[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: skyward-sword.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
skyward-sword.png
2 MB, 1600x900
What went wrong?
>>
They forgot to make the other half of the game
>>
>>337085631
A worse support character than Navi
>>
>>337085631
A lot of things, but primarily and chiefly the overworld.
>>
Nothing. It was fucking awesome desu.
>>
>rehashed too much content
>obnoxious tutorials wrapped up in a character whose sole purpose is to annoy you about battery levels
>claims to make Zelda a "strong empowered woman who isn't just getting kidnapped" but she's getting whisked away every 5 seconds for stupid reasons, and has no relevance to the plot except for 10 seconds at the end
>too cinematic with the cutscenes
>too much reliance on motion controls
>not enough difficulty
>>
>>337085631
Nothing, really. The game is fucking fantastic. Best 3D Zelda since ever.
>>
I can't fuck my sword.
>>
>>337085940
Literally what.
How can anyone even remotely think Fi is worse than Navi?
Nobody ever claimed the game made Zelda strong or empowered. Where the fuck did you read that?
Muh cinematic boogeyman. Literally what? It was the same shit as every other Zelda.
And it was by far the most difficult Zelda game, unless you count Turtle Rock from LA.
>>
>>337086290
(You)
>>
It was just okay.

I loved the art style, the setting, and the music.

Fi, while a cool character, was fucking annoying beyond reason.
The overworld was nonexistent, which is a travesty because it's one of the main features of Zelda games.
While I don't mind easy games, this one lacked any challenge whatsoever.
Tedious events (tadtones) where you collect shit and it's just not fun whatsoever, and you HAVE to do it to progress.
Motion waggling to the point where it feels cancerous.
Fighting the same god damn boss THREE FUCKING TIMES

I can't remember anything else, I played it once when it released and that was it.
>>
>>337085631
>overworld is empty
>bosses range from "just ok" to "offensively bad"
>new weapons are limited or boring
>still have to aim weapons while z-targetting, slowing combat to a crawl
>sword aiming is slow for a lot of players, making even common enemies a chore to deal with
>incredibly easy (although not surprising for Nintendo, more difficulty would be nice)
>Fi is annoying and awful in cutscenes
>some enemy designs are great, but others are the worst in the series (holy shit the imprisoned looks bad)
>>
>>337086290

Fi's notifications were mandatory, Navi popped up the icon but you weren't forced to listen to her. Fi gave you immersion breaking notifications about the console, Navi always stuck to the game. Fi told you about braindead tutorials and what items did EVERY SINGLE TIME you played the game and saw the item for the first time, Navi never did something so stupid.
>>
>>337085631
When you're trying to learn the game at the start it's annoying. Still I think "I'll get used to it soon, nnevermind" But as I'm still annoyed with the controls everyone has to keep talking to me and wasting my fucking time.

Then after all that, I have to constantly listen to this blue fuck cunt from Eiffel 65 interrupt me, thus making me 10 times more annoyed.
>>
>>337085631
it was ok

the motion controls were actually good imo, I know a lot of people hate them but they were accurate and pretty fun, the game just didn't utilize them to their fullest extent

level design was mediocre and you were always just going from point a to point b in order to fulfill some objective to go to point c, exploration was almost nonexistent compared to WW and TP

it wasn't very engaging and yet they made it really long, which just turned into a giant slog when you had to backtrack entire areas
>>
>>337085631
Nothing, really. Not being able to play the harp like the Ocarina? No songs to play at random places? That's my only complaint, really.
>>
File: smug.png (247 KB, 655x614) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
247 KB, 655x614
>>337085631
>called Skyward Sword
>the whole games takes place in grounded hub worlds
>the controls
>going through the forest temple, not once, not twice but twunce.
>I felt the temples were bland but i feel like this gripe is more taste then anything.
>>
They designed it for casuals first and foremost. Nearly every aspect of the game seems to revolve around making sure nothing is complex or difficult or at all confusing. Gotta make sure the areas are straightforward, simple, and easy to find for casuals who get lost easily. Gotta have an NPC who just exists to babysit the player and constantly repeat things that were just said a moment ago in order to keep players on track without missing anything. Gotta make sure any mechanics that could potentially add depth to the game are kept entirely optional or even just pointless because depth can be confusing.

Then you've got the story which is mostly just rehashing bits of other Zelda stories and completely squanders the concept of it being an origin story. You've got the art style which attempts to find a middle ground between cartoony and serious but only succeeds in being inconsistent with plenty of ugly spots. You've got the obvious padding.

It was just kind of a mess.
>>
>>337086636
>I never played Ocarina of Time
Oh, why didn't you say so?
>>
>>337086290
>How can anyone even remotely think Fi is worse than Navi?

"Navi is so annoying" is one of those US GAMERS, RIGHT memes on par with "the cake is a lie", you weren't actually supposed to fall for it.
>>
>>337085631
>Fi
>Opening tutorial that's both too long and LITERALLY anime
>OH BOY FLOATING ISLANDS AND FLYING I ACTUALLY LOVED FINDING NEW ISLANDS AND EXPLORING THEM IN WIND WAKER, BUT THE SAILING WAS A BORE, OBVIOUSLY THEY LEARNED FROM THEIR MISTAKES AND MADE A SKY THAT'S FUN TO NAVIGATE BUT STILL HAS A LOT OF INTERESTING AND VARIED SHIT TO FI- what do you mean it's literally one town, a tavern, two minigames and a bunch of chests and the flying sucks ass?
>Rehashing the same three regions and Imprisoned fights over and over
>FI
>Fucking harp is literally the shitiest instrument in the whole series, even wolf whistling wasn't this bad
>Every battle is a game of Simon Says due to wagglan gimmick
>Every item only serve a few key roles and are absolutely useless out of those few puzzles they do solve, especially in combat
>THEY BROUGHT BACK THE DUAL CLAWSHOT, ARGUABLY THE MOST FUN ADDITION FROM TP NEXT TO THE SPINNER, AND MANAGED TO SUCK LITERALLY ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT. FUCKING -HOW-
>Demise is a shit villain and the whole plot's retarded and shits on the lore (though I admit it's better than rehashing Ganondorf AGAIN, but only marginally, since technically Demise IS Ganon)
>Upgrade gimmick with collectible items THAT REPEAT WHAT THEY ARE EVERY TIME YOU BOOT THE GAME UP AGAIN. For fuck's sake Nintendo you OWN Monolith Soft, ask THEM how to handle collectible items, they fucking nailed that shit in Xenoblade, it should be SIMPLE and INTUITIVE, not ANNOYING

The better question is, what went right?
And that's
>Some of the NPC designs and art design
>Mixing the Water and Shadow dungeon into one
>Groose and his theme
>Sand sea/time crystals in general
That's it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.