[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncharted 4 has a 5 GB day one patch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1462559778917.jpg (879 KB, 2200x1464) Image search: [Google]
1462559778917.jpg
879 KB, 2200x1464
"Just" 5GB goyim.

http://ps4daily.com/2016/05/uncharted-4-has-a-5-gb-day-one-patch/
>>
File: 1454725089038.jpg (8 KB, 168x212) Image search: [Google]
1454725089038.jpg
8 KB, 168x212
>>337094313
5GB of emotions?
>>
>>337094313
Oh.. thanks, thats what Im downloading now
>>
What the fuck are they smuggling in there?
>>
Okay
>>
>>337094379
LOL
>>
I remember when my parents got me gothic 3 for my birthday. Apparently it was the first game ever to do this whole day one patch shit and it should've been a sign. Fucking piece of shit fried my GPU.
>>
>>337094472
Photo mode and encounter select. Also I'm fairly sure you need to update to play the multiplayer.
>>
>>337094721
People fought for Offline Mode rights, why for?

You need internet to get the full game.
>>
>>337094721
>Also many bugs fixes.
>>
Better than the 8gb patch my room mate had to download for halo 5 last week.

Hes so much in denial that he claims that its "normal" and PC does it all the time.
>>
>>337095680
You are both in denial
>>
File: 2d.jpg (18 KB, 464x266) Image search: [Google]
2d.jpg
18 KB, 464x266
>it takes longer to download the game than to finish the game
>>
>>337094870
why would you need photo mode if you're offline anyway?
>>
>>337096092
I'm talking about the high amount of bug fixes and tweaks that they release 1-2 days after the game release
>>
>>337094313
The shipout date for any game is far before the actual date that it ends up releasing, and the developers are usually pressed for time trying to make sure everything is perfect. On top of this, game developers have forgotten what compression is, and as such, a lot of the shit they change is massively bloated up in size or tucked away in some parent function and they can't actually do shit without editing the earlier stuff.

It's a pain in the ass, but the bigger games get, the more this will keep happening.
>>
>>337096471
Lazy developers and lack of anti-broken games policy
>>
Better than the 20gb day-1 update of both Master Chief Collection & Borderlands Handsome Collection.
>>
>>337097604
>Sony triggered
>>
>>337094313
>Having shitternet
>>
If you complain about large downloads you are no different from people still wanting games to support 32 bit systems and Windows XP
>>
>>337097706
If you don't want the 5gb update then just buy it digitally which has it pre-installed like everything on Steam.
>>
>>337094313

More like 5Giga Boyim
>>
Downloading 5gb on psn is like 500gb on a decent network
>>
>Want to play modern game
>Launch
>Mandatory install
>Download patch
>Install patch
>Patch downloads another update
>Install update
>Restart
>Try to start the game again
>Logo
>Logo
>Logo
>Another Logo
>Cinematic
>Finally start the game
>Another cinematic
>Cutscene
>Walking sequence
>Cutscene
>Tutorial you can't skip. Press X to jump and move the analogue stick to walk
>Another walking sequence
>Cutscene
>Finally the game starts
>QTE
>Die

Great.
>>
>>337097914
From 2009-2013 my internet speed on PSN was 4mb (440kb/sec) using ethernet and I have 25mb internet plan
>>
Where is that Nadine webm?
>>
>>337095680
Actually that 8GB patch includes free new multiplayer levels, game modes and skins. The single player albeit boring has no bugs, every update is for the multiplayer portion (arena, warzone, theater, forge etc).
>>
>>337097985
>playing NES
>Damn Catridge won't work again
>Take it out
>Blow it
>Still not working
>Take it out and put it in again
>For no reason it worked again
>Developer's Logo
>Press start to start
>Spend time to try every key to see what it does
>The game is too hard
>Die
>Restart
>for no reason, a brand new moveset executed.
>No idea how that happened
>Smash button
>Nothing
>Fuck it, continue playing the game
>Unfair enemy kill you again
>ran out of life, tough luck boy, you gotta start from stage 1
>finally git gud and reached level 2
>It's a fucking rehash level with different color palettes
>No reason to win the game besides getting a "high score" that will be wiped as soon as the power is off

Great.
>>
Uncharted 4 has a playable crash bandicoot sequence, I lost my shit when it happened.
>>
>>337094313
I wouldnt care if not for how fucking shit PSN is
>>
>>337096013
What kind of internet do you have, I can download 5gigs in less than 10minutes
>>
>>337094313
>look mom i posted it again
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.