[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you remember how depressing his appearance was in GTA V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
>tfw you remember how depressing his appearance was in GTA V
>>
i literally dont remember anything about him even though i played through lost and damned
>>
>>337115881
Rockstar shat all over the Lost, Johnny went from a badass storming a prison just to kill Billy to beta bitch.

So much for swearing off drugs and Ashley.
>>
>>337116158

It just goes to show you; once an addict, always an addict.

I think seeing how low johnny sunk because of his drug addiction is a poignant lesson.
>>
>>337116143
That's good because then you would remember how badly Rockstar butchered/retconned him by having him getting involved with meth and Ashley again.
>>337116158
Exactly. It wouldn't bother me except for the fact that Johnny's story was arguably the most interesting in the HD era, and it was all about him getting past the vices of those around him.

The retconning of his story wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it wasn't done solely to introduce le wild and crazy guy Trevor's character.
>>
>>337116302
All joking aside seeing him like that was legitimately depressing. TLAD was a pretty grungy story, but seeing Johnny all fucked up and being cheated on was really sad.
>>
Cucked to death.
>>
>>337116714
Anthony Burch's only rival.
>>
File: 8e8.png (17 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
17 KB, 509x619
>>337115881
Don't remind me
>>
Off topic but why did Rockstar get rid of the amazing car damage mechanics in GTA IV in favor of the shitty ones in GTA V?
>>
>>337116986

The same reason they overhauled driving completely. GTA IV was too much simulation, and while I personally loved its driving mechanics, V's tight, arcadey controls are honestly better for the kind of game it is.
>>
>>337116496
Johnny deserved Ashley since she fucked half the club and he still went and did favors for her, Ray, and the Russians.

Well, at least Trevor didn't didn't fuck him, then he would have died a fag.
>>
God Trevor was such a massive faggot. I didn't like any single protag in V but Trevor was the worst of the lot.
>>
>>337117158
I agree the arcadey controls are better for what GTA V is, but that doesn't mean they had to get rid of the amazing car damage. Even the slightest bump on certain areas would leave a tiny, tiny dent in GTA IV. In GTA V, you have to hit something at full speed to even leave a dent in the area that's been hit.
>>
>>337116986
>>337117158
maybe its whats best for online play. gtao was supposed to be a big deal right?
>>
>>337117208
The protagonists in V were easily the worst. Trevor and Michael were just two sides of the same middle aged coin, and Franklin was a complete non character as soon as you finished the first few missions of the game and get out of the hood.

I'm just glad they had three different ending choices, because that means these characters won't show up in GTA 6 because they don't like to choose which ending was canon.
>>
>>337117307
It was supposed to be, but it turned into nothing but shit.

Literally made the free play world just a hub with punishment for not only messing around with other people, but if someone attacked you and you killed them in self defense, you would be penalized. It's terrible.

That plus the silly load times to enter any missions from it made a really boring and near unplayable Online mode. Also they did away with every single interesting game mode in GTA IV.

If I ever have the urge to play GTA, I always go back to IV because it feels like a much more fun and realistic game to mess around in as opposed to V. You can actually mess around without getting massive wanted levels that are impossible to escape from easily in V.

I enjoyed it at first but V feels so much less fun on replay.
>>
>>337117208
>>337117408
waaah
>>
>>337117968
Are you twelve?
>>
>>337117968
Not an argument
>>
>shits all over Johnny's character arc
>doesn't even give him a good end where Trevor goes and wipes out all the Lost and kills him last
>immediately kill Clay and Terry after killing Johnny
>guys in the Lost camp say how Johnny was shit and a poser and that Billy was the true hero of the Lost
I will never not hate R* for this
>>
>>337118292
Same
It's not the fact that Johnny dies as much as the fact it shits on his arc, undoes all of it, all in the name of showing you how wild, whacky, and zany their new character is.

I hate Trevor. He could have been interestingly done but even in seemingly serious moments he's just le wild boy. Like the mission with his mom, the crying is played off as humorous and it's never touched on again. No redeeming moments.

And we lost Johnny for that, the guy who rivaled Nico for most interesting protagonist in GTA.
>>
>>337116986
its better in V
>>
>>337118503
I explained why I prefer IV, are you going to explain why V's is better or just say it is?
>>
>>337118612
its literally better in gta v, only reason why u thing is not beacaue you tune car with 100% armor and then there is barely any damage
>>
>>337118725
>its literally better in gta v, only reason why u thing is not beacaue you tune car with 100% armor and then there is barely any damage
Holy mackerel you need to learn how to write my man.
But you're wrong, I never do that, and the armor only effects how much damage the car can take, it has nothing to do with the actual damage effects on the car model.
>>
>>337118861
>Vehicle damage in Grand Theft Auto V remains somewhat similar to GTA IV's, but has more features included. The bodies of vehicles will distort and deform based on the force and direction of the impact with another solid object. The vehicle's bodies are more rigid however to keep some aspect of realism; wheel axles will break more easily, especially when landing hard on a wheel. Engine performance can be degraded from a head-on collision with another object. Wheels can now come off if a vehicle is hit by a large enough force, or by landing on a wheel at a certain angle. Scratches are more visible and longer compared to GTA IV. Individual lights and windows can be broken. However, if a window is broken, small shards of glass will remain protruding from the window slats, unlike GTA IV, where the whole window would break all at once, leaving behind no shards of glass at all. Over-revving a damaged engine (an engine spewing smoke) will cause it to go on fire. The fire will die out after several seconds, but the vehicle will no longer be driveable. The greenhouse areas of all vehicles are much stronger than in GTA IV, possibly in order to avoid player heads sticking out of the roof after a heavy impact.
>>
File: GTAVI.png (148 KB, 750x580) Image search: [Google]
GTAVI.png
148 KB, 750x580
GTA 6 when?
>>
Johnny's death was just Rockstar's way of saying "We have no idea how to write. Also, look how WILD and CRAZY Trevor is! xD"
>>
>>337119232
???
That doesn't disprove what I said in that post, the armor tuning doesn't change the damage effects on the car.

You can quote all of that but it doesn't change the fact that when you play the game, the actual damage to the body of the car is more realistic and accurate in GTA IV. I'll wait if you want to go play them and compare. You'll notice that the actual bumps and dents in GTA IV are easier to get (realistically) as opposed to V where in practice you have to smash the car at a high speed just to get a dent in the area that is hit. Even a light tap in GTA IV will deform the area bumped, whereas in GTA V you get a shitty scratch that is barely noticeable. All the small body damage is replaced with scratches to bumped areas, unless you hit something at speed.
>>
>>337115881
Honestly I found it pretty funny that Johnny ended up smoking meth. Was never really my favorite character anyway.
>>
File: GTA_V_Schadensmodell.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GTA_V_Schadensmodell.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>337119720
still there is much more damage on V cars
>>
>>337118495
>muh happy endings for characters
>>
>>337116402
>>That's good because then you would remember how badly Rockstar butchered/retconned him by having him getting involved with meth and Ashley again.
A dirtbag biker making bad decisions in life? Yeah, that's totally out of character. Damn you, Rockstar!
>>
>>337121958
Not him, but anyone who has finished TLaD and paid any attention to the story knows he wouldn't mess with Ash or crystal again.
>>
>>337122340
Oh, I agree. It is totally easy to get clean of meth. It's pretty much like weed, really.
>>
>>337122340

>>337122714
this....and pussy

he was a low life biker, convict, meth head with a whore as a girlfriend, unless he "saw the light of god" his life was not gonna get much better, he just met a worse person in trevor
>>
>>337122714
It's almost as if you haven't played it. Shocking.
>>
>>337121350

>lol ur juz mad cuz u want happy endings fur ur character ya fag XDDD
>pics ending c
>>
>>337118495
Pretty much.
I also just remembered how later on you hear how Ashley was found dead OD in an orgy
>this fucking druggie slur who "cared" so much Johnny and got him killed just kept on being a total shithead
>Johnny literally died for nothing

>>337121350
It's not that he needed to die after living happily ever after. I would have been fine with it if Johnny had been successfully running the Lost like he would have wanted to and simply ended up dying by Trevor's hands during his takeover. The problem is that they took a massive shit all over him and his character and seem to do everything in their power to trash the image of the Lost
>>
>>337122340

It's not too hard to believe that the guy has fucked up alot in his life. And then Trevor put him out of his misery.
>>
File: 1460110880605.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1460110880605.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>337115881
Not gonna lie, I got hard when Trevor was pounding Ashley's crackwhore ass.
>>
>>337125136

Except that it kind of is. Johnny was clearly the most levelheaded and business oriented of the Lost members. He literally just wants to lay low and concentrate on money making.

Ashley was his only weakness and yet even after all the time he knew her, he never followed her into addiction...until after the events of tlad. Nah that's a load of bullshit and totally out of character.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nfbzzsU5ye1r6mpux.png (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nfbzzsU5ye1r6mpux.png
166 KB, 500x281
>>337125634
>>
>>337125973

>tumblr

kill yourself
>>
>>337125078
>not immediately killing Ashley after stomping Johnny's brains out
>>
>>337117408
>ending C (fuck everybody up)
>not ending Canon
>not the only ending that actually makes sense in the meta deconstruction of the GTA series V was
>>
>>337117221
>Introduce GTA IV's vehicle damage
>Queue whines from kids that spent real money getting digital cars
>>
>>337116986
There was a lot of small details that were left out from IV in V. It's the scale of the game and maybe new people in the dev team that resulted in this.
>>
>>337126081
you know you can post links right?
>>
>>337117408
You are actually a fucking idiot
>>
Is Trevor a hipster? Was Michael right?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.