[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Games that were released way too early and failed because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Resident_Evil_Outbreak_EU.jpg (74 KB, 640x906) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_Outbreak_EU.jpg
74 KB, 640x906
>Games that were released way too early and failed because of it.

The console playerbase was not ready for such an online gaming experience, It sucked to have to pay extra for a ps2 modem (dreamcast had one integrated and it was released a year earlier) It suffered from long loading times. Also shitty AI made SP boring

But the concept, art style and gameplay was generally good.
>>
I dunno, PSO seemed to do okay on Gamecube, even though that one didn't come with a modem, either.

Maybe if the novelty of online play wasn't the only thing the game had going for it things would have been different.
>>
>>337069437
Me and my friends had alot of fun with this game.
>>
>>337069437
>>Games that were released way too early and failed because of it.

I think it failed because most game journalists during that time did not play online. Their experience was offline with stupid npcs. Most places gave it a 6/10 and said it was bad. Most ps2 owners also didn't have a ethernet modem so they played offline.

It's a shame since it's a really really good online game despite the long load times.
>>
Are there any servers for this on pc?
>>
File: 1462432035341.jpg (34 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1462432035341.jpg
34 KB, 498x497
>>337069437

This game was fucking GOAT.

>It suffered from long loading times

They kept shoving the idea of a PS2 HDD down your throat so many times just so you can skip loading altogether. Although the loading weren't really all that horrendous, it kind of made suspenseful in a way.
>>
>>337072018
There are. Don't know if it's still up. I stopped playing last year after beating everything on very hard.

You'll have to look through it to find how to access it. Too lazy to point you in the right direction.

http://obsrv.org/viewforum.php?f=10
>>
It was release too early for other games to rip-off it.
>>
>>337069437
when i first heard about this the concept blew my mind. i was a console babby so i wasn't too aware of online gaming before

they also innovated with resi survivor
>>
>>337072961
"This taking cover stuff is really fun. I could never get tired of this."
>>
>>337074407
>tfw we'll never see Ark and Bruce ever again
I just want muh Dead Aim 2
>>
Would an outbreak remastered be possible? It was one of the best RE games too, sad that capcom doesn't want to take the chance.
>>
The first outbreak also has one of the best game intros I've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcxMvprYa0
>>
>>337075237
>that music
So good
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.