[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's /v/'s opinion on this guy? Some friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 10
So what's /v/'s opinion on this guy?
Some friends of mine said his second phase was fucking impossible but it seemed fairly simple to me
>7 hits stagger him
>Reposte him
>Can hit him when he's down
>His thunder attack from above leaves him open for 5 attacks
>>
bump
>>
It's just like Ludwig phase 1.

Shitters think he's impossible because they get destroyed before they can memorize his patterns.
>>
>>336816196
I'd say that's a fair comparison
Although Ludwig phase 1 became waaaay harder than Nameless King
>>
Most people complaining about difficulty aren't using straight or thrusting swords.
>7 hits stagger him
See, you'll almost never get to stagger him with a slow weapon for example
>>
>>336815396
>iron skin

is that actually useful in DaS3?
>>
>>336818445
No it isn't
I just left it there and forgot to attune a different one every time I wanted to change it
>>
>>336818323

Oh, fuck off with your lame ass excuses. /v/ massively over exaggerates the effectiveness of straight swords, I beat nameless king 2 handing murakumo in like 3 attempts.
>>
>>336815396
>This guy is so easy!
>Using a cheap ass sword, barely have enough estus

Wow, aren't you an AMAZING player.
>>
>>336818323
One of my friends used long sword and another one chaos blade
But they still say that the Nameless King kept hitting at all times and they both resorted to kill him with a bow
I used a long sword myself but I had more trouble with 1st phase's awful lock on management
>>
>>336815396
You didn't get 7 hits in a row on him you fucking faggot shitposter
>>
>>336815396
he seems unstoppable and relentless until you circle strafe to his left side and stay close to him.
>>
>>336819238
>Never wrote "in a row" in the post
>Calls OP shitposter
Wew
>>
>>336819437
Your still a faggot.

Another I beat nameless king in 5 tries thread. Consider suicide
>>
File: 14483868893801.jpg (36 KB, 418x488) Image search: [Google]
14483868893801.jpg
36 KB, 418x488
Beat him first try without knowing his moves at all, 40/40 Refined Long Sword. Easy as fuck.
>>
>>336819605
How is being a salty scrub going for you?
>>
>>336815396
The god-awful first phase ruins the enjoyment of the amazing second phase.

They should have just had the first phase happen once instead of having to be repeated every time you die.
>>
>>336820250
>Unavoidable flame who will randomly hit you twice and kill you
>Lock on not responding and locking on to the head of the dragon
>Lock on disappearing when the King tries to hit you with his spear
>Neck high enough for you to not be able to hit it
I thought From didn't fuck up for many boss fights in this Dark Souls chapter but it turns out they at least had to focus all of the bullshit they didn't show in the game in the first phase of the boss fight
>>
>>336820629
It's possible to avoid the fire but you need to start running the instant you see it starting to take off.
>>
>>336820060
Not salty it's only the 30 thread claiming nameless king was easy. This one of the least substance I've seen yet.

I hit him, he went down, I hit him again

Nameless King so easy who agrees?.?????
>>
>>336818730
>using shit gear on purpose
>THIS IS TOO HARD
TOP KEK everytime!
>>
>>336815396
Pretty nice fight, but the first phase is a bit tedious. Mainly because the area makes it hard to check where you and the drake are, so you'll end up missing a few strikes because you swung early. And then there's the camera's problem.

Other than that, his second phase his pretty good, tough but fair and there's no reason you should be dying hours to him. His design and lore is also alright.
>>
>>336820737
I never said the nameless king was easy
I just said it was a normal boss fight, the huge fuss around it being the hardest boss fight ever is a big pile of shit
>>
>optional boss
>I guess we could make this one hard while the required bosses are pushovers
>casuals still complain about this one too

For fucks sake. Can someone shut them up somehow? All their whining about bloodborne already caused from to turn down all the das3 bosses. How much easier do they want this shit to be?
There is an easy mode. Just summon if it is too hard.
>>
>>336821175
It's insane how much people summon for Nameless King. Write your summon sign, wait 5 seconds and boom, you're on your way.

I guess people just get fed up with the first phase and summon to kill the drake as fast as possible. And then they get fucked by the Nameless King's buffed health.
>>
File: bird team pill.png (207 KB, 1143x442) Image search: [Google]
bird team pill.png
207 KB, 1143x442
What is the top 3 babby mode classes? Or just 2, besides knight.

And is it true that the giant won't fire on you if you pick white branch as starting gift?
>>
>>336820874

>play on easy mode
>WOW GAME SO EASY

come back when you can use other weapons besides your babbysword
>>
>>336821686
>Sword that just happens to have a good damange/stamina usage ratio and connects great with rolls
>EASY MODE M8, USE ULTRA GREATSWORDS OR YOU'RE A SCRUB
What is with "hardcore" souls games fans that hey have to point fingers at everything they don't like?
>>
>>336821593
Pyromancer also has only 7 luck so it is probably as good as knight if you want to cast some shit.

Other than that all beginnings are easy.
>>
>>336818729
That is not an heavy weapon
>>
>>336821890

It is not "like", it is just disdain for plebs who can't think for themselves and google "best weapon dark souls 3" because they need every advantage to win.(pve)
>>
>>336815396
Beat him 1st try. This game is a fucking joke, way too casual.
>>
>>336822071
> it is just disdain for plebs who can't think for themselves and google "best weapon dark souls 3"
What?
How can there be a "best weapon"? Everyone decides the best weapon they want to use based on the stats, their build and their playstyle
>>
currently fighting him, i instagib phase 1 since i use dragonslayer spear, had to switch to crescent moon sword for phase 2 cause he is resistant as fuck to lightning damage. I cannot stagger that fuck tho no matter how i try and he rapes me. Should i just switch to my backup +9 quality dark sword?
>>
>>336821890
It's better to ignore those people.
According to them if you ever summoned, used a straight sword, used a shield, used estus, used any armor at all, used a weapon that isn't your bare fists, or rolled at all then you're a shitter who didn't "really" beat Dark Souls.
>>
>>336815396
I dunno I just equipped the Dragonslayer Shield and laughed in his face.
>>
>>336821175
Eh, the homo twins were tougher IMO.
>>
>>336822459
summoning i can agree, it trivializes the game and its for lazy people who cant be bothered to prepare for a boss properly
>>
>>336822368
>+9 quality dark sword

You should switch to a rope and hang yourself.
>>
i've basically mastered the first half and can beat it super quickly without getting hit but i keep getting fucked on the second half before i can learn his entire moveset.
>>
>>336818729
Um, excuse me, have you played the game with any weapon +10, and then a straight sword +10?

THe straight swords do literally the same amount of damage, but use up less stamina and are faster.

It's not a meme bro
>>
>>336823001
Get some yellow pills. Equip some lightning resin gear. Maybe the thunder stoneplate ring.

there is so much shit you can do to make this easier.
>>
>>336822881
What's wrong with that? I ran a quality build and had a refined dark sword +10, though I mostly used the Black Knight Ultra Greatsword and Greataxe.
>>
File: 1459320693144.jpg (79 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
1459320693144.jpg
79 KB, 462x462
>>336822881
i played blind on pirated and got a dark sword and played with it ever since. Then i bought the game, opened /vg/ to play in fight clubs and i discovered that its fotm op piece of shit and switched to crescent moon sword. im s-sorry anon
>>
>>336823205
Dark Sword is the go-to shitter sword in PvP.
>>
Look faggots, it basically boils down to this

If you used a straight sword at any part of the game, it was easy.

If you used any other weapon, it was decently difficult to borderline impossible at some parts.
>>
>>336823001
>equipt Drang set or some other set with lightning resists
>equip thunder stoneplate ring
>equip a straight sword and the dragonslayer shield
>watch as the nameless king can't even put a dent in your hp bar
>>
>>336823083
40/40 build with +10 weapons
BKGA does 700
Guts Sword does 600
Exile does 500
Dark Sword does 450

Whats uo with this game
>>
>>336823301
Eh, I thought the Estoc was the go-to shitter sword in PvP. I wouldn't know since I'm a PvE fag.
>>
>>336823481
Yes, it is a go-to for shitters, but I'm fairly sure it classifies as a rapier.
>>
>>336823301
Greatshield and Low Armor
>>
>>336823449
Lorian's Greatsword does something 650, 700+ with its buff. Pyromancy builds can get it over 1000. So there's that.
>>
>>336815396
>second phase was fucking impossible
Not impossible, more like his timing on his swings on his second phase was kinda weird.

It had a lot of switch ups in the speed of his swings and such.
>>
>>336823556
Oh, right. It's a thrusting sword.
>>
is hornet ring worth for this fight? How noticable are viscerals against phase 2 with a hornet ring?
>>
>>336823083

No, they literally don't. The only thing I find imbalanced are the disproportionate stamina costs but it's not really a glaring problem at all. I also don't have a problem with different weapon classes having the same sustained DPS over time.

People also conveniently forget that slower weapons have longer reach, which helped a shit load with NK phase 1.

Fuck off and think for yourself, and parroting what you read on /v/ as if anyone here knows shit about video games.

Bet you run dark sword, faggot.
>>
>>336815396
It was fucking awesome. The music was great. He was difficult but not cheap at all. One of my favorite bosses of the series.
>>
>>336823845
400 hours into the game.
Straight Swords are definitely OP
most people also talk about them in the context of pvp which makes them even worse.

You are wrong here hipster faggot.
>>
I beat him on second try. The game practically gives the tactic against him (havels shield). Granted, I found this to be the easiest game in the series by far, no boss killed me more than five times
>>
>>336824293

Yeah?

500 hours here and straight swords are definitely not OP. I win 90% of my invasions/duels poking faggots with murakumo laughing my ass off at how they can't get inside my range.

Lick my asshole, faggot.
>>
>>336824494
You were clearly dropped as a child.

Its not stupid to use them and get carried through the game. You don't have to feel guilty about it. But being so fucking triggered now only proves everyone else right.
>>
>>336822459
Imo as long as you at least tried every boss on your own a few times I have no qualms against that. But co op is just ez pez on an already ez game in the series. But I guess after playing all 5 games you just git gud at them
>>
>>336821593
Knight or Pyromancer. Assassin if you want to start with an OP weapon and a useful utility spell.

I've seen a rumor that the giant won't fire on you if you're carrying a Young White Branch but I'm not sure I buy it. Either way, you can get to where the giant is by taking the other path through the area and talk to him and then he'll only fire at enemies, not you.
>>
>>336824634

Nice ad hominem bro, I can just imagine your trembling hands slamming the keyboard as tears well up in your eyes. I'll definitely still be thinking about this thread while I'm fucking my girlfriend in about two hours.

I beat the game two handing curved greatswords without a shield btw. EZPZ
>>
>>336815396
First phase, stay in front of the dragon at all times and only run under him when the King uses his lightning stake attack.

Second phase, every attack he does is delayed as fuck. Even in phase 1, the Nameless King's attacks are super delayed. Just mind that when fighting him and then he's no problem.

With that said, even if I have no problem dealing with him personally, cool as fuck boss fight.
>>
Just started pvp after playing every souls game without ever doing pvp. Ran through this game as a breeze. Use dark sword and havels shield and enough carry weight so I can still roll. So far I won against 10 people and a draw against one, killed each other. Nobody just gets through fully upgraded havel. And then they try heavy attack and I fuck them up. I feel like I instantly went for the broken spec
>>
File: Large Cap Lando.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Large Cap Lando.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
I'm shit at rolling so it took me forever. Second best fight. It should have been the final boss not Gwyn 2.0.
>>
>>336824912
People have beaten these games with guitar controllers and just fists at level 1

Nobody is saying that it is impossible to beat the game without straight swords.

You seem to be confused by the idea that something can be better than something else without the other thing being completely useless.
>>
>>336825037
>use greatshield havel
>block every attack from him
>attsck him whenever he recovers from his slow as shit moves
Great boss yeah but I dont get why everyone calls this hard.
>>
File: 9876455.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9876455.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>336825098
Abyss Watchers should have been the final boss.

>those cutscenes
>that red eyed abyss watcher
>that second phase when they combine
>>
>>336825380
but they were also too easy.
>>
>>336816196
Ludwig phase 1 is a shitload harder than NK.
>>
>>336819979
I want her to sit on my face.
>>
>>336815396
>His thunder attack from above leaves him open for 5 attacks
Everything is baby mode for sword shitters it seems
>>
>>336822638
Honestly I see dark souls as a game with a little bit of everything, hard boss fights, exploring, character story arcs/quest, fashion simulator and pvp. For some people the game isn't about the hard boss fights, and thus summoning is a nice rewarding abilitiy for those people.
>>
>>336824912

You're missing that anon's point. Straight Swords have:

>low stamina cost per swing
>extremely good damage considering how fast they can be swung
>versatile movesets
>light weight

They have no weaknesses to speak of aside from maybe losing out on some range compared to other weapons, but as it stands, they completely out-do a majority of other weapons in the game.

That does not, however, mean that you can't beat the game if you don't use them-- I've beaten DaSIII with a Whip --but you cannot say that Straight Swords aren't overpowered, because they definitely are.

I don't think they need any crazy nerfs, though. I just think other weapons need to be brought up to par with them. That's all.
>>
>>336824912
They are objectively better. That is the problem. Not that your cuck ass can beat a boss without them.
>>
>>336826350
For PvP they just need to turn poise on.
I am still not sure if it actually does anything.
>>
File: 1461117056622.jpg (117 KB, 656x517) Image search: [Google]
1461117056622.jpg
117 KB, 656x517
>>336826529
It doesn't, it's a useless stat. Shitters are going to say "but poise during swings lol" but they think hyperarmor = poise when that's just not the case. The WAs that grant poise isn't really poise, it's perseverance so you don't get stunlocked.
>>
>>336825380
>Abyss Watchers
>just a bunch of WHF witchhunters that make you feel epic
>everything in this game is epic
>epic enviroments
>epic first boss that has a epic phase two
>epic phase twos and epicer bosses
>the epic final boss is epic you
>>
>>336818730
Don't forget about Iron flesh.
>>
>>336826529
But poise would just make straight swords more dominant. A good heavy weapon user will hyper armor exchange and come out on top. Poise will allow straight sword shitters to poise through attacks and continue R1 spam in exchanges.

Straight swords also tend to be light. It is easier for a light weapon users to wear heavy due to equipment load system.

Lastly poise will just make backstab fishing that much easier.

How many times does this need to be repeated before scrubs get it?
>>
>>336826878
They should just remove the poise stat from the equipment screen, it does nothing.
>>
>>336826776
Does poise on armor actually improve perseverance though?

I don't want to believe they made such a retarded mistake and haven't fixed it yet.

>>336826878
Poise in das1 allowed you to reach breakpoints and trade with slower weapons.
You are retarded if you think that poise wouldn't do wonders for slower weapons.
>>
>>336824718
>force summon on penetrator boss fight in DeS
Fucking annoying. Even worse that he can easily 1v1 the boss himself.
>>
>>336815396
The only problem with this fight is they clearly knew that fighting a giant mounted enemy was a stupid idea even if it is cool in concept because its stupid aerial fire breath attack only exists to keep you from standing underneath the mount where King can't hit you. They couldn't actually the design a fight that worked properly with the Dark Souls mechanics so they just gave up and made it a short phase with low HP instead of an entire fight.

Like yeah I guess it would make sense for him to perform an attack like that in real combat, but if he wanted to kill you he wouldn't ever fucking land either.
>>
>>336827074
No, you could be naked and you'll still get the same results with perseverance/iron flesh.
>>
>>336823845
I can swing a Dragonslayer Greataxe four times with my current stamina (31+RoFaP/Prisoner's), and do to a normal enemy about 2,000 damage. Maybe 2,400.

I can swing a longsword eight times, hitting about 400 damage each time (but usually more). That's around 3,200 damage. And because the stamina cost is so low, I can immediately roll out of danger. I can't do that with the axe.

The axe in question also does not have more reach than a longsword, and certainly not a Dark Sword. UGSs do, but they do even less damage than the axe.
>>
>>336827074
>>336827074
>and trade with slower weapons.
I mean faster weapons.

>>336827192
This is so much worse than the durability bug in das2.
>>
>>336827074
>Poise in das1 allowed you to reach breakpoints and trade with slower weapons.
Hyper armor allows you to trade as is if you are not incompetent. If all the whining is literally from scrubs that can't be bothered to learn spacing and timing than the answer is "git gud."

>You are retarded if you think that poise wouldn't do wonders for slower weapons.
It would not for every reason I specified earlier.
>>
>>336827439
Then why was the claymore in das1 useful and not in das3?
>>
>>336823845
I'm on my sixth character and have done everything in the game.

You are so completely wrong it isn't even funny.
Anyone that has used a heavy weapon or str build and thinks they are even need to try a faster boss like Pontiff and then try it again with a sword.

It is nearly 100 times easier with a fully upgraded sword than it is with a fully upgraded heavy weapon.

Everyone who has played the game long enough has called you out on your bullshit.

The only thing the heavy weapons are good at is stunlocking simple enemies in the game.
>>
>>336827538
And having cooler weapon arts, of course.

Morne's and Dragonslayer's (both the axe and spear) are fucking great. Straight swords ain't got shit on that.
>>
>>336827501
I main Lucerne and can consistently win out R1 exchanges with Longsword users. What is your excuse?
>>
>>336815396
wut r u, casul?
>>
>>336827727
I have seven characters right now.
Not using a single straight sword on anyone.

Beating shitters proves nothing. If two people on the same skill level fight and one of them uses a straight sword and the other one doesn't then the one with the straight sword will win.

The reason we beat straight sword shitters right now is because they never got gud.
Doesn't mean that the weapons are not OP.
>>
>>336827915
Not really focusing on "winning" in this case and being confident that I can win R1 exchanges thanks to hyper armor though. It helps that Lucerne has pretty mediocre reach for a polearm as well, frequently forcing R1 exchange as I have the slower weapon. And yes I am ignoring parry fishing for the sake of focusing on weapon characteristics.
>>
>>336828224
Again for me this isn't about the game being bad or anything being useless.
It is about how the game and balance could be better.

Try out havel and estoc and see how easy it is to win every fucking fight.
>>
>>336815396
He was actually pretty easy to take down.
>>
Does DS3 even have any memorable boss themes? DS2 at least had this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZBlhNOWlTY
>>
>>336828689
Such a great theme wasted on such a shitty boss.

As for das3 I liked abyss watchers a lot. And obviously second phase of soul of cinder.
>>
>>336825946
People can summon if they want to ruin the experience for themselves, I have no issue with that, and they obviously have every right to do it.

The problem is when they get defensive in an argument and for some reason can't admit they only "beat the game" in a way that's beyond "easy mode" and more "play the game for me mode".
>>
>>336828881
Do you have trouble reading?
The game is so much more then just hard boss fights and diffrent people enjoy diffrent experiences?
>>
>>336826983
Apparently, it does something actually helpful and useless at the same time. Poise increases the iframes and recovery when rolling. Means you dont get hit as fast after a roll, but this only changes seconds and works nothing on Longsword Shitters
>>
>>336828881
When you consider that every stage was designed with one player in mind summoning phantoms should really confer huge risks or costs. Neither of which exist at present.

Instead we have this at present:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7i71m-Q3g

I have actually observed players who sat back while their phantoms cleared the map for them. Kinda disgusting.
>>
File: 1450139561426.jpg (102 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450139561426.jpg
102 KB, 1124x1024
Literally the only hard about the fight was the first phase.

Not because the boss was tough, but because the camera is atrocious.
>>
>>336823845
>fight nameless king on my first run with cathedral UGS
>takes 6 total attempts on the king himself, and 4 on the bird, struggle with the recovery frames on the UGS, only 2-3 points i could safely attack and not trade
>sl1 run
>can attack after any swing he does and still roll away
>first try nameless king
explain that, i staggered him FASTER, i did comparable damage, and i was fucking sl1. SS are broken mate, there is no argument.
>>
>>336829445
Really? I felt his first phase was mind-numbingly easy but I kept dying in his second phase. I'm bad I guess, I kept dying quickly before I was able to figure out his patterns.
>>
>>336825332
Dragonslayer Greatshield makes Lightning Attack jokes
>>
>>336829597
It IS easy. The camera screwed me over on more than one occasion though.
>>
>>336829445
1st phase is piss easy though. Its basically a !5 minute long interactive cutscene before you can have fun with the real boss fight.
>>
>>336829237
If they don't place value in completing the game without relying on something that functions akin to a glaring exploit, then they should just own up to it and be fine with it, instead of getting drawn into arguments. Babby summoners tend to exude insecurity over it and make it a big deal when it doesn't have to be.
>>
>>336830632
Mostly cause people are so quick to call people out on summoning, all I'm saying is that there is no need to be so judgemental about it, I thoroughly enjoy the boss fights in this game but my friend always see them as a huge time sink that stops him from enjoying the rest of the game. Summoning isn't an exploit, it's a well thought out game mechanic.
>>
>>336815396
Most over rated boss fight in the game, which is not surprising by the git gud/summon fag mustard race.
>>
>Beat the game with Reinforced club and Partizan
>People feel the need to upgrade their longswords
What for
>>
>>336831363
Summoning isn't an exploit, it's a well thought out game mechanic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-v5WbhPur0

Most of the vocal complaints are a byproduct of people complaining about how badly it is designed and trying to get FROM to fix it though. You can literally outnumber enemy mobs with summoned players at zero cost in a game designed to be beaten by a single player. If that isn't ill thought or badly designed I don't know what is.
>>
>>336831683
>Mom people aren't enjoying the game the same way I am
Plz, for some people this game isn't about how "hard" it is, fun is an entirely subjective feeling
>>
File: 20160501173518_1.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160501173518_1.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
>>336832221
You have no argument and you are just falling back on "I find phantom armies fun, so everything is fine!"

If "fun" was the only metric then you will find just as many people if not more complaining about how retarded the phantom summoning system is.
>>
>>336832742
Games as a medium is all about entertainment.
>It isn't all about "fun" anon
>>
>>336833192
>All that matters is what I find fun. What other people find fun doesn't matter.
>Good design is literally what I personally find fun

If you are an infant this "the world revolves around me" style of thinking might be understandable.
>>
>>336833486
Well shit mate again with the reading, I personally see no reasons for summons, never use them, but diffrent people enjoy the game diffrently right? We both aggre on that? So for that purpose summoning fills a role, only cause every invasion isn't a honorable duel and all that dosen't mean the game is broken, it's entirely optional and you can play the game without it or with it, your choice.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.