[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who did nothing wrong. He had good intentions but his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 600x900
People who did nothing wrong.

He had good intentions but his actions were morally questionable.
>>
File: Colonel.png (4 KB, 475x575) Image search: [Google]
Colonel.png
4 KB, 475x575
He only tried to Make America great again
>>
File: Ffta-mewt.jpg (244 KB, 509x745) Image search: [Google]
Ffta-mewt.jpg
244 KB, 509x745
>>336800139

His only mistake was have a total douche as friend.
>>
>>336800139
>He had good intentions
>feeding people to a monster because DUDE EVIL LMAO
>good intentions
>>
>>336802031
>feeding people to a monster
He fed Gwyndolin to Aldrich, but you probably forgot, that trap was a manipulative asshole, who used "chosen" undeads as firewood.
>>
File: WitchHundredKnightArt2.jpg (170 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
WitchHundredKnightArt2.jpg
170 KB, 1125x1500
Everyone was an asshole to her.
>>
>>336800139
he was a retard who did everything wrong
>>
PAGAN

FUCKING

MIN
>>
>questionable
>fed Gods to giant husk of a cannibal
>questionable
>>
>>336802327
And Aldrich is literally just DUDE EVIL LMAO without any personality or backstory except he likes to eat everyone and everything and loves it, and yet Pontiff decides to keep him around. It's also implied that he deliberately makes all of his knights degenerate into mindless beasts over time.
>>
>>336800139
>this meme again
if you're so desperate for a souls lore thread just make one
>>
File: 1410799812521.jpg (82 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1410799812521.jpg
82 KB, 960x544
>>
File: Kzd-ddkr.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Kzd-ddkr.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
>>336802327
>He calls king cute a manipulative asshole
chosen undeads arent more than firewood.
>>
>>336801649
More like his outfit
>>
>>336800139
I'd believe this more if the "sea" was more than some vague encroaching threat. DLC when?
>>
>>336803640
Frampt pls
>>
File: dagoth_ur.jpg (138 KB, 620x886) Image search: [Google]
dagoth_ur.jpg
138 KB, 620x886
>>
>>336800139
What were his intentions?
>>
>>336800139
Totally didn't turn a Lothric princess dancer/ sex toy into a beast and then sent her home for shits an' giggles.
>>
>>336804770
bring about the Age of Dark
>>
>>336804739
Dagoth Ur was a faggot, but not as much a faggot as VIvec
>>
>>336804914
>not driving your political opponents into exile and ruin
the remnants of the Old Royalty must be purged, so that the Abyss may be allowed to come forth
>>
>>336802441
>Rapes her mother hundreds of times.
>Nothing wrong.
>>
File: winged_knight_set_small.jpg (16 KB, 211x350) Image search: [Google]
winged_knight_set_small.jpg
16 KB, 211x350
>>336800139
Okay I'm just going to ask my lore question here. Lothric seems post battle. Did the winged Knights assault lothric in order to rescue their Gertrude . And did they or did they not succeed
>>
>>336805127
She didn't rape shit. She turned her into a rat because she was a bully.
>>
>>336802031
That's not what happened.

Aldrich showed up in his city. Pontiff didn't want aldrich wandering around eating everyone. So he used gwyndolin as bait to seal aldrich within so to save everyone in the city.
>>
>>336800139
this fucker made almost shit my pants on how intimidating he is, i tried it like 5 times before just closing the game

most people i have seen just adapt their style to fight him, equip shields and other stuff, im sticking to just using my sellsword twin blades, ill be up for the challenge.
>>
>>336804553
the Deep is closely connected to the Dark, since deep gems infuse with Dark damage. However, it's also distinct from what Dark gems do, since the game differentiates the two, and the resulting infusions have different scaling.

At the same time, we know that the Deep used to be a place of perfect peace and stillness, until evil things made their home there. This is what the Deep Tome tells us, and Irina marks that the Deep tome is filled with "dark tales of things that lurk deep within men" -- the same as she says for the Londor Tome. Clearly, the Deep Tome holds tales that worship Humanity, but it was also corrupted to be this way. Recall that in DaS2, the Dark is noted to be a comforting, gentle presence, quite unlike the horror of the Abyss.

Returning to the gem scaling, we observe that this situation is very similar to how Fire and Chaos scaling work. Fire adds flat fire damage and eliminates scaling, while Chaos adds fire damage + fai scaling, an exact mirror to the Deep/Dark dichotomy. Also note that Chaos is corrupted fire. Therefore, we conclude that "dark" is corrupted Deep.

The above assessment is in agreement with the Deep Tome lore above. Putting two and two together, we surmise that the Dark presence that corrupted the Deep is the Abyss / humanity worship (which inevitably leads people to fall to the Abyss). Also recognize that the Abyss is logically different from Darkness, as a generic state of being. Darkness is just the absence of light, while the Abyss is wild humanity. The Abyss doesn't consume the world for 8 hours every day, when the sun sets. Also note that the behavior of the Abyss closely mirrors that of Chaos -- it's the product of a wild/corrupted, out-of-control soul, and it kills and/or mutates everything it touches. This reinforces the intended parallel between Deep/Dark and Fire/Chaos scaling.

In conclusion,

Deep == darkness (shadow aka the absence of light)

Abyss == ADVANCED darkness (wild humanity)
>>
Is this a fucking bait thread? Anyway, he deserves to die for what he did to my waifu.
>>
>>336805203
Yeah it definitely seems like there was some sort of internal struggle. I mean the first winged dude you fight in high wall is surrounded by corpses of other lothric knights.
>>
>>336805623
tl;dr
>>
>>336805468
Aldrich came from Irithyll to begin with, he didn't immigrate there from somewhere else, so right off the bat you're wrong.

In addition, the Church is WAY older than Sulyvahn himself. Aldrich's church is multiple cycles old, and Pontiff is a man. He can't have been around since it's founding, the time difference is too great. In addition, Yorshka mentions that he unlawfully usurped the position of Pontiff from some unknown figure after Gwyndolin fell ill, so there's confirmation that he's not the original founder of Aldrich's church.
>>
>>336805641
The higher up winged Knights actually having wings, lothrics bedroom littered with feathers and his comments implying you're not the first to attempt on his life seem to also suggest they were attacking the city. I can't say if lorians injuries were gained them but he must have been fighting for quite a while before you arrived if this is the cause.

Did Gertrude escape though? there's a body in her cage but it's also already open. I hope the dlc will involve it
>>
>>336805805
your loss
>>
>>336805634
>waifu
>guy
>>
>>336805849
How am I wrong? At the start of the game aldrich went back home to irithyl from his coffin in the cathedral. And pontiff was already there.
>>
"Sullivan"

"Sooly-vonn"

or

"Sully-vonn?"
>>
File: 1462447953662.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462447953662.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
Are you even paying attention?
>>
File: 1459673237930.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1459673237930.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>336800139
>big bad villain behind everything

>no cutscene
>no dialogue

i dont even know if he is hollow, possesed by abyss, or still human
>>
>>336806189
He's just a fucking asshole.
>>
>>336806102
I don't understand
>>
>>336806081
Is this bait?
>>
>>336806391
>Is this bait?
That's the stupidest pronunciation I've ever heard
>>
>>336806009
>the Dancer
>guy
>>
>>336806652
I wish
>>
>>336800139
What the fuck is even Pontiff's lore? I've read every single item description in the game and I am none-the wiser as to who Pontiff/Aldrich are and what their relationship is and why they're antagonists.
>>
>>336805805
wow you can't see the similarity between tldr and an conclusion?
>>
>>336806069
I had misread your post, my apologies
>>
>>336806189
him walking slowly towards you as the fight starts works better than a cutscene
>>
>>336805623
New London was also flooded to prevent the spread of the Abyss.
>>
>>336805623
I'm not sure if your implicit assumption that deep=sea is actually true. There's just not enough information to make that assumption. Considering Aldritch and the Pontiff's utilization of dark/deep it may just be something they use to combat the sea.
>>
>>336806972
Aldrich eats people and worships the "deep".
Pontiff is a cunt who led Aldrich to the trapgod and mutated his human knights into monstrosities as the outriders and dancers.
>>
>>336806972
Sulyvahn's just a power hungry sociopath and Aldrich is a mentally ill, depraved cannibal. As far as I can tell, that's literally all there is to "get."
>>
>>336806972
he was a sorcerer in Irithyll who somehow happened upon the Profaned Flame. Seeing it awoke his ambitions to take control of the church, and he began working his way through it's ranks, acquiring significant influence. The introduction of the Profaned Flame and Humanity worship into Church doctrine and military equipment are his doing.

After Gwyndolin fell ill, Sulyvahn wrongfully declared himself Pontiff, and forcefully took control of the Church. He purged his political enemies by sending them out in exile as Outrider Knights, which left them as feral beasts guarding things Sulyvahn wanted to keep hidden and/or protected. He also imprisoned Gwyndolin and Yorshka for the same reason.

When Aldrich showed up after his revival going all "hey hey I wanna let the flame die," Sulyvahn fed Gwyndolin to him to keep him pacified, as a gesture of alliance, since they're both on the same side -- they both want the Flame to fade, although Sulyvahn is aligned more strongly with the Abyss than Aldrich is.

TLDR

Sulyvahn usurped leadership of the Church, corrupted it to worship the Abyss, and purged his political enemies by forcing them to serve as outrider knights and/or Aldrich food. Is currently rooting for the Abyss to consume the planet
>>
>>336807721
there's 0 indication that the Deep is somehow unrelated to darkness, since literally everything about it's lore deals with the dichotomy between Darkness and the Abyss, and all deep-related weapons and spells deal Dark damage.

The Deep is just darkness dressed up in religious symbolism, that's it. No indication whatsoever that it's some 3rd faction that's not light or dark.
>>
>>336807708
well, nobody wants the Abyss, not even Kaathe. Even in DaS1, Kaathe regarded the Darkwraiths and Oolacile as failures
>>
>>336805480
>when you get him down to 50% HP for the first time and see him spawn his clone
HE'S JUST STANDING THERE
MENACINGLY
>>
File: Time_to_sacrifice_orphans.png (259 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Time_to_sacrifice_orphans.png
259 KB, 480x360
>>336806189
Sometimes big mega cutscenes are not most impactful. Sullivan slowly approaching you with giant flaming swords in the narthex of a church is an awesome entrance.
And besides, if he considers Gods beneath him, what makes you think he would waste his breath talking to you? You are less than the shit those Irithyll spiders eat to him.

>>336805805
>Tl;dr
>Lore thread
It's fuckers like you that sap the joy from the world.
>>
>>336805623
Keep in mind that until Oolacile started shoving glass rods down Manus's dick to see what would happen, even the Abyss was an uncorrupted place. Darkness isn't evil, the Abyss is just something Dark that became evil, same with the Deep.
>>
>>336808685
>Deep
>Dark
>Abyss
I predict the DLC will introduce new lore: Edgy
>>
>>336808685
the Abyss didn't even exist until after Oolacile did their bullshit, Manus radiated it outwards from him after his humanity exploded upon revival. Darkness isn't inherently evil, the Untended Graves are oddly peaceful after you clear out the Black Knights. The Abyss is something that should not be, an aberration of nature, caused by humans fucking with humanity too hard and letting it blow the fuck up.

People just don't like the Dark because there isn't any light or warmth or vitality in the world when it sets in, + everyone is guaranteed to turn hollow and loses their minds eventually. It's like the world is hibernating as opposed to living, and civilization dies.
>>
>>336807998
He's aligned with the profaned flame, the only flame that exists outside the cycle.
And unlike the first flame, its aligned with the abyss, corrupting those around it.
Yhorm was driven mad by trying to oust it, and his kingdom was burnt to ash by the attempt.
>>
>>336808131
deep is dark
deep is not necessarily the sea mentioned in several Aldrich items
>>
>>336809104
since the Profaned Flame is Abyss-corrupted fire (and if you buy into the whole "profaned capital == eleum loyce" theory, it's abyss-corrupted chaos), Sulyvahn being aligned with the Profaned Flame isn't that much of a stretch from saying that he's aligned with the Abyss.

Also, all of the Pontiff's knights use Dark Magic, his transformation in phase 2 echoes the Pilgrim Butterfly transformation on a much smaller scale (which is Abyss-fueled), and his Greatsword of Judgement is stated in it's description to cast Dark Magic for it's skill. It also states that he's secretly a darkfag.

He's aligned with both, the Profaned Flame and the Abyss
>>
>>336809336
The way I see it, the Deep Sea is a metaphor for Darkness. As in, the deepest depths of the ocean are dark as fuck, still as fuck, quite as fuck, and undisturbed as fuck. Just like the Dark
>>
>>336809072
>+ everyone is guaranteed to turn hollow and loses their minds eventually. It's like the world is hibernating as opposed to living, and civilization dies

That's not true, both light and dark are required for the curse to perpetuate itself.
>>
>>336809617
people don't hollow when the Flame is still going strong, the Curse only shows up as it begins dying. Yuria also states that humans are naturally hollow in the Darkness, and there's really no reason to doubt her word on it
>>
>>336809509
Greatsword of judgement doesn't say or do anything related to dark magic

unles you wanna specualte on the deep hues line which is more associable with the deep
>>
Why would Sullyvahn want the Abyss anyway?What possible benefit could there be for him?
>>
>>336809790
http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/equipmentgroup:greatsword-of-judgment

>Skill: Stance of Judgment
>Assume stance to unleash dark magic.

fextralife is shit, use wikidot (it's beginning to fill up now)
>>
File: 34tg.jpg (38 KB, 367x700) Image search: [Google]
34tg.jpg
38 KB, 367x700
>>336805805
>>
>giants
>priests that can heal
>sorceresses dealing in dark magic
>beasts of unspeakable horror

all stopped by LE CHOSEN ONE

my fucking keks
>>
>>336809736
Yes, because when the fire is going strong it doesn't need to eat the humanity out of the cursed ones to be kindled. I'm not sure about Yuria's line though, I'll need to look into that.
>>
>>336809876
idk it deals normal magic damage

if it were so associated with dark magic youd think they'd just give it dark damage as its elemental split
>>
>>336809920
Much better, thanks
>>
>>336810026
fire doesn't need humanity at all, it is kindled perfectly fine with any arbitrary strong soul. Gwyn wasn't human, and his soul kindled the fire for 1000 years. humans are more common than the Gods, and the Gods are in charge to begin with, so they use the expendable human plebs as firewood because fuck going in yourselves. There is nothing special about Humanity as a fuel source aside from it's abundance.
>>
>>336809842
He was the pontiff of the church of the deep, he was an Aldritch's follower.
>>
>>336809920
8.8/10
>>
>>336808672
why is he wearing Rorschach's mask?
>>
File: 1457852304940.png (126 KB, 440x483) Image search: [Google]
1457852304940.png
126 KB, 440x483
>>336807998

So is Irithyll supposed to be a successor kingdom to Anor Londo ruled by trap boy, since all that remains of Anor is Gwynevere's cathedral?

Also why do people think the Profaned Capital = Eleum Loyce and what exactly is the flame? (I thought the area was where the Chosen Undead originally placed the lordvessel.)
>>
>>336810225
Except it LINKEd the fire for 1000 years, while still burning out the humanity of every last undead just to keep going. That's what the curse is, a desperate attempt to cling to the final days of an Age of Fire that ends up bringing about the horrible conditions we see in each Souls game.
>>
>>336806189
He is hollow, the Hollowslayer Sword does 50% more damage to him.
>>
>>336811213
It would make sense.

After the events of DS1, Gwyndolin said fuck it and stopping hiding at his daddy's tomb and took charge. He made a city devoted to the moon and had brought the Darkmoon in to power. When he fell sick, Sulyvahn took hold, stamped out the Darkmoons, imprisoned Yorshka, and ushered in Aldrich and his faithfuls.
>>
>>336811521
So the Silver Knights are also traitors that's why you get their ears for the concord?

Also is Aldrich Smough? You get Smough's armor after you kill Aldrich and we know that Smough was the last standing one and also liked to eat people.
>>
>>336811652
What? No. That's entirely wrong.
>>
>>336805892
she died and became the slug priest
>>
>>336805623
You can simplify by this:

Deep = serene Dark while the Flame was strong
Corrupted Deep = Flame fades and the Dark starts to become more chaotic
>>
>>336811136
He's becoming one of those Butterflies. That's why he has wings in second phase.
>>
>>336806081
Sully-van
>>
>Is a sorcerer
>Can powerstance a UGS and a GS

Sulyvhan OP
>>
>>336811652

I wonder why the Silver knights weren't doing anything about the Deep followers in Anor Londo or Irithyll. You'd think they would siege the cathedral or have skirmishes with pontiff knights or deacons as they futilely try to wrest control from the city back from the Pontiff.
>>
>>336806081

Soo-le-van
>>
>>336812492
Aldrich became in charge once he ate Gwyndolin.
>>
>>336811213
Gwyndolin is implied to be the original Pontiff of the Church of the Deep, since Sulyvahn usurped his position only AFTER Gwydolin fell ill and retreated to the Cathedral.

Makes sense too, since manipulating people into beefing up Aldrich is 100% in-character for him, considering his reputation for manipulating humans to keep linking the fire
>>
>>336812182
except you can see in the Untended Graves that darkness never stops being serene, the negative/harmful aspects of Darkness come from encroaching Humanity
>>
>>336812432
Level 387
>>
>>336812573
>Gwyndolin is implied to be the original Pontiff of the Church of the Deep
I never saw something to imply this. What hints that?
>>
>did nothing wrong
>his actions were morally questionable

Uhh...
>>
>>336800139
He had to lock Yorshka up. He was just protecting his waifu from a world going to shit.
>>
>>336812702
Good point. Them maybe Sullyvan put a drop of Abyss there then. After all, Abyss was man made.
>>
>>336812738
Yorshka states that the impetus for Sulyvahn's coup de etat was Gwyndolin falling sick and hiding in the Cathedral. If Gwyndolin wasn't in charge of the Church, this would not be important, and the two events would be unrelated, and thus not worth mentioning together. The logical inference here is that Sulyvahn took advantage of the current Pontiff's moment of weakness to usurp his throne
>>
>>336812832
Sulyvahn didn't have to do shit, the Abyss had already infected darkness since Manus was around. Sulyvahn simply corrupted the Church of the Deep from Abyss prevention to Abyss advocacy
>>
>>336812569

I guess in a way that makes sense. The knights are just mindless automatons in suits of armor, they probably couldn't tell the difference. That being said, what was up with the red-eye silver knight anyhow?
>>
>>336811346
>The Age of Fire was founded by the old gods, sustained by the linking of the fire. But the gods are no more, and the all-powerful fire deserveth a new heir. Our Lord of Hollows, it shall be, who weareth the true face of mankind.
hollows are the base and natural state of humankind. a strong flame is what allows them to be something more advanced and civilized than hollows. remove the fire, and they degenerate again
>>
>>336812780
who are Yorshka's parents?
>>
File: Guildenstern.jpg (125 KB, 444x763) Image search: [Google]
Guildenstern.jpg
125 KB, 444x763
Explain to me why using evil powers to do good things makes you a bad person. although killing his girlfriend was kind of cruel
>>
>>336811652

Smough being Aldrich is an interesting theory, especially when we don't know what he actually looks like under the armor (lots of armor makes people look fat in these games, even though they're not). Both, as you say, eat people.

Nonetheless, I'm guessing they just give you the armor as a reference due to the room, and the hammer not much earlier on.
>>
Name ONE (1) single thing that your good friend, Trusty Patches, ever did wrong you can't
>>
>>336814012
hes been fucking with me for whats like endless centuries

how the fuck is patches alive? hasnt it been something like 60,000 years since demons souls took place?
>>
What's the difference between an unkindled and undead?
>>
What were those things in the dragonslayer fight? They looked like mutated moonlight butterflies
>>
>>336814372
they're why pilgrims wear the turtle shells, so that they don't transform into them
>>
>>336814315
an Unkindled is an Undead who's been artificially revived by the Bell. They are revived as a weaker version of normal Undead, as their humanity is suppressed or absent altogether. They seem to exist less as normal human beings, and more as reanimated ash golems, since they cannot hollow or link the flame
>>
>>336814372
Called Pilgrim butterflies, like that other dude said its what the pilgrims became if they "succeeded"
>>
File: b32.jpg (59 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
b32.jpg
59 KB, 500x410
>did nothing wrog
>his actions were morally questionable
>>
>>336814434
That's terrifying. Are the things in ADP the same pilgrims as the ones we see in Lothric?
>>
>>336814673
so why do they want you to link the flame if you can't? because there are no more undead?
what bell? the bell of awakening?
>>
>>336814156
reincarnation
>>
>>336815009
yes, the Bell of Awakening. And you aren't sent to link the fire until after you've gathered the collective life essence of the previous Lords of Cinder (who CAN do it), and carry them to the Kiln as a walking vessel
>>
>>336814937
>the things in ADP
I don't know what this is
>>
>>336800139
>He had good intentions
No he didn't.

He's the worst
>Gets sent on of Gwynevere's Royal Children
>Dresses her up and makes her dance for him
>Gives her cursed rings that change her into a beast
>Exiles her and sends her back home to wreak havoc
>>
>>336811213
>Also why do people think the Profaned Capital = Eleum Loyce
Common sense mostly.
>>
>>336800139
>nothing wrong

I'd post my "local man ruins everything" image but it's already been posted.
>>
>>336811213
>why do people think that Profaned Capital == Eleum Loyce
the Profaned Capital and Eleum Loyce both are encased under a layer of ice

both the Profaned Capital and Eleum Loyce are home to cursed fire

both the Profaned Capital and Eleum Loyce are home to an Oracle (the nameless oracle of the Profaned Capital vs Alsanna, the Silent Oracle)
>>
does Yhorm confirm that the DaS2 giants have real faces hidden in their head-holes?
>>
>>336815178
The pilgrim looking guys in Arch Dragon Peak
>>
>>336815818
oh, no, those are man-serpents, they're snek worshipers, not Abyss-corrupted exiles
>>
>>336813508
he was a cruel and manipualtive asshat drunk on power, he used the do "good things" as an excuse, fuck that fag.
>>
>>336815815
Yhorm confirms that Miyzaki didn't like the design choices of DaS2 and wanted to retcon them.
>>
>>336816070
he kept the whale noises and the overall design, he just put a face in it
>>
>>336816070
Did anyone actually like the giant designs in 2 compared to 1? The butthole faces just seemed like a weird choice.
>>
>>336816270
I-I liked them...
>>
>>336816229
Yeah. I know. But it's clear he really didn't like the rest of the design.

>>336816270
I think it was pure genius, mostly because it tied in DaS1 in a clever way. We never see the face of a giant in DaS1. They all wore masks. So finally seeing that behind the mask was just some sort of hole? Pretty cool if you ask me.
>>
>>336802946
Aldrich was trying to bring about the age of the "Deep" whatever that is.
>>
>>336816423
It's kinda cheating but the giants in 1 have faces when you remove masks, they're just not detailed but they do have facial features.
>>
>>336803640
>chosen undeads aren't more than firewood
You play as one so who the fuck cares what you think if >chosen undead aren't more than firewood
Is your logic
>>
>>336815617

Eh, I dunno, it seems like you're grasping for straws familia. I find it hard to believe that Eleum Loyce was situated in such close proximity to Anor Londo, and cursed fire seems to be all over the place in general in Dark Souls.
>>
>>336816795
transitory lands senpai, the old geographies mean very little anymore. Hell, in the game's finale, you see the Kiln shove Lothric out of the way and plants itself right next to Firelink Shrine.

Also, source on comic? is there more?
>>
>>336816631
Sure, and ToTG was full of skulls with proper facial features whatnot.

I still liked the anusface Giant design. It upsets me that Miyzaki felt the need to revert it, because all it does now is make the series look inconsistent. Also: Why the fuck would he retcon the Giant design and still leave a craterface giant at Firelink for the Seed mechanic?

It's upsetting and confusing. At least it's clear there's still only one kind of giant. Yhorm is the descendant of Giant Lord and the Spaostone message in front of Storm Ruler refers to them a a "Greatwood"
>>
>>336816913
No, you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. There is more than 1 kind of giant: DaS1 giants, and DaS2 giants.
>>
>>336817023
>There is more than 1 kind of giant:
You're the only one making things over complex. Yhorm is descended from a confirmed Anusface. There's only one kind. It's been retconned except for that dumb Giant Tree which might just be a case of asset recycling more than anythign else.
>>
File: 1431979794752.jpg (30 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1431979794752.jpg
30 KB, 624x480
>>336801649
>Becomes a tyrananical monarch as the game goes on
>"IT'S A MARCHE'S FAULT."

Neets, everybody.
>>
>>336817216
>Yhorm is descended from an anusface
and why would this imply that he's the same species as the rest of the giants in the game? there's a reason why the Stormruler doesn't work on all of the masked giants that you find in the game, but it works on Yhorm: he's a different kind than them.
>>
File: pvp.gif (138 KB, 980x314) Image search: [Google]
pvp.gif
138 KB, 980x314
how should we update this image?
>>
>>336817358
>and why would this imply that he's the same species as the rest of the giants in the game?
Because he looks the same as the rest of them. They all look the same.
> there's a reason why the Stormruler doesn't work on all of the masked giants that you find in the game,
Because it would invalidate those giants on NG+ and beyond?
>>
>>336817485
r1 spam
>>
>>336817485
DS3 is just R1 spamming with any fast weapon.
>>
>>336817538
Yhorm has radically different proportions than the rest of the giants in the game, are you crazy? He's much lankier and has longer legs. He looks very, very different, aside from sharing a common skin texture.
>there's no lore behind this, it's a pure gameplay mechanic
this excuse should only be pulled when there's literally 0 other explanation
>>
So, what EXACTLY is the Dark Hand? A tiny fistful of the Abyss that you carry around with you?
>>
>>336818104
think of it as an spell you cast in your hand that lasts indefinitely.
>>
>>336816907

I guess so. The amount of kingdoms buried on-top of each other would make any archaeologist moist.

As for the comic, it's only one pic. Artist is Atelier on tumblr.
>>
>>336817684
>>336817630
No it's parry baiting. Parrying is this game's golden snitch, and it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>336818249
yeah, but the icon is the exact same as the Pyro glove, which makes me think that they're analogues somehow
>>
>>336817485
>>336817684
>>336817630
>>336818430
You're all wrong
The meme thing to do is having phantom gangbangs all dual wielding and spamming spin attack moves
>>
>>336816720
>he plays Dark Souls as a "go fetch some firewood and throw yourself on the fire" simulator
>he doesn't choose Dark ending every time
>>
>>336818683
>he chooses the Dark ending
oh yeah hollow civilizations sound REAL fun. It's not like New Londo and Londor are comprised exclusively of backstabbing murderers, no sir! in case you couldn't pick up on this, I'm being sarcastic right now
>>
>>336817630
>>336817684
This. Make it Dark Sword or Estoc.
>>
File: 1446079060788.gif (616 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
1446079060788.gif
616 KB, 600x420
>>336818832

>Not wanting to live in a world where being an edgelord is the norm and highly encouraged
>>
>>336819350
>being an edgelord
>>
File: 1457163489836.png (225 KB, 475x517) Image search: [Google]
1457163489836.png
225 KB, 475x517
>>336819402

>Being a weak little lamb just waiting to be slaughtered
>>
>>336807560
It really doesn't
>>
File: shhh.jpg (13 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
shhh.jpg
13 KB, 472x357
>>336808904
I thought you were going to say fantasy
>>
>>336819890
yes it does
>>
>>336819776
>being an edgelord
>>
Dark Souls 3 lorethreads are the worst. People are literally just making Shit up as they go along.
>>
>>336819350
>le seemingly happy "x" that is actually terribly disturbing with a wretched smile

this is some "middle school The Joker fan kid that likes creepypastas and attention issues" tier autism
>>
File: 1433505152957.png (108 KB, 272x266) Image search: [Google]
1433505152957.png
108 KB, 272x266
>>336800139
>He had good intentions but his actions were morally questionable.
>>
>>336820160
ok
>>
>>336809072
That's just a lie, the description of humanity outright states it radiates a gentle warmth full of emotion.

It's almost as like Myiazaki is trying to tell us the light soul is the evil one, innit?
>>
File: 1450974411954.jpg (45 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
1450974411954.jpg
45 KB, 780x439
Is it true that if you pick the white branch as starting gift the giant won't fire on you?
If yes does it still work after you've used the branch?
>>
File: 1462639944607.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
1462639944607.png
215 KB, 620x525
>>336820147

>Not being an edgelord in a souls game
>>
>>336818021
>He's much lankier and has longer legs.
And so that makes him a different species? Proportions? Forgetting that his voice and flesh are the same?
>this excuse should only be pulled when there's literally 0 other explanation
Which is the case in this situation. It's very clear there's only one kind of giant. If there were two, something would talk about it in some way. They'd say it. They just fucking would.

Your answer is the most complex and the least supported. A giant is a giant.
>>
>>336820726
>being a souls game
>>
>>336819189
>Not Irythill Meme Sword
>>
>>336821052

>Being a game
>>
>>336820618
I can personally confirm that the giant doesn't shoot at you if you start with white branch.

I'm not confident about the latter question. I'd assume it wouldn't.
>>
>>336821313
>being
>>
Why is it generally accepted that Gwyndolin fell ill? It's just what Yorshka thinks, and she also thinks the player can fly and is a dragon. I think it's just a lie Sulyvahn told her after he imprisoned and killed Gwyndolin
>>
>>336820447
Rare tiny black sprite found on corpses.
Use to gain 1 humanity and restore a
large amount of HP.

This black sprite is called humanity, but
little is known about its true nature.
If the soul is the source of all life,
then what distinguishes the humanity
we hold within ourselves?

it does not, you are dumb
>>
>>336821667
because Sulyvahn only imprisoned them after Gwyndolin fell ill and Yorshka had to take over the Darkmoon Knights. She was there to see him get sick, they were separated later
>>
>>336806342
I think he is implying that Ash Lake is an example of the Deep, and that it is actually underwater.
I could kind of see that with how the branches grow off the trees like they're on the surface, but all and all pulling shit directly out of his asshole.
>>
>>336800139
>Desecrated both the Profaned Capital and Anor Londo
>Turned the Ithiryll knights into beastly mindless berserkers
>Forced one of Gwynevere's maidens into exile and turned her into a monster
>Using both the powers of the Profaned Flame, made by Children of Dark and shadowy "moonlight" sorcery that even Dragon Scholars are hesitant to use AT THE SAME TIME
>not evil
I bet you think Usurping the Flame is the best ending too, faggot.
>>
>>336821974
*in
>>
>>336805623
Coming soon to a vaati video near you
>>
>>336804739
>fucked with the dangerous things his boss specifically told him not to fuck with
>became evil as a direct result
>tried to take over the world through subterfuge, military conquest and mindbreaking
He did everything wrong.
>>
>>336821871
It's never said that she saw him become sick. She could simply have taken over after Aldrich ate him, believing that he was sick because of the pontiff. She's pretty innocent and doesn't really understand what's going on
>>
>>336822179
He's just trying to save his country from the empire. He's a selfless hero
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (612 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
612 KB, 1024x768
MAKE SKYRIM GREAT AGAIN!
>>
>>336822750
>robbing Skyrim of the military, political and financial infrastructure of the Empire
>abandoning all of your foreign allies
>when another war with the elves is just around the corner
Ulfric did everything wrong
>
>>
>>336821431
Rather be dead.
>>
>>336822087
Vaati pls don't steal
>>
>>336816563
No he wasn't. He was preparing for its inevitably.
>>
Can someone explain the geography of the Souls games to me?

I mean, first we start off with a barren world with nothing for mountains, dragons and crag tree (what ARE crag trees anyways?) Then after the first flame is discovered, the world seemingly becomes greener for the human lands and parts of Anor Londo.

Didnt play DaS2, since it felt skippable, but now in DaS3, the world seems more barren again, and apparently the lands of the lords of cinder are mobile with Lothric at their center
>>
>>336822037
Don't forget how he made Gwynevere's daughter into a sex object first. He turned a divine royal foreign dignitary into his personal exotic dancer.
>>
>>336800139
>He had good intentions
Which were?
>>
is there a way to get Yhorm's armor? I've been looking, but I can't find anything
>>
>>336823501
No, you idiot.
>>
>>336823407
that's kind of hot
>>
>>336823394
You're thinking of archtrees.
They're the really big trees you see in Ash Lake.
The flow of time, et cetera.
The nature of Lothric is, et cetera.
>>
>>336823501
It's cut content.
inb4 shitposting about on-disk DLC
>>
File: GSAlex.jpg (204 KB, 942x1100) Image search: [Google]
GSAlex.jpg
204 KB, 942x1100
Daily Reminder
>>
>>336823782

He didn't do anything wrong because he didn't do anything.
>>
>>336823634
>Dancer is huge
>Implying Gwynevere might actually be as big as she looked in DaS1
>Giantess is my fetish
>Souls is my favorite series

WE HAD BETTER FUCKING MEET NEXT GEN SUNLIGHT TITTIES IN THE DLC. Just watch, it'll be some horrible monkey paw situation where she's horribly cursed and deformed because of something Sulyvahn did.
>>
>>336823839
>we had better see Gen 2 sunlight titties in the DLC
but anon, Rosaria exists
>>
>>336823836
Every goddamn thread
>>
>>336823839
I think she and Vordt just got huge because of the effects of the rings. The ghostly outriders in the city are not that big, and those hound monsters are the final result of the ring curse.
>>
This may seem nitpicky, but I've always been bothered by how shields get glued onto your back when you 2hand your weapon. They just kind of float there
>>
>>336823394
The Lords of Cinder fled far away to their homes to escape their fate. But the lands are converging to bring them in close.
>>
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56635001
>>
>>336807998

So did pontiff plan on making anor londo great again?
>>
File: 1462127606560.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462127606560.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336823942
>not as big
>not dressed the same
>not ginger
GWYNEVERE IS PERFECTION.

>>336824201
Shaddap. My genitals disagree.
>>
>>336824370
no, the Dark sucks and Pontiff sucks for liking it
>>
>>336821667

Gwyndolin is old as fuck by now

He likely had a long fulfilling life
>>
File: 1462128095144.webm (336 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1462128095144.webm
336 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>336805480
>sellsword twin blades

You're using one of the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>336805468
>to to save everyone in the city.
>anor londo city of hollows

uhh
>>
>>336824560
>shitty mercenary weapons are one of the best

Just..
>>
File: 1462127876362.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1462127876362.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>
Remind me why people think that the Dancer is hard
>>
>>336802327
He fed an entire city's children to Aldrich

Does "Road of Sacrifices" not tip you off of what's going on, either?
>>
>>336824667
I'm really not joking. It's one of the best paired curved swords in the game.

Warden Twinblades for the Bleed type.

Sellsword Twinblades for the Burst type.
>>
>>336824512
No Chest ahead thefore sadness

46 upvotes 21 downvotes

;_;
>>
File: Safest place to be.jpg (138 KB, 726x807) Image search: [Google]
Safest place to be.jpg
138 KB, 726x807
>>336824678
You misunderstood, anon
The Dancer makes them hard
>>
>>336817538
Ng+ giants are already a joke
>>
>>336821974
>the deep
seems important to the lore, what is the deep?

we have deacons of the deep etc.
>>
>>336824678
She's really hard for some loadouts, and really easy for others

there's actually quite a few bosses like that in DaS3, Nameless King is fucking easy if you're using a bow
>>
>>336824860
>sexualizing the royal descendant
DELETE THIS
>>
>>336824860

Is that a vag? Just how tight is her leg armor?
>>
>>336818495
>every pyromancer has a flame inside them
>every dickwalker has a humanity (dark) inside them
>>
>>336825128
Organtight.
>he doesn't read itemsceriptions
>>
>>336825160
yeah, but every NON-dickwalker also has a humanity in them, which is why I think that it's a shard of the Abyss, which is wild, supercharged humanity. Not enough to corrupt/mutate you, but enough to grant power
>>
>>336824678
Because she's a spamming bitch who's move set uses the lock on against you often causing the camera to spin out of control and regularly lose sight of the player.
Also heavy weapons are shit against her and practically all bosses and enemies in the game.
>>
>>336825026
Someone has already done that to a greater extent, Anon
>>336825128
It's so tight that it's fused to her skin
>>
what does /v/ think that the DLC will cover?
>>
>>336824950
its a play on words and themes

the deep = the abyss = the dark, but 'the deep' is also a reference to the ocean which is also a reference to the abyss which is also a reference to how the nord's thought the world would end (in flooding). So the deep has both a figurative and literal meaning which FROM likes to hint at. In blood borne it's implied to be actual water, in souls land it's implied to be crazy monster mutations and eternal darkness.
>>
>>336825432

One of them will definitely be based in Londor.
>>
>>336825432

Emerald herald
>>
>>336803640
I don't even know why this bitch/bastard or any other fucker from ds1 is even still alive because I distinctly remember tearing em apart with my fucking claymore
>>
>>336825498

Fuck no Ive had enough of hollows

Something themed like ivory king or iron king would be best
>>
File: Pontiff-plating his life.png (294 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff-plating his life.png
294 KB, 600x599
>>336800139
Sulyvahn did nothing wrong
>>
>>336825664
>go to the Profaned Capital and meet Alsanna
>>
>>336825292
the abyss is snake lies bro. there is only the darkness which lies in the hearts of men, their humanity. most people deny it, dick walkers embrace it.

this is my headcanon.
>>
>>336825569
#1 Gwyndolin is optional so it doesn't matter
#2 Havel had knights that served beneath him so its likely some of them are wearing the same shit wondering around

And those two are I think the only returning cast.
>>
>>336825432
pointless bullshit that will require you to pay 40 dollars for darksouls3: scholars of the first ash to make sense of a year later.
>>
>>336825432
>DLC1
ANGELS OF LONDOR - Explores Londor and concludes the Primordial Serpent plotline. We find out about the Angels and Gertrude and everything else relating to that. Expect more DaS1 pandering
>DLC2
BEARERS OF THE CURSE - Explores more about Profaned Capital and Alsanna as well as the Profaned Flame and Yhorm plot. Aldia and Shanalotte appear and we find out about Ocelotte and whatever happened with him and Gwynevere. This one will be heavy on DaS2 pandering.
>>
File: 1462413959763.webm (2 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
1462413959763.webm
2 MB, 720x406
>>
>>336825730
famiglia that makes no sense.

the Dark existed from the second that the First Flame came into being, it just describes the absence of light in anyplace where the Flame doesn't shine.

The Abyss was artificially created ages later when Oolacile fucked up Manus, or when people get too eager in utilizing their own Humanity. It's a different thing.

Think about what you're saying for a second. If darkness and the Abyss are one and the same, does the Abyss temporarily swallow the world every night? Are the shadows that lurk in your basement made of 100% concentrated wild humanity? Do people wake up every morning to find that half of their relatives have been mutated into hideous Abyss monsters?
>>
>>336825381
Hottest girl t b h

>>336825728
We alredy went there to fight Yhorm.
>>
>>336825704
Him and Aldritch were such good pals. Aldtrich made Sulyvahn a pope and he in return, gave him some boy pussy to eat.
>>
>>336825919
I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE BELL

how does the Bell of Awakening work? How is it stealing the LoC souls from the SoC for usage in revival? What is it doing to Unkindled, that buttons up their humanity? Who built it and why?
>>
>>336825919
>DLC3
Explore an Ancient City. King's Field pandering.
>>
>>336826009
no, I mean go there in the past woooooooooo~

learn more about who cast the curse and more about what specifically it is
>>
>>336826009
>barely three bonfires
>Yhorm's plot is hardly explained
>lore hints about Alsanna on some items
There's nothing stopping us from exploring some older/deeper areas or something similar to AotA where we outright time travel.
>>
>>336826009
>shad makes a Dancer pic
>no butthole
FUCKING DAMN IT
That's not even what Dancer's ass looks like in game!
>>
>>336825432
BEARER

SEEK

SEEK

LEST
>>
>>336826139
There will be only two dlcs, sadly
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.