[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 8th generation of video games. Does it suck? http://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
The 8th generation of video games.

Does it suck?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10177178
>>
>paid online
>still no 60fps 1080p
>remasters
>ps4.5
>buggy as fuck releases

This is just a shitty remaster of last gen
>>
>>337134885
>This is just a shitty remaster of last gen
It's almost like there is no new generation. I keep waiting for the 8th gen to start, but it's still not here.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>337134451
No one seems to care about this game and I don't blame them. It's massively overrated. $60 for a 12 hour game is way too much.
>>
>>337138052
You know this and Bloodborne is the reason people buy PS4s right?
>>
>>337138052
Yea because who goes online to play death match any more right...
>>
> pretty damn good
> 22%

explain yourselves

we are ranking this in comparison to past gens right? in which case its awful. the amount of games being released is like 1/5th of what it was before, and new IPs are non existant
>>
>>337138753
They're rusing for a hilarious laugh.

There isn't a single soul out there who truly, legitimately believes that the eighth generation is good, or even passable, except drooling sheep who buy whatever IGN tells them to at full price.
>>
souls games were possible last gen

Witcher 3 is the only example of a good 8th gen game
>>
>>337139204
>Witcher 3 is the only example of a good 8th gen game
This. Wild Hunt is the only great 8th gen. game. This generation blows.
>>
File: GTA 4 Euphoria Physics Engine.gif (2 MB, 338x237) Image search: [Google]
GTA 4 Euphoria Physics Engine.gif
2 MB, 338x237
Probably the worst generation if you don't count the atari videogame crash.

The industry is slowly degenerating further and further downwards until nobody is going to like vidya anymore except for the average normies who don't think for themselves and go to see every Transformers movie on opening night.
>>
>>337134451
Most of the really hyped up games are either continuations of previous titles, remasters, or clones of different popular titles. Video game originality in the AAA industry is all but dead.
>>
File: Fido.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Fido.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
>>337140882
>The industry is slowly degenerating further and further downwards until nobody is going to like vidya anymore except for the average normies who don't think for themselves and go to see every Transformers movie on opening night.
The entire entertainment medium is heading this way.

Music sucks.
Vidya games blow.
TV shows are starting to resemble movies, and the movies all suck.

The conclusion? People are becoming more stupid. They settle for mediocrity.
>>
i mean, its hit and miss since 5th generation, and it gets progressively harder to hit with every year, and this gen is already in morrowind combat levels of hit and miss
>>
To everyone who voted positive in the poll: "This board is for users 18 and older."
>>
>>337134451
/v/ probably isn't the best place to get data from. Most people here a such jaded pricks.
>>
>>337138052
Way to respond to the fucking thread. It isn't about Uncharted. Christ almighty. Does anyone here have any form of reading comprehension?

>>337134451
Personally, I still think it is a little early to fully judge it, but I've found plenty of games to keep me fully satisfied. So I don't believe that it 'sucks', and it is only going to get better from here.
>>
I love this gen. So many great games that cater to everybodys taste and you can play a lot of worthwhile games on every console.
Personally I really think we are in a golden age of gaming.
>>
>>337134451
It's total garbage, only new games somewhat worth playing are indies. Faggots everywhere, paid dlcs, amiibos, paid mods etc, garbage. Most importantly very few decent games.
>>
>>337138753
New IPs are near non existent because of people like those found on 4chan. New IP is almost company fucking suicide. Everyone says they want some thing new and different. So a company puts its' neck out there and tries something new and people don't fucking buy it. Game costs are just going up and up, and people are becoming more and more entitled by the day.
>>
>>337134451
>MGSV
>DS3
>Witcher 3
>Doom
Don't care about the rest. Nothing is innovative or interesting. We are moving more and more forward a "GAME-MOVIE" experience. Doom will probably be 6/10.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.