[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the first world war. This is what it looks like. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101
This is the first world war. This is what it looks like. This is what the new Battlefield should look like.

I just want people to understand how horrifying this war was and how fucking unsuitable it is for a modern FPS.
>>
>>336710896
k.
>>
File: machine gun.jpg (612 KB, 2800x2213) Image search: [Google]
machine gun.jpg
612 KB, 2800x2213
>>336710896
It's based around an American protagonist. Effectively, that means it covers the last 12 minutes of the war.
>>
I think if any time was best to make a AAA shooter based on WW1 it's a hundred years after it actually happened.

1. People might bother to learn what the war was like
2. The people actually involved are all mostly dead, so we don't have to feel bad about making light of the horrors they took part in.
>>
Two of my great uncles were in the first world war.

They were both ambulance drivers, and neither realised the other was there. They drove past each other once during one of the major battles, and that was when they found out. They both died of typhoid in 1918, just before the end of the war.

It's not a war for making a videogame about.
>>
File: 1433541243106.jpg (660 KB, 1094x576) Image search: [Google]
1433541243106.jpg
660 KB, 1094x576
>no arty spam sundering the earth
>no fuckhueg attacks on trenches
>it's just modern style warfare with a ww1 skin
So what will the player count be, 32 max?
>>
>>336711906
>Two of my great uncles were in the first world war.

Then you must be very, very old.
>>
>>336712021

On consoles, problably.

On PC it might be upped to 64 like their previous titles.

>>336711471

>It's based around an American protagonist

I most certainly hope not. If anything it should be German, French, Austrian, British or Russian. Fuck, even Ottoman, just anyone but not American.
>>
>>336711906
>It's not a war for making a videogame about.

A war that ended 98 years ago "isn't a war for making a videogame about" because your great uncles died of typhus.

But every other war in human history is fine.

How the fuck old are you anyway if your grampappy's brothers were both dead in 1918?
>>
>>336712208
Great, great uncles then. My mother's mother's uncles.
>>
File: ww1 germans.jpg (880 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
ww1 germans.jpg
880 KB, 1600x1060
>>336712243
>I most certainly hope not.

It's got an American nigger protagonist. Which is kind of ironic because the Americans put all their nigger forces under French command for the two weeks that America was actually in the war.
>>
Every war is horrible and every war is unsuitable for FPS you fucking mongrel
>>
>>336712243
Don't forget Canadians, and Indians, and Algerians, and the various other colonies.

Anyone except from Americans, who did absolutely EVERYTHING they could to avoid the war for as long as physically possible and only turned up when it was already won.
>>
>>336712381
The story changes. But it's okay, anonymous. I believe you.
>>
>VIDEO GAMES NEED TO BE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY REALISTIC!!!!!

Hahaha, get over yourself you huge manchildren.
>>
>>336712549

There were plenty of niggers fighting in WW1. And arabs, and indians.
>>
>Sulfur mustard
>>
>>336712723
That's my point. Everyone was there. Apart from the Americans.
>>
>>336710896
>there will never be a full-on war strategy game with generals on each side overseeing the battle, artillery squads, air support, anti-air, infantry, naval support (when applicable), reconnaisance, etc...
It really could be the best strategy game of all time and the biggest-scaled team game ever.
>>
>>336712774

Misquoted, I read too quickly.
>>
File: 1399883109662.jpg (51 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1399883109662.jpg
51 KB, 499x499
>Being upset that America is the most relevant country in the world

The only logical thing to do would be to complain on an American imageboard
>>
>>336712243
>Tfw you will never play the Italian front

Feels bad man. My grandmother and mother come from the region that the Italian front was fought in (Friuli) and my great great grandfather was a Bersaglieri in the war as well.
>>
>>336712891
We'll never get that. Games need to feed the ego of every babby by letting them get cheap kills for doing nothing. See overwatch.
>>
File: american military history.jpg (899 KB, 1237x3696) Image search: [Google]
american military history.jpg
899 KB, 1237x3696
>>336712972
When the first American troops arrived, they had outdated rifles and no artillery. The French had to provide both. Then the Americans refused to cooperate with the other Allies and insisted on getting an entire front to themselves. When they finally consented to work with the Canadians in mid-1918, the Americans refused to use creeping bombardments and just charged machine gun nests. When that failed, they promptly began shelling the Canadian trenches.

Truly, American involvement in the First World War was a fucking joke. The only outcome they had on the war was the vague threat that maybe one day, possibly five or six years after entering the war, they might field enough manpower to win a war of attrition.

And this image board is owned by a Jap.
>>
>all these europoors

If the 3rd Infantry Division weren't at the Marne you fucks would be speaking German.

Fuck outta here with your shit.
>>
File: 1445623655118.jpg (63 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1445623655118.jpg
63 KB, 960x720
>>336712891
>There will never be a WW1 game where you sit in a trench and pray not to gen blown up, gassed, or raided
>>
>>336712891
Play To End All Wars by Ageod.
>>
File: download.jpg (29 KB, 450x341) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
29 KB, 450x341
This is the Iraq war. This is what it looks like. This is what Battlefield should look like.

I just want people to understand how horrifying war is and how fucking unsuitable it is for a modern FPS.
>>
>>336712992
The Italians were worse in the first war than the second. They fought over the same river TWELVE TIMES.

TWELVE TIMES.

And they still never captured it.
>>
>>336713093

>using Americans as replacements in British and French units
>cooperating

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>336712630
The only thing that games shares with WWI is its timeline.
>>
Why did they make a battlefield in WW1 instead of a napoleonic wars one? You get to stand around in formation and shoot four times a minute, then maybe you get to charge with bayonets if your officer thinks you're winning.
This is more or less how retarded a WW1 shooter would be, but with way more boring uniforms.
>>
>>336713071
Yeah.
I think people would really enjoy it if devs gave it a chance, though.
Instead of an action-hero infantryman, you'd be an important part of a larger team.
>>
OP thinks modern warfare is fun and games
>>
>>336710896
It''s no more less suitable than WW2.
>>
Red Orchestra and Rising Storm did a good job of showing it the way it was within reason for an entertainment product. People die they scream, explosions are loud. Nobody has the moral high ground and there are no hero's. WW1 is the template for this, just a load of men sent off to die for fuck all.
>>
>>336712501
>It's got an American nigger protagonist
No it doesn't. That art is for preorder dlc that lets you be a harlem hellfighter in multiplayer
>>
>>336713223
Looks alright 2bh
>>
>>336713093
Because American generals didn't want their men getting slaughtered under the leadership of British or French generals. Neither side had acceptable tactics, it's why WW1 was so horrendous in it's causalities.

American involvement in WW1 was a joke because Eurokeks started a war over worthless alliances and brain dead nationalism.

But then again you're using the internet, on an american imageboard; to shitpost about Americans. Well done.
>>
>>336713093
>american military history as written by a butthurt euro fagboy

Keep sucking Muslim cock you chickenshit faggot
>>
File: educate you.jpg (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
educate you.jpg
123 KB, 500x500
>>336713127
>If the 3rd Infantry Division weren't at the Marne you fucks would be speaking German.

The USA: 24th in education and showing it.

The army that broke the Germans in 1918, the army that won the war, was the British. If you know anything - literally anything - about that war, you would know that.

>>336713250
You are a profoundly stupid person and a perfect example of why everyone laughs at Americans. The British, Belgian, French and even Italians cooperated by placing divisions from each other's armies within corps structures under the command of other forces while establishing joint allied command structures.

The Americans refused. The Americans said they would not place any American forces under the command of non-American officers. The Americans said they would not accept any joint commands. They demanded an entire stretch of the front just for themselves, even thoguh they had neither the training nor the weapons nor the competence to hold it without British and French support and oversight.
>>
>>336713236
Yes.

And that's exactly why I want to play the brutal Italian front. Because no one pays attention to Italian war efforts.
>>
>>336713223
That looks pretty much like Battlefield.
>>
>>336712737
My great great grandfather was in the war. He loved it.
>>
I think all the people bitching about how the game should have no Americans here have to understand something.

Trench knives. You want trench knives? Then you need the Americans in there somewhere
>>
>>336713393
It really is. It was prior to mechanised warfare and 90% of the war was a gridlock, it was only during the first and last moments that there were actual moving battlegrounds.
>>
>>336713093

Boy your attitude is going to change when we stop funding your militaries and the Russians start poking around
>>
instead you get this
>>
>>336710896
Hey i was sceptical of Battlefield 1 being WW1 but it looks like it will be good. If you want a historical WW1 game play Verdun.

It's only like choosing between Red Orchestra or Call of Duty 2 back in the day, why not enjoy both? Same setting, different games.
>>
>>336713642
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trench_knife
>>
>>336713613
Yeah. That, and the crazy shit the Austro Hungarians were up to would be interesting to explore.
>>
>>336713393
I guess it could be said it was more barbaric, outside of the Holocaust and Unit 731.
The combat in WW1 was incredibly brutal. Chemical weapons, flamethrowers, disease, close-combat trench weapons.
Poor sanitation and a lack of understanding of disease treatment, which led to many deaths on its own...
It was a really bad war.
>>
>>336713749
MUH HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS
MUH ~200 DAYS OF FIGHTS
MUH DEEP STORY
>>
Please tell me it doesnt really have an American protag?

They didn't confirm that did they?
>>
File: 1443889475287.png (95 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1443889475287.png
95 KB, 299x288
>>336710896
Sorry dude. Not gonna happen. It was chosen topic by the developers.

Besides... This game will not be about "war" it will be about "SHOOTING AND MUH SKILLS NOSCOPE 360".

Thanks to fucking God that 9/10 of players don't know what war is in the real meaning of this word.
>>
>>336713535
>Because American generals didn't want their men getting slaughtered under the leadership of British or French generals.

No, because Americans refused to accept any advice or oversight from non-Americans. It was the same know-it-all attitude that led Americans to refuse to use the convoy system because it was "too British".

>But then again you're using the internet,

Invented by Sir Timothy Berners-Lee. Or perhaps you mean DARPANET, invented by the Peter Kirstein, a British scientist?

>on an american imageboard;

A Japanese image board, actually, unless Hiro got US citizenship and I didn't hear about it.

>to shitpost about Americans.

Posting accurate information isn't shitposting.

>Well done.

Why so salty? Are you butthurt that reality has an anti-American bias?
>>
>>336713882
They confirmed there are multiple protags from multiple countries
>>
>>336713805
There are no 'good' wars, every war has bad parts and Battlefield has always been a series to ignore the bad parts for the parts that were interesting.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 630x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 630x230
>>336713642
Fine, then let me rephrase that: if you want the actual cool looking trench knives, you need the Americans.
>>
>>336713093
Yikes somebody is pretty butthurt.
>>
>>336713071
Red orchestra is sort of like that and the job of a rifleman is basically to die on points while other people have fun.

It's more of a ptsd simulator than a shooter.
>>
>>336713613
>italians
>effort
>>
>>336713669
Russia is pathetically weak and you don't fund my country's military, Paco.

Now fuck off and die young from easily preventable diseases. It's what your people are best at. Well, that and electing niggers.
>>
>>336713604
>the army that won the war, was the British.

You mean they won by letting hundreds of thousands of Commonwealth soldiers die to accomplish nothing? The French took much greater causalities than the Brits.

You want to see tip top British military planning. Look at the Somme, you managed to exterminate an entire generation of men in less than 6 months.
>>
>>336713945

Hmm okay, any Brits or Frenchies?
>>
>>336713786
Mhm. There were problems on both sides. The Italian command was terrible, but the soldiers were exceedingly brave while the Austrians were behind in technology. The only country that was worse was the Ottoman Empire, and they got their shit kicked in by Italy in Libya.
>>
>>336713613

>Italians
>Effort

Pick one
>>
>>336714025
>cool looking
Am I supposed to scare Fritz off with how pretty it is, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>336713937
And you're using a computer, running on transistors that were invented by American scientists.
Also, 4chan was created by an American.
>>
>>336713645
>gridlock
That doesn't mean there wasn't conflict you fucking mong. There was plenty of fucking 'action' to make a game about. If they include a commander and terrain deformation it could be pretty good.
>>
>>336713783
My bad, anon, this was meant for you >>336714025
>>
How do you think this is gonna go down? If it happens. This will always be my favorite moment in all of history
>>
Every war is horrifying and unsuited for FPS, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>336714145
>terrain deformation
Didn't know I wanted this until now
>>
File: 1421109973796.jpg (13 KB, 220x225) Image search: [Google]
1421109973796.jpg
13 KB, 220x225
>you are now imagining the European utopia that would have existed after a German victory if America had not gotten involved.
>>
>>336713173
you mean Verdun?
>>
>>336711906
They shouldn't be making video games about any war. There's nothing about WW1 that makes it immune to commoditization.
>>
>>336713937
>The British invented everything meme

What is powering the computer you're using? Oh that is right AC/DC current was invented by an American and American immigrant. Stay mad Anglokek.
>>
>>336714327
The German Empire at Kaiser Wilhelm's time were a bunch of fucking pussies, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>336711906
my causin was in the iraq war

he was driving an icecream truck and was driving alot and stuff, it was pretty hot there and people like icecream. eventually he got bitten by a camel and died

this is not a war to make a videogame about
>>
There are stories about artillery barrages which would actually wipe out entire forests.

One soldier tells the story of so much artillery being fired that trees would be blasted into the air and would keep getting blasted up, from the sheer amount of shells landing. They said it sounded like ocean waves, the sound was so constant.

That's the shit I want to see.
>>
>>336713093
>European troops were super impressed with those outdated rifles
>The idea of America joining the war scared Germany so much they tried to get Mexico to go to war with the US

I'm not saying America did much, because other than giving supplies they really didn't, but you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>336713604

Wow Douglas Haig, I didn't know you were still alive

Being a dumb cunt as usual I see
>>
>>336714247
how do you go back to mowing down people with a machinegun after this
>>
>Europeans lecturing anyone over a war that happened for no good reason
You guys had the fucking worst tactics and just wasted lives
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 503x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 503x339
>>336714134
Oh, what, this is cooler, anon? This gardening tool? Really?
>>
>>336714327
Germany would've lost the War without US involvement either way. The US just got in to jew everybody out of their money in the post-war period.
>>
>>336714396
>AC/DC current
You're a smart one aren't you.
>>
I just got back from the world premier event at EA headquarters. Artillery strikes are in. So is player controlled naval bombardment. The content they showed focused around the Alps, Arabian deserts, and french plains. There was exclusive in game footage that showed bi-plane bombing runs and artillery strikes in game and it looks as visceral as you would expect.

Mounted horse combat and an improved melee fighting system are also going to be coming along with more fluid environment action (busting down doors/vaulting/et cetera).
>>
>>336714396
AC was invented by a European (Tesla), DC by an American (Edison).
AC is more often used, now.
>>
>>336714506
Shitty leadership. Also most of the people who were part of that were dead after not too long, and were replaced by new soldiers who were specifically trained not to allow something like that to happen again.
>>
File: exaliftin.png (372 KB, 3335x3335) Image search: [Google]
exaliftin.png
372 KB, 3335x3335
>>336714247
>tfw if you play online on Christmas than this happens
>>
File: WW1 according to Sweden.jpg (826 KB, 2048x1255) Image search: [Google]
WW1 according to Sweden.jpg
826 KB, 2048x1255
>>
>>336714114
>>336714045

Command is one thing, soldiers are another.
>>
>>336714562
Germany was skullfucking everyone until the USA came in.
>>
File: arditiskull.jpg (32 KB, 530x471) Image search: [Google]
arditiskull.jpg
32 KB, 530x471
>>336713613
>>336714045
>>336714114
I wouldn't mind playing as some italian shock trooper in the mountains

>Others argue that the so-called "Companies of death", special patrols of infantry and engineers engaged in cutting or blasting enemy barbed wire, should be considered as precursors of the Arditi. They were easily recognizable by their use of armor and "Farina" helmets.[2] The use of explosives in that role resulted in entirely unnecessary sacrifices of the members of these units.

>The task of Arditi units was not to clear the way for regular infantry to attack enemy lines, but to completely overrun enemy positions. The most daring volunteers were chosen, particularly those who were not bothered by loud incoming artillery fire close by. The men also studied fencing and were masters of hand-to-hand combat. Once ready, they were sent to the front armed with a dagger and hand grenades.[citation needed] Most did not carry rifles or carbines because they would be cumbersome to fire in the confined spaces of a trench. The Arditi approached enemy trenches while they were being shelled by Italian artillery. Just as the barrage was lifted they would jump inside the trench while the enemy was huddling down, and use their daggers at close quarters to suppress enemy resistance. These primitive tactics were surprisingly effective. Arditi had to hold the positions they conquered for 24 hours and then would be replaced by the regular infantry. Arditi might lose 25% to 30% of their numbers during such an attack. Their motto was O la vittoria, o tutti accoppati meaning "We either win, or we all die".
>>
File: 1458794410795.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1458794410795.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>336714581
Did you lose your mind when someone says ATM machine?
>>
>>336714449
Dude, you are a fucking insensitiveasshole, do you reall think that downsizing the plight of the brave man and women that brings us delicious ice threats is ok? Do you think it is ok????
>>
>>336713415
>>It's got an American nigger protagonist
>No it doesn't. That art is for preorder dlc that lets you be a harlem hellfighter in multiplayer

no way bro, dat sounds rayciss
>>
>>336712243
>Fuck, even Ottoman

I actually seriously want this now. It'd be such a weird and novel perspective.
>>
>BF1

Alt-history WW1 is fresh but really

>BF1

How autistic are these swedes? It's been fourteen years since the first Battlefield game.
>>
>>336714247
i would play it to participate on this. Then one shithead will mow everyone down
>>
File: 13372944615862.jpg (18 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
13372944615862.jpg
18 KB, 330x330
>>336714610
>bi-plane bombing runs
>>
>>336714442

and yet they very nearly won the continental war.

adolf hitler was a genocidal madman and should have died in the trenches of the first great war.
>>
File: algerian fatma kbayle berber.jpg (186 KB, 1280x635) Image search: [Google]
algerian fatma kbayle berber.jpg
186 KB, 1280x635
>>336713749
they did exist you know
>>
>>336714668
Lmao, I can't believe you people are THIS BUTTHURT over an actual division that fought in WWI.
>>
>>336714136
Based on a japanese website with downright code copying, having many boards destined to japanese culture. Yeah, god bless this american website. A round of clapping please.
>>
>>336711906
My great-grandfather was on one of the battleships that charged the Dardanelles straits at the start of the Battle of Gallilopoli. He apparently beat a senior officer for sending them towards the Turkish minefield and was disciplined for it. Another relative was stationed in Gallipoli in the Second World War as a tank engineer I believe.

Relatives thread?
>>
>>336714731
You're going to get to do that. The italian alps footage was probably the best part of the presentation I saw.
>>
>>336714539

>judging early WWI tactics with 100 years of military advancement hindsight

No one knew what the fuck to do in WWI because no one had tried to have millions of people fight each other simultaneously.
>>
File: 1462057740803.jpg (328 KB, 1380x775) Image search: [Google]
1462057740803.jpg
328 KB, 1380x775
>>336714553
Whether it's cool doesn't matter you fucking retard, it's supposed to jab fritz in the limbs or the chest if he gets cocky and comes too close to be shot at, not look cool.
>>
>>336710896
All war is horrifying shithead, and yet they have games about them that don't accurately reflect that.
>>
>>336714757
>I just pretended to be retarded
>>
desu I find it a bit insulting that an american company makes money on the death, misery and desolation that WW1 brought
>>
>>336711471
>>336712243
>>336712501
>>336712549
Its confirmed for multiple-front, multiple-characters
>>
>>336714828
>drop 2 tiny ass bombs 1/5th the effectiveness of the artillery
>get shot in the legs 20 times as bullets whip through your canvass planes
>bleed out as you fly 200 miles back to the strip

whats not to like
>>
>>336713381
Couldn't they just make the game about a Sharpe-like hero going around skirmishing, reloading as fast as he can, and just punching and beating people over the head with the gun when he's not reloaded?
>>
>>336715020
DICE is swedish
>>
>>336712243
It's been 64 players for consoles fpr the last 3 battlefield games you bloody autist.
>>
>>336710896
Being a soldier is more or less sitting around being bored 80% of the time until you get into a firefight with enemies you can't even see.

Thankfully most video games don't realistically depict war.

t. US army
>>
>>336714726
Germany was fighting a two-front war and their supply lines were running thin. They made the terrible 'muh honorabru' decision of letting English soldiers in France retreat and, as I said, the US just came in to have a presence after the war.
>>
>>336712891
There was one like that
It was called 'Savage'

The second game killed the series.
>>
>>336714881
Factually speaking, it was made by an American, regardless of how you want to put it.
You could say America stole their ideas of government from ancient Greece and Rome if you wanted, too, or that Japan stole its modern economic system (post-WW2) from America
>>
>>336713236

Imagine a whole game based around defending that river.
>>
>>336715087
but EA is american
>>
>>336714646
That sucks. As I said, the Christmas Truce is my favorite part of history. I love the idea that if you play on Christmas, you can't fight other people online and you just have to chat with them or play a game with them that's not killing each other. It obviously won't happen, but lemme dream.
>>
>>336714949
This is a video game you brain dead autistic retard, of course how it looks is all that matters.
>>
>>336710896
Shut up, the Western Front wasn't the only campaign.
>>
File: Yup, he's the protag.jpg (224 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
Yup, he's the protag.jpg
224 KB, 1500x844
>>
File: 1445124554300.jpg (21 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
1445124554300.jpg
21 KB, 640x619
>NO INDIANS
INDIANS FOUGHT MORE IN THE WAR THAN FUCKING BLACKS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>336714798
>How autistic are these swedes? It's been fourteen years since the first Battlefield game.
There was never an official battlefield 1 because their first game was 1942. They're taking the 1 for this iteration because it's a return to the team based gameplay dynamics that made 42, Vietnam, and 2 so popular. They stressed heavily that going off on your own isn't going to be the most viable play style.

>>336714828
>>336715061
There were 6-8 bombs on the planes in the footage I saw and they confirmed that there are two types of planes associated with the DEDICATED Pilot class. Scout planes which serve as aerial dogfighters, and bombers as described.

You will have the ability to have a player controlled tailgunner to cover your ass while you're making runs.
>>
>>336712992

They literally said they had stuff in the Italian Front. Massive fortresses on the nearly vertical fighting of the alps.
>>
>>336713749
I thought that was supposed to be lawrence of arabia.
>>
>>336715243
>messenger pigeon DLC

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>336714989
>Can't argue the original point made
>Just attack the written English instead

Stay mad Anglokek. Your country wasted an entire generation of men over nothing. Then managed to start another war 21 years later.
>>
>>336713604

>The army that broke the Germans in 1918, the army that won the war, was the British.
And her colonies. Which Britain loves to ignore.
>>
>>336713223
New battlefield should be 15 missions of doing fucking nothing but trying to find ways to not die of heatstroke, and then one mission of someone way off in a building too far away to even see shoots a couple of rounds in your general direction.

Then at the end of that mission, the entire building is blown to dust by air support.
>>
File: happy.jpg (3 KB, 120x125) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
3 KB, 120x125
>>336714931

that is no fucking excuse to march men into machine gun or artillery fire.

like holy shit what did you think was going to happen? it wasn't like they tried it once or twice or even five times. they tried it OVER AND OVER AND FUCKING OVER AGAIN.
>>
>>336712501
The uniform is British pal
>>
>>336710896
I don't think Dice cares

I think all Dice cares about is trying to produce propaganda for children to play and start thinking WW1 was fought by good, courageous Arabs and blacks against evil whitey who deserved to be gassed
>>
>alpine theater
That could be good. But it's Battlefield, so I'm fucking betting the A-H army will all be ultra evil Austrians, because for Americucks diversity means niggers and females only.
>>
>>336713749
I thought it's a man
>>
>>336715243

>exclusive propaganda

How telling
>>
>>336710896
it's an alt history of ww1 isn't it?
>>
>>336714731
>Their motto was O la vittoria, o tutti accoppati meaning "We either win, or we all die".

Damn, that's hardcore.
>>
File: 1455367045839.jpg (105 KB, 840x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455367045839.jpg
105 KB, 840x1024
>all those things about how ww1 was horrible
>meanwhile my great grandfather always told me how it was the best time of his life, how he became a hero when he captured an austrian officer by throwing a beartrap at him, and he loved to show his scarred belly with bits of shrapnel still inside
>>
File: arditialps.jpg (122 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
arditialps.jpg
122 KB, 1024x679
>>336714919
>alps footage

now I'm wet anon

time for some fucking mountain warfare
>>
There was still interesting battles that took place in WW1 even so.
I also think many people understand that the things you do in video games based on historical wars are embellished for excitement / fun.
>>
>>336715243
Wasn't there one black soldier on the front that fucked up the germans in physical combat? What was his name?
>>
File: 1452975434409.png (17 KB, 585x487) Image search: [Google]
1452975434409.png
17 KB, 585x487
>>336715324
Awwww yeah.
>>
>>336715171
Yeah, by your logic, you're one of those people that defend america invented "freedom" too. Fuck off, you know you're wrong. The only "american" thing this website has is having english as it language, and even that is british by origin.
>>
>>336714247
>tfw playing football with the huns on Christmas
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>336714247
>>336714506
This >>336714646

One has to understand that disobeying a higher rank would have been considered a serious offense. May have been that the leaders there in those moments may have objected but theres someone above him forcing himto go on, forcing himto force his men to slaughter the men he realized were not brutes, but were human as he.

I dont think i could have the guts to do it. Like fuck, this is what kills a guy mentally

>>336714668
Nothing wrong with celebrating christmas during war, anon
>>
>>336715243
I want to throw up
>>
>>336715361
you realize that stopped relatively quickly in terms of doctrine, right? by 1916 the infantry tactics resembled WW2 more than pre-war.
>>
File: angryfeel.jpg (12 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
angryfeel.jpg
12 KB, 250x300
>>336715243

ok i'm really confused why in a war when millions of white europeans died we are focusing on a black american.

i literally don't even
>>
>>336715459
>listening to some delusional old retard
>>
>>336713093
This
America has never done anything right

Only glorious Poland can display military might and victory.
Don't forget us
>>
>>336710896
>I just want people to understand how horrifying this war was and how fucking unsuitable it is for a modern FPS.

Do you still have PTSD from your tiem there?
>>
File: 1462314562178.png (547 KB, 596x678) Image search: [Google]
1462314562178.png
547 KB, 596x678
>germans will be shown as da evil nazis because americans won't be able to differentiate between the two world wars and the anglo public in general still pushes the fault on germany despite many contemporary historians arguing against this
>>
>>336715489
Smash-it-sam
>>
>>336715353
You talk about Gallipoli or any Commonwealth nation during the wars and Brits lose their memory.
>>
File: 41MXKYJX1EL.jpg (26 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
41MXKYJX1EL.jpg
26 KB, 311x475
>>336715459

Guten tag, Herr Junger.
>>
>>336715531
WE WUZ VICTORS N SHEET
>>
>>336715465
It's sunny alps but they have all of the fortifications and foot paths that lead to the kind of versatility you'd want in a firefight there.
>>
>>336713786
Austria-Hungary had a 90% casualty rate. I just find that crazy. Also after the war they got broken up into a bunch of little nationalities including Poland so maybe they'll do something with that
>>
>>336714327
Nah, the German revolution would've happened either way.
>>
>>336715361
>that is no fucking excuse to march men into machine gun or artillery fire.

It took a year for French officers to stop sending cavalry into German artillery because the only one with any tactical brain, Pétain, was ignored until Verdun and then was sacked for no reason.
>>
>>336713749
Will she be BLACKED
>>
>>336715529

'relatively quickly' by what measure?

tens of thousands of men were sacrificed this way.

not a few platoons or a couple of companies.

tens. of. thousands.
>>
Fucking Liberals blackwashing white history
>>
>>336715531
Because white guilt fags will buy it from white developers. Happy?
>>
>>336715243
WE
>>
>>336715442
yes, but presented as reality
>>
File: That shit makes me loyal.jpg (70 KB, 656x678) Image search: [Google]
That shit makes me loyal.jpg
70 KB, 656x678
>It's another "Germany totally wasn't raping us until America got involved" thread
>>
>>336715442
They should use the alt history where World War 1 was fought with Vertical Tanks.
>>
>>336715497
I literally just said America didn't incent freedom. Can you even read?
What I'm saying is that virtually everything is derivative.
But, if you want to speak from a legal perspective, Americans have more protected rights than citizens of many other first-world nations.
>>
>>336715531
>The Harlem Hellfighters were an African-American infantry unit in WWI who spent more time in combat than any other American unit.

Don't pretend like you give a shit about the europeans that died, you just don't want a black man on the cover.
>>
>>336714851
She's from the Algerian resistance to french conquest.

the mid 1800s. When women are fighting, that means your existence is threatened.

Guess what she did? Gave speeches. She was mostly a cheerleader.
>>
>>336715531
There's multiple protagonists, but if you're wondering why the american character is black, it's because the 369th Infantry Regiment saw more combat than any other American unit. The "hellfighters" tagline strongly suggests that the black dude is from said regiment, which was entirely black.
>>
>>336714881
>with downright code copying

That's not true. Shii didn't copy any code.
>>
>>336715537
What you mean we never did anything right? We stayed out of Europes stupid War that killed millions only to set up for WWII and fucking Sykes-Picot
>>
File: guess who lost the wars.png (478 KB, 1934x632) Image search: [Google]
guess who lost the wars.png
478 KB, 1934x632
>>336714442
The evil german had to die for the anglo to rise...
>>
File: bAg4vf9.jpg (63 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
bAg4vf9.jpg
63 KB, 500x368
>>336710896
No this is what the 1st world war looked like
>>
>>336714327

No they would have just shifted the revanche-irredentism from the Germans to the French. It would have been the French who harbored far right and blamed the perfidious Jew, shifted from being the western liberal democracy idol of the world to a far right thing.

>>336715243

He is one of the protags. They said they would be focusing on a few different characters and seeing how their story/fates unfold.

>>336714851

The Berber Prophetess of the 7th century you mean, Kahina?

And the Berbers were always more egalitarian towards women than the Arabs. The last time you had arab female warriors was in the time of MUhammad and a bit afterwards.
>>
>>336715361
>Use antiquated military tactics that people have been using for thousands years
>machines guns were a relatively recent invention
>as a result thousands died while trying to cross no mans land
Nobody understood the effects of machine guns anon and the British made a huge mistake by relying solely on artillery fire to weaken German defenses.
>>
File: 1461388039990.jpg (31 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
1461388039990.jpg
31 KB, 270x360
>Euros get themselves in the most retarded war of all time with massive casualties on all sides
>Get mad at the Americans for not showing up to throw their men into the grinder sooner
>>
>>336715697
White guilt fags don't play video games
>>
>>336715626
>Austria-Hungary
>broken up into
>Poland

Anon...
>>
>>336715420
man with pretty pink lips like hers?

Also, I've never seen men where that henna tattoo shit.
>>
File: 1462240450917.jpg (524 KB, 2791x1696) Image search: [Google]
1462240450917.jpg
524 KB, 2791x1696
>the first British engagement of the war pre-Mons was a skirmish fought on horseback with sabres
>within three years it was fought with artillery, bombers and tanks

WWI was fucking crazy. There's a lot of potential there for a game.

Personally I hope this game does well so they can start doing more 20th century weird wars, especially ones where Americans weren't directly involved.
>>
>>336715524
>>336715430
>>336715531
>>336715698
muh racism. so edgy
>>
>>336715558

The First World War was Germany's fault though. I personally don't think they intended for full out war however, seeing as France+Russia teaming up would be an inevitability leading to a war on two fronts. Not to mention Britain.
>>
>>336715734
wow, they spent 12 minutes in combat vs every other American fighting for 10

this game shouldn't have any Americans in it, it should all be about Europeans, you know, the actual people who died in the war
>>
>>336714893
One of my relatives in the second world war got out of the war on medical and went back home to be a policeman, then beat the shit out of a load of commies.

I really don't have any good stories.
>>
>>336715819
>an Anon who knows about Kahina

impressed.jpg
>>
>>336715243
>get drafted into war for your country, which treats you as a second-class citizen.
>fight in the most brutal, vicious war in history. get more action than any other american unit and suffer devastating casualties.
>go home after braving the horrors of war, then get treated like dogshit by the people you made untold sacrifices for.

this is the kind of depressing story we need DICE
>>
>>336711906
Oh boo fucking hoo

Anyone can make this claim about ANY war, you delusion fucking moron.
>>
>>
>>336715529

>relatively quickly
>4 years

You're really desperate
>>
>>336715909
How the fuck is that statement racist?
>>
>World War 1
And there's a 95% chance that at least half the maps will be Americans vs whoever.
>>
>Remember, no Armenian
>>
>>336715558
This

This will be the worst part of it.

IMO a World War 1 game should focus on the political strife happening in Germany at the time. With the player as a German spy watching his own country fall apart at the sidelines.

At the end of the game, he's stranded in Britain when Hitler rises to power, and all his old handlers are promptly executed.
>>
>>336715819
>He is one of the protags
Well duh. It's a given that they're doing more than one.
>>
>>336715819
>The last time you had arab female warriors was in the time of MUhammad and a bit afterwards.
I seriously don't get what happened here. There were a lot of Arab battlefield heroines in and around Mo's lifetime, and then almost nothing after that.
>>
>>336715668
Sure, 2 years is a long time, but in doctrinal terms it's a pretty short time frame to completely change from 19th century tactics to proto-modern infantry tactics. In general, the first and second halves of the war were completely different styles of battle, which is pretty crazy for a 4 year war.
>>
>>336715529
By early 1918, not 1916. The Battle of the fucking Somme was in 1916, you know, the famous one where British soldiers were ordered to walk towards the German trenches and lost tens of thousands in a single day?
>>
>>336715909
muh disrespect. so edgy
>>
File: 1455400765011.png (78 KB, 321x185) Image search: [Google]
1455400765011.png
78 KB, 321x185
>>336710896
>muh trigger ptsd from world war 1
>>
>>336715939
Did Americans fight in the war? Yes, of course they did. They already said the stories are going to be intertwined. It makes sense to market it right now with a little piece of history very few people know about in the American market.
>>
>>336715939
You're right, and I'm American. I want to play as ANZAC troops in Gallipoli
>>
I guess a couple black Americans are worth focusing the game on over all those evil white men
>>
>Write a tweet about trench foot!
I know it was fake, but I feel as though it's partially relevant to this conversation
>>
>>336715547
No he's right. The war was all about attrition and trench warfare, there's nothing interesting from the perspective of an FPS.

The multiplayer is going to be all about psuedo tactical shit like the previous battlefield games and it's basically just going to be World War 2 with older guns.
>>
>>336715129
The USA damaged the German war effort immensely by being a bunch of war criminal faggots smuggling war supplies on passenger ships to bait a German reaction while falsely accusing them of not keeping of the naval warfare act which was factually broken more often by the Brits than Germany. By doing this they exploited only international law to defeat Germany on the sea and thereby blocking Germany from food imports. Fucking brits are so fucking pussy even with a bigger fleet than Germany they had to rely on this dirty shit and the American president was a fucking jew who was hot to join in on the action by tricking the American public.
>>
3/4ths of the game should be a thrilling economical/political simulator where you give money to the Allies.
>>
>>336716032
It was 2 years before tactics had completely turned around, and I challenge you to find a conflict that had such a complete revolution in infantry tactics shorter than WW1. I'm going to give you a hint: you can't.
>>
>>336715626
>Austria-Hungary
>Also after the war they got broken up into a bunch of little nationalities including Poland
american education...
>>
>>336712630
>manchildren

Most of the faggots in this thread are kids.
>>
File: Q_004256GermanDeadGuillemont.jpg (130 KB, 800x592) Image search: [Google]
Q_004256GermanDeadGuillemont.jpg
130 KB, 800x592
>>
>>336715939

>320,518 casualties in the span of 6-7 months

try harder faggot
>>
Haha, Euros and their barbaric wars
>>
File: 1460752738583.jpg (39 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
1460752738583.jpg
39 KB, 480x272
>>336715906
>those nipples on that guy
I WANT TO COMMIT A CRIME
and suck on them as he reloads the cannon
>>
>>336715243
What I want to know is why he has a German pistol?
>>
>>336716092
Will we get to play a single player mission of Ottomen stopping Britain's Bosphorous offensive?
>>
>>336713749

"we found that a tiny number of women had a minor involvement at one point so it's totally valid for us to make her an important character"

This shit is annoying as fuck.

The last Assassins Creed, they knew of one victorian gang of girls, this for some reason made it justified in a large number of enemies being women.

A small number English nobles had black manservants in the 1500's as a way of showing therefore it's completely justified having a black character without everyone he meets going "holy shit, you're a heathen moor"
>>
>>336716191
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
File: 4152.jpg (150 KB, 425x561) Image search: [Google]
4152.jpg
150 KB, 425x561
>yfw when Hitler cameo in the trenches
>>
>>336712243
>Ottoman
no
literally more monstrous than the germans that propagated the holocaust

the armenian genocide opened the gates for the possibility of any country to commit modern-type genocide and get away with it

NO Fucking glorification of the Ottoman Empire, EVER

Keep it out of fucking videogames unless it's recognizing them as scum fucking bottomfeeding cockroach demons
>>
>>336710896
i just hope i get to kill some austro-hungarian fuckers, i want to make italy proud
>>
>>336716001
>suffer devastating casualties
they didnt
>>
>>336716096
>At the end of the game, he's stranded in Britain when Hitler rises to power
That was over 10 years after the end of ww1.
>>
>>336716264

>implying tactics completely changed everywhere instantly

M'kay
>>
>>336716282
great, Americans are talented at getting shot, tell me something I don't know
>>
>you will never play a Lawrence of Arabia game with a complex anal rape simulator
>you will never play a Lawrence of Arabia game with a dating sim aspect for which desert prince you want staring at you longingly
>>
>>336716379
>tfw no Fascist March on Rome DLC
Why live?
>>
>>336716349
wow,armenian genocide didnt happen but i wish it did so retards like you couldnt exist
>>
>>336714668
Why did the frogs dressed like clowns?
>>
all we need is a Red Orchestra like game that focuses on ww1 now.
Imagine the amount of PTSD of trench warfare.
>>
>>336716349
So that's a go on an Ottoman campaign then, because >Armenians
>>
>>336716241
>they had to rely on this dirty shit

You seriously think in total war a trade blockade isn't a legitimate and fair tactic? Are you a child or something? It was ultimately the food shortages that ended the war in the Allied favour, if the Royal Navy hadn't stopped food going to the North Sea ports Germany could have held out for years longer than they did.
>>
File: despair.png (188 KB, 485x490) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
188 KB, 485x490
>>336716001
>mfw the protagonist will think "Maybe white people will like us after this"
>mfw they show him come back home and become mentally broken after participating in hellish battles and still being treated like shit
>He becomes Chris Dorner in the expansion.
>>
>>336715869
>>336716272
>what is Galicia and Lodomeria
Come on now
>>
File: 1460325771094.gif (1 MB, 396x216) Image search: [Google]
1460325771094.gif
1 MB, 396x216
>>336715531
Jews
>>
>>336716294
killed a proto nazi for it, duh
>>
American soldiers were literally only present during the last day of World War 1, when the Treaty of Versailles was signed. Soldiers ducked in on a French flower truck to pretend they were in the war for the cameras.

All of the reports of American soldiers on the front of World War 1 was actually French Foreign legion who had been paid to wear American uniforms. American presence in World War 1 was faked just like the moon landings.
>>
>>336716294
Were non-slaves blacks in Germany at that time?
>>
File: the-great-war-video-series.jpg (205 KB, 1672x945) Image search: [Google]
the-great-war-video-series.jpg
205 KB, 1672x945
Any of you guys been watching The Great War?
>>
https://youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48
>>
File: 1462544430952.jpg (14 KB, 298x312) Image search: [Google]
1462544430952.jpg
14 KB, 298x312
>>336716349
I wonder what would be more triggering for everyone in this game

Denying the Armenian genocide

or showing it in its full glory?
>>
>>336712243
Could even be a South African protagonist.
Looks like a bit of it is set in Africa.
>>
>>336716332
>Objective: Save Hitler
>>
>>336713637
>Great great

Underage. I'm 19 and my great grandfather was in
>>
>>336716332
>"Hans, ve have a meeting in the command bunker"
>Imperial March starts playing as you enter the bunker
>Game focuses on a young soldier
>The name A. Hitler comes up
>Someone says "Hey Adolf, that moustache doesn't really suit you"
>>
>>336716473
do you think LVI would have made propagandistic vidya set in the war?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.