[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty damn happy with this game. Multiplayer co-op
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
I'm pretty damn happy with this game. Multiplayer co-op is really enjoyable and gets everyone to seat in and play without the "I never played that so I'll just watch, seems too hard" line. Guard was a very good add-on to the whole package. I really don't get all the hate around it.
>>
Titania was great.My goal is to play one Guard squad made by someone here
>>
You sound awfully defensive.
>>
>>337087771
Are you trying to convince us or yourself?
>>
>>337088051
I'm enjoying it anon. It's been a year or two since I had anything good to play on my Wii U.
>>
>says nothing of the terrible, short singleplayer or the fact that there's no online for the multiplayer
>"you're all wrong, Nintendo is good and that's that!"

You sure convinced us.
>>
>>337088231
Star Fox 64 has a "short" single player mode, but the point is not for a single play through to last but for you to play it many times and attempt to master it and set the highest score you can.

Star Fox Zero's problem isn't length. It's just shit.
>>
>>337088425

True to a point, but at least Star Fox didn't shoehorn in a million gimmicks. The most they asked was a tank level and a submarine level. That was it.
>>
>>337088231
OP here. Online wasn't a real need for this kind of game, at least for my tastes. KI:Uprising got old really fast because there's no real point on matches, you don't even earn a fair amount of hearts or good equipment. Same for Luigis Mansion. You don't have room for customization in SF Zero, I fail to see how it would be enjoyable in long terms. Eveb if they made an entire option to customize and improve your Arwing, the main game would suffer even more without that option. At least leaderboards would be nice.l to have regardless of an online multiplayer...

I just wish they could add more content through DLC. Like more missions, even if they're just challenges. See Pikmin 3.
>>
>>337087771
>>
>>337088723

>online wasn't a real need

Says you. If you're gonna shoehorn in gimmicks like gamepad controls and coop, there has to be online. Otherwise, don't even bother.
>>
>>337088989
coop is a gimmick now?
>>
>Every single boss is all range mode
C'mon Nintendo...

Same problem as Adventures, Assault and Command. Just make a game fucking like Star Fox / Star Fox 64, it's not hard. Stop cramming them with shit unwelcome gimmicks.

And especially stop cramming them with gimmicks when you don't even implement basic features like online functionality for your multiplayer and proper online leaderboards in a fucking score game. Christ.
>>
File: Steam Profile Pic 2.png (14 KB, 233x221) Image search: [Google]
Steam Profile Pic 2.png
14 KB, 233x221
>>337087771
I think Zero's great, but it's a shame that we're not going to be seeing another Star Fox game for 10 years.

and it'll be another reboot, probably.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 640x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 640x410
I genuinely do enjoy this game a lot. Probably my second favorite Star Fox game in the series. My real problem is that the alternate paths rare more underdeveloped and underwhelming compared to the main planets that feel more like side missions than full-fledged levels like in 64.

It's a shame that this game is gonna sell like shit, because Zero is basically asking for a sequel. The game reset the Star Fox universe to a clean slate, but we're gonna have to wait another 10 years for a sequel because Shiggy and Platinum are getting the wrong idea that Star Fox is an unpopular franchise that nobody wants back.
>>
>>337089107

Yes. Make the singleplayer first, then make co-op. The SP doesn't even feel finished with how lazy it is.

Also, lower the price to 30 dollars. 60 dollars is too much to ask when you want me to just keep replaying it.
>>
>>337089283
>are getting the wrong idea that Star Fox is an unpopular franchise that nobody wants back.

I think you've lost perspective. It's great that you still like it but Starfox is not relevant anymore.
>>
>>337089409
I think Zero should be held to the same standard as Star Fox 64 since it's similar to it in more ways than it is different. Star Fox 64 3D costs $40 today - Zero should have cost the same.

No one complained about the length of, say, Captain Toad because it only cost $40. They felt like the content justified the price. I managed to get Zero for $20 so I can't really complain about not getting my money's worth but I also understand that not everyone's me.
>>
The whole aim with the gamepad thing completely kills all of the fun for me.
>>
File: v may cry.jpg (69 KB, 887x665) Image search: [Google]
v may cry.jpg
69 KB, 887x665
>>337088051

I like the game aswell.
>>
File: Starfoxismediocre.jpg (1 MB, 912x1434) Image search: [Google]
Starfoxismediocre.jpg
1 MB, 912x1434
You sound really defensive there OP

>Some people got really pissed over this, even though it's true
>>
>>337089691

>No one complained about the length of, say, Captain Toad because it only cost $40. They felt like the content justified the pric
I hated Captain Toad. It was shovelware. It honestly felt like they just pumped it out for a quick buck. No challenge, no originality. Just more Mario icons in bland gameplay.
>>
I want to fuck fox's tight asshole while Falco watches
>>
>>337090274

> liking a game in-spite of it's flaws means you are defensive

Whoa is this a new meme?
>>
>>337091192
Making threads to try and justify your purchase to yourself when nobody is criticizing the game is pretty defensive.
>>
>>337092942

> nobody is criticizing the game

kek, doesn't matter if you make a thread or the shitposters do, it'll get bombarded by fags with nothing better to do.
>>
>>337087771
>finally get a hang of the controls
>game is over
Glad I pirated it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.