[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dueling a guy in Ds3 >pretty intense fight >Im using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11
File: 20160426233213_1.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160426233213_1.jpg
488 KB, 1920x1080
>Dueling a guy in Ds3
>pretty intense fight
>Im using twin princes greatsword
>he's using some big 2handed fire machete
>both getting low
>hit him and he gets within range of death
>he swaps out to estoc and spam r1's me

Is there a scummier thing to do? that and running away and using black crystal

Also Ds3 PvP stories thread
>>
>>337117783

Not your blog. Fuck off to the general shitter.
>>
>expecting honor in geek call of duty
don't know what to tell you, bruh. you wouldn't get shit like this in demon souls, but that was an entirely different fan base of brothers.

dark souls is normie mainstream tier, so you'll get the bong bros looking to cheat and do whatever it takes to win.
>>
What's that sword?
>>
What is scummy about switching to a faster weapon for the final blow? It's pretty much what every good heavy 2hander does in PVP.
>>
>>337117876
thanks for the bump, tiger.

>>337117993
It's just worse because of no poise, these light weapons staggering you 24/7 is bullshit
>>
>>337118057
Carthus curved sword
>>
>>337118380
And here I was hoping to find a normal looking curved sword that didn't have shit scaling. B-back to scimitar/falchion.
>>
>>337117783
>not using at least 2 different weapons
>whining like a little niggerfaggot when getting rekt by smart players
>>
>>337118250
Yeah, this is standard OP. Get you down with big hunk of metal, finish you off with needle.
>>
If you can't deal with R1 spamming you suck faggot. You lost and he won without cheating.
>>
>>337118602
>abusing no skill broken weapons

You use the dark sword, don't you anon
>>
File: scraping-spear-on-hand.jpg (57 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
scraping-spear-on-hand.jpg
57 KB, 400x357
>>337117993
>you wouldn't get shit like this in demon souls

hahahahahaha fuck off retard
>>
>>337118493
It's pretty good with a sharp gem
>>
>>337118778
>abusing no skill broken weapons

Literally git gud whiny cunt.
>>
>>337118932
>says git gud
>can't win without broken weapons

I don't think you understand, anon
>>
Do I need to be embered for the Darkmoon covenant to work or is it just broken? Tried to get summons last night for an hour but all I got were just multiple Aldritch faithfuls invading me the whole time.
>>
>>337119046
No, git gud because you can't deal with R1 Estoc spammers and Dark Sword abusers. It's really easy to parry them. If you have to go on 4chan and shitpost about broken game, you might as well end yourself.
>>
>>337117993
>implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXe6pk2zV5g

inb4 people rage over blatant satire
>>
>>337117783
>scummier thing to do?

Sounds like you're complaining.

meanwhile some animal is killing itself because it got grazed on an innocent looking leaf that even makes masochists rethink about their orgasm inducing painful lifestyle.

tl;dr deal with it
>>
>>337119240
Mate this is board is for /v/idya, none of this pseudo-intellectual bullshit
>>
>>337117783
Switching weapons is scummy now?

Fucking christ, you MUH HONOR faggots make up the most retarded shit.
>>
>>337119240
Pls explain
>>
>>337118493
Carthus Curved Sword has better range, innate bleed, and more scaling than the Falchion at +10. There is literally no reason to ever use the Falchion this game. Scimitar at least has a different moveset and is passable as Sharp.
>>
>>337120209
It's the fact that it was a close duel and he had to ruin by swapping to the memestoc, if he swapped to a scyth or curved sword of some kind I wouldn't have minded.
>>
>>337120562

Why? Because Scythes are shit and you can outrange curved swords to win it? Instead he used a weapon that is faster than yours and you couldn't fucking cope?
>>
>>337120562
>>the memestoc
>blaming weapon for his incompetence

Estoc is completely viable option.
>>
>>337120674
No they were examples, you complete autist
>>
Ever since I stocked up on Lloyd's Talismans I haven't lost a single invasion.

Remember in DaS1 where invaders couldn't heal through normal means so they had to be smart and try to ambush you, using the environment or a pack of enemies to their advantage? Things were more interesting back then.
>>
>>337117783
>dueling
Was it really a duel or an invasion.
If it was an invasion, just let it og, you fucking faggot.
If it was a "honoraburu duer", just laugh it off and request a friendly rematch, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>337117993
>honor is not switching weapons
>>337117783
>being such a shitter you can't deal with a one of the most popular arms.
>>
>>337118493
it has b/b scaling. Its pretty good weapon.
>>
>>337120562
This has been a thing since forever. Since Dark Souls 1 people have been using Estocs and Washing poles to get in the last hit(s). Especially the Washing pole on runners. The sprinting R1 on that has always been the go-to for a lot of players to hit runners or just finish off someone's last bit of health in a duel. I'm sorry this is your first souls game and a normal method of finishing people off has been ruined by shitters who spread "Estoc OP" because they suck.
>>
>>337121657
It was a duel outside sully's room, hence the scum factor
>>
Wouldn't be a problem if they turned on poise
>>
>>337117783
>that and running away and using black crystal

I don't understand why people do this

I was invaded by a Dark Sword R1 spammer, he kept running back to the nearest enemy when his hp was low only to drink estus, and when he ran out he immediately crystalled out.

Literally the pussiest thing you can do in this game as an invader
>>
Low-level PvP is the best it's ever been. Chaotic gank squads are hilarious, and fights usually last quite long at low levels. I did mostly dueling in DaS2 but I've made almost a dozen twink characters at different level ranges for invasions and I've been having a blast for the past couple weeks. I'm glad they added weapon upgrade scaling to balance out the twink factor since it was a shitshow in the past two games. I had a character spam invading Belfry Luna in DaS2 with two +10 poison claws and it was just fucking retarded; no way for anyone to fight against that at ~SL40.
>>
File: 1412274614177.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1412274614177.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>337122563
I've crystaled out a few times when I used a divine blessing against a gank squad and knew I was going to die anyways. I don't usually care that much but given all the scummy shit I've seen hosts do, I wouldn't begrudge an invader for not wanting to give them the satisfaction
>>
>>337120562
Use hyper armor to guarantee 2 hits on the estoc spammer, it's not hard
>>
Is there a way to remove the embers when you have chameleon on? How am I supposed to be sneaky when it's so obvious?
>>
>>337123227
Untrue dark ring
>>
>>337123380
Doesn't work
>>
File: 26033.png (4 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
26033.png
4 KB, 210x230
How do I into magic in ds3?
>inb4 you don't
>>
>>337124673
Prepare yourself to struggle a lot in early game, after a few bosses you can totaly cheese the game, like in previous souls
>>
>mfw someone tries to rapier poke me while i'm using a great club
>>
>>337124673
Use farron flashsword, it's pretty quick
>>
>>337124673
Pyromancy counts as magic right
>>
>>337124673
Use Raw weapons for early game and focus on INT and atleast 24 ATT. try to complete Leonhards questline for his weapon or use the Crystal sage rapier or w/e its called.
>>
>>337125039
Pyro could be fun, you just have to play melee until you find the pyro guy in undead settlement.
>>
Posting everywhere because fuck you

I'm here with a public service announcement: Road of Sacrifices with Dried Fingers and a couple stalwart phantoms at your side is the best fucking thing ever. Assuming it doesn't immediately devolve into a quagmire where enemies show up faster than you can can kill them [this will happen often, it's fun, but you probably won't get much PvE done] there's a huge road to follow on your way to Abyss Watchers. So long as you keep rubbing those dried fingers, your game will feel like a journey into hostile territory full of bandits and farron legions fighters.

I can safely say this is probably the most enjoyable thing to do in the whole game in my book. I was playing a Paladin build and had multiple incredibly memorable experiences. I'm talking about fights that cross the whole levels. Times where I dropped to my death only to be saved my tears of denial. Fights that led me across Farron Keep where the fucking Estus Soup saved my damn life. times where I actually managed to duck off the beaten path and hide in a corner to estus and buff up while several phantoms hunted me. Encounters with herioic Blue Sentinels who came to my aid long after my party had died.

It's the best. Go make an SL40 with +3 weapons and do it. I promise you'll enjoy it.

>But phantoms are casual!
>You're ganking!
No. The Dark Spirits have three players. Host three players. It's a fair game.
>>
>>337117783
parry him or break out throwing knives and spam them at him for the last hit.
>>
File: horsepussy.png (30 KB, 211x245) Image search: [Google]
horsepussy.png
30 KB, 211x245
>we want the MLP Audience
>>
File: 1364891000156.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1364891000156.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>High level NG+ dueling

No you're just retarded. The meta is around 100, fuck off with your twin prince "I beat the game 97 times" greatsword bullshit.
>>
>>337117783

They've been doing this too, every fucker has

>Estoc
>Dark Sword

Hell, one time I was winning the match, the nigga ran away, then went inot his menu, equipped the dark sword, healed himself and came back.

Terrible people.
>>
>>337125245
that's a cool idea
>>
>go to anor londo
>use dried finger while in way of blue
>chameleon and stand there for 30 minutes
>75k souls so far
Mad phantoms generally get bored and turn on their "allies"
Blue phantoms never succeed and are all fucking garbage.
Reds and aldrich either black crystal out or kill themselves because they can't find me.
>>
>>337125547
>two weapons that are clearly better than all of the other weapons in the game
>therefore they are the best weapons to use because they are better than all of the other weapons in the game
>the point of PVP is to win
>do whatever it takes to win
>using anything other than dark sword or estoc makes you a scrub because you're intentionally gimping yourself thanks to self-imposed rules
>you are intentionally making it harder for you to win just because you have convinced yourself that you're too good to use a dark sword or estoc

stop being a whiny bitch and play to win
>>
>>337117783
Expecting ANYTHING beyond not healing in a duel is stupid.

It was like this even in DeS, but even then everyone abused second chance.
>>
File: 1457756158085.gif (391 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1457756158085.gif
391 KB, 500x380
>>337120562

>if he'd swapped to a bad weapon i wouldn't have minded
>>
File: 1371108326296.gif (2 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1371108326296.gif
2 MB, 300x196
ITT
>OP buttmad he lost
>"waaa this is meme weapon, no skill broken memestoc! it's scummy to use it when we were having le honorable duel!"
>can't deal with one of the most used weapons in PvP but still engages in PvP

wew lad, you full on retarded.
Need to git gud :^)
>>
File: warden_twinblades.png (17 KB, 189x274) Image search: [Google]
warden_twinblades.png
17 KB, 189x274
>tfw Hollow/Luck builds still haven't caught on despite being broken OP

Meanwhile everything that gets close to me dies in less than 2 seconds.
>>
>>337126123
Eh its really not like that. In most duals/invades the dark sword/estoc barely make a difference compared to something like Astora's straight sword.
>>
>>337127284
>tfw on my luck build, Anri's sword has almost 500 AR
And people complain about the dark sword? kek
>>
>>337127215
>>337127812

Luckshitters...
>>
>>337127910
>can't use dark sword
>can't use katana
>can't use estoc
>can't use luck
>can't use caestus

Anything else I should know about the respected le hardcore PvP meta?
>>
>>337128132
>black knight glaive
>black knight axe
>gundyrs
>gotthards
>>
>>337128132
>>337128265
>Not using the warpick
It's like you faggots hate 700 r1s with counter hits
>>
>>337119058

I'm SL 125 NG+ and it works pretty well everywhere, you also don't have to be embered. It even had to out it away because being summoned all the time was getting annoying
>>
Where will Sirris be if she turns hostile? I want to respec my stats at Rosaria but I want the Sunless set as well.
>>
>>337128510
She vanishes, same with yuria if you piss her off
>>
>>337128703
Fuck, so I need to kill the beast on the bridge and then kill her when she appears at firelink?
>>
>>337128785
She'll appear at firelink again to tell you you guys are enemies.
>>
>>337128785
Yes, if she kills you in Firelink, she'll be there when you respawn, still hostile.
You can join and respec apparently without turning her hostile, you just can't offer a pale tongue. Back up your save and try it.
>>
>>337128931
>>337128943
All right, I'll give it a go
>>
>just beat the game
>look up some stuff I know I missed
>didn't complete a single NPC questline, didn't find half the npcs in the game including patches
>didn't go to archdragon peak or smouldering lake

What the fuck
>>
>>337129029
>Smouldering lake
Same here mate I didn't find out about it until my third playthrough when I summoned my friend for wolnir and he showed it too me. Would of never guesses that bridge became a ladder.
>>
File: comfy champ.jpg (95 KB, 661x743) Image search: [Google]
comfy champ.jpg
95 KB, 661x743
>>337117783
I see you too like the comfy champ look.
>>
>>337129029
The NPC questlines fucking suck and there are no clues on how to do them.
>>
>>337129029
I did:
>patches
>usurper of the flame ending
>untended graves/champ
>dude with the silver mask's questline

Missed
>archdragon
>smouldering
>onion in the kitchen
>greirat dying in boreal valley
>sirris questline
>pyromancer NPC
>sorcerer NPC
>>
File: likecoccwork.jpg (55 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
likecoccwork.jpg
55 KB, 600x460
>>337129029
exactly the same that happened to me f a m
the NPC questlines are bugged thoug
>>
If you upgrade a weapon and put it into your lockbox, does the scaling still take it into account?
>>
>>337117783
Did you use a duel summon sign?
>>
>>337117783
Are you retarded?

Everytime that happens, he admitted clear defeat, and all you need to do is not get irritated ENOUGH TO CREATE A THREAD about it NOT ON /vg/, keep calm and fuck him up with your sprint thrust.

R1 Spamers dislike the sprint thrust.

And he disrupted his flow by changing weapon, this is bad for him.

I never lost when that happened.
>>
>>337124673
Play any other build, until you get enough levels that you can respec into either 60Faith, 60 Int, or 30/30, with other necessary stats.

Trust me its not worth struggling before then.
>>
I'm just upset that they nerfed the Claymore from DS1. Was by far my favorite weapon with the most fun moveset.
>>
>>337127215
I already have a better build than DEX/LUK. Still, it is a solid build.
>>
If you play anything other than naked with your fists at lvl 1 you're a cheesing faggot.
>>
>>337119046
No literally git gud, i run around with Dark Blade, not Chaos Blade or Onikiri or Nodachi, Dark Blade, and i still rek Dark Sworders and Double Sworders.

Only real problem is Hyperarmors, they take me the longest, and if i dont watch out i die fast.

I don't know why everyone doesnt use greatswords and UGS, despite them being slow they nearly one shot with charged R2
>>
>>337129760
>I don't know why everyone doesnt use greatswords and UGS,

Because if you miss, anyone with have a brain can punish you with your full life gone.
>>
>>337122730
Hyper Armor doesn't work in a game with shit netcode. Also hyper armor is retarded, this isn't fucking street fighter
>>
>>337129029
>try gesture here
>getting the gesture the dragon has been doing from a guy who has been doing it after you fought a dragon
>couldn't find it
ok, how is it to be retarded.

And how does someone miss Greirat? Anyone who missed Greirat is a utter retarded and rushed through the game like a true DSP would
>>
>>337117783
A host estus means a black crystal for me. Fuck them.
>>
>>337127215
What's your Luck at?
>>
>>337129029
>tfw really lucky throughout playthrough
>all secret areas have shit loads of messages next to them so find each area
>Saw the opening to the Dungeon but I thought it was just an alt path and decided not to go
>Didn't find Rosaria at first even though the cool dude with the mask told me she was at the Cathedral
>Don't buy the armor from patches because I think Onion Knight set is lame
>Find Siegward in well and in kitchen by exploring (I remembered all the shit that happens with npcs appearing in places you've already been)
>Send patches to find Greirat (on accident because I was skipping all of his dialouge to go to his shop)
>Don't send Greirat out again because I know that he'll probably die
Everything was really lucky for me except for Irina because some fag told me deep protection was OP
>>
>>337130429
Good, stay out.
>>
>>337130429
>invade my world
>impeding my game
>I estus
>you disconnect
What a faggot, I win anyway
>>
>>337129887
>hyper armor is retarded, this isn't fucking street fighter

I know right?
It's retarded that a game with LITERAL ARMOR has a hyper armor mechanic.
>>
>>337118867
Yeah anyone saying the series isn't working on balancing combat didn't play DeS and suffer invasions from turtling, acid-cloud-throwing, scraping-spearing faggots.
>>
What's the best SL/Weapon Level for regular Aldy's Faithful invading? I want to do some low-to-mid level PvP.
>>
>>337134306
SL50-70
Weapon +6 to +9
>>
>>337117783
It's called intelligence. Maybe you'd win fights if you tried exercising it sometimes.

When your opponent gets low on health they naturally start playing ultra defensive and you, with a fast-hitting weapon, has the advantage in that situation. R1 spam is retarded, of course, but having a fast-hitting weapon as a backup for a slow 2-handed weapon is always a good idea for finishing off people who decide to run away and poke like a faggot when they run low on health.
>>
>>337124673
>get all the magic boosting rings
>use FP efficient spells instead of wasting too many points in attunement
>level your spellcasting stats and VIG only, don't expect to get both powerfull spells and good infused weapon before 80
>don't play a pure faith build. just don't
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>337134640
>Weapon +6 to +9
>+9

No you fuck. If you put it in +9 then there's no point staying in that SL. Keep it at +6/7.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.