[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain why this company is popular? I really can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: blizz-1330538518.jpg (31 KB, 530x244) Image search: [Google]
blizz-1330538518.jpg
31 KB, 530x244
Can someone explain why this company is popular? I really can't work it out. It seems like everything they make is just a copy of something by someone else.
>>
>>337032401

This is some dollar store bait, my friend.
>>
>>337032748
Name a single original game from blizzard
>>
File: greeds-domain-concept1.jpg (674 KB, 1200x770) Image search: [Google]
greeds-domain-concept1.jpg
674 KB, 1200x770
Fun gameplay, very unique graphics-style + comfy CGI, great sound design, stable games, little big details and every game is made with lots of love. Thats their secret and the reason why they are so popular.
>>
>>337032748

>bait
>80 % of "their" stuff is just warhammer shit

I love the games but cmon anon
>>
>>337032401
They were great 15 years ago
>>
they were a pretty big deal at one point, also revolutionized RTS, created the super popular diablo series which was one of the first "mainstream" games to have rogue like qualities, and of course world of warcraft.

but yes they are pretty god awful now and filled to the brim with lazy do nothings that sit around the office and play hearthstone all day
>>
obvious bait aside wc2 +bnet, starcraft were my favorite pc games when I was like 7 then diablo II came out and it was all over

obviously hearthstone, hots, diablo 3 and overwatch are dreck but blizzard is a business. they're not blizz north anymore, they're huge and they will make huge money on hearthstone
>>
>>337032401
>Largest and pretty much the only "big" MMO out there
>arguably the only popular action RPG
>Most popular Vdeo Cardgame
>Shitty moba
>New team based class shooter
huh, wonder why.
>Only RTS with a large compet. scene right now
huh, wonder why.
>>
File: 1460369069537.jpg (178 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1460369069537.jpg
178 KB, 770x711
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdAgCrH76oo
>>
>>337032401

If this isn't bait then

Starcraft: BW
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3

These three games + battle.net are the reasons.

Those games were so damn good that even 15 years later the current shitshow monkey circus of a game company that is present day Acti-Blizzard is getting carried by their legacy.
>>
Stage two of grieving: Anger
>>
File: 1381800843392.jpg (204 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1381800843392.jpg
204 KB, 1600x1067
>Warcraft only exists b/c Games Workshop canceled their Warhammer game at the last minute trying to leave Blizzard with nothing but unused unpaid assets
>Blizzard turned it into a series 100X more popular than Warhammer will ever be
>Games Workshop end up plagiarizing the Zerg designs from Starcraft because their original Tyranid designs were complete shit

Pretty incredible when you think about it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.