuaded by whatever "hype" some retards on the internet might give it
>>
>>337138060
It's a first person survival game. Shoot, loot, upgrade. It's been done. 50 brazilian planets is its only hook and from what I've seen not a very good one.
>>
Game is literally going to be the spore of this generation.
>>
>>337138946
Implying it'll be easily pirateable?

I mean, I guess. I just think it's a dumb idea to price it like that.
>>
>>337139808
not nearly enough hype
>>
If we were living in a proper cyberpunk dystopia with better vr gear I'd say this could make for a good full dive, but it's like 20 years too soon
>>
>>337139707
>survival
Not really because as soon as you die you just respawn

It's a exploration game with RPG elements

>50 brazilian planets is its only hook
Literally it's not
>>
File: 1462578170131.jpg (42 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1462578170131.jpg
42 KB, 500x336
What do you do in the game?
Seriously?
>You can fly to planets
Okay. Basic movement.
>You can shoot rocks
Basic shooting controls
>You can craft X
A feature in every game these days
>You can name planets
<<text input>>

I don't get it. It is a neat engine. But there is barely any "game".
>>
>>337140603
Exploration and discovering the unknown. That pretty much what when looking past all the hype and marketing is going to be this games main selling point.

If your not into that then thats fine and not many people are given as to how tje game is being marketed without what i mentioned above being the main focus.

Its just like in xenoblade chronicles x where admitly the "main" story mode of the game was somewhat lackluster but actually going out amd about and exploreing the game world was super fun and interesting for those that are into that type of stuff.
>>
>>337141167
Exploration should be supplemented. Minecraft let's you build Lego houses and it is fun to explore. This is just walking simulator. You will quickly see everything
>>
>>337140603
The main objective of the game is to travel to the centre of the galaxy

In order to do that you have to upgrade your weapons / ship / items

There are several alien races in the game (NPCs) who sell you this stuff. To get better deals with them, you can learn about them and learn their language from ancient runes and stuff (I don't know if this is *necessary* though)

>>337141341
>Minecraft let's you build Lego houses and it is fun to explore.
And in No Man's Sky you buy better ships, you upgrade your weapons, you buy new suits so you can visit inhospitable planets (which will be necessary to visit on your journey to the centre of the universe).

If you're not into that, fine, whatever

I think the best way to understand the game is a mashup of GTA, Destiny, and KoToR. If you think about it KoToR doesn't have especially fun gameplay (you literally just select different options for speech and attack) but it's a good game because you're progressing on a journey and it's got an engaging story. And I think NMS will be like that. The story won't be as in depth, and it doesn't have a traditional narrative. But you learn more about this universe and the different NPC alien races as you advance towards the centre.
>>
>>337142086

Sounds shitty. This will flop worse than my nuts do
>>
>>337137892
this

>>337138697
threads already here
>>337136167

reported and hidden
>>
>>337137834

>open universe survival game
>collect resources
>scan environments
>no multiplayer
>no base building
>procedural world
>$60

No you arent but I can guarantee its going to disappoint half the people who buy it at launch

IF there was multiplayer they'd have something.
>>
>>337143327
>reported
Hahahahahahaha oh jesus fucking christ. Your tears are so fucking delicious

You do realise that announcing your reports is bannable, right?
>>
>>337137834
You are. So stop shilling.
>>
File: 1417822969933.jpg (297 KB, 2000x1428) Image search: [Google]
1417822969933.jpg
297 KB, 2000x1428
>>337137834
>no cars
DROPED
R
O
P
E
D
>>
File: sub_header3.jpg (83 KB, 1080x139) Image search: [Google]
sub_header3.jpg
83 KB, 1080x139
I love the art style and colors. Not sure about paying $60 for it.
>>
I am hyped. Leave it to /v/ to shit on every new game, even though there aren't any decent games out. I hype for anything playable
>>
>>337138946
>>337139835

Wont you still have to be online to play? Just asking because the game is supposed to share major changes in the world with other player?
>>
>>337137834
Yes, you're the only one getting paid to be hyped.
>>
File: lal.png (23 KB, 166x200) Image search: [Google]
lal.png
23 KB, 166x200
>>337142086
>I think the best way to understand the game is a mashup of GTA, Destiny, and KoToR
I hope they're paying you a shitload for this
>>
>>337145484
No, theres no real multiplayer other than "oh this space station is destroyed wonder who did that" or finding planet dickbutt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM
>So you are saying that if my firend travels to the same place I'm at we could play together for a while?
>No.
>Thats not what the game is about, when you talk about multiplayer it gives the wrong impression. Like I said thats NOT what were trying to build and not what people should be thinking about going into the game.

Asynchronous multiplayer needs to die.
>>
File: [disdain intensifies].png (97 KB, 298x240) Image search: [Google]
[disdain intensifies].png
97 KB, 298x240
I was interested in this when it was announced but as far as I can tell this is basically the game:

>go to planet
>name planet
>look at animals on planet
>shoot rocks to get fuel
>go to new planet
>repeat

Of course you can't kill the animals, or shoot too many rocks because then the omnipotent Intergalactic No Fun Police will turn up and throw you in space jail or kill you or whatever.

They are trying to get people hyped about the centre of the universe but that just sounds like that Peter Molyneux Cube thing from a few years back which turned out to be nothing.
>>
File: joe_danger_the_movie-1942658.jpg (127 KB, 862x1700) Image search: [Google]
joe_danger_the_movie-1942658.jpg
127 KB, 862x1700
I hope someone goes turbo speed and names every planet fast enough to either figure out the big secret or DDoS the servers.
>>
>>337146790
You forgot the faction system where you need to learn their language by finding runes. That way you can trade with NPCS or make enemies
>>
>>337147101
Oh yeah.

I just get major Spore vibes from this game.
>>
>>337145484
You don't have to be online to play, but obviously you have to be online to encounter other people, and to see their changes in the universe (named species and such)

>>337146026
GOD FORBID PEOPLE LIKE GAMES ON THE GAMES BOARD, LMAO, ROFLKEK, ROFLCOPTER, LOLOCAUST, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

>>337146091
>No, theres no real multiplayer other than "oh this space station is destroyed wonder who did that" or finding planet dickbutt.
And encountering other people, that's a form of multiplayer as well.
>Asynchronous
It's synchronous.
>>
>>337146790
>go to planet
>name planet
>look at animals on planet
>shoot rocks to get fuel
>go to new planet
>repeat
But there is a purpose, which is to get to the centre of the galaxy. It's not just meaningless wandering. Unless you want to do that.
>Intergalactic No Fun Police
They're not on every planet.
>They are trying to get people hyped about the centre of the universe
I don't think they're "trying to get people hyped" about it, they're just answering the questions in interviews. I think it does provide some sort of conclusion to the story though, from what they've said.
>>
Pre ordered on GOG a few days ago
>>
>>337148148
I think this is going to be an interesting technological achievement but I don't see how it's going to work as a piece of entertainment.
>>
>>337147920
>It's synchronous.
I have multiple interviews backing my claims up, wheres your proof bud
>>
>>337148370
The entertainment is derived from discovering this universe, the story and lore about the alien races (NPCs, *not* procedurally generated), upgrading your equipment, and reaching the centre of the galaxy.

It doesn't have a strictly structured narrative so if that's what you're after then play something else. But there is a backstory, a "lore" as they keep describing it, to the universe, and to the NPC alien races who you interact with. And you learn that as the game goes on.
>>
>>337149179
You don't because it's synchronous. I'm not doing your fucking dirty work. Go and watch the interviews and you will see he says EXACTLY what I have said.

He has said NUMEROUS times that you will see other players if you run into them

When asked whether you can see yourself in the game, he has always said "no, but other players can see you". I guess you might be able to see yourself reflected in water, but otherwise it will only be other players who run into you who will be able to see you

You don't have interviews to back up what you're saying because what you're saying is wrong. As I explained, when he said "no" to the question of whether you can meet up and play with your friends, he means that there is no dedicated multiplayer system. You can't play a deathmatch. And also finding ANYBODY in the game is extremely unlikely. But that doesn't mean it's asynchronous. It's synchronous as he has said.
>>
>>337149590
>if im on a planet and my friend goes there to try and find me will he be able to
>NO

I'm done. Have fun in your empty repeating sandbox
>>
>>337137834
spore the explorer
>>
>>337137834
this shit is still not out ? I want to give it a try, waiting for the pirate version.
>>
File: your-tears.jpg (94 KB, 720x998) Image search: [Google]
your-tears.jpg
94 KB, 720x998
>>337149787
Your tears are so fucking delicious
>>
>universe will take 500 billion years to fully explore
>cant do it with a bud

literally why
>>
>>337152192
How exactly would that make it better? If you want to play a multiplayer game go and play Call of Duty. Or go and play an MMO. This game isn't an MMO. Fuck off back to Warcraft. Personally I can't stand that kind of game but if you like it then go ahead and play it.
>>
I just want this shit to come out and flop. I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm tired of people genuinely believing the marketers. "There is 600 gorillion planets, it'd take 15 eternities to find them all!" It's going to have zero fucking gameplay and will be fun for 2 hours.
>>
>inb4 you just quick travel between different colored planets
>>
>>337152853

>He's so paranoid he thinks people are actually marketing it on /v/

They've been posting the same shit daily for weeks on end because it gets an easy reaction out of /v/
>>
>>337152853
>marketers
I haven't read anything by "marketers".
I've just watched reviews between Sean Murray and different games journalists.
>>337153129
There are wormhole type things that you can use to jump across the galaxy but they're very rare. Otherwise you have to fly. But you have a hyperdrive which allows you to jump between star systems (as you upgrade it, you can reach further star systems). In that sense there is quick travelling I suppose.
>>337153202
This
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.