[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game gives you an array of weapons and abilities making you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: dishonored-mainjpg-6e4e98_1280w.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dishonored-mainjpg-6e4e98_1280w.jpg
224 KB, 1280x720
>Game gives you an array of weapons and abilities making you the deadliest motherfucker ever to walk the planet
>Game gives you bad ending if you kill people
>>
bad endings are better anyway
>>
There's multiple endings and solid gameplay, and unique interactions everytime, just fucking play it a few different ways you fucking retard. I had fun when I played through killing only people who saw me, when i killed every authority figure, when I went non-lethal. It's agood ass game, just appreciate it and stop trying to abide by strict high/low chaos rules
>>
>>336928041
>non-lethal route is a harder than lethal route
>game rewards you for not going simple and easy way
Still seeing anything wrong?
>>
>>336929438
>game rewards you for not using its feature and barely even actually playing
>>
>>336929438
It's wrong when going non-lethal bars you from most of the cool gadgets and powers.
>>
>>336928041
>Game should always say "yes" to the player
why?
>>
Same as with Human Revolution - more experience points were provided for headshots and even more for non-lethal approach.

In the end, I spent whole game just doing takedowns and tranq gun/rifle. Only once, during Malik resque, I used pistol.

Yup, I hate how game places sweets before me and says "but if you take it, you will get spanked".
>>
>>336929438
Game punishes me for using it's only distinguishing features (powers and gadgets). It's called "bad game design", dumb retard.
>>
>>336929525

Sorry sounds like you just suck at playing nonlethal.
>>
>>336928117
Yup, I shot the girl as well as the bad dude at the end.

No remorse.
>>
>>336930175
And you had fuck all health for running and gunning even with upgrades which were far harder to get due to the XP system.

The issue is all these faggots heard "it's technically possible to kill no one in game X from the 90s" and they took that to mean "I should be able to easily do a non-lethal run in new game Y" so all of a sudden killing people was this fucking mortal sin.
>>
>>336929908

No, but it should always strive to be interesting. OPs issue is that lethal got all the fun stuff with passive left barren.
>>
>>336928041
>played game first time killing shit left and right
>then made second run non-lethal

I didn't miss anything
>>
>>336930849
is the argument that high-chaos end inherently uninteresting, then?
>>
>>336930994
>first time through played normally
>then did remorseless murder spree run

I didn't miss anything.
>>
>>336928041

That was actually the most irritating thing about Dishonored. I disliked it at first since I was playing it like Thief and got through the whole game ghosting and non-lethal. Then the DLC came around and I did the Dunwall Trials and realized how goddamn fun the combat was, and then the story DLC came and I went high chaos and murdered everyone and it was really excellent.
>>
Yeah, that was a shame. A design flaw, even. If you use all the interesting and fun resources the game gives you, you get the retard ending.
>>
>>336928041
>Game gives you a bad ending if you commit genocide every mission
Fixed that for you f a m
>>
>Can't go back to earlier levels with all your powers unlocked
At least as far as I can remember you couldn't.
>>
>>336931475
Somehow killing 50 guards dooms an entire city and changes the weather in later levels.
>>
>>336928041
Apparently the sequel is going to attempt to fix this by not being so harsh on you if the people you've killed are pretty evil or whatever the fuck.

I'm hyped, anyway.
>>
>>336931760
I hope they give us what is known as a "normal ending", whatever that is.

If I had to guess it gives a middle ground between everything ending perfectly and dooming civilisation.
>>
Just do nonleathal and then play dunwall city trials so you get to murder stuff and be nice
>>
>Corvo will speak in Dishonored 2
How do you feel about this?
>>
>>336928041
>only playing through the game one way and complaining about how the game restricts what you
Good job anon
>>
>>336931935
Judging from how Dead Space 2 was handled it'll be awful.

AAA games can't do characters. We'll never get great characters like Garett again.
>>
>>336931935
Please don't let this be true. You're lying right anon, Bethesda would never add a voiced protagonist after Fallout 4... right...?
>>
>>336931853
So an ending where you save nothing but you lose nothing at the same time?
Sounds great.
>>
>>336931853
In my ideal game, who you've killed doesn't impact anything unless it's logically explained within the rules of the world. There's no reason why a murdering cunt can't choose something that will be beneficial to people. Deus Ex did this best.

Although that's not to say that the system in Dishonored wasn't explained or didn't make sense, if I remember correctly you being a piece of shit influences Emily to also be a piece of shit.
>>
>>336932090
You know he's going to be voiced by the guy who did Garrett right
>>
File: 1454111232981.jpg (63 KB, 470x606) Image search: [Google]
1454111232981.jpg
63 KB, 470x606
>>336931935
>voiced by Stephen Russell

pic related
>>
>>336931760
what I liked most about the game was crazy kills and art style, so I'm liking what we've seen so far.

Not huge on her grasping tendrils aesthetic, but I assume it'll grow on me, and either way there's always corvo.

>>336932090
I liked DS2
>>
>>336932145
and killing a bunch of people caused security to get upped and more rats to eat the corpses.
>>
>>336931935

Since it's Stephen Russell, I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
>>336932129
>being this retarded
>>
>>336932171
So? It's the writing that matters.

>>336932248
Isaac was a complete faggot when he could speak. He turned into a generic dude-marine spouting one-liners.
>>
>>336928041
Would you rather that the game makes non-lethal playthroughs mandatory by removing all weapons?

Those games usually suck because there is no contingency plan to being caught, and there is no tension. If you have no weapons it is obvious that there must be a way to beat the game peacefully. Boring.

The truth is that you make a choice of using weapons. I would claim that the point of having a weapon is not having to use it.
>>
>>336932324
So, will they go for something like Garret and Victoria with Corvo and Emily?
>>
I'm guessing Emily will be voiced too. Have they said who it will be
>>
>>336932516
I think what most people wanted were more non-lethal weapons to work with.

In terms of quantity there wasn't a whole lot.
>>
File: 1353670195767.jpg (103 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1353670195767.jpg
103 KB, 288x499
>>336928041
>Bad ending
>Emily rises up as a mighty and powerful tyrant and a bunch of dickbags get culled
>Empire has a rocky period which is remembered more for the skill and cunning of Emily than any of the bad elements
>You still die offscreen, presumably of old age, like normal

It isn't bad, it's realistic. You can't restore a sovereign's rule by murdering the shit out of everybody and expect it to suddenly become sunshine and rainbows when you get into power. The volume of people necessary to kill for high chaos levels is more than you get by just "using" all the tools given- some of those tools are nonlethal. It's 50/50. If you're taking a running fucking charge at a genocide of welshmen then you cant expect it to stop once the little girl has a crown on her head.
>>
>>336932773
That's why you're meant to kill Emily too.
>>
Someone please explain to me why getting the high chaos ending is considered a punishment. The game doesn't "punish" you for going lethal at all. You just get a different ending. It even gives you way more enemies to kill if you like using all your tools and powers to eliminate enemies. Your actions simply have a different effect on the world because you're spreading fear and disease. Not to mention the game is short and designed for multiple playthroughs, so it's not like you can only beat the game once and not get the other endings.
>>
>>336932938
That's also not a bad ending. Outsider claps you on the back, says "It's been fun, I figured this place was fucked anyway, thanks for settling things and have a nice life."
>>
The only thing that bothered me os that the fates you commit your targets to are basically worse than death anyway, yet you get praised for not killing.

Like shit nigger, you even find one dude you decided not to kill in a rat infested shit hole, unresponsive and insane
>>
>>336930447
yeah, well that's like your opinion, man
>>
>>336932938
>People actually let Havelock kill Emily
What's even the point of all your efforts if you let her die?
>>
>they got Jamie Hector to play a role in D2

MY NAME IS MY NAME
>>
>>336933213

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>336933050
Fuccbois get mad that everything isn't all sunshine and lollipops after they spent a few hours murdering as many people as they could get their hands on
>>
>>336933213
When I say kill I mean you kill her.

I walked up and shot them both off the tower.

>What's even the point of all your efforts if you let her die?

For the bants.
>>
File: 1446935858479s.jpg (3 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1446935858479s.jpg
3 KB, 124x120
>>336929525
>game challenges you
>rewards you for completing challenge
FUCKING BULLSHIT I CANT BELIEVE THE DEVS WOULD FUCKING DO THIS TO THE GAME DONT THEY UNDERSTAND THAT I WANT TO USE A GUN BUT THEY ARENT LETTING ME WITH THIS CHALLENGE
>>
>>336933097
No, you don't get praised. Those choices are supposed to be really ambiguous as to what's worse. You can kill all the targets and still get the "good" ending.

If you do get praised in game somehow, I don't remember that. But I'd imagine its supposed to unsettling in some way because the truth is they were probably better off dead.
>>
>>336932621
I guess something like Thief's Blackjack, Gas Mine and Flash Mine would have been nice, but the poison darts were pretty strong once upgraded. That and a bone artifact that reduces the length of choking people out.

The question was more aimed at "why have weapons if you're not supposed to kill people?". Well first off, they offer you the lethal route but make it have consequences. Maybe we shouldn't judge that writing in terms of conditioning, i.e., killing people feels rewarding therefore you should get a good end, but rather have consequences to actions. Killing someone rather than sneaking past is easier, and sets your moral compass spinning. Same goes for the assassination jobs. It's a narrative of moral decline, but with good reason. More corpses means more rats, means more disease, means more decline. I always felt that was sensible.

Not killing people despite having every assett to do so is difficult, but has a better consequence. Your assassination targets either get punished or have a second chance, which is less tragical, less ... final. People survive, there's less rats and disease to spread, and the empire recovers. Makes sense, does it not?
>>
>>336933373
>killing your daughter for bants
You're a bad person
>>
>>336933529
Not him, but Im pretty sure you do get praised
Pendleton thanks you for not murdering his brothers and even gives you a reward iirc and others like the boat man give you props
>>
>>336933680
I'm a strong independent assassin who don't need no kid.
>>
File: 22035051.548b84ea6e7e9.jpg (40 KB, 404x316) Image search: [Google]
22035051.548b84ea6e7e9.jpg
40 KB, 404x316
>be me
>agent of the empress
>free and recruit the lord protector as a helper in eliminating some parts of the society to reinstate the empire
>Lord Protector butchers everyone
>leaves none alive, not even innocent bystanders
>makes a pact with the actual DEVIL in his sleep
>uses razormines to turn guards who mostly just want pay and drugs against plague into sliced sausage
>steals from the donation box at the Abbey
>summons magic rats to devour people alive
>invades their minds and walks them off buildings or into traps
>rewires high-powered electric devices to burn them alive
>not expected to plan in case this extraordinarily lethal monstrosity turns on me
>mfw Corvo comes to kill me
>>
File: kek.jpg (50 KB, 800x749) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
50 KB, 800x749
>he thinks a game's punishing him for being bad
>>
>>336934014
outsider did nothing wrong
>>
>>336934014
He was a broken man, anon.

Havelock is a war-torn general who has seen too much shit. He thought his plot/coup was fully justified, that it was true and just. The sheer realisation that killing people isn't as glorious as idealists would make it pushed him to resign.

When Corvo came knocking on his door, I guess it was a bit like receiving the punishment he thought he deserved.
>>
>>336933541
I agree with you except for the assassination targets having a second chance.

Sorry if I get some names wrong, it's been awhile.

>High Overseer gets publically disgraced and loses his title. Eventually ends up insane in a rotten ditch.
>Those brothers get their tongues cut out and work in a mine for the rest of their lives
>Lady Boyle gets sent off with some extremely questionable guy who might just chain her up in his basement for the rest of her life, but it's left ambiguous.
>don't remember the last guy

>>336933872
You could be right, I don't really remember. I thought you got the rewards either way. However I'd still argue that the praise is supposed to be unsettling because you know that they're suffering for the rest of their lives.
>>
>have game in backlog for quite some time
>try picking it up two days ago
>feel like it's a slog to play stealth mode because the game is just jank and seems to reward anything but stealth more directly

This is after playing games like Deus Ex full nonlethal. I cranked the difficulty up to max and I still feel unrewarded for trying to sneak around. Not even that far in but I'm unsure I want to keep playing. It feels flat.
>>
>>336934481
I think the last one was Sokolov where if you save him and then give him some expensive liquor he'll end up helping you.
>>
>>336934384
>In low chaos he actually surrenders.

I don't know why everyone hates on dishonored for the endings. They made complete sense in game.
The betrayal was dumb. Since corvo should have seen it coming. But the endings were fine.
Some people just can't deal with consequences, I guess.

The dishonored 2 story in gameinformer had an image with an option for non-lethal drop takedowns so hopefully they'll be adding more ways to play non-lethally.
>>
>>336934014
This is part of what makes the high chaos ending make sense. When you play all lethal, you spread fear to people like Havelock and likely other key figures in the city which causes them to betray others in fear of their own lives.

>>336934749
Then don't play stealth, you can play the game more than one way. In fact I'd recommend doing non stealth/lethal for you first playthrough. That way on your second (it's a very short game) you'll see the "rewards" for going pure stealth/nonlethal because of how the levels and characters change in a way you might notice your first time through.
>>
>>336934481
>High overseer ends up turning into a weeper.
>Not just any mine, their own mines.
>The outsider says she will end up living until she dies of old age. But we really don't know anything about how the creepy lover will treat her.
>He gets sent to prison. Probably executed by havelock as soon as possible.

The non-lethal solutions always seemed worse than just killing them in most cases.
>>
>>336928041
Why Metal Gear games always give you a silenced tranquilizer and a loud gun?

Why would you ever use the gun if you were just gonna sneak around?
>>
>>336935070
I hate to sound whiny, but then combat is very fucking basic and the AI feels like it's out of a game from 1998. I have a question for the stealthfags. How do you deal with shit like the thugs showing up outside of Granny's house if you aren't going to play lethally? Darts? Not answering the door?
>>
>>336934838
He ends up working with peiro and finding a cure as well. They mix their elixirs and fix the flaws in both.
That one isn't an actual choice though. You cant kill sokolov.
>>
>>336935297
I used darts
>>
>>336935297
window in the second floor
>>
>>336928041
>>Game gives you bad ending if you kill people
No idiot. The game gives you the "Chaos" ending for becoming a mass murderer targeting the very guards keeping peace in the city. It's logical to think that after Corvo murdered the entire police force Who are being tricked by assassins and are in essence innocent smucks and created even more bodies for diseased rats to feed on that the ending state would be chaos.

Just youtube the ending you want if it matters that much to you and play however the fuck you want.
>>
>>336934838
I believe Sokolov is mandatory though, you have to save him. I was referring to the bald guy who takes over the city basically, just can't remember his name.

>>336935142
Yeah, pretty much. I actually liked that though. Based off a majority of these threads, it's a shame that so many people only see "SAVE HIM, GOOD" and "KILL HIM, BAD" as options. In fact a lot of the game seems to go over their heads in a lot of ways.
>>
>>336935297
I've opened the door and ducked into the side room. Picking them off one by one. Needs practice though. If you take too long they kill granny.

Another way is to go back up to the balcony, sneak around behind them and sleep dart one. Then hide. Use the confusion after they notice and split up to take the other two out.

Someone else probably has other ways figured out.
>>
>>336935297
I just hid in a corner until they passed and ambushed two from behind, choking them out. Third got a dart.
>>
>>336931682
>spmeone murdering policemen and virtually all authority figures with impunity wouldn't fuck a city up
>>
>>336935540
I started killing lady boyle after my first playthrough, even in the non-lethal ones. Because that just seemed like the right choice.
Killing your marks has no impact on the chaos level either, iirc.
Also revealing the high overseer but killing him when they come to arrest him. He's not going to any cell. That man deserved a personal death.

>low chaos just has him hang around in his room.
>tranq him.
>Drag him up to the radio station
>Reveal his treachery
>Throw him off the railing.
>>
>>336935297
For the record, as someone who has 100% the game, ghost no powers, nonlethal -

You can dart all of them before any of them notice you if you move quickly. This will take a few tries unless you're very good. Quicksave before you attempt unless you don't care about losing ghost.
>>
>>336935956
That's not the high overseer, that's the lord regent

The high overseer is the first target
>>
Anyone ever read any of the notes and other things to learn more about the lore? I was surprised by how much there was to discover and it really changed my perspective on a lot of things. For some reason, discovering that the outsider is basically a giant whale deep in the ocean somewhere was extremely creepy to me. I'll have to go find the notes that alluded to that.
>>
>>336936204
I read at least thirty notes but so many of them are mundane that I just stopped reading
>>
>>336936186
Sorry, I forgot his title. Been over a year since I last played.
>>
>>336936204
I liked the story of the Fugue Feast. "hey guys, calendar has spare days. Put on a mask and let's have a sodomy orgy"
>>
>>336932090
Are you kidding me? Isaac's voice actor did a phenomenal job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2xSd7JjxE
>>
Can we just have the appreciation for where Pendleton is dying in the high chaos ending, and he laughs that you can't do much more to him...

...but you can summon rats to eat him alive before he bleeds to death?
>>
File: 1458235638241.jpg (157 KB, 1220x1300) Image search: [Google]
1458235638241.jpg
157 KB, 1220x1300
>>336931935
He's being voiced by the same VA that did Garrett in Thief, it can't be that bad.
>>
>get out of my boat
*shoot him*

I had no choice, I'd killed literally every other person in the game.
>>
>>336936204
Do you think that the Outsider is going to get killed in Dishonored 2? I think one of the developers said he is fated to die at some point.

>>336936407
I like how that's their solution to the problem, let criminals run rampant for two days. I'm pretty sure you could get away with rape and murder as well.
>>
>>336936604
>Not setting the whale oil can next to him and shooting it
>>
>>336936879
You CAN get away with those crimes but everyone else is allowed to do what they want too, so be prepared to get shot

And all the good homes to rob have crazy ass security systems it seems like from the gameplay
>>
>>336936407
That's actually a pretty common theme.
I would say in history but I've seen it more in historical fantasy and haven't done the research to verify it in real life.
But yeah, days like that are common in depictions of decadent societies.
>>
>>336936604
Leaving a loaded springrazor on him.
And my favorite, having his guard shoot him through positioning and stop time.

>>336936907
I wonder if you can have the guard shoot the whale oil.
>>
>>336936048
Thanks for the tip
>>
>>336936726
You did the right thing. He sends a signal flare and alerts everyone.

He was trying to warn people to run away so fewer people would die.
>>
>>336936204
The diaries in that flat where the entire family died of plague were unsettling.
>>
>>336935237
>Why would you ever use the gun if you were just gonna sneak around?

In case you got caught you fucking idiot.
>>
>>336934842
I agree. I think that Arcane Studios just like the plot twist/liar revealed arc in their games.

Just look at Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and finally of course, Dishonored. In Arx Fatalis you attack the Ylside stronghold to disrupt Akbaa's summoning and take care of the villain. Turns out all your preparations weren't enough and you need to quest for an epic tier weapon to slay the ancient evil. This occurs at 2/3 length of the game.

In Dark Messiah it turns out you aren't actually "the good guy", and that Arantir may be Necromancer, but he's actually trying to stop you summoning your father, an old evil god who's been sealed away. This occurs at chapter 6 of 9, so basically 2/3 through the game.

Then there's Dishonored. You actually accomplish all the main goals of the coup after 2/3 of the game, but your "allies" poison you and leave you for dead, and you redeem yourself by defeating the murderer of the empress and removing the usurpers.

I don't mind the twists that much, but as an Arcane Studios fan (each of their games is 10/10 after all), you notice the plot structure and expect a big twist 2/3s of the way through.

About the endings: Yes, most people don't like having to deal with consequences. I chalk it up to wanting to have your cake and eating it too. The killing gameplay from a detached players perspective is immensely satisfying, but poorly justified in the games plot and setting, but a player would rather ignore the negative consequences in favour of slaughtering people.
>>
daily reminder that Corvo literally sold his soul to the devil to climb buildings better.
>>
>>336935694
>implying all the guards for an entire city are in 4 small areas and a city of thousands is protected by around a hundreds guards
>>
File: 1422130629806.gif (486 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422130629806.gif
486 KB, 500x375
>>336937547
Who cares about having a soul when you can enter people's minds and make them jump off buildings and shit?
>>
>>336937547
He was marked by the Outsider. It is not something you chose, or something that you can force. Some people worship this guy for all their lives and never catch a glimpse of him. He choses you for special reasons I guess; when you're a capable guy in an interesting situation, like Corvo.
>>
>>336937547
Man gotta climb.
>>
2 threads about Dishonored? What's happening pham

Also, I am still sad Callista didn't let me into her bath
>>
>>336937873
I would have banged the Landlady & the shy Cleaning girl too.
>>
>>336936568
He spouted shitty one liners all the time.

Also what the fuck was up with him taking off his helmet over and over again in every cutscene? So many threatening scenes would have had no impact if he'd just kept it on.
>>
>>336937547
>have a soul or be a space time wizard assassin
Corvo got a pretty good deal
>>
>>336928041
I got the Clean Hands achievement.

And I loved it.

Stop being such a violent asshole.
>>
>>336937537
I've only played dishonored. Do the other games still hold up well?

The dishonored dlc also had a betrayal halfway in.
Now I'll constantly wonder who will betray us in dishonored 2.

Also on endings. Do we know which one is canon?
I'm guessing low chaos.
>>
>>336931935
He's voiced by Garrett, so I'm onboard.
>>
File: DIO_entrance.jpg (154 KB, 791x1376) Image search: [Google]
DIO_entrance.jpg
154 KB, 791x1376
>>336928041
>bend time
Best power ever.
>>
>>336937547
Implying he had a choice.
Implying the outsider gives anyone a choice.

Look at the story of the kid and the rat that made up one of dishonored promos.
The outsider does stuff for shits and giggles. Everyones just caught in the middle.
>>
YOU UP FOR WHISKEY AND CIGARS TONIGHT
>>
There is no "good ending" and "bad ending", there are just separate endings. The no kill ending is just an added personal challenge for you if you want to pursue it.

That said, Dishonored did waste its abilities somewhat, since the game was too easy and you didn't need to use many abilities at all except for blink.
>>
>>336931935
As long as he doesn't talk when you're playing as him I'm fine. I liked him not talking in Dishonored during missions, made him seem real terrifying. Plus I'd hate to have him suffer the same fate as many other protagonists in first person games where they have to keep looking at their hands and commenting on everything that happens.
>>
>>336937873
>If you stop time and open the door it immediately turns off.
>Blinking on top dissolves the conspiracy.
The devs were very thorough in their dedication to cockblocking.
>>
>>336938404
The Outsider was cool in the fact that he wasn't good or evil, which kind of fits in with the theme of the whole game.
>>
>>336938686
>They dissolve the entire group over sexual harassment
And I thought my country was brutal.
>>
No new game +?
>>
>>336938921
I hope the sequel has it. I was never able to buy all upgrades so I would like to see how OP I would be.
>>
>>336937873

Just imagine. A strong young man and a strong young woman in hostile environment knowing they can die anytime, couping against government. Violent, sensual, desperate fucking in dirty bath near the bar while Piero peeking keyhole. Damn.
>>
>>336938787
And all the lore you get still does very little to explain his motivations.
Unknowable elder god done right, in my opinion.

>>336938896
They dissolve the conspiracy if you blink on top of most people. It's a matter of trust, I think.
Though really it's because they didn't program for any contingencies and it would mess up the rest of the game if she was to leave.
>>
Game needs a few more ways to deal with things nonlethally. Or at least not force us to watch the same fucking choking animation all the time. Just give us two or three, please. Aside from that fun game, blink rapes the game but its not really difficult in the first place.
>>
how do i deal with tallboys non lethal
>>
>>336939020
If you have it for PC there's a trainer that lets you do that. After beating the game 10 times I tried it out with unlimited mana and got a few more hours out of the game. If you don't have it for PC, it runs pretty well on toasters so there's that.
>>
>>336939506
Don't get near them kek
>>
>>336939506
Doing nothing
>>
>>336928041
that not the bad ending it's the violent ending
ti's a lot like bioshock 2 your action influence the way a little girl will grow up
that almost a parenting game
>>
>>336939606
>>336939648
kek,i'm at that part on the pub where they have 3 up against you
>>
Dishonored is overrated as fuck anyway. An entertaining game, but far from the masterpiece some people claim it is
>>
Here are the gameplay changes in the sequel.
Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-H2moclXrg
>>
>>336938440
INDEED, I BELIVE SO
>>
>>336939772
people claim it's a masterpiece? I always got the impression it's just held as a pretty good game and nothing more.
>>
>>336939412
True, you only ever need blink to feel like an unstoppable magic powered assassin.

>>336939506
You don't. Sneak by them.
Yes it sucks.

Dishonored 2 looks like it will address the lack of non-lethal options, so thats a plus.
>>
>>336939760
You can sneak by them easily. Duck into the pub, head up to peiros through there.
You get the option to take them out non-lethally once you do.
>>
>>336939987
I often see people claim how fantastic it is. And all I remember is completing it in like 5 hours and that the teleport ability was bslutely OP
>>
>>336940131
thanks m8
>>
>>336939506
Sneak. If you suck at sneak, stop time and run. You can summon rats for a distraction. You can also throw stuff away from you.

Or release the refugees to be slaughtered, giving you time.
>>
>>336939772
It's not a masterpiece. It's got quite a few flaws. It has some really shoddy writing in the main quest, for one.
But it's a damn fun game and everyone seems to hate on it so that might be why people who enjoy it seem so defensive.
>>
pls bring back samuel
>>
Do you think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?
>>
>>336939772
who said it's a masterpiece? It's just what you said, an entertaining game. It's short and sweet with good replayability.
>>
File: beech.png (807 KB, 1600x1665) Image search: [Google]
beech.png
807 KB, 1600x1665
>>336940314
Boatbro is probably either ancient or dead from old age by the time this one takes place.
>>
>>336934481
>>336935142
first excuse my poor english
i think there was one of the writers of dishonored who adressed this thing with lady boyle and brisby on twitter. he said something like brisby was a huge beta - put her unconscious on boat, thinking she will be all happy when she woke up. so boyle being alpha, would turn that little fag into slave
>>
>>336939882
The domino power seems very op. But it's also pretty creative.
I love their design ideology. Even though it does lead to game being easy to break.

>Characters can now chase you vaulting over walls and climbing up.
Excellent.
>>
>>336928041
it's not a "bad" ending, it's a "different" ending
>>
>>336940914
Honestly, that's a bit of a relief.
They worked out in the end, if the outsider is to be believed. Boyle never leaves him to return to the city.
>>
>>336940314
>>336940838
Worst part about high chaos runs is disappointing our greatest ally and bro
>>
>>336941298
yeah, even in mid chaos he gets mad
>>
>>336941298
Thats why you avoid it, to save having to face his disappointment and scathing. Dont let Kenny down.
>>
>>336935297
teleport behind them, seperate them with noise, choke 'em out one by one
>>
That heart was creepy as fuck
Hope they bring it back
>>
>>336928041
It isn't a non-lethal ending, it's a low-lethal ending.

It's fucking forgiving too.
>>
>>336928041
Why don't you just have a big cry over it you fucking faggot
>>
>>336941418
Since his bits are unskippable, he's the character you end up feeling the closest to.
I think the devs realized this and wrote that bit accordingly. His opinion seems to matter more. Even though it shouldn't.
>>
>>336941571
Problem is, we know whose heart it is, the twist is gone. But yes, creepy as fuck.
>>
>>336928041
>You like killing people
>The game gives you more people to kill
>Game has an ending for that to make sense

Sounds like good design to me.
>>
>>336941571
The outsider handing emily her mothers heart.
Hell, corvo kept it around in front of her too.
That whole thing was very messed up.
>>
Is it possible to save Lydia & Cecilia?
>>
>>336940986
I would guess it will be just for one person at first, and expensive to upgrade to multiple people.
>>
File: 1417382266679s.jpg (8 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1417382266679s.jpg
8 KB, 250x236
wait

the heart was Emily's mother's heart?
>>
>>336941856
>Cecilia
didn't she ran before they betrayed the rest?
left a note and everything
>>
>>336941571
"Somewhere near a man has just taken his last breath. His eyes are still open!"

"They bring the bodies here. With rough hands. Rough hands and cages. Some of them are still breathing. The water is so cold and it is the last thing they feel."

"They are burning the whales."

"The doom of Old Pandyssia has come to the city."

"The river rushed in when the barrier broke. A whole district went dark."
>>
>>336942078
Yes and it was fucking obvious. It's the same voice and only the Empress love its people like that.
>>
>>336941769
>>336936204
I've played through the game twice, and I never found any of this shit
>>
>>336932090
Fuck off pleb Isaac was fine
>>
>>336942118
I believe it depends on the chaos level.
>>
Are DLCs any good? Ive just noticed I have Knife of Dunwall and some Witches thing in my game
>>
>>336942052
I can't wait to see what the other powers do. Chaining them could be so much more fun in this.

>>336942078
Yes. And it's sometimes aware of who it used to be but not who is using it.
She even laments on the state of the city and wonders if its her fault.
>>
File: 24-blas-lezo.jpg (13 KB, 211x358) Image search: [Google]
24-blas-lezo.jpg
13 KB, 211x358
>>336928041
>Fantasy anglos get rekt
>bad ending
>>
>>336942352
Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore witches are fucking brilliant, go play them immediately.

though do keep in mind that a certain choice in the main campaign affect the DLC.
>>
>>336942253
Most people don't. If you get really into the game then you'll uncover way more stuff then the main story tells you.
>>
>>336942352
aye,they are gr8
>>
>>336942253
Then let me blow your mind.
There's a secret room in the tower. The lord regent mission.
With an audio recording from the empress for emily and a letter for corvo. The note also proved that corvo was most likely emilys dad. Before dishonored 2 confirmed it.
>>
>>336942352
The DLCs are brilliant. Much better than the base game. Plus daud having his own voice and character made up for some of what corvo lacked.
>>
>>336942697
>The note also proved that corvo was most likely emilys dad.
You really need a note to understand that? I barely play the game and I know such things.
>>
>>336934481
Only the High Overseer and the twins get a fate worse than death, the rest are either unknowns (Daud vanishes and Havenlock simply surrenders, so he most probably gets arrested) or left ambiguous (Lord Regent is arrested but he probably would be executed very soon and Lady Boyle may or may not have become a sex slave)
>>
File: 1439433056688.jpg (44 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1439433056688.jpg
44 KB, 512x512
>>336937383
wow now I feel like a monster
>>
>>336940914
>>336941262
More or less, if i remember correctly they only talked about that because the fact that she may have become a sex slave started to call more attention than it was expected, and so they came with this explanation before things could blow over
>>
>>336942901
The game hints at it enough that you guess it.
But this was in game proof of that the empress and corvo were romantically involved.

I figured it out when playing the first time and found the room on my third playthrough. So it's not needed to understand it, it's just a touch of worldbuilding. Everyone else talks about it like a rumor that has to be true.
>>
"He has the bloodlust. He tried to seize control of the military after the Empress... after she? The Empress was murdered."

"Why have you brought me here? Am I meant to forgive this man for what he did?"

"He feeds a stray dog every night. He named her Billy."

"Unless he dies tonight, he will kill twice more before ending his own life."

"He has a woman friend, as brutish and ugly as he. But they are kind to each other."

Heart, Courtesan

"She has kept a ragdoll from her childhood and hides it under her bed."

"If she lives until tomorrow, her day off, she will be mauled by Weepers and left for dead."

The heart was amazing.
>>
>>336942078
Yes.
And the voice was hers too.
>>
This game was only fun to speedrun. The stealth is really easy and combat is nothing to write home about.
>>
>>336928041
this game was art, a fucking masterpiece, and probably the best game in the past few years. prove me wrong

>you literally can't
>>
>having unprotected sex with your bodyguard

S M H
>>
>>336942078
I wonder if Corvo will have much story in this one. Hopefully he's not too old and busted.
>>
>>336943815
The first ability you get breaks the entire game.
This is not the sign of a great game.
>>
>>336937873
I told Piero to fuck off and watched her myself
>>
that fucking girl assasin spooked the fuck outta me everytime she popped
>>
>>336943941
He's a playable character in Dishonored 2
>>
>>336943815
Boring combat, stealth is a joke, most missions are so godawfully designed you can beat them in under 5 minutes on your first playthrough, and all of your weapons are absolutely useless.
Graphics were already dated when it came out, the audio and voiceacting are mediocre at best, and the storyline is incredibly boring on both pacifist and psychopath routes.

For everything the game did well, there are three things it did poorly.
>>
>>336937387
This, reading those was dreadful
>>
>>336943636
Going from the dev interview posted above, they have a problem with balancing games. They want everything to be more fun and creative than balanced, where there's a tradeoff to be had.
I guess that can turn some people off. I know a lot of people wanted this to be the new thief.
It's a true shame we never got a new one.

>>336943815
Writing was bad. Quite a lack of non-lethal options when they hand you so many ways to handle things lethally.
The game can be piss easy on any difficulty and you have to gimp yourself to have some challenge.
I loved the game and am currently redownloading because of this thread. It's still a great fun game.
>>
>>336944007
I did too...
>hypocrisy
>>
>>336944124
He'll probably be a throwaway part of the game in order to push the diversity bullshit.
>>
>>336943815
>Incredibly easy
>Extremely shotty black and white moral system
>Main plot is very predictable, literally guessed the twist in the first 30 minutes
>Couldn't give less of a shit for the charecters
>Didn't really care about the lore either
It's just okay anon.
>>
The world building and atmosphere was Phenomenal.
>>
>>336928041
You need to go full slaughter mode in order to get the bad ending. I killed a fair chunk of guards pretty much every level because I wanted to fuck around with the gadgets and powers, and I still got the good ending.
I feel bad for people who insisted on going full non lethal and only got to use the crossbow and blink.
>>
>>336944341
oh please stop that
>>
>>336939882
>...they are broken, like super broken, you have no idea...

god i love arkane, you just know they want to make great game, and are trying everything to get it done

dishonored can have many flaws, but it there is this touch which allmost all modern AAA games lack of. from setting, atmo, story to gameplay
>>
>>336929438
>Nonlethal route is harder
>Game doesn't actually stop you from using the actual best stuff to trivialize it(Blink and sleep darts)
>Nonlethal route is actually easier as a result
> Nonlethal route has the absolute worst shit happen to the people that deserve it

Dishonored was pretty good but maybe more nonlethal gadgets would be nice.
>>
That's the biggest problem with the game though, it couldn't even punish you right.

Apart for maybe some more zombies and one or two different scenes the game doesn't really change depending on how you play it.
>>
File: ICiRbZ4[1].jpg (72 KB, 610x399) Image search: [Google]
ICiRbZ4[1].jpg
72 KB, 610x399
>>
>>336944636
>Nonlethal route has the absolute worst shit happen to the people that deserve it
>mfw handing the lady at the party over to that creeper guy to basically be his sex slave for the rest of her life
>>
>>336928041
You can kill quite a bit of people and still get low chaos. Just don't be a mass murdering psychopath.
I think a bigger problem is that the game makes Corvo too damn powerful. Why would I bother with being stealthy if I know that I can ZA WARUDO and easily mow down waves of enemies? kinda kills the tension a bit.
Still one of my fav games in recent years, though.
>>
>>336943839
>not wanting your offspring to be strong
Nigga do you even natural selection?
>>
>>336944636
>arrows must be precis head-shots or else won't to much damage
>You can hit a guy with a sleep dart in the foot and he'll instantly pass out
Did no one making this game saw a problem there?
>>
File: abqJSZV[1].jpg (907 KB, 1500x784) Image search: [Google]
abqJSZV[1].jpg
907 KB, 1500x784
>>
>>336944324
Hey, I'm the one busting my ass out there, might as well enjoy the little chill time I got, nigga can watch her after I leave
>>
>>336944859
Killing enemy is mercy.
Letting them live alone is cruelty.
>>
>>336944859
I still felt bad about that, especially since the one I got was mostly innocent working with him out of necessity.
>>
>>336944493
I killed a bunch of guys using only the sword, no weapons, but mainly did non-lethals, got the good ending.

Pretty sure you have to legitimately try to get the bad ending.
>>
>>336944859
I love the fact that you can do this, we need more games that show that just because you ain't killing doesn't mean the alternative is any better.

The problem was the game tried to pin this of as the "good" solution.
>>
File: x4iGMyH[1].jpg (66 KB, 610x707) Image search: [Google]
x4iGMyH[1].jpg
66 KB, 610x707
What the fuck
>>
>>336944870
I regret not upgrading the shit out of time stop when I first played it at release. So I only tried the the shitty standard slowed down version once or twice before dropping it.
I should probably replay it before the new one releases.
>>
File: 1461957335296.jpg (703 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1461957335296.jpg
703 KB, 1680x1050
>>336928041
I really hope that Dishonored 2 will have as good an atmosphere as the first game. It was really amazing.
>>
>>336945128
"He has many scars. Some from the phlegm of the river krusts, some from the nameless monsters of the deeper ocean."
>>
>>336944237
>writing was bad

says you, it actually was very good

>few lethal options

there are few because non-lethal approach was tought to be difficult, and having limited options adds to the difficulty

>the game can be piss easy on

false. try playing it in the hardest mode without using the time stop ability every 30 seconds

>>336944182
>boring combat

probably the only game with a seriously skill based, funny, and possibly various combat system (dark souls pleb detected)

>bad graphics
the graphic had a unique style, playing the game often gave the impression of being inside a watercolour painting

>useless weapons
false

>stealth is a joke
play the game in hardest difficulty without and turn off the retarded indicators

>voice acting was mediocre
i'm sure you are a voice acting connoisseur whose opinion on the matter is to be highly valued

fuck this site is just a fucking pleb echo chamber for you faggots to criticize the few good actually games just to look edgy and make yourselves feel better than others

go play your waifu dating simulator, weeb
>>
>>336945165
Time Stop is fun as hell in this game, but it also makes every challenge very trivial. You can just stop time and sprint undetected through everything.
>>
Yep, that's why is sucked.
>>
Reminder that
>play Corvo
Emily is there covering his ass
>play Emily
Corvo is dead
>Daud
Is somewhere on the isle they are on
>>
>>336945119
I think what made it the "good" solution was it was about how discreet the actions was and how it taught Emily on how to rule, rather than saying you are doing the morally correct thing
>>
>tfw ghost the whole game
>tfw wanted posters don't even know what to show
I loved those fucking details
>>
>>336940413
Chances are very good
>>
>>336945432
>The game is hard if you constantly gimp yourself for the sake of it
I'm fairly certain you can say that with literally any game.
>>
>>336929525

It seems you've never played Dishonored. Going non-lethal requires a shit ton more thought and gameplay than killing everything in sight.
>>
>>336945708
I mean it takes a bit longer but sleeping darts are quite possibly the most OP weapon in the game apart for your magic.
>>
>>336945572
>ghosting
>"oh what a scary mask, just like the wanted posters"
>>
>>336945503
People keep saying this, where are you getting it from?
Also, Corvo dying from the get-go is some shit.
>>
>>336945432
>Corvo doesnt see the conspiracy betraying him.
>Daud casually leaves crovo in a pit with a board on top, unguarded. Knowing he has the outsiders mark on him.

You can play through the game on the hardest difficult using just sleep darts and blink and ghost through everything.
I'm not saying the lack of variety made things harder. I'm saying if I had to pick flaws, this would be one of them.

Game can be tough if you play on the hardest difficulty without using blink and using the mod that makes the enemy still see you if you lean out of cover. It's not difficult otherwise.
That's been my experience. Using just blink and sleep darts. Has yours been different?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 314x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 314x468
>>336945862
>>
File: Dishonored_Wanted_Poster.jpg (1 MB, 1690x2439) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_Wanted_Poster.jpg
1 MB, 1690x2439
>>336945936
Early interviews after the reveal gave this out. There's also one of the developers on twitter that more or less confirmed it
>>
File: 4quYa8T[1].jpg (83 KB, 610x911) Image search: [Google]
4quYa8T[1].jpg
83 KB, 610x911
>>
File: CNPsJcC[1].jpg (31 KB, 610x221) Image search: [Google]
CNPsJcC[1].jpg
31 KB, 610x221
>>
File: w79YK36[1].jpg (315 KB, 1500x848) Image search: [Google]
w79YK36[1].jpg
315 KB, 1500x848
>>
>>336945503
>Daud
Has he been confirmed dead or alive?
>>
>you will never be able to save the Empress

Why? This is legitimately the only death in the first five minutes of the game which actually made me feel.

Which is surprising since it's a huge narrative no-no from a good writing perspective.
>>
>>336945128
Is that the Outsider?
>>
>>336946581
>muh happy endings

How to spot an American.
>>
Should i buy the definitive edition on ps4 or ratchet and clank? I got 40 shillings
>>
>>336946205
Huh, that's pretty neat. So I suppose if you're ever detected, then you'll get the standard posters or how does that work?
>>
>>336946691
I read up on it.
It's an in-universe artists depiction of a folk tale.
So yes, that's probably the outsider.

>>336946581
We never even got to know her before she died. I feel the impact of her death happens after you start using the heart.
>>
>>336945624
and what's the problem with that? games are supposed to be funny, replayable, and various.

playing every game with the most powerful weapon available and then complaining about how it is too easy is plainly retarded.

>>336946067
corvo not seing the conspiracy is understandable, while daud's part wasn't exactly perfect, I agree

the mod was useless, since you had the ability to see enemies through walls, and also I very rarely used the sleep darts, only when i saw no other mean of moving forward. so what? the game is supposed to be hard, not impossible. the darts where there to be used in order to succeed. you used them, you won. what's the problem in that?
>>
File: nKICjdh[1].jpg (244 KB, 1654x2219) Image search: [Google]
nKICjdh[1].jpg
244 KB, 1654x2219
>>
>>336946770
Yeah, if none sees you you'll see those posters around, and if someone detects you you'll find these one instead
>>
>>336947085
Emily a cute
>>
>>336947085
Didn't corvo used to have long black hair?
>>
>>336945119

It reduced the plague's capabilities to spread compared to if you had killed them.
>>
>>336947052
But the game isn't hard.
Fun? Yes. I've played through it several times and enjoyed every one.
Hard, no. Especially if you use blink.
Some fans really are too defensive it seems.
>>
>>336947376
Yeah, but he got a haircut
>>
>>336947085
I'm really nervous as to how Corvo is going to be portrayed in 2. I actually really grew to like him as a silent protagonist with your only glimpse of him in the endings and on posters. I guess that's a selfish reason, because I don't want my own image of him and his personality to be destroyed.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 236x354
>>336947274
Oh shit, forgot pic
>>
>>336947450
Does his hair look a little lighter to you though or am I just being autistic?
>>
>>336928041
You're allowed to kill a certain amount of NPCs per level. You can kill a couple of people and still get the best ending.
>>
>>336946765
r&c, the PC version of dishonored is much better
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.