[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. Which is better? After playing the Overwatch beta it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 30
File: BvO.jpg (249 KB, 635x858) Image search: [Google]
BvO.jpg
249 KB, 635x858
So.

Which is better?

After playing the Overwatch beta it's fun enough, but a bit shallow. Probably not worth $40.

Meanwhile with Battleborn I hear FPS moba and my eyes glaze over.
>>
>>336758415
gearbox is known to shill
and (You) might even be doing it for free
>>
>>336758787
What?

How am I shilling?
>>
>>336758415
I've played overwatch, I think I'm done with it. Its just like TF2, Lead and Gold, fuckin class shootans.
I'd like to try Battleborn, but if there isn't a demo, I doubt I'll ever play it. It looks funner than Overwatch for what its worth.
>>
Played Battleborn beta those two times it was available and it was clunky and boring. There's some good character design and good ideas, but it's Gearbox and I can't trust them.

Overwatch is a discount TF2 clone and don't like the character design. There's a few good characters like Mercy and some good skins like the Mariachi, but that's not enough to make me buy it.
>>
Both games are pretty fun and accomplish different things.
Overwatch is trying to be Team Fortress 2: Pixar Edition.
Battleborn is trying to be Borderlands: MOBA Edition.
Admittidly, Overwatch has a lot more polish behind it, and is well optimized on PC, while Battleborn has some issues, even if I personally find Battleborn a lot more fun. At the end of the day, play the one you like more or play both. They fill different niches and trying to compare the two is like trying to compare apples and oranges.
>>
>>336758415
I hate Gearbox, but I still vastly enjoyed Battleborn over Overwatch.

Overwatch is just a lame TF2 clone but it somehow feels cheaper
>>
Everyone is saying its 40.... Where please? Every store I look at its 60
>>
>>336760985
On battlenet it's $40 for standard edition and $60 for origin edition.
>>
>>336758415
Only tried the Battleborn beta in Coop, and it was decently fun, pretty much like a Borderlands lite.

Overwatch was fun for awhile, but gets stale super fucking quickly.

I'm curious about Paladins though, since I brushed it off as an Overwatch ripoff but looking at it again, it might actually be fun.
>>
>>336758415
Battleborn is like cancer if cancer could be reviewed and the reviews could be bought.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>336758415
why not buy both deluxe editions like a good goy?
>>
>>336758787
Somebody talking about BB/Overwatch. Sounds like its time to call everybody a shill and make another Dark Souls/ bloodborne thread
>>
>>336758415
>Played a few hours of each one's open beta

Battleborn co-op is kinda fun. Reminds me of the better parts of Borderlands co-op. MOBA-mode is a fucking mess with way too much shit going on and a distracting UI. I worry that late game co-op or competitive MOBA is probably a grindfest.

Overwatch feels like a more fun TF2, although I was pretty lukewarm on TF2. I've been having some networking issues sometimes, but when the network is responsive it feels good and the characters are diverse and feel unique.

>Personal verdict:
Passing on Battleborn for $60 for sure. Might get it cheaper down the road, assuming the community is still alive.

On the fence about buying Overwatch. Going to play more of the beta and see how I feel after 4 or 5 more hours of gameplay.

Overwatch also has better waifus
>>
>>336760985
You have to go the battlenet client > Shop > Click the overwatch tab on the left (it should show 2 items for sale) > Standard edition

They are being jews and purposely making it harder to find the standard edition.
>>
>>336760985

You have to manually go to the store and change the options to buy it at $40

No joke, blizz jewish maximus
>>
Battleborn has my vote, the chaarcters have a fuck ton of depth and shit to lunlock besides ranks, like lore and TONS of voices.

Like the voice actors i hear are just appealing, TF2 Medic as the german robot ass hole, VEGETA as Rath, Goten as Shayne.

And Oscar Mike just generally pleasant to listen to.

Plus there's an actual story mode and the world of Battleborn is much better built than Overwatch, like i don't even know why the fuck they're fighting in that.
>>
>>336758415
http://www.strawpoll.me/10133241
>>
>>336761979
yeah this.

Overwatch is my first blizz game and i'm digging it so far, tho blatantly hiding the 40$ version has me worried and not a good way to build player trust.
>>
>>336761979
Serious question: are voice actors that important to you? I almost always try to disable voices in games like these after a few hours.
>>
>>336763847
I mean, i was just surprised by the amount of detail that went into it. Like if you dominate someone and that somoene is involved with the character your playing as, they have like 5-6 lines for that one domination on that one person.
It's a nice touch that expands my experience just even though im doing a match similar to the last.

Whereas Overwatch, I'm a big fan of Roadhog but i know absolutely fucking nothing about him and nothing he says in game even expands on that at all. They're all so lifeless in Overwatch except for the few that got into cinematics.

Also hearing Vegeta is fucking awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tg8QjllMec
>>
Battleborne has reasons to keep playing but atrocious maps and a rather sickening p2w sort of feel to the upgrades you can unlock.

Overwatch has excellent gameplay for what it is and fantastic maps but no real reason to keep playing the game after you've seen all the maps and tried all the characters.

Neither are 60$ titles, but neither was Titanfall so who fucking knows.
>>
>>336764286
>Neither are 60$ titles
To be fair, Overwatch's MSRP is $40
>>
>>336760985
it's $40 on PC and $60 on consoles, sorry.
>>
File: dwadawd.png (19 KB, 570x158) Image search: [Google]
dwadawd.png
19 KB, 570x158
is he right /v/?
>>
>>336758415
Overwatch is more polished and a more manageable post launch gameplay balance. Battleborns single player campaign is not even that interesting.
>>
>>336761139
paladins is the worst moba/shooter game coming out.
>>
They're competently different games. Quit being fags.
>>
>>336759845
so much of this, wow, a good opinion on /v/.

I prefer bbattleborn ove overwatch, but I know it is not a game for everyone and story mode has some consistent glitches that even if not gamebreaking, are annoying so ut needs more time.
>>
>>336764578
No. I played like 10 hours+ of Battleborn and not once did i experience any fucking character as retardedly broken as Bastion.
The game is balanced as fuck and not a single character absolutely dominates ANY match mode so far.
I played one fucking match of payload as Bastion and in one life after failing to defend and got 16 kills, the play of the day, 2 ultis all on one fucking life.

Overwatch LOOKS nicer, has better marketing, and has the Blizzard name but that shit is not built correctly at all.
>>
>>336758415
Battleborn was co-written by Anthony Burch
>>
File: 1451975872546.png (112 KB, 184x240) Image search: [Google]
1451975872546.png
112 KB, 184x240
>Battleborn getting some love

I have AMD so it runs like complete shit right now no matter what I do and I still can't stop playing it even when I have Overwatch installed.

This is the most fun I've had since Monday Night Combat and I put 500 hours into both it and SuperMNC combined.
>>
>>336764286
>p2w upgrades
upgrades are shit, the cost to pull any decent one off in a match involves you being not-present half the time to farm enough money and also not spending that money on useful things for your team or towards winning the match like turrets or those 600 cost bots.
>>
>>336765012
This exactly, I played an Oscar Mike match and focused on pushing and shard collecting every chance i got, our military funding far exceeded theirs and we overcame them with ease.
>>
>>336758415
Didn't play BattleBorn - but Overwatch ain't worth 60 EU thats for shure. Could be worth it for ~25-30. I just don't see the point in paying for a game when every match is almost the same and game gets boring in 1 tops 2 hours of play. But hey that's just me.
>>
>>336764820
>bastion
>broken
play hanzo, widowmaker, reinhardt, winston, pharah
they're called counters you fucking retard.
>>
>>336764928
>This is the most fun I've had since Monday Night Combat

dude... thats really sad
>>
File: kek.png (83 KB, 711x161) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
83 KB, 711x161
Doesn't matter, Battleborn is already dead{/spoiler}
>>
>>336764821
Yeah because you didn't have to look that up just to find an excuse to be mad.
>>
>>336764821
>"wrote a little for battle born"
>"Co-wrote"
just cause he wrote for it doesnt mean he cowrote it dipshit.
>>
>>336765245
Lol. So much anger blizzdrone. Nah, i took out Winston with ease, and a Reinhardt on my team gave me ALL the time and defense i needed to take out the opposition. And if someone was out of my way? I would wipe as many as i could then ulti to clear out the farther adversaries.
The character is busted as hell.
>>
>>336765297
I mean that as in they're basically the same style of game.
>>
>>336764820
>bastion
>broken

nah you just suck
>>
>>336765245
You do realise Bastion isnt broken as an individual, its that if he has anyone helping his setup such as a reinhart or a mercy these "counterpicks" are fucking redundant because he will out tank your damage and shit all over you.

It takes a full blown ult such as hanzo's dragon to successfully dislodge a bastion and I dont think a character that is so strong that you need to blow an AOE ult just to stop them sitting there is fun or good game design.

He isnt "broken OP" but he is complete cancer to fight against.
>>
>>336765245
Reaper and Tracer are harder counters to Bastion then that entire list. Roadhog also pulls Bastion out of turret mode into a pretty much guaranteed kill unless he has his ult to run into with chain.
>>
>>336765378
Bad Winston then, All he has to do is jump behind you and lay a shield down and you are done.
>>
File: 1423428073854.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423428073854.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>336761979
>>336764179
>Implying Gearbox writing is good and/or enjoyable
>>
>>336765307
I love how Evolve is now the benchmark for dead games
>>
>>336765442
What is symmetra?
>>
>>336764286
CP and Incursion maps are good. I don't like Meltdown, so I don't really have an opinion on the maps, but they're pretty at least.

They just need to fix Marquis on Overgrowth and the optimization on Echelon, and it'll be fine.

>P2W
How so? You can't even buy packs with real money, and you'll easily have enough gear to fill every role by level 15-20.

>>336764820
>Balanced
>When Galilea exists
>When Marquis can snipe the first sentry across the map in Overgrowth and other team can do nothing about it unless they have a Kleese
I think it's more balanced than OW overall, but there are some massive issues in the balance. Ambra was just as broken as Galilea, but she just got nerfed (again) and Galilea was already nerfed once, and is still broken as shit. Teams based around CC are also complete bullshit, stacking Kelvin+Gal+Miko+ISIC is the worst thing to fight against, and in general I completely disagree with stun even being in the game.

Also, Bastion is easily countered. He's just a pubstomp character.
>>
Overwatch has the benefit of Blizzard polish and marketing, but even as flawed as Battleborn is I had more fun with it's beta 2bh. GOAT support play.

Both are casual fun and charge too much for what they are.
>>
>>336765412
>I suck
>Didn't read that I was the one that dominated with Bastion
Sad blizzdrones.
>>
>>336764286
>fantastic gameplay
>but no real reason to keep playing

Holy shit just fuck off and stick to COD or whatever tickles your autism where you MUST unlock things to be satisfied.
>>
>>336765583
I quit reading because you have retarded opinions sorry dude :/
>>
>>336765562
What is Reinhardt's shield or Mercy's healing beam or Monk Dudes harmony orb.

Did you completely ignore my entire post just to say a counterpick

Fucking blizzdrones everyone.
>>
>>336765583
>im playing against pubs in a beta, oooh im so good.
>>
>>336765563
Haven't fought a Marquis that did that, I'll have to try it myself. From what position?

Well timed stuns like that do sound brutal as fuck actually, i assume the team shouldn't ever be stacked when dealing with a team like that.
>>
>>336765709
Lol k get mad kiddo.
>>
>>336765695
Stopped reading after I
>>
>>336765815
Mom cut computer time short? Guess she doesn't know about smart phones, teehee ;)
>>
>>336765829
ur bad at games lol
>>
>>336758415
>but a bit shallow.
Define shallow? Because I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
TF2
>more game modes
>more customization
>moddable servers

If you ignore the retarded matchmaking they hacked in, its still a good game
>>
>>336765815
You have to over 18 to post here
>>
>>336758415
On one had we have Riot.
On the other hand we have Blizzard.
How about neither
>>
>>336764820
>only played 10 hours+

Ambra was OP once and got nerfed after a few hours of the beta. also some gear loadout can make Phoebe and Galilea OP. that's why shitty attributes are now much common when we roll epic loot packs now. Gearbox doesn't seem to know what they're doing, they seems to lack foresight when balancing the game.
Also Bastion is OP, Tracer can easily out flank him, Mei just Ice wall his line off sight. just GIT GUD SON!
>>
>>336758415
havent played battleborn yet so cant comment on it (saw a sick giant boss battle though).
but OW is disappointment of the year
>>
I've played Overwatch for around six hours now and I've loved every minute of it. Mei could use a bit of a nerf but whatever.

I gave Battleborn a fair shake too. I played for 20 minutes as a chick with a bow and arrow and in the span of that 20 minutes the servers went down 3 times.

Overwatch wins, fuck off Randy.
>>
>>336767376
just started playing OW first time. Holy shit tracer is fun to zip around as and that reverse time shit is golden. Also getting mvp every game. Been a while since i've enjoyed a fps
>>
>>336765442

reinhardt is broken as it gets.

bastion is ok with a damage nerf, he takes out the pig man on 3 seconds.
>>
>>336766761
Ambra got nerfed twice. She was still broken after the first nerf.

Phoebe is fine. She has good strengths and weaknesses as a character, and I feel that she's at the level of balance that everyone else should be brought to.
>>
Overwatch is fun but wait for sale tier

Battleborn looks better than Snorederlands but it looks way too chaotic and busy
>>
File: Maximum Disappointment.png (90 KB, 505x427) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Disappointment.png
90 KB, 505x427
May I ask why people don't want to play supports?
I love playing a healslut mushroom as much as the next guy, but Jesus Christ. Every game I've been in has always either had Oscar, Orendi or that one chick with that Stand or whatever.
>>
overwatch felt like something id drop after about a week

im not sure you could pay me to play battleborn, dropped the beta within an hr
>>
>-75% exp
>don't really care because you just collect a bunch of cosmetic bullshit
nice try familia but not worth 40 bucks
>>
File: 1454473803048.png (198 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454473803048.png
198 KB, 557x605
>>336768451
>tfw making dank Reyna plays
>tfw you save yourself and an ally with a clutch shield
>>
Battleborn?
More like Battlestillborn!
>>
File: 9f8.gif (44 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
9f8.gif
44 KB, 444x444
>>336768591
>Playin Miko on CP
>Sometime late into the game, manage to get a double kill with the LV 10 Mushroom skill
>mfw I still don't know if they were shit or I just got lucky
>>
>>336758415
Both are trash and exemplify everything wrong with the video game industry today.
>>
Overwatch is a ton of fun. For like 20 hours. After that the fatigue really starts to set in, because there's so few maps and game modes.
>>
>>336758787
>OP literally says he doesn't want to consider BB because it's an AoS
>This is somehow shilling

He's literally saying it's shit.
>>
>>336764286
Yea but Titanfall was at least fun.
>>
File: SIfdwQJ.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SIfdwQJ.png
1 B, 486x500
Alright, I normally wouldn't say this lads, but I'm having a shit load of fun playing Battleborn. Like, a disgusting amount.

You should absolutely buy it from a keysite for $30. It's worth it.

It's kind of boring to start off, and there are some performance issues, but once you get into it and find a hero you like the PvP is so good.

As with most MOBAs it can be a bit boring in stomp matches, but when it's good, it's so really good.

>fast paced
>very objective oriented
>combat feels solid as fuck
>Paradise is a great MOBA map, which makes all the difference

Don't let the artstyle (which is utter garbage) or the fact that it's an FPS moba turn you away.
>>
>>336770580

And just to be clear, it's not like Overwatch. It doesn't get boring after 15 matches. It's not sterile as fuck.

I'm 30 hours deep only playing one fucking hero (Reyna best girl) and I'm not even slightly burned out.

There's a lot of ways to fuck shit up, and the game modes are different enough to keep it interesting.

I do hope they add some new maps and have some balance / optimization / QoL upkeep though. That's what will really determine it's future.
>>
File: 1430799680863.jpg (7 KB, 285x316) Image search: [Google]
1430799680863.jpg
7 KB, 285x316
>>336764564
>>
>>336764564
>stupid league of legends player picking the main stream game over battleborn

what a surprise.

Got battleborn because i've had much more fun with gearbox titles in the past than with blizzard titles.
>>
>>336770580
>>336770725

>buy it from a keysite for $30
>game is $60

how is this shit even possible my mind is blown
>>
This is going to turn into the LoL vs Dota thread that every 9 year old posts on /v/.
>>
>>336765012
Some of the upgrades are downright broken on marquis and toby imo, namely crits amps, shield dmg amps and damage increase.
This is coming from a toby cheeser.
>>
File: screwed.png (97 KB, 614x302) Image search: [Google]
screwed.png
97 KB, 614x302
>>336771273

On snipers and certain assassin items are okay.

For everyone else they're mostly just to pad your weaknesses. Like, I'm getting dunked on, I need some runspeed or HP/S.

Personally this is the only item I ever build, and I've won 11 out of my last 13 Meltdown matches.
>>
>>336758415
I don't know if I'm impressed or saddened by the fact Gearbox tried to release against Blizzard in even a remotely similar genre.
>>
>>336771137
>be be Vadiszlav from Romania
>wanna buy vidya game, but sadly 60€ exceeds monthly wage
>Company knows this and sells game for 20€ there because otherwise they'd make fuckall money from them
>buy key for game, resell it online for 10€ more, profit
>>
>>336771469

Battleborn started development first.

Battleborn had a free open beta test for a month.

Battleborn announced their released first.

Blizzard counter-announced every step of the way, and moved their OBT to coincide with battleborn's release.

Gearbox really shirked on marketing, though. I'm hoping that they're hedging their bets and are going to start a bigger campaign once the OW beta ends.
>>
>>336764286
>p2w
The items you can buy don't help you that much. The items cost so much that if you would just farm up to one of them would take you maybe 2-3 minutes and that is a lot in a match. In the meantime your enemies have taken and advantage and is winning while your team had to fight 4v5.

They are only really useful in story missions and even then you don't gain much from them. They are just there to improve your character more other than leveling up.

But you can also get things like skin and emote drops from the packs which are nice don't don't make your character any better.
>>
>>336771469

And, I mean, not only is this game not in the same genre as Overwatch, but it's also exactly the same as all of their previous games.

It's literally fucking Borderlands 1 with good PvP. Seriously.
>>
I had zero interest in battleborn before the open beta and was really excited for overwatch.

Overwatch is just bland, in terms of map and characters, and too focused on ultimates.

At no point did I feel like I accomplished anything, even when the game told me I did a super job.

Battleborn fights felt way more meaningful and helixes made characters more intriguing.
>>
>>336770580
>>336770725
>>336771651
>the amount of $0.10 has been added to your account
>>
>>336771717
>people don't like neo-blizzard's new game so they must be shills
>>
>>336764286

What exactly are you referring to?

There literally aren't any microtransactions, and items make almost no difference in PvP unless you're ignoring objectives.

>you do matches and earn credits
>you spend credits on loot boxes to get items
>doing PvE missions give you loot boxes
>doing challenges (basically achievements) gives you a shit load of credits

What part of this am I missing?

>>336764821

Burch was fired a long time ago, he had nothing to do with this game. He's actually been knocking it and praising Overwatch on twitter.
>>
>>336771717
>People giving their opinions and why they liked x over y
>Must be shills
Why can't this just fucking die already?
>>
>>336771469
It's blizzard that pretty much countered gearbox every step of the way during production.

>gearbox announced first
>gearbox started development first
>had an open beta first
>released a trailer first

blizzard pretty much won in terms of marketing but i think that Overwatch will die of in popularity like HOTS did. Only really be popular a bit and have a few not so big tournaments.

i know HOTS was is still played a lot but when it was released people said HOTS would be more popular than LOL but look what happened. Then again they said the same thing about that DC MOBA.
>>
File: 1429532006497.jpg (29 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1429532006497.jpg
29 KB, 720x720
>>336771645
>It's literally fucking Borderlands 1
I get this sneaking suspicion that you haven't played either Borderlands 1 or Battleborn.
>>
>>336771645
>it's like borderlands 1

Yeah you did not play battleborn nor borderlands 1 did you?
>>
This game is fucking garbage. I'm sure Blizzdrones can't wait to spend money on it though. You could put diarrhea on a plate, as long as it has Blizzard's logo on it, Blizzdrones will line up.

>Supposed to be a competitive FPS game
>Open beta until the 9th
>Sure, why not?
>Random characters that make no sense running around 1-2 shotting each other with flashy easy to aim abilities
>Skill level is set at autism to appeal to the typical Blizzard fan
>Will be $60 and have DLC included
>Blizzdrones will defend this autistic game

Adventure Capitalist requires more thought and skill than this game does.
>>
Battleborn's character designs are cancer to the eyes.
>>
>>336771996
>blizzard is the new apple

i can see it.
>>
>that huge ass weapon model

Is the campaign even good enough?
>>
File: 20160505205503_1.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160505205503_1.jpg
370 KB, 1920x1080
>>336772081
>hating on best girl
>>
>>336772151
Not even joking that shit looks like it seriously gets in the way of gameplay. Also this looks like a worse borderlands, how did they do that?
>>
>>336772190
A lot of the better palyers i have played against seem to main her.
Those cool down reductions make her pretty beast.
>>
>>336772081

I agree, but you get used to it after a bit.

>>336771902
>>336771986

I don't know what you want from me, it feels solid in the way that I remember Borderlands 1 feeling.

Just because the art looks like shit doesn't mean it plays like shit.
>>
>>336761092
What comes with Origin edition anyway?
>>
Runs like shit for me even with tweaked .ini settings. I think its a half decent loot grinder and enough heroes to learn for a while but the game is fucking unplayable in most parts
>>
>>336772371
A few unique skins (i.e. not unlockable through the game itself) and some Overwatch-related shit for other Blizzard games.
>>
>>336772151
The UI is probably the biggest problem of the game, it's a complete clusterfuck of bad decisions
>>
Isn't the Battleborn community dead and will be even more deader in a few months? I would hate to pay $60 and then wait 10 minute queues just to play a game.
>>
>>336772383

What are you running? I have a GTX 660 and a 6 year old processor, and I occaisionally get dips down to 40 but I mostly get 60-80.

I'm pretty sure there's a memory leak, though.
>>
>>336772151
It has it's up and downs. Some levels harder than others.

The comedy is better than borderlands imo thanks to the lack of memes in it.

The story is your typical bad guy wants to destroy the world cliche.

Play it through at least once i say to at least experience it. Tho then if you want to unlock characters early you will have to play certain missions more than once.

>>336772317
Stacking CD items on her as well makes her hard to deal with if she can get her combos off.

>>336772383
What is your specs?

Im running a 970 and 32 GB ram and i have never had any performance issues.
>>
>>336772465
Thanks.
>>
>>336772505
I have a 660 also and i5 2500k @4.0, Overwatch runs at between 70-80 fps on almost all maxed settings so I know its not me but beyond the .ini tweaks I don't know
>>
File: 1423203442269.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1423203442269.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>336772335
Oh that's what you meant.
>It just feel solid and well put together. A few flaws but not enough to completely flush the game. Art style looks the same.
I hope that's what you meant because that's what I'm reading.

Your first comment made me think you were making a 1:1 comparison with Borderlands and Battleborn based on gameplay and not looks.
>>
>>336772502
Well, no one's talking about Battleborn, it's all about Overwatch. It's also made by Gearbox, and people are still salty about either the Memelands sequels or Colonial Marines;
>>
>>336772545
Gearbox games aren't gpu dependent, they're cpu dependent.
>>
>>336772502
don't know what you're talking about because i have max 2 minutes wait times here.
>>
File: ui.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ui.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336772151

It's much worse for Oscar Mike than it is for most of the characters, and he's usually shooting while scoped.

It doesn't look that bad to me once you set the scaling and bounds, you get used to it.

My only problem is that this is the lowest scaling you can get on the UI.
>>
File: Intro.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Intro.webm
2 MB, 800x450
one thing that Battle born has over overwatch by far is the character intros and them usic during them.
>>
>>336771026
Literally a cuck
>>
>>336772683

Nah, the optimization is definitely utter shit at times, I just haven't had that many problems with it after I turn the graphics all the way down.

>>336772889

This is what the game looks like at lowest graphics settings, by the way.
>>
>>336772917

>not linking the full fucking intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N5XQI8EDDw

This should've been one of their trailers, those dinguses.
>>
>>336773046
did you even watch the full webm?
>>
File: 1459941305507.png (7 KB, 327x275) Image search: [Google]
1459941305507.png
7 KB, 327x275
>>336772917
>>336773046
>Del the Funky Homosapien
gaahhh that intro
I need to get a still of dem Rath nostrils
>>
>>336772975
i don't think you know what that word means.
>>
Overwatch runs smoothly at 4K@60fps
>>
>>336758415
I wish this MOBA meme would fucking die. MOBAs have never been good and injecting their shit-tier game design into other genres is spreading the tumour even further.
>>
>>336773179

I already posted it here >>336770580
>>
>>336773265
The file is 404 for me
>>
>>336773265

Shit somehow the picture is 404'd. I don't even know man.

>>336773046

The fact that this glorious piece of shit only has 18k views after release is disgusting.
>>
>>336764564
THAT'S A SLAM DUNK.
>>
File: Rath Nostrils.png (430 KB, 769x649) Image search: [Google]
Rath Nostrils.png
430 KB, 769x649
fuck it
this is mine
>>
>>336773550

i don't know what I'm looking at but it's glorious
>>
>>336758415
On over watch theres 4 good characters who rape,the healers cant do any damage which is fucking retarded
>>
>Got into the Battleborn Closed Beta
>Completely forgot and didn't get a chance to try it

But honestly, the game reaks of Gearbox and it disgusts me. Toby "memelord" Destroyer and his character page perfectly demonstrate everything I hate about Gearbox and so I struggle with the idea of even giving the game a chance. It's like Blizzard's poor attempt to create characterization in Overwatch but cranked up to 11 with no sense of self-awareness.
https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/toby-the-destroyer/
>>
File: 1461637789861-v.jpg (103 KB, 850x726) Image search: [Google]
1461637789861-v.jpg
103 KB, 850x726
I'm literally just going to get overwatch just to play for 20 minute bursts a day. I honestly don't think it's good for anything other than some bite sized decent game play every now and then, no way in hell would I binge that fucking game.
>>
>>336775060
going into the beta expecting the worse i was actually surprised that the game was fun it felt like something i could play for hours on end and i'm not much of a A.S.S.F.A.G.G.O.T
player

and when people do what they need to do in game working as a team it's pretty damn great

overwatch felt more like tf2 which i can just play again not much else stood out in that game
teamplay was what i found fun enough in battleborn.
super monday combat
>>
>>336771273
as a marquis main, I build 2 legendaries and 1 epic, so I contribute no shards to the team, if my team cannot hold agains reinforced waves until at least mid game Im fucked.

Marquis is an easy champion that its hard to counter, but ghalt and shayne just destroy him. What I found out is that people just don't know how to deal with him.
>>
>>336758415
Paragon
what the fuck is wrong with this board why isn't anyone talking about the GOAT MOBA
>>
>>336776059
Is that even out yet?
>>
>>336775060

PvP is the fun part of the game, anon.

Yes, it's gearbox. Yes, some of the characters are retarded. Yes, the art style makes you want to claw out your eyes.

It's also fun, though.

>>336775897

If you ask me, Marquis doesn't really belong in the game.

It's one thing for a character like Reyna to counter shield based characters with her bonus shield damage, I understand the merits of strengths and weaknesses.

Marquis is something else entirely, though. The whole purpose of the sniper archetype is that you're not required to participate in any of the game's normal mechanics.

In a game like this, where something like 85% of the heroes fundamentally cannot attack him before they die, it becomes an impressive flaw in design.

Most Marquis have atrocious aim so it's not been a big problem for me, but when you get someone who's played an FPS before the match becomes a shit show.

He can, not simply poke, but deal big chunks of damage to anyone who walks into a lane from any distance - and there's not much anyone who doesn't have stealth can do about it.

Like I said, I've not had a problem with him, so I don't know that he's actually overpowered, but just the design seems wrong.

>>336776059

I haven't played Paragon, but the gameplay videos make it look like one of the most boring games I've ever seen.

The pacing is so mind numbingly slow that I could never imagine myself playing it. It looks like a much worse version of SMITE with good graphics.

It appears has none of the advantages of a shooter and all of the disadvantages of both the MOBA and the Shooter genre.

It just seems tacked on. I don't understand what they're going for.
>>
>Battleborn already has a $20 season pass
>All DLC in Overwatch will be free
>>
Overwatch feels like Diablo 3 for me. It's easy to start playing games because it's super optimized, but I leave each match feeling disappointed and unsatisfied for some reason.
>>
So what is the deal with the play of the game thing? Does it just randomly choose a player and their "best" moment in the match?
>>
>>336776880
The only things you can't get from the season pass for free are story missions and some exclusive skins (that'll probably be shitty recolors). Modes, maps, and characters will all be free.
>>
>>336776880
>all DLC
Blizzard is probing the waters to see what the absolute maximum they can jew customers is before they start getting suspicious.
I pity you if you think that every addition to the game will be free in the future. At the least, maps and characters will be.
>>
>>336776880

>blizzdrones trying this hard to justify their purchase

Kind of silly to complain about a season pass before it includes anything, it's just there for the dick-sucking fanboys.

BL2 had like 6 expansions and a few class packs, though. Their season passes are usually pretty decent.

We both know Overwatch isn't going to get shit for content updates, which I guess doesn't really matter because it gets boring after the first 15 matches.

>>336777420

Welcome to every Neo-Blizzard game. You've automatically triggered the Battleborn Shill Mobile, please stand by for more info.

Go buy it $30 from a keysite. You'll be pissed after the first few hours for buying such a piece of shit unpolished game.

Then you'll stop being pissed and start having a great deal of fun. At least that's how it was for me.

It's definitely an in-it-for-the-long-haul game, and matches where your team works together are disgustingly satisfying.
>>
>>336772151
That's literally Borderlands.
>>
Aesthetically Battleborn is fucking terrible. Seriously? Can't Gearbox into 3D modeling?
>>
>>336772151

There are 8 missions, most of them are just introducing the characters you unlock in roundabout ways.

The story is pretty lame. Humor isn't too bad since they finally stopped using memes. It has some good boss fights.

It's neither horribly unplesant or particulary fantastic. It's a nice way to test out characters and helixes, though.

At any rate, If you're going to buy it do it for the PvP not the campaign. That's where the fun is.
>>
File: uglyasfuck.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uglyasfuck.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336778086

Are you saying you don't like the skin I got from my loot box, anon?

Surely you must be joking!

Yes, it's one of the worst artstyles I've ever seen in any game. They've taken their shitty style to a disgusting extreme and removed the one thing that actually made them charming - the cell-shaded comic book textures.

I've already clawed my eyes out several times in the course of playing, but unfortunately they keep growing back.

If you enjoy the game, you will get used to it. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it and the damage to your corneas will be minimal.
>>
>>336776591
Free weekend last week and this week. If you buy founders pack this weekend its like 10 bucks on sale and you can start polaying beta asap.

>>336776631
The battles get pretty fucking intense and I am really enjoying it. I am a graphics whore so that could be it. But the characters all play differently and so far tanks don't seem to be dominating the game. The match making is wierd in that you pick a champ and it auto matches you with a team and opponents so you can't really customize your team comp unless you have friends that play. The gameplay videos they showcased however did look boring af.
>>
>>336777794
>At least, maps and characters will be free.
What else is there for them to charge money for?>>336777920
They're already making two new characters. Also, Blizzard constantly adds content for all their games.
>>
>>336778495

Uh, that's definitely not how the matchmaking works.

Teams are decided as soon as you get into the lobby, how do you think the map voting would work otherwise?

If you're thinking of that versus shit they do during the map loadscreen, that's just for show.
>>
>>336778165
Humor-wise they have some really good ideas but tend to overplay them. For example:
>Recycling AI with a god complex that views its work as spiritual rebirth. Clever.
>Demands sacrifices to curry its favor. Funny!
>Declaring the sacrifices will become bicycle parts with a sense of awe. Hilarious!
>Cackling after every single line, including "I just heard a funny joke!" Annoying!
>>
>>336778430
Borderlands was never cel-shaded, anon, and neither is Battleborn.
>>
>>336771026
Dunkey stopped playing league like a year ago after they banned him for cussing.
>>
>>336758415
battleborn is way more fun to me, but I respect overwatch for what it is.
>>
>>336778528
>what else is there to charge money for
Skins, taunts, post-game animations, etc.
>>
>>336778816
Seriously? Im surprised it did not happen sooner with all the shit he did in that game.
>>
>>336778658
Am I missing somethign then? To play games I usually select a champ and hit player vs player and then hit play now. I then get put into a lobby while it searches for other players. Once the team is made it searches for opponents then game starts.
>>
>>336778885
This. We need no other opinion than this. It works both ways for Overwatch and BattleBorn and offends no one.
>>
>>336778756

It's pseudo-cel shading, you know what I mean anon.

Black outlines, comic-booky textures.

I mean, if you google cel shading a BL screenshot is the 5th result.
>>
>>336778658
>>336779214
Wait. I just realized you are probably not talking about paragon lol.
>>
>>336779214

The fuck? Are you playing on console? Maybe it works differently on console, that's not how it works on PC.
>>
>>336778983
The quote in-question was

"Malphite you are a fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are."

He was in the middle of making a video and asked Riot to unban him so he could finish and Riot told him to fuck off. So Dunkey straight up said I'm not making LoL videos anymore because this game is only good for trashtalk because the base game isn't fun.
>>
File: 1439059119056.png (6 KB, 351x338) Image search: [Google]
1439059119056.png
6 KB, 351x338
>>336779228
>and offends no one
I got a bad feeling about this...
>>
File: get.jpg (18 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
18 KB, 400x343
>>336779237
People conflate cel-shading with stylized visuals a lot. Borderlands has comic-style textures but not cel-shading. The key is that cel-shading is specifically about lighting and shadows. Rather than a smooth gradient from dark to light, lighting values are rounded to increments giving distinct borders to shaded areas.
>>
>>336778682
Tons of people talking like dipshit teenagers, including nearly every AI character in the game, is really fucking grating. That's by far the worst of it.
>>
>>336778919
All that stuff is unlocked in loot boxes so it will all be obtainable for free. Blizzard might let you buy loot boxes but it doesn't matter anyway though since you can get an unlimited amount of loot boxes for free just by playing.
>>
>>336758415
Having played both, I can confidently say they're both pretty much the same game. Battleborn focuses more on the MOBA aspect than the FPS aspect, but Overwatch focuses more on the FPS aspect than the MOBA aspect. It's really up to you to decide which you prefer more in a game that combines those aspects.
>>
>>336779774
Except until they introduce "limited edition" loot boxes that can only be opened through store-bought keys.
>>
>>336761139
I tried Paladins for a bit and the concept is actually pretty nice, you pick a hero and then have a card set loadout that you can make/choose to tweak how your hero plays.

You can also purchase items to be more powerful but you lose them on death so its a gamble spending too much on a full deck or just what you need.

The only map that I could play on the closed beta was this payload/capture point setup, but the entire game is first team to 9. A payload win is 3 and a capture is like 1 so you go back and forth before a team wins. The map was alright, it had lots of flanking points and the look of it reminded me of the PS2 era.

The beta is pretty much dead, not much going on right now despite how easy it is to get a key, but who knows what will happen when it releases. I'd say it's worth a shot if you're into hybrids.
>>
>>336780372
They might do that if it was F2P but it's not so they won't.
>>
>>336780546
>but it's not so they won't
You really do have too much faith in Blizzard.
>>
>>336758415
I hate MOBAs, so Overwatch. Literally the only element of the MOBA genre it even has is Heroes with abilities. None of that shit like minions, towers, item shop, etc.
>>
>>336780534
That was me fgt
>>
>>336779985

Are you sure you played both of them anon? Your descriptions manage to say absolutely nothing about either game, and yet still be wrong about both.

Overwatch is a straightforward team-based shooter ala TF2. It has no aspects of a MOBA. It is a very polished game with good performance, and is suitable to quench a minor thirst for FPS. However, it lacks variety and substance and becomes boring after extended play. It is a standard Blizzard game.

Battleborn is a straightforward FPS MOBA. It takes the FPS and combat elements from the Borderlands series, and places them in a fairly standard MOBA map with some modified elements to make it more suited to the perspective. It's unpolished, has poor performance, ugly graphics, and some questionable balance and design choices, so getting into the game is difficult. But, if you can get past it's flaws, the gameplay has a surprising amount of depth that makes extended play enjoyable. It is a standard Gearbox game.

The basic gameplay is similar between them, but the directions it was taken are in stark opposite. Those are the best descriptions I can give.
>>
>>336780534

As someone who considers Global Agenda my favorite game of all time, I consider Paladins to be fairly mediocre.

There were several points in the development when the game was moderately fun. The current build is not one of them.

Frankly, I think Hi-Rez is finished making good games. Instead of learning from their mistakes, they're clinging to their minor successes.

It's clear what they want to do with Paladins. It's also clear that they're not going to get there because of their own fears.

People love their games, but hate them for making bad decisions. All they have to do is make another good game the way they did before, and not make bad decisions.

What they are instead doing is basically turning Smite into an FPS Shooter because they're afraid to stray too far from something that worked for them.

So instead I'm playing Battleborn. It's not as good as Global Agenda was, but it's good enough for me.
>>
>>336779376
>literally says someone should be killed for their action in a video game
>get's banned
>justifies his action by saying the game is bad and is only fun for trash talking
>tho he has been playing it for years

wew lad
and this guy got millions of subs?
>>
File: L1uegzroo5_250.gif (2 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
L1uegzroo5_250.gif
2 MB, 245x160
>>336758415
>battleborn or overwatch

I already have the multiplayer front covered with Uncharted 4, so neither.
>>
what will be of Paragon and Lawbreakers?
>>
>>336782373
Paragon is a MOBA, Lawbreakers is an arena shooter.

So far neither looks good.
>>
>>336782445
>Paragon is a MOBA
well there goes my interest for that
>>
>>336758415
Tf2> Overwatch > Battleborn.
Just play Tf2 for free and don't waste your time.
>>
>>336783039
Tf2 is almost 10 years old dude. Meaning that everyone old enough to play it has played it already and is still playing it or has grown bored of it.

No need tell people to play it anymore.
>>
>>336779295
I'm playing on pc lol. If I solo play thats what happens. Maybe because Im playing on free weekend.
>>
>>336765307
>There were more people playing STARCRAFT 2 than there were people playing battleborn at launch
>STARCRAFT FUCKING 2, THE WORST GAME OF THE MOST NICHE GENRE THAT HAS HAD NO UPDATES OR PATCHES THIS ENTIRE YEAR
>MORE PLAYERS ONLINE THAN BATTLEBORN
>>
I played BB but since its made by Gearbox I'm gonna pass on it. I've been playing the Overwatch beta and its pretty fun. I don't know if I'll buy it when it comes out, but I will definitely consider it.
>>
>>336784249
Perfection
>>
>>336771996
>>Will be $60 and have DLC included
Fuck off retard there's no DLC in Overwatch and never will be.
>>
File: stillborn.png (71 KB, 664x320) Image search: [Google]
stillborn.png
71 KB, 664x320
Battleborn confirmed shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 328x396
Battleborn is the better videogame
Overwatch is the better porn generator
>>
File: 1462207028828.jpg (2 MB, 2560x3360) Image search: [Google]
1462207028828.jpg
2 MB, 2560x3360
>>
Battleborn got more depth and gameplay variety than Overwatch. The problem have been BBs horribles marketing and people not getting the game. The only comparable things to BB and OW have is that they are both FPS games with different heroes who got different abilities and mechanisms.

Infact the comparison sorta annoys me because there is alot more to do in a BB match than a OW match like killing minions, leveling up, destroying objectives and collecting gold for base or item upgrades, the characters in BB also feels alot more capable than the characters in OW, i can do fucking shit as mercy or reinhardt in OW if my teammates are bad, but in BB i can do some pretty sick plays usings the games mechanisms and the characters strenghts with montana and miko and snowball from there. Which i guess is because you get locked as a character in BB which means that they have to be good and capable. In OW you're just another gear with a very specific tool and cant really do shit against anyone who hard counters you.

And im kinda getting sick of not knowing when my opponent has ulti or not in OW, it makes the game feel really random and shit sometimes because you just dont know when people have their one shot abilities or not, specially after the first ultis goes off.
>>
>>336783039

I cannot stress this enough.

Battleborn is not the same type of game as TF2 or Overwatch.

Overteam is a standard LOW TTK shooter. There are a variety of ways to kill your enemies, or in the case of Overwatch groups of enemies, in one hit. The focus of matches in Overteam is killing enemies to get gain control of an objective.

Batlleborn is HIGH TTK. Which means you posses no ways in which to kill your enemies in one hit. Killing someone is a big fucking deal. It gives you experience for the kill, it gives your nearby teamates experience for the assist, and it takes that enemy out of an ongoing fight over pushing NPC minions into the enemy objective. Experience is important because leveling up gives you more helix talents and better shit.

The focus of a Battleborn match is fucking diverse.

>killing enemy minions and protecting them until they reach the objective
>collecting shards to build turrets, deployable stations, speed boosts that overshield your minions, summon bigger minions to apply more pressure, or to buy LOOT which buffs certain stats
>watching the second lane that your allies are fighting in to see if you need to rotate for a team fight, to help them escape a dunk, to help push their minions, or to help them build more shit
>watching for opportunities to engage in team fights with advantage
>being the first to get to the large shard repositories located in center areas of the map. This shit is important because not only are buildables keen for fucking winning the game, but they also give you XP. And an experience point advantage is very useful.
>fighting over mercenary camps which give experience and put minion pressure on your enemies.

And so on, in various configurations across the different game types. Those are the things that will win you matches. Killing people is fucking satisfying. When your team manages a double kill to clear out a lane, it's fucking beautiful. I'm out of space.
>>
>>336785234
This is so sad.
>>
>>336785234

THIS IS MAX UI SCALING, LOWEST FUCKING FOV, WHILE THE GUY IS MID-JUMP, AND A BETA BUILD OF THE HELIX AND ITEM UI YOU GODDAMN DONGERS

IT'S ALSO ON THE CHARACTER WITH THE BIGGEST GUN WHO IS ALMOST ALWAYS USING IRON SIGHTS
>>
>>336786056
Hi gearbox.
>>
Dirty Bomb.
>>>/vg/140910945
>>
>>336781341
it gets even more hilarious
people demand him to be unbanned because of all the things he did for the game
you know, those "exposure" bucks he gave them(aside the fact that it's the other way around, he built an audience by leeching of the game's fame)
>>
>>336786190

Dirty Bomb is everything I want from a team based FPS. Extremely high skill ceiling, fantastic gunplay, strongly rewards positioning and knowledge of the maps.

It also makes Battleborn look like a goddamn masterpiece in the QoL department by comparison. That game will never go out of beta. That game will never be balanced. That game will never be optimized. They will never fix those goddamn bugs, and Fletcher will be shitting on people until the end of time. There's nothing anyone can do about it.

After 500 hours it's just too painful to play it anymore. Too painful.
>>
>>336786056
go to bed, randy
>>
File: gigantic-logo.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gigantic-logo.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336758415
I haven't played either, but isn't Battleborn a moba? I watched a video of it and it seems strange to compare it to Overwatch when it looks more like Gigantic. I've come to understand that /v/ doesn't like that game though.
>>
>>336786056
It hasn't changed that much, has it?
>>
>>336787061

Gigantic is Windows 10 exclusive.

It doesn't matter how good it is, no one will play it.
>>
>>336787265
You'd be amazed how many people are on Win10 now, because of the automatic upgrade system.

My grandpa's 10 year old laptop got notified and is now on Win10, for chrissakes.
>>
>>336787265
People can just play it on Xbone. But you're right. Not one will care about it as long as it's only available on Windows 10, so I guess it's not strange that no one talks about it.
>>
Your comparing two different things

Your comparing a class based shooter to a first person League of Legends
>>
File: fps_evolution.jpg (78 KB, 250x447) Image search: [Google]
fps_evolution.jpg
78 KB, 250x447
>>336758415
>Which is better?
>>
>>336758415
Different genres

Better compare battleborn to paladins and overwatch to dirty bomb

That said i like battleborn a lot more, despite lacking the blizzard polish it has way more gameplay depth
>>
>>336768294
>blizzard
>sale
pick one
>>
>>336758415
Shit just makes me wonder how Battleborn would've actually performed had Overwatch not been its direct competitor.
>>
>>336788121
This
Overwatch feels like a shallow hybrid of TF2 and Dirty Bomb. Not nearly worth 60 bucks. 15 at the most. TF2 and Dirty Bomb are both better games and f2p.

Havent played Battleborn yet, but I've never been a fan of the borderlands games.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.