[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LoL Hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 30
File: flash-icon.jpg (17 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
flash-icon.jpg
17 KB, 100x100
Remember this fun and balanced thing?
>>
That's nice OP. You don't like thing.
>>
Did they remove flash? I might actually play now
>>
Flash was never balanced
>>
Flash is utter fucking cancer, literally a random get out of jail free card.
>>
>DotA shoehorns escapes into like 60% of heroes
>and the other 40% can just buy blink dagger

>Flash is bad tho
>>
>>337062096
>Blink has 12 cooldown and a 3cd if you are getting damage, preveting the use and not letting the enemy get the kill

>Flash has a fucking 3 minute cooldown and can be used while in combat

LoL would had been a better game if they didn't implemented it at all.
They did it with Blink Shoes in the beta and they were removed because every player brought them without a single-trought on every game.
Placing it into the Summoner Spell looked like a good idea but killed the use others summoner spells.
Instead of touch or remove Flash they nerfed every other spell expect Clarity and managed to make it even more important.
>>
They removed that? I played in 2010 and I remember every using it. I got why it was good but there were still some other fun spells. I always hated the burn spell though, I didn't think it was a good idea to make one of the special spells do damage.
>>
>>337062550

It's 5 minutes, familia. I guess all Dotards know nothing about League.
>>
>>337062759
I remember when it was a 3minute cooldown, did they even increase it?
All i remember it was they nerfed to the ground (less travel space, it no more disjointed projectiles and increased the cd to 3 minutes) and yet people are still using it
> I guess all Dotards know nothing about League.
Shame on you, i'm a HotS fag and i'm not proud of it
>>
>I don't like counterplay

Fuck off
>>
>>337061908
>literally a random get out of jail free card.
Nigga, let me tell you something about get out of jail free card. Flash ain't one of them
You use that in lane to escape enemy junlger, that just mean the next time he come for you. you ain't getting away that easy, hell, sometime flash won't even save you when Lee Sin, Leblanc, Snare exist
Flash is predictable unless use on wall, but there also ton of champ that could do that
Now get out of jail free card, that is Thresh's Lantern, Ekko's Ult, Shen's ult, Kalista's Ult
Flash is just another tool in many summoner spell you got, you got it, everyone got it.
Also, flash is there to help champ with no mobility such as Mordekaiser, Cho'gath, Annie, Darius....etc
>>
>>337063654
>counterplay

This and "cleanup" being a role are two of the most laughable fucking concepts that have come out of that casualized playpen you call a game.
>>
File: 1453636354364.jpg (91 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1453636354364.jpg
91 KB, 500x750
I want to have sex with Vi
>>
>>337063671
Flash is shit. Thresh hook and whatnot require positioning and strategy from two players, flash is literally press a button over a wall and there you go.
>>
>>337060703

It isn't horrible. It can be used to initiate as well. Most matches above gold typically have no problem securing first blood the moment someone oversteps. Just git gud.
>>
File: mememan.png (190 KB, 512x388) Image search: [Google]
mememan.png
190 KB, 512x388
>>337062096
In doto you have a billion seconds stuns, snares, silences and other overpowered shit though. In League of Legends flash is:
- manaless
- can be used while in combat
- can go over walls
- can be used to abuse shit like annie flash-tibbers

It's on a 5 minutes cooldown that can be reduced through masteries, and thank god they removed distortion from the motherfucking game.

That said, I still hate energy based champions more than Flash 100000x
>>
>>337064164
In addition blink dagger costs gold while flash is free and available from the start of the game.
>>
>>337063761
>Cleanup is getting nerfed hard, it will no longer negate a ton of ultimate abilities from champs and other effects
>>
>>337064328
It's almost like it was a stupid fucking idea.
>>
>>337063671
>incoherent psycho babble
Uh-huh.
>>
>>337063761
what the fuck are you even typing go back to dota you casual memeking
>>
>>337064164

>that said, i still hate energy based champions more than Flash

One of the few good men left, anon.
>>
Why do people still play LoL when Dota is so much superior not only in strategic gameplay but the game is completely free unlike LoL where you have to grind for eternity or pay over a thousand dollars to unlock everything.
>>
>play in season 1 and enjoy it
>season 2 comes
>get tried of the direction the game is going with all the tanky dps and mobility creep

This game could have been so good if Riot didn't fuck it up. Season 2 caused so many problems for them design wise that they've been running in circles trying tro fix it ever since, causing more problems which leads to a viscious cycle of neverending horrible design desicions. Haven't played it in years but it looks like a fucking mess nowadays, and Riot seems like an extremley ego driven company without actually having the talent to back it up.
>>
>>337064164
I'm more mad about how they created heroes that "wouldn't benefit that much from Flash" every fucking champion with a dash
expect that that shit make them even more mobile and fucking annoying.
For characters like Annie is a must because how everyone have fucking dashes, blink, movement speed whatever they shit out of their asses, it's their only way to initiate and/or run away from them.
The latter is more difficult because of the assassin/adc's mobility and how flash makes them even more dangerous.

Manaless heroes AND energy based are fucking cancer, we can't agree more.
The only one that seems balanced on that is Rumble, did they still pick him or he's falled into literally who picks?
>>
>>337064572
Good-luck introducing your irl friends to Dota where the entire game is knowledge based and not micro based.
>>
>>337060703
>aaaah how can no mobility characters get a chance to not get fucked every time they get jumped on its not fair aah
>>
File: Shitposter.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shitposter.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337060703
>one of these threads again
And I just ran out of lube, too.
>>
>>337060703
The reason I don't play LoL is because of the 'pay to win' feeling I get from it.

I boot up DotA or HoN and everything is unlocked from the beginning, the only paid content is cosmetics.

Meanwhile in League of Entrepreneurs I only have a limited free hero pool and have to grind 10000 games just to buy heroes that turn out to be garbage (I'm looking at you Urgot), and to top it all off you don't even have access to all of the summoner spells and buffs, you gotta grind for them. What a shitload of fuck
>>
>>337064841
You moron flash is the excuse Riot uses to not make immobile champions as strong as they should be to compensate and ensure that their esports scene is always flashy fast characters like Ahri, Zed, Lee Sin, etc. Removing flash would force them to rework a lot of shit champs that rely on the spell to function like Galio.
>>
>>337064793
Eh, he is played on jungle and top sometimes, does quite alright depending on the matchup. It's not a very common pick because he is not really in the meta.
>>
>>337065045
>I'm looking at you Urgot
When you brought him?
Because now is considered an OP pick
>>
>>337065239
They buffed urgot? When did this happen
>>
File: 4823180569.png (13 KB, 714x186) Image search: [Google]
4823180569.png
13 KB, 714x186
>>337060703
I can't decide if Flash or the forced lane meta is the worst part about LoL.
I finally quit this shit because of the malz rework, feels amazing.
>>
>>337065045
There are some well designed heroes in that game, Urgot is one of them IMO
>>
>>337062550
5 minute cooldown
>>
>>337063671
>You use that in lane to escape enemy junlger, that just mean the next time he come for you. you ain't getting away that easy
That's literally exactly what "get out of jail free" card means, you fucking dunce
Do you think you get to keep the card forever and never go to jail? Have you never played monopoly in your life?

What's annoying about flash is how it's this extra layer of protection that you need to burn once every 5 minutes before actually ganking someone for a kill. Not to mention how passive it makes the game because tons of engagements are decided by who does and doesn't have their flash up.
>>
I haven't played LoL in years, please tell me they haven't hurt Swain.
>>
>>337065226
How about these changes that they are doing now?
I heard that they changed a lot of spells on some characters and changed some items with those "Maskman, Mage and Tank updates" or someshit.
I see that new EVERY FUCKING ADC ITEM have a %Crit shit on it, they don't even try anymore.

>>337065441
They didn't buffed him much but they buffed the items that he brought and he was a fucking beast
Last year was good, i'm not sure about this year trought.
>>
File: successful human.png (126 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
successful human.png
126 KB, 400x250
>>337060703
>>
>>337064840
>micro
But that's not in LoL either. And you can have some micro heroes.
>>
File: Swain_OriginalSkin.jpg (352 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Swain_OriginalSkin.jpg
352 KB, 1215x717
>>337065690
They buffed him in the most recent patch and gave him swanky new splash art
>>
>>337066149
>that
>swanky
looks like dog shit
>>
>>337065545
That's why I bought him, he looked really cool but wasn't a good champ when I bought him a long time ago
>>
>>337064572
Because LoL is mashier, more responsive, and feels faster paced. It's a lot more appealing to a new player.
It's like CoD vs BFBC2 on consoles.
>>
>>337066448
>faster paced
But it's the other way around.
>>
>>337066339
Bad taste desu senpai
The new artstyle is pretty nice.
Not anything particularly revolutionary, but it fits the game quite well.
>>
>>337064426
nice response, dude
>>
>>337066339
I'd argue that it's better than the old splash. The only complaint I really have is that faggy nail paint, but I don't play Swain so whatever.
>>
File: Singed_SurferSkin.jpg (250 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Singed_SurferSkin.jpg
250 KB, 1215x717
Why is Singed so based? He's literally the only reason I still play this shitty game.
>>
>>337066537
Try reading the word before those two, dipshit
Dota's game pace is a lot faster, but LoL FEELS faster because it has shorter cast/attack animations, shorter cooldowns, higher projectile speed, more mana capacity, etc
>>
>here's some skill you can use 6 times in an average match
>look how casual it is

It has the same fucking cooldown as glyph. Yes you get it for free but jesus christ I'd take a blink dagger that cost 4k gold and took 2 inventory slots over one you can only use every 5 minutes
>>
>>337066149
I wish it had the dank purple/green scheme as the old one
>>
>>337062096
You're seriously deluded if you actually think Dota has more characters with gap closers than LoL.

>and the other 40% can just buy blink dagger
Costs 2250 gold, blocks an item slot with zero stats, can't be used in combat.
>>
File: IceCreamEveryday.jpg (26 KB, 239x230) Image search: [Google]
IceCreamEveryday.jpg
26 KB, 239x230
>>337066924
It will never based again until they rea-dd fucking FORCE OF FUCKING NATURE
Which is probably never
>>
File: 1426475576306.jpg (119 KB, 600x677) Image search: [Google]
1426475576306.jpg
119 KB, 600x677
>main Jarvan for years
>every champ now has a dash or blink and can easily get out of my ult or away from me in general
>can't build full tank like the rest of the meta tanks and dish out damage
>have to build full AD to do damage but get instantly blown up if I do
>Azir's ult blocks both regular movement and dashes/jumps but mine doesn't
Its bad because J4 is balanced now so that means he's shit against the rest of this cancerous roster. Why play J4 when I can just play Ekko and do even more damage while not dying
>>
>>337066931
Glpyh is 5 minutes for the entire team, LoL has 10 separate flashes in each game being used. If each player uses his 4 times in a game you've got 40 flashes. If half of them were used to escape a death that's 20 kills less in that game, and I'd wager more than half of flashes are used to escape as opposed to initiate.
>>
>>337062550
>LoL would had been a better game if they didn't implemented it at all

Half of the champion roster would be overpowered if Flash didn't exist

Imagine playing as Ashe and you have no chance to do anything against the enemy Fizz who just ulted you. League would be a broken-ass mess if they didn't put that there
>>
>>337067495
>Half of the champion roster would be overpowered if Flash didn't exist
They wouldn't be if Flash didn't exist, because they would have been balanced around it not being there.
You didn't do so hot in school, did you?
>>
>>337067495
Except Fizz came after Flash and his design reflects that, all the ridiculous mobility of new characters was designed with flash in mind, so you've got Fizz with two gap closers and a ranged initiation spell because that's what he needed to be able to assassinate in a game where his targets have their own escape skill+flash..
>>
File: 1455252082625.jpg (735 KB, 2340x3056) Image search: [Google]
1455252082625.jpg
735 KB, 2340x3056
>>
>>337067359
This. The main reason I quit league forever is because Riot is AWFUL at keeping old champs balanced alongside new ones, new champs completely invalidate some old ones.

Why the FUCK would you play Taric and not Braum? Why, WHY would you play Nautilus and not Thresh? The list goes on
>>
>>337067760
>all these characters have ridiculous mobility
>therefore fizz needs mobility to deal with it

>implying this has anything to do with flash

I presume you'll respond to this with how each character needs a skill with a 8s CD to counter an ability with a 300s CD
>>
>>337065887
They did some specific rooster updates. First it was Juggernauts (the term they used for retarded tanks), then Marksman and now Mages, obviously making them absurdly broken.

It is okay. They did some neat changes with the new drake system and introduced a new neutral objective to try and reduce the top laner suicide rate by making them less bored.

I really thing the game is steering in the right direction, but they keep doing the same dumb mistakes.
>>
>>337067495
Flash was something to remove in the fucking beta but they decided to keep at that way and now heroes are build around Flash and not other way around, which is why i don't play LoL anymore.
I already said this here >>337064793
The game would had been much more different but i can't image it much, by the way i'm looking at it, they have no idea what to do.
>>
>mages are weak because Riot destroyed their itemization by raising AP item costs
>their solution to this is to overbuff a few mages and just radical change items
>now almost every AP item has CDR on it
I used to think Riot was just greedy but it seems they're actually just really really incompetent.

Mages were "weak" because they were one of the few roles left that actually had to build items to do noticeable damage unlike the majority of new champions who have ludicrously high base damages
>>
>>337067690
>>337067760

Sorry, you are right anons

>>337067983
Because League champions are designed to "not suck" they don't want players to invest their precious IP in champions that suck, that's why they try to make everyone effective, making old champions that do the same job useless

Also, there has been many times where they utterly disagree with a design choice and then they release a champion that contradicts what they just said

>Nerf Talon
>Release Zed

>Nerf Skarner
>Release Vi

>Nerf sustain
>Release Aatrox

The list goes on
>>
>>337067983
>Taric and not Braum
Reworked Taric is actually one of the best supports right now. Braum is good but he's more of a peel protection champion
>Naut and not Thresh
Naut has more reliable CC than Thresh. Thresh is better solely because of his lantern but he's harder to play than Naut
>>
LoL is mostly shit, but I keep playing because I enjoy a few champions. Plus being in Wood Tier keeps the game crazy.
>>
I play and enjoy LoL, but I would not recommend it to new people or just about anyone who isn't already immersed and used to it's mechanics.

fuck tencent
>>
>>337068507
I made an account and i'm level 19, it's amazing how takes forever to find games using Draft Pick and most of the people i see are smurfs anyway

There are no new players in LoL anymore
>>
>>337068470
I haven't played since the Taric update, so I'm not aware
>>
>>337068325
Don't forget the heals.
>Nerf Taric/Soraka/Janna and more supports healing job by nerfing them to the ground
>release shitloads of champions with self-sustain and shields to remove the "need" of heals

The irony in this? They nerfed the supports only after the patch that made healing and CC count towards the assist counter
>>
File: HarrowingThemedSummoner'sRift.jpg (325 KB, 1857x1027) Image search: [Google]
HarrowingThemedSummoner'sRift.jpg
325 KB, 1857x1027
I used to take a shit on LoL's old art style at every opportunity but now I just miss it
It was pretty hard on the eyes but it was cozy, this new desaturated smooth metal look on everything is really lifeless and dull
>>
what's wrong with flash? flash counters flash
>>
>gives stats
>free get out of gank every 20 seconds
>free get any ally out of gank every 20 seconds
>free bring enemy into you for free initiation every 20 seconds

fucking casual shit :^)

>B-B-B-B-UT IT TAKES AN ITEM SLOT
>B-B-B-B--B-BUT IT COSTS GOLD

oh no an item I can get 10 minutes into a game can then can use it 3 times a minute after is so much worse than a spell I can use one every 5 minutes :^)
>>
>>337067983
Naut can tank way more than thresh can, and he's better and sticking to enemy carries like glue with his ulti and passive. thresh is better for making sick plays and saving dumb allies. thresh top also blows where naut top is actually viable.

I can't believe how many threshes I've seen that apparently have no idea that they have an ulti
>>
File: sjJFjJj[1].png (323 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
sjJFjJj[1].png
323 KB, 640x378
>>337068775
don't forget the deformeded splash screens
>>
>>337068905
It's the "correct your mistake button" or "do something that your champion shoudn't be allowed to do button"

It feels like they wanted to implement some sort of strategy but it's just a gamebreaker
>>
>>337067983
It's impossible to keep characters viable under League's design. This isn't because Riot is bad at balancing, but because they're good at it.

Every character in League falls into less than a dozen roles, and they're all optimized to do their job well. This sounds good, but then you realize that they avoided 1s and 10s only to give you 4s and 6s, and as it turns out, there's no point in ever picking a weaker character.

So what we get is 20 characters that play solo-top anti-carry. There's one you ban, there's one the enemy team bans, there's one you pick, and there's one the enemy team picks. There is never any reason to play the remaining 16, because their 49% win-rate makes them useless when you can pick into a 51% win-rate that does the same functional role. Thus, most of the roster will always be useless because characters in one role will always be similar.

The comparison here is DotA where most of the cast is obviously weaker than the rest of the cast, but they each do a specific job extremely well. So you'll pick a character with a 10% win rate because you ended up that 10% of games where they're a free win.
>>
>>337069006
I know this is bait, but when something is built on a short cooldown and just becomes a part of your character that removes a lot of the annoyance of flash. Rather than being this extra layer of protection that needs to be burned off you and that you save only until it's REALLY going to save your ass or earn you a significant kill, it just becomes a part of your every engagement and is always factored in.

It's the same idea as having a dash on your abilities, y'know, like 60% of all LoL characters do
>>
>>337069358
>it's more hardcore because you can use your get out of jail card in every engagement
top kek holy shit dotards really are delusional.
>>
>>337067925
>Rek'sai in so fahnny joke tier

ITS NOT A JOKE

REK'SAI HAS THE BADONK
>>
>>337069095
>that one-inch arm
>that chest
Did Rob Liefeld do this?
>>
>>337069006
If force staff is so good at those things why does nobody build it?

#rekt
>>
>tfw they will probably rework Urgot instead of fixing his W and R
>tfw they will probably butcher him
>>
Another thing I don't like about LoL is how comebacks are impossible. Having a gold lead means everything, and turning the game back is nigh impossible.
You sometimes see 2v5 comebacks in DOTA since the two remaining players stick together, play smart and abuse the fact that they earn more exp and gold than the other team and snowball out of control.
On LoL youre never going to see an amazing comeback, a sudden power spike on the losing team (getting a key item), or anything like that.
In LoL they'll just hit the surrender button.

That's why I don't like LoL.
>>
>>337071418
A match of LoL:

Annie vs Annie, whoever gets the lead wins, because Annie #1 can do everything Annie #2 can but better

DotA

Annie vs. Xerath: Even if Annie has a lead on Xerath, all that he needs to do is be safe of her range and catch her if she makes a mistake

Losing in DotA feels like having a gun with one bullet left while your enemy has 10, you can still get your enemy with that 1 bullet
>>
File: what is anatomy.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what is anatomy.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
>>337069095
The new ones can be just as bad.
>>
>>337071418
I despise LoL a lot. But i like to play HotS because im a huge casual and i don't like to play competitively.
>>
>>337069609
>I either refuse to read or cannot comprehend basic logic
top kek holy shit lelbabs really are delusional.
>>
File: 1462201171951.jpg (190 KB, 623x414) Image search: [Google]
1462201171951.jpg
190 KB, 623x414
>>337071730
Wow, but this is just ridiculous
Great professional work
>>
>>337071770
Same, i used to love the shit out of DotA1, but i played League for 3 years in a row before i even knew about Dota2, i can still get into it but i'm just too retarded to perform right, and keeping up with a lot of mechanics is more of a chore to me

I won't say DotA is a shit game though, it has a lot more thought put into it than LoL but that's why i can't play it
>>
>>337071975
A lot of people got into LoL first and dont want to switch. Many of my friends recognize that as a game DotA is better overall, but they don't want to learn a whole meta all over again and that's understandable.
>>
>>337071418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1cInYsyNr0&t=46m12s
>>
File: 1393205040345.jpg (8 KB, 261x191) Image search: [Google]
1393205040345.jpg
8 KB, 261x191
>>337069609
So what you're saying is that LoL is the most casual one because nearly everyone has their own short cooldown gap closer on top of flash and mages even now have a force staff equivalent too?
>>
File: tumblr_mzfxbeH6FY1rh7drbo1_500.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzfxbeH6FY1rh7drbo1_500.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>337071418
I hate to be "that guy", but I've played league casually for a number of years mostly with friends, ending up around plat 2.

Comebacks are always possible, less so in ranked but very much possible in normals, you just outplay and outposition your opponent. Rotations are absolutely key, and mastery over a champions mechanics show 100% when it comes to close games.

A video to skim through a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvBvUzswb30

While the skillcap is a bit excessively different for the video it shows how by just being good their individual skill levels were able to make up for being down 2 people.

A majority of the players I have met who tell me things about champions being too imbalanced or game mechanics being retarded are silver and don't know how to play around them.

That being said the mechanically superior game is doto, I just still play league because my friends do.
>>
>>337072127
>but they don't want to learn a whole meta all over again
You don't have to do because dota doesn't have a "meta"
>>
>>337072383
DotA's meta is more deep than LoL. If DotA doesn't have a meta, then what does LoL have?
>>
>>337072479
>If DotA doesn't have a meta, then what does LoL have?
A forced team comp and lane layout that literally never changes from match to match
>>
>>337072342
>>337072241
Key, nigh impossible, nigh.
They're more commonplace in DotA.

>That being said the mechanically superior game is doto, I just still play league because my friends do.
Damn, that phrase is so common. I play LoL too because of that reason, but thankfully I met some people that also play it. I'll queue up LoL with my friends from time to time, but yeah.
>>
>>337072383
But DotA has a lot of interesting mechanics that take a bit to be aware of and exploit. You have to experience them a lot to be aware of them, a new player won't have any idea how things like Dagger or effects like Ethereal or Airborne work when they start playing

>>337072479
DotA DOES have a Metagame
LoL only has "these 10 champions are more buffed than the others, so pick them"
>>
>>337072342
there are no comebacks in league, only throws
>>
>>337072342
The only times i've been allowed a comeback are when enemies do mistakes that i can exploit, most of the time they throw the game away because they get too cocky with their advantage
>>
>>337072605
>But DotA has a lot of interesting mechanics that take a bit to be aware of and exploit. You have to experience them a lot to be aware of them, a new player won't have any idea how things like Dagger or effects like Ethereal or Airborne work when they start playing
That's not what meta means
>>
>>337072565
That's one thing I fucking hate about LoL.
The Lane layout is so forced, you get reported for even trying out something different.

Like, I get it, the game is designed in such a way that certain lane layouts are so effective there's no reason to try anything else, but fuck if Im going to play a game for an unholy amount of hours, I should be allowed to experiment and try new stuff.
>>
>>337072565
You seem to be playing alone, get a group of buds and try going bruiser botlane or swap it up. Leagues meta formed because people realized certain things shit on others, same reason why cho was played and died out over a season without receiving any changes, his natural prey was being played mid.

>>337072632
>>337072715
A throw for an enemy is a comeback for your team. Simply saying a team should be able to RNG the odds their way to win even though having made mistakes to get behind in the first place sounds horribly imbalanced.

Letting players make comebacks through outplay is much different.
>>
All mobas are for retards, mobas are basically console games, they cap at about 60 APM which is 1/5th of the APM required to be competent at the game they spawned from.
>>
>>337065034
>using lube
>>
>>337072952
Why is low APM universally bad?
I play melee Fox, and his normal APM goes from 200 to 750 APM. I also used to play Gunz: The Duel, the king of APM games.

Sometimes I want to have fun with a strategic team game without hurting my fingers. MOBAs are Ok for that.
>>
>>337072791
I didn't say that was what a Meta was, i was explaining why a new player might have trouble with DotA

>>337072885
There aren't many champions with Outplay potential in League
>>
>>337072885
>You seem to be playing alone, get a group of buds and try going bruiser botlane or swap it up.
Because I'll fucking lose since the game is completely designed around that one forced playstyle being the most efficient by a wide margin, because the matchmaking literally forces that team comp, because if I'm already playing with friends I might as well just play dota where varying team comps and lanes are actually a part of the game and not a gimmick joke comp you play in casual side matches.
Any other questions?

>nah it's okay you don't have to follow the shitty forced meta, just throw the game instead lol
>>
>>337072952
While I don't disagree, low APM is not a terrible thing, having to press a button fast and efficiently can often be less skilled then thinking about when to press it.
>>
>>337073112
It's not bad so long as you acknowledge it's basically a console game.

Almost every major PC esport relies on mostly skill, high APM, good aim, etc.

Mobas require you to know the game, which is basically the same as console Esports.
>>
>>337073367
IMHO Fighting games, which could be classified as "console esports", take more skill than most PC esports.
>>
>>337073447
It's okay to have a wrong opinion
>>
>>337073625
>requires higher reaction times
>harder inputs
>complex frame-perfect meta
>mindgames of the highest caliber (biggest mindgame level in all of pvp videogames)
What PC esport could top them? CS:GO? HAHAHAHA
>>
>>337061908
>random get out of jail free card.
then gank more since its a 200+ second jailfree card
>>
>>337073338
Your opinion is that nothing can be done outside of the meta, yet people break it all the time, I saw a high elo match won using nothing but zzrot portals and banner of command.

There is nothing wrong with disliking a game or parts about a game, but claiming there are no alternatives to it's structure is simply excusing badness.

>>337073303
I would argue almost any of the champs past like 2014 have outplay potential, older champs are being remade.
>>
>>337073774
You make all these claims but don't even reference what game you're comparing it to.

Kind of makes it obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>337073960
Fighting have a lot of crossover, they just vary slightly.
SF has higher focus on neutral, while GG is more execution heavy. And Mahvel is a fuckfest of chaos.
>>
>>337073946
>I saw a high elo match won using nothing but zzrot portals and banner of command.
What does that have to do with team composition and lane positions?
>>
>>337060703
It's easy to bait, not even half as good as similar champ abilities and has a huge cooldown. It's no more overpowered than exhaust which is pretty much a confirmed kill when used correctly.
>>
>>337074143
Are you stupid? What PC esports are you comparing fighting games to?
>>
>>337074143
2D fighters a shit, Soul Calibur for life.

tfw my series is dead
>>
>>337073774
You know league is popular as a "sport" because it appeals to a fuckhuge audience, even casual players can tune in and get a good understanding.

Quite literally the only people who can tune into higher skill events like FGC games or SC2 are people who are very devoted to the game itself, that level of required meta knowledge is too much to make it available as a spectator sport.
>>
>>337067359

What if they removed the AOE damage on Ult and gave it the "stops dashes" thing now?

Fix the damn bugs that let people like Vayne tumble out of it too
>>
>>337074150
Meant as a counterpoint to the statement that you are required to follow a meta.

Singed existing is evidence to that.
>>
>>337064543
You forgot mana less champions
>>
>>337074324
Removing the aoe hurts him more, either make it more like a "1v1 whoevers in my bubble" or make it a fuckhuge aoe damage.
>>
>>337072383
sweet, in that case I'll just jump straight in and not read up on items or anything. hope we get matched together! :-)
>>
>>337067359
>main Jarvan for years
j4 was ult was always easily escapable now and then fag
its suposed to be coded as minions so everything who ignore minion collision have a freepass
you arent a j4 main lol
>>
>>337074434
The only "statements" made were referring to team composition and lane structure.
>>
>>337074434
Singed and Heimerdinger are horrible picks

Why? Because the game doens't support their gameplay, they almost feel like you are breaking the game when you are playing as them

This is especially true with Singed since he is such a good proxy, it almost feels like i shoudn't be allowed to do that in this game wich is why you will never see them in competitive or anywhere unless you meet "That one master Singed player"

You also need to butcher their identity to make them viable
>>
File: 1275280105345.jpg (25 KB, 510x384) Image search: [Google]
1275280105345.jpg
25 KB, 510x384
>>337074535
see
>>337072791
>>
>>337062550
its like when blink dagger was not disabled on damage in dota 1

all heroes had it as a core, even the ones with blink

it was just too fuckin good
>>
Repetitive team based multiplayer over and over and over. MOBA such a shit genre. That and CoD is such brain dead gameplay over and over and over. Unless your pro-level and getting paid why the fuck would you play any of these so much? I'll take Destiny, Souls or even Starcraft over MOBAs and Call of Duty
>>
>>337074796
Never think of competitive as the way the game should be played.

Even in Dota2 there are things you couldn't do against a premade using voice chat on both sides.
>>
>>337065510
I still play the game with friends but since they nerfed rengar ive given up on playing the game alone

Darius alone doesnt make me want to play the game anymore
>>
>>337067359
Dota 2 already solved this problem with Clockwork. Essentially he has Jarvan's ult as a skill and he has battery assault to keep them from using skills with long wind ups.

Can't LoL do something similar? Make his ult snare for a second or something?
>>
>>337074926
My problem with MOBA is that it's 30 minutes of hardly anything happening for a potential 10-15 minutes of mild entertainment.
>>
>>337064318
You have to be a certain level to unlock flash.
>>
>>337067163
I still don't understand why they removed it. Their reasoning was that the tanky stats and the mobility meant were somehow conflicting so it wasn't clear who would want it, EVEN THOUGH TANKS ARE OFTEN THE SLOWEST CHARACTERS AND THUS WOULD WANT MOBILITY.
>>
>>337075212

Learn Jungle
>>
>>337075296
Jungle is even more of nothing happening, it's closer to pure PVE than regular laning.
>>
>>337075429
yeah if you just sit around and click creeps nothing will happen

try fighting the enemy heroes instead of playing farm simulator and you might find that these games are only as action-packed as you make them
>>
>>337069095
A lot of them were done by taking the in-game model and photoshopping over it. It was only later when they started to make them from scratch.
>>
>>337075296
Jungle is the same shit just more spread out.
>>
>>337075583
I don't think you actually got my post. I'm saying laning is more engaging than jungling because you're harrassing and skirmishing with players the entire time. I'm not saying assfaggots are too much pve.
>>
>>337065034
what's the original from?
>>
File: 1314911826378.jpg (116 KB, 1260x1085) Image search: [Google]
1314911826378.jpg
116 KB, 1260x1085
>>337060703
GET BACK HERE FAGGOT
>>
>Closed beta tester
>Frequenter of their General Discussion forum
>Devs came in and interacted with us frequently
>Few threads throughout asking if they are going to remove/alter flash
>They say they will probably remove it
>Sighs of relief all around
>Game is released and they play dumb saying that they never said that
>Energy Champions
>Mana-less Champions
>Lore Destruction
>Horrid release balances

I dropped this game when Nami came out. It was a complete downward spiral in quality but people just did not care.
>>
>>337076129
Overlord
>>
>>337063671
>you got it, everyone got it
Another reason why this spell is fucking retarded. It's literally mandatory for almost every build.

You wanna see actives done right? See Smite.
>>
>>337077071
>You wanna see actives done right? See Smite.
Are you not aware that they turned the actives system into literally summoner spells a month or two ago?
Even then it was still a far worse system than just having itemization have a utility focus and having all the actives there
>>
>meanwhile
>Dota has had Blink Dagger forever
Ah yes, League of Cuckshitbabbies
>>
File: Lore.png (3 MB, 2466x1468) Image search: [Google]
Lore.png
3 MB, 2466x1468
>NO WINTER MAP
>>
>>337063771
I second this, more Fat Hands porn when?
>>
>>337077214
Still miles better than leagues.

Being able to pick and choose your spells as the game progresses promotes way better counterplay.
>>
>>337077684
People still get "flash" for free at level one though.
>>
>>337064841
Maybe the game could've, you know, been competently designed
>>
I think all Lol needs is turn rates.

Instant movement in any direction is so broken for ganks
>>
>>337065034
> not the version with sound
Man, anon did such a good job. Thanks /a/
>>
>>337078158
>turn rates
that idea is retarded as fuck
>>
File: escape.png (1 MB, 1557x867) Image search: [Google]
escape.png
1 MB, 1557x867
>>337062096
>67 characters have escape!
More like 42, and thats if we use extremely vague terms for "Escape"

Non stealth reliant, completely disjointing attacks with a blink or so, and we actually only have Puck, AM, QoP, SSpirit, Weaver, Morphling, ESpirit, and maybe Slark

oh and
>he thinks he knows DoTA2 through reddit posts
>>
>>337075296
>le change shit every half a season role

It's been made into a complete meme
>>
>>337078427
It pretty much exists in all RTS games, and it certainly existed for many third person/fps games.
>>
>>337064572

A big thing is LoL has much more appealing character to a broader audience.

Dota 2 champs are not only boring but ugly.
>>
File: 1439746983273.jpg (141 KB, 800x683) Image search: [Google]
1439746983273.jpg
141 KB, 800x683
>>337078967
spoken like a true pleb
>>
>>337078967
Do you want to play a competitive game that isnt FPS or RTS?
>Yes
Do you want to win, but work hard and coordinate with your team with certain micro-managing aspects and advantages/disadvantages of each situation/character?
>Yes
Play DoTA2
>No
Play Smite
>No, but can i win all the time and report people who best me?
League of Legends is calling your name anon
>>
>>337078967
Because the girls look like anime characters.
>>
>>337075429

it's guerilla warfare role, you can farm champions
>>
>>337060703
Do people actually still play LoL? Is the playerbase still growing? I quit that shit back in s3 because the game is garbage and the devs are trash at balancing (simplest example is turn speed not existing, so melee characters in LoL are either worthless or completely broken op).
>>
File: there's honking to be done.gif (88 KB, 336x240) Image search: [Google]
there's honking to be done.gif
88 KB, 336x240
>yfw no more Lyte
>>
>>337078967
Dotas heroes look like actual forces of nature unlike lels anime girls.
>>
>>337079671
>Is the playerbase still growing
We will literally never know
>Riot/10C never post active users, just some really stretched out number list that refers to the people in china who use ALL tencent products
>revenue is just as big a mystery
>all players who are pro have to agree to be payed by riot and no one else, and their endorsements go to riot
Riot is equivalent to those old timey company cities in america
>>
>>337079562
That's weird that at least 50% of the laning phase you're just afk farming neutrals that stand still and autoattack you then
>>
>>337080509

Well it's the most active role in the game. If you're a laner you kill creeps for gold/exp, if you're jungle you kill monsters for gold/exp, that doesn't mean you're only thinking about that though.

You're always moving, thinking about who to gank and where the enemy jungler is. In lane you're always near your enemy and you're not just going to let each-other free farm.
>>
File: 1456348480807.jpg (119 KB, 1036x521) Image search: [Google]
1456348480807.jpg
119 KB, 1036x521
>>337079942
>All of Lyte's ideas failed and went nowhere

Do people even remember the stupid like button at the end of every match?
>>
>>337080802
>If you're a laner you kill creeps for gold/exp, if you're jungle you kill monsters for gold/exp
If you're a laner you also harass and zone the enemy player, jungling doesn't have that. Also it's not like laners don't get to go for kills like junglers do.
>>
Played six months of this garbage... It was simply the worst experience I've ever had in my life. The community's full of toxic kiddies and the game's a huge fucking time waste. Played like 5 games and there goes my entire afternoon. Plus I'd always end up stressed out due to trashy team mates.

I'm glad I dropped it before I got more addicted.
>>
File: jj.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>337081158
>Played six months of this garbage... It was simply the worst experience I've ever had in my life. The community's full of toxic kiddies and the game's a huge fucking time waste. Played like 5 games and there goes my entire afternoon. Plus I'd always end up stressed out due to trashy team mates

That's every multiplayer team game ever created with a global chat function

>>337079671
I can tell you, i play on the LAS server, Draft Pick matches can take up to an hour to find on my level (Level 19), Blind Pick matches can take up to just 1 minute but i get smurfs almost on every match

To be honest i can't tell wether i've seen new players besides me
>>
>>337081418
>That's every multiplayer team game ever created with a global chat function
I don't think so. LoL is at an entirely different level. Way too many kids and tenagers. I had a better experience in Dota 2 when I played it.
>>
>>337081515
>I don't think so. LoL is at an entirely different level. Way too many kids and tenagers

>Based on this statistics i just pulled out of my ass
>Implying someone above the age of 20 can't act like a stupid kid

I've played DotA2 and found toxic players there too anon, otherwise they woudn't need a report system to begin with
>>
>>337081036
>He doesn't counterjungle
>He doesn't remember boxstack
>>
>>337080046
PA, Lina and Lanaya could look like weeb trash with the right cosmetics though.
>>
>>337064025

>require positioning and strategy

No, I play thresh all the time, all it requires is that the squishy person you throw your lantern to isn't completely fucking retarded and realizes that the lantern has been thrown to get them out of there as quickly as possible and they really should click it. It doesn't even require good positioning because unless you're being constantly slowed, nine times out of ten you will run much farther ahead of the ADC due to your movespeed, and in quite a small amount of time and you can just throw lantern back when you're far enough away for it to count.
>>
>>337065510
What exactly is wrong with alternative laning?
>>
File: kimahri_3.jpg (82 KB, 859x747) Image search: [Google]
kimahri_3.jpg
82 KB, 859x747
>>337082123
Phantom Lancer literally is weebtrash
>>
>>337082848
Because it forces them to actually balance the game properly
>>
>>337082848
I guess it goes against how the champions are designed
>>
>>337082848
Riot can barely balance characters so that they fit in a stale rigid system that hasn't changed for 6 years
Imagine the shitshow that the game would become if you could actually do other things, and they had to balance around that
>>
>>337082848
>>337083583

The 1-1-2 lane composition is so hammered in that sometimes even in high elo games you can completely stomp games by just switching lanes or coming up with surprise picks

Can't tell you how many games i've won just by sending the ADC top
>>
>>337083418
>simple spear fisherman
>shitty ass wizard leads troops to your home
>you and all your friends are sent to war
>all you friends die
>using pure skill you never thought you had and the anger of whats been lost to drive you through his motherfucking tower
>finally get to his inner sanctum, you kill the bastard in a pitched battle where he explodes into light because wizards
>when you can see, all your dead brothers are standing with you and they will always stand with you
>you vanish, to spare your home the curse of your existence
If you would count shit like Beserk weeb trash then maybe.
>>337082848
Since mid season two, that lane set-up is so ingrained in everyone that Riot makes champions specifically to fit into that meta. And despite all the reworks, they will not break that meta the same way Icefrog radically changes dota with every major patch.
>>
File: 346628-kimahri_2.jpg (150 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
346628-kimahri_2.jpg
150 KB, 640x400
>>337084334
No I mean that Phantom Lancer is a fucking fanmade model of Kimahri from Final Fantasy X
>>
File: GL8EeAe.webm (1 MB, 1208x690) Image search: [Google]
GL8EeAe.webm
1 MB, 1208x690
>>337067925
>sona not in badonk

This list needs updating.
>>
>>337060703

The worst part isn't just Flash, it's that over half of the champions in LoL also have an additional method of escaping, some of them have multiple methods.

You might argue that DotA has blink dagger and a lot of blinks too, but blink dagger costs money, uses an item slot and cannot be used while in combat and a lot of the blinks heroes have are situational or require some amount of skill to use, there is very few that are simply point and click to instantly move to another location.
>>
>see the new hechtech rocket belt
>OH BOY RIOT ADDED BLINK DAGGER AWW YISS
>It literally moves the distance of this -> <-

I knew they would never do fun items.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.