[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FNV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
I'm starting New Vegas for the first time today. what mods do I want? graphics aren't that important but I really only ever enjoy the scrub phase in Bethesda games, is there a mod that makes you count your bullets all throughout the game while still being fun?
>>
>>337049984
Project Nevada
NMCs textures
Fallout Character Overhaul
Wasteland Clothes HD
Nevada Skies

That's literally all you need. WMX and the Weapon retexture project are okay (but it always fucks up the .357 magnum handgun for some reason, I really can't figure out what is going on there) but no necessary.

And that's it. Just make sure you play on normal difficulty with hardcore mode on. Higher difficulties make enemies bullet sponges like other Bethesda games and the rebalance that project nevada introduces makes up for it. Hardcore adds good features too.
>>
>>337051503
thanks I'll look into that
>>
>>337052626
NV is pretty solid on its own. I'd say the only essential mod in my list is Project Nevada, it just adds so much and is a really great mod. The others are mostly graphical enhancements, which while not necessary, really do add a lot to the game. Remember to get NVSE as well.

If you get bored of NV, lookup a mod called "DUST". It's a complete overhaul that's reasonably well done. It essentially picks up the story some number of years after the events of NV. Tunnelers invade the Mojave, the NCR has collapsed in the region, and the Legion is back in the area, a shadow of its former self. It really changes the game dramatically and gets rid of fast travelling and most friendly NPCs. You need all the DLC and GRA though. It's worth a playthrough, but it is frustratingly difficult, at least at first.
>>
>>337051503
I would get Project Neveda for the second play through.
>>
File: mods .jpg (551 KB, 1446x884) Image search: [Google]
mods .jpg
551 KB, 1446x884
>>337049984
You underage cunt you need to dedicate whole day to pick best mods for you from Nexus.

Don't be a pleb. You are better than that. New Vegas is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMskjKZ4r4E&index=33&list=PLEC4A26B75DF33734
>>
Unlimited Companion
Difficulty to Very Hard

Fun times.
>>
Big Iron
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 555x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 555x415
>>337051503
>FCO
>>
>>337055905
I actually just started using it. I like it so far, everyone looks... different...

I guess I'm so used to the vanilla face textures that it just takes some getting used to. The glowing ghouls actually glow now, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>337049984
vicious wastes will make you conserve ammo, there's even settings to change the abundance on finding ammo as well as other supplies
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.