[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict on this game? I never really see it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
What's the /v/erdict on this game? I never really see it brought up when Wario Land is brought up.
>>
it's fucking tight
>>
Great game. Not sure many people are aware of its existence.
>>
>gorgeous art style and animation
>great soundtrack
>bland level design
>repetitive missions
>forgettable enemies and bosses
Overall not as good as WL4
>>
Probably the weakest Wario Land game, but it's still excellent.

>Wario Land
9/10
>VB Wario Land
10/10
>Wario Land 2
10/10
>Wario Land 3
10/10
>Wario Land 4
10/10
>Wario Land Shake It!
8/10
>>
7/10

The art is unbelievable but the gameplay is meh
>>
>>337072832
its ok
>>
One of my all time favorite game, actually. It's a CRIME that faggot Wario Land fans cried about how different it is than 3. From a technical standpoint, this is probably one of the most deep and complicated collect-a-thons ever made. There is so much cool shit the game has you do in order to %100 it. The way the game teaches you new mechanics is incredible.

For example, you will learn fairly early on that those Dash machines give you the ability to run across water. That leads into realizing that you can actually SLIDE on the water, which lets you slip through cracks and such, and then that leads you to finding new treasure, and the game continues to build on that.

Also, the ending is classic.
>>
>>337073403
How about Wario World?
>>
>>337073832
>From a technical standpoint, this is probably one of the most deep and complicated collect-a-thons ever made. There is so much cool shit the game has you do in order to %100 it. The way the game teaches you new mechanics is incredible.
problem here is that 4 did that years prior
a lot better too
>>
>>337073873
>"Land" m9
count Wario Master of Disguise too, no wait that one was fucking shit
>>
>>337073940
>Muh 3 hour game

Stop being such a faggot. 4 was just a tech demo for the GBA. It's not even as good as 3.
>>
>>337074168
>just a tech demo
shame you decided to go full shitposting after someone criticized your favorite
thought you legitimately enjoyed the series
>>
File: its a....jpg (9 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
its a....jpg
9 KB, 225x300
>it's a submarine level

god tier game otherwise tho
>>
>>337074168

3 isn't even the best GB/GBC Wario Land.

WL4 is the best of them all.
>>
>>337074048
I'm just asking.
>>
>>337074316
I do, but 4 is a step back from the last two games.
>>
>>337075257
that makes shake it the worst then
>>
File: warioovertimeannotated.png (1 MB, 2660x1000) Image search: [Google]
warioovertimeannotated.png
1 MB, 2660x1000
>>337072832
opinion coming through
>>
fantastic music, amazing animation and tight controls, but awful level design
>>
File: 1438057649863.png (4 KB, 303x243) Image search: [Google]
1438057649863.png
4 KB, 303x243
>>337075715
Nice opinion. It checks out.
>>
>>337075715
>Wario World better than VB Wario

W.H.A.T A.R.E Y.O.U D.O.I.N.G
>>
>>337073832
>The way the game teaches you new mechanics is incredible
I'm going to have to disagree. Wario Land 4 teaches you everything you need to know in the first level. Shake It decided to sprinkle it out, meaning you're still "learning" basic stuff hours in.
>>
File: 52144_front.jpg (80 KB, 640x641) Image search: [Google]
52144_front.jpg
80 KB, 640x641
The art is so beautiful in this game, it looks like a fucking anime. I feel like i'm watching a cartoon and it breathes so much life into the game. I really wish more games did this
like why the fuck isnt the next new super mario bros done in this style. I imagine they'd look like their character icons from 3d world.
it would be such a refreshing take on the mario series. especially since the GBA box art for some mario games were done in a similar art style, pic related
>>
File: sm3dw_character_portraits.png (598 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sm3dw_character_portraits.png
598 KB, 1280x720
>>337076449
>especially since the GBA box art for some mario games were done in a similar art style
They've been using the style for years.
Real shame there will probably never be a hand-drawn 2D Mario game with said style though.
>>
>>337075715
PERFECT
>>
>>337075715

MoD should be lower, honestly. It felt like a DS launch game they forgot about and then refound three years later. Even jumping in that game feels clumsy
>>
File: wa.png (198 KB, 312x310) Image search: [Google]
wa.png
198 KB, 312x310
It's my second favorite Wario after WL4

Then again I always thought 3 was slightly overrated so maybe I'm just an outsider here.
>>
>>337077148
what was that game even about
I remember hearing of it and being kinda repulsed
is it a platformer or what
>>
>>337075715
>Virtual Boy that low
But it's the best of the Wario Land series.
>>
>>337077356

It's a puzzle platformer. You control everything with the D-pad and stylus. The game's about switching between costumes by drawing on Wario to solve really simple puzzles. Like if you need to melt ice you draw a cone on Wario's ass to turn him into dragon Wario and then tap the screen to breath fire on the ice. It's really cumbersome and the level design is basic as hell. During the first few levels a cutscene plays every other room to repeat the same joke over and over again. It's one of those games where you jump by pressing up on the D-pad
>>
>tfw there will never be another Wario World game that can't be 100% completed in a few hours
>>
Just a reminder that Wario scored a confirmed kill on another publisher's character.
>>
>>337075715
Why can't miyamoto take a leaf out of Yokoi's book and know when to retire?
>>
>>337080294
>Why can't miyamoto take a leaf out of Yokoi's book and know when to retire?
You mean die?
>>
>>337080761
Use D4C to travel to an alternate universe where miyamoto died and yokoi is still making good games
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.