[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raiden V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: Raiden5Cover.jpg (469 KB, 640x807) Image search: [Google]
Raiden5Cover.jpg
469 KB, 640x807
It's coming out in two days, any xbots getting it?
>>
>>337051959
Fuck, I don't wanna buy an Xbone just for Raiden

Have fun Xbro
>>
Xboner here. What is this game? I've seen it mentioned a few thousand times before on xbone comfy threads but I've never looked into it. I'm not really a fan of weebshit but now that it's close to release my curiosity is kicking in.
>>
>>337051959
Fuck, I forgot about this. Hopefully it'll eventually get a pc port like raiden iv overkill.
>>
>>337053504
you could have looked it up on youtube or something you dumb lazy faggot
>>
>>337053840
Yeah but I'm a dumb lazy faggot so I want you to red pill me.
>>
>>337053504
Raiden is a series of fast-paced shoot 'em ups that focus on different things than what the genre is generally known for. It fills the screen with bullets, but for very different reasons, and the mechanics are more focused on just giving a satisfying and relentless experience.

There's no slowdown, unlike CAVE's games, and enemies directly aim at you in the middle of bullethell patterns, which isn't all that common in the genre. It's a tad more satisfying than the general 2hu shooter.

Though, the downside is that the visuals look like early 360 tier and the game costs $50 for what's in theory an one-hour playthrough with about 50 challenge missions in a separate mode, so it's not exactly worth the cash unless you really want to throw money at a niche game about dodging bullets at high speeds with your VF-19 and getting good enough to clear it without dying. It's a pretty refreshing genre for washing your mouth of the AAA gaming bullshit, though.
>>
>>337053504

Goddamn kids these days. I never thought I'd see the day.

>Not playing Raiden Trad
>Not playing Gradius
>Not playing Ikaruga

All of my ree
>>
>>337054163
and i want you to kill yourself
>>
>>337054189
>50 bucks
that better be for a physical version with extra stuff, i love shoot em up games but i dont think i could pay more that 20 bucks for one
>>
>>337054585
Haha no, digital only in 'merica, MOSS are pretty jewish and for some reason they also decided to add in voice acting in the english release. Jap release was $65 but it came with the soundtrack disc.

I paid $50 for my Saidaioujou import back in the day, though, so I guess I can do the same for Raiden.
>>
>>337054585

You're why the genre is all but dead.
>>
>>337054916
that could just be because next to nobody is making shoot em ups any more, i wouldn't mind paying the price if i got more than just the game like give me a soundtrack and a artbook at least
>>
Does nobody ever NOT want to get the purple laser in these games?
>>
>>337054905
>digital only in 'merica
what!?
>>
wait until Raiden V Overkill comes out on steam.
>>
>>337056070
It's only getting a digital release in the US/EU, but you can import the retail version from Japan since the xbone is region free.
>>
I already have it. I don't think i'll get it again though. It looks like theres gonna be some great engrish in the localized version judging from the website and trailer for it.
>>
>>337056105
>steam
Five years from now?
>>
>>337057821
>I already have it.

What do you think of it? I'm still not sure whether I should get it or not.
>>
>tfw own Raiden IV on 360
>tfw will never git gud enough to get those 1CC achievements
>>
>>337056207
And since the Xbone does region free better, it'll also have the English text and voices if you do decide to get the Japanese physical copy.
>>
>>337058000
I've only played it twice, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. The only other raiden game i've played is 4 overkill, and I like it better than that one. It has more weapon customization, different routes based on performance, and I like the soundtrack quite a bit. The only bad things off the top of my head are no tate mode and it seems to only have 1 loop.
>>
>>337054214
Elderly old man here, playing on console controllers would feel far too weird. Probably the only time an arcade stick wouldn't seem pretentious.
>>
>>337059760
>And since the Xbone does region free better

?
>>
>>337060236
For the Xbone, there is only one version of a game with all the languages. People who already bought the Japanese copy of Raiden V won't have to repurchase an English version again unlike the PS3 & PS4. Also when purchasing digital copies from different regions you don't need to make a separate account for each region. That's why people were able to get digital version of Dark Souls III early on the Xbone.
>>
>>337051959
Xbots don't like Japanese games. Japanese devs really need to stop trying to make them happy.
>>
>>337053504
>it's Japanese so it's weeb
It's a fucking space ship shooter. There are no anime characters.
>>
>>337060828
but i've been playing sword of the stranger all day
>>
>>337060745
Wow... uh, Microsoft is actually pretty based compared to Sony.

Does this mean that games that are censored for localized versions on PS4/WiiU would still be in full glory on Xbone?
>>
>>337061558
And you are clearly the minority. How many people that owned 360s do you think also owned Ketsui or Mushihimesama? Average user would look at something like that and think "what is this weird shit" without giving it a chance and seeing as how hardly anyone in Japan owns Microsoft consoles, I'm surprised they put games like this on them in the first place.
>>
>>337061562
Theoretically yes, all you'd have to do after you purchase the game is switch your console region to Japan and then you'd be playing the Japanese version, regardless if you bought the English version from the US store.
>>
>>337061826
That stands for literally all modern platforms, dude.
>>
>>337061826
well considering those games never came out to america(well i no mushi just came out on steam not sure if that counts) not many but i do know plenty of people who play weeb games on xbox, yeah i know the average weeb wouldn't be playing on xbox now but im starting to think the average weeb is becoming a minority on playstaion too
>>
>>337060918
Like I said, I've never looked too much into it. It was probably wrong to assume it was weebshit before looking at gameplay. But c'mon...

>Japanese characters on box art
>Lens flare coming from title lettering
>Only ever talked about on 4chan
Calling it weebshit based on these 3 facts is a pretty reasonable assumption imo.
>>
>>337054214
>Raiden Trad
It's like you want the guy to hate the franchise forever or something
>>
>>337062026
Fair point, no one cares about scrolling shooters anymore in general, even asians, but I thought they'd at least put them on a platform that potentially has the biggest install base of their kind.
>>337062153
Yeah, you're right, most people don't care about imports regardless of platform except for Vita players, and Deathsmiles 2 is the only game I can think of right off the bat that has an actual American release.
>>
>>337062459
I get your point, but
>Japanese characters on box art
It's just a language. This is like dismissing anything in Spanish as spic shit only Mexicans would like.
Also, isn't lens flare something that JJ Abrams is most known for?
>>
>>337062832
>Also, isn't lens flare something that JJ Abrams is most known for?

Yeah but lens flares seem to be very common on logos on weeb games.
>>
I'll just watch Mark Bussler review it
>>
>>337065257
I don't think he actually has an Xbone.
>>
File: 1418067278412.jpg (17 KB, 320x375) Image search: [Google]
1418067278412.jpg
17 KB, 320x375
>>337051959

>Xbone will be the console this gen for shumps as 360 was the shmups console for its respective gen

God, it's great to be an xcuck.

Today I just received my import copy of Strangers of Sword City from AmiAmi, and much to my surprise there is actually an English language option.
>>
File: 0001.png (25 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
25 KB, 240x320
>>337051959
>It's coming out in two days, any xbots getting it?
Is it coming out here? I didn't think it would be localized so fast.
It doesn't look that great anyways, it's got way too much going on in the hud and it really doesn't feel like a raiden game.

II and IV still best raidens
>>
>>337066174
>>337060745
See
>>
>>337066381

That's pretty informative. Cool.
>>
>>337065735
He has one now. And even if he didn't, I'm pretty sure he likes Raiden THAT much.
>>
>>337066194
>II and IV still best raidens

Funny, V is mostly like I and III in a few ways.
>>
>>337051959
>Buying Raiden original releases
No thanks, I'll wait for the playstation overkill edition with more stages and more everything with no way to get the content on xbox
>>
>>337066649
How so?
>>
>>337066194
>II
My favorite soundtrack of the Raiden games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2W2LAFlkOE
>>
File: 1431413536062.jpg (14 KB, 342x280) Image search: [Google]
1431413536062.jpg
14 KB, 342x280
>>337067214
The game also has the nicest spritework and explosion juice I've ever seen, as far as I'm aware nothing even comes close to topping it.

>small enemies fall in the direction you shot them out of the sky and explode on the ground
>explosions send out tons of shrapnel with particle effects when each piece hits the dirt
>those spark bursts as big enemies go through damage phases
>trees lighting on fire when shit lands on them
>first boss stomping through buildings, splashing in the water, shit flying everywhere

Makes my dick diamonds
It's a pity I'm so fucking bad at the game, I'd love to own a cab and git gud at it. I can only imagine how great it looks with an official PCB on a CRT
>>
File: 1446609964366.jpg (58 KB, 680x618) Image search: [Google]
1446609964366.jpg
58 KB, 680x618
>>337051959
>Battlefield 1
>Gears 4
>Crackdown 3
>HaaH WaaW 2
>Anything else that isn't announced/I forgot

There is so much shit coming in October that I just can't afford this

why did they have to close it all together like that
>>
>>337067103
Visuals suck like Raiden I, gameplay is really reminiscent of III rather than IV but far sped up and it has some II/III weapons, also stages are pretty similar to III's in a lot of things. That's not to say it doesn't do its thing, though, it's probably the most focused on fast pacing out of all of MOSS' Raiden games.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.