[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it, /v/. Everything I've ever seen about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg (286 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg
286 KB, 1024x576
I don't get it, /v/.
Everything I've ever seen about ND games since Uncharted 1 has shown them to be made for the cutscenes, not the gameplay. Like, it feels like the devs' cool ideas are mostly centered around the non-interactive story, and then make up bland and tried third person cover-shooting and light platforming as the vehicles that take you from one cutscene to the next.
It's like a bizarro Thief game. Just walking around in the Bafford mansion gives you the sense that the game is made because most of the devs' cool ideas were about level design whereas the cutscenes take you from one world to another.

So why the fuck does almost everyone from fans to the press claim The Last of Us and the Uncharted games as the
>citizen kanes
of vidya?
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 170x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 170x200
>>337047198
Because they're idiots.

If I wanted to play a cinematic game, I'd go to the cinema and watch a movie.
>>
Speaking of the citizen kane meme, why in god's cock are people treating games like derivatives of film rather than a unique, separate medium with the potential for things that (shock of all shocks) films can't do.
>>
File: 14628255308540.jpg (310 KB, 1168x1988) Image search: [Google]
14628255308540.jpg
310 KB, 1168x1988
>>337047198
Say it with me!
>STRONG
>INDEPENDENT
>WOMAN
>>
>>337048467
lel, were you seriously expecting anything from the studio that removed donut drake?
>>
>>337047331
>If I wanted to play a cinematic game
>I'd go to the cinema
>and watch a movie
>If I wanted to play
>>
>>337047198
Hype and marketing and a fear of fanboys
>>
File: Nintendrone.png (32 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
Nintendrone.png
32 KB, 808x805
>pic related: the thread
>>
>>337048968
To be fair this game has about as much gameplay as your general movie.
>>
I don't get that Citizen Kane comparison anyway. Do they even understand why Citizen Kane was groundbreaking? Apart from 'it's that famous movie'
>>
>>337049982
No they just think it's the bestest movie
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.