[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit. I dont want to start an argument over which is better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 33
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
44 KB, 480x360
Holy shit.

I dont want to start an argument over which is better blah blah. but is this really whats happening right now?

Nioh copies everything from the Souls series, bonfires, shortcuts, gameplay, even the damn UI is the same...

Is this really whats done these days?

I understand successful games will always imitate each other. Look at the countless GTA rip-offs after GTA3. But it was always drawing influence while also being largely different in a way.

Take splinter cell for example, hugely influenced by MGS but without a doubt its own animal.

Nioh has literally reskinned Dark Souls, shamelessly. Maybe its a good game, maybe its a great game. But what the fuck, why copy every little detail?
>>
>>336560123
Please explain how you regain Ki quickly after an attack
If you can't then you must accept the title "shitposter"
>>
It feels like they went "This is a jap game but its full of medieval bastards what the fuck. Better set it in feudal Japan and make the protagonist look like Geralt, two birds one stone"
>>
>>336560123
>gameplay
It uses the skeletal frame of Demon's Souls, Team Ninja were quite open about that, except the combat system itself isn't even remotely similar to Souls. Have half the people here shooting off about Nioh even played it?
>>
>>336560470
They haven't and until OP answers
>>336560367
Don't even bother replying
>>
File: sceptical Justin Long.png (280 KB, 486x478) Image search: [Google]
sceptical Justin Long.png
280 KB, 486x478
>>336560123
>Is this really whats done these days?
>these days?
>>
>>336560554
Its like no one remembers all the platformers trying to one up mario, or 3d platformers, or FPS's trying to copy Wolfenstein, Doom, COD, Halo, or Action Adventures trying to ape Zelda

I could go on
>>
File: Nioh Alpha Demo_20160505161146.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Alpha Demo_20160505161146.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
LAST MINUTE NI OH THREAD
post them geralts
>>
Who cares? Nioh does everything better.

It basically takes a huge fucking dump on the entire Souls series.
>>
>>336560783
There's one thing it does much worse
not be weeb as fuck
>>
>>336560630
Those games were all distinctly different though.

At least the most talked about successful games were.

>>336560783
Like i said, it doesnt matter if its better or not. I will probably buy the game and enjoy it. But completely copying another game is kinda weird practice dont you think?
>>
There's nothing truly original left on Earth. The sooner a creator realizes that, the sooner he learns that its the execution and style that draws people in.
>>
>>336561091
Another thing is, why SHOULDNT a game try and rip off souls? It's a decent concept thats rather new, not original i suppose, but executed uniquely.
I would love to see other companies do their own ideas on top of From's idea, it's not like From would ever do a samurai souls game
>>
>>336561091
see
>>336560367
>>
>>336560123

I know these threads are just for funposting.

However it is disturbing that amount of people that seem to think Dark Souls (not even Demon's since they did not play that) invented action RPGs.
>>
>>336561286

Im not saying they shouldnt do it. Im saying its kind of strange to copy every little detail. Right down to the UI.

Im by no means criticizing the game, some of you guys need to calm the fuck down its okay to critique things you enjoy.

I have never seen a videogame copy virtually everything right down to the UI of a game like this. If you could give an example of another game that has done that, please do.
>>
File: NioH.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>336560123
>>336561091

Did you even get to play the fucking game or are you just spouting the most obvious surface levels and thinking it's the same shit?

Yes UI and respawn/upgrade systems are the same, everything else is different. You actually need to un-learn a bit of your Souls experience/reflexes in order to get better at NioH

Of course you wouldn't know how vastly different NioH is since you didn't play it. On the most basic level it's copying Souls, but after 5 minutes you realise it simply doesn't work the same and after playing the demo you get to learn all the nuances, some of which I didn't even know you could do after watching guides
>>
File: 14061647842_4d39ef28c0_o[1].png (232 KB, 930x551) Image search: [Google]
14061647842_4d39ef28c0_o[1].png
232 KB, 930x551
>>336561436

Im not saying action RPGs. Im saying the entire way the game moves, looks and even the UI.
>>
>>336560123
but it is it's own animal. the stamina system alone is different enough to warrant calling it a new thing. Small, but different enough that it counts.

Did you even play it?
>>
>>336561562
>still ignoring the first post
>>
>>336561668
why are you so fucking angry?

i played the demo this morning.

nuances are different. but if you show a random person the game, my room mate in my case, he thought it was fucking Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>336561798
I haven't played the demo yet and am just in this thread for the funposting, but how in the fuck does it look like Dark Souls 3 remotely? The art style, enemy designs and even the time period are all completely different.

If anything, the first thing I think of when I see this is Tenchu.
>>
The number of games influenced by From since Demon's is insane. KT needed to freshen up the old Ninja Gaiden formula and injecting a bit of Souls seems to have done the trick. The demo is still more original than 90% of console platformers 25 years ago.
>>
>>336561697

Item/weapon shortcuts mapped to the 4 directional buttons has been a thing since at least Nintendo 64. Probably even older examples of it.
>>
>>336561908
The UI.
The way the character moves.

It could literally be the same gameplay engine.

The art style is very similar to Dark Souls. It might draw from different influences but if someone told me it was the same graphic engine/designer i wouldnt be surprised. It looks like Dark Souls set in the East.

For example, Wind Waker and XIII look completely different but have a similar art STYLE.
>>
>take splinter cell for example. Hugely influenced by MGS but still it's own animal
>implying Nioh isn't it's own animal

So you didn't even play the demo did you? I can see how you would say that without actually playing the game itself as I thought the same exact thing.
>>
>>336562036
The ui is alike, though the comparison ends there.

>It could literally be the same gameplay engine.
get the fuck outta here. The gameplay is different, full stop. Unless you're gonna say that light and heavy attacks are somehow invented by souls, in which case you got another thing coming. You're objectively wrong on several accounts.

What it DOES take from souls would be the UI being alike. The game is fundamentally different from there, and the reason for such being the youtubers and random players attacking it like it WAS souls and getting their shit pushed in.
>>
File: NioH 2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH 2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336561798
good for him?
How does that address anything I just said?

NioH is a whole other beast. No one is denying it copies Souls, but it also does things in a different enough way to be its own thing

Regardless, you only have a surface understanding of the game if you only now played it. If you just now played Souls you would have no idea that Poise was a thing, or the different shield parries, etc

for example did you have any idea of what each pose does? Beyong "high is slow, low is fast" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrklfM4nrC8

Stop shitposting about a game you barely touched

>>336562036
>The way the character moves.
Movement is animation-locked in NioH but not in Souls. So this is untrue

Please get better at shitposting, this is embarassing

You sound like a gamespot reviewer trying to judge Monster Hunter after playing it for a couple of hours, if that.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>336561697
Shit dude, DaS totally ripped off Gears of War!
>>
Jesus christ! I just noticed that ocarina of time has similar fighting mechanics, like blocking and roll dodging, AND item quick slots. Nintendo has some crazy time travel tech! They managed to copy souls games in 98
>>
>>336562036
>It looks like Dark Souls set in the East.
So it looks like Dark Souls in a completely different setting and time period with a completely different art style? Ok so it doesn't look like Dark Souls.
>>
File: mqt.png (178 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mqt.png
178 KB, 500x281
>>336560636
>Keeping Spirit at 5

Who the fuck does this?
>>
>>336560123
>Look at the countless GTA rip-offs after GTA3. But it was always drawing influence while also being largely different in a way.
>Take splinter cell for example, hugely influenced by MGS but without a doubt its own animal.

is this bait ?

MGS copied SC, noth the other way around.
Also GTA3 copied Driver 2.

Oh and Souls games copied the Castlevania series.

GTFO pleb.
>>
>>336562425
I guess you think Bloodborne doesnt look like Dark Souls either?
>>
>>336562481
>Souls games copied the Castlevania
DeS was nothing like Castlevania you fucking tit.

If anything DeS was closer to Mega Man in that you can choose which robot master (world) to do in whatever order you want.

DaS1 started the Castlevania style world layout.
>>
Is it really similar to Souls? I missed the beta and am sad the Souls series is over.
>>
>>336562608
>DaS1 started the Castlevania style world layout.
I'm too old for this shit. Castlevania started before SotN you know
>>
>>336560123
>Is this really whats done these days?

This is whats been done since the beginning. People find a formula that works, other people take it and reiterate it. Were you born yesterday?
>>
>>336560123
Nioh really isn't that similar to DaS. Most of the things it 'copies' aren't really unique to the Souls games and it does plenty differently. I'm looking forward to it personally since I think the DaS setting is getting kind of stale (also why I like BB).
>>
>>336562409
The Souls games improved on Ocarina of Time in every aspect.
>>
>>336562750
There's a fair amount of DeS influence in there, alongside a bunch of other games (Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden, Way of the Samurai, Bushido Blade, Genji, etc.), but the game feels and plays like its own animal.
>>
File: town2.jpg (116 KB, 1754x1080) Image search: [Google]
town2.jpg
116 KB, 1754x1080
>>336562578
Bloodborne looks absolutely nothing like DeS, DaS or DaS2 from an aesthetic standpoint.

The time zone, architecture, character designs and monster designs are completely different and unlike anything found in the Souls series.

From a gameplay perspective of course, it's very similar, but aesthetically, other than being in 3rd person, no it looks nothing like Souls.

What you're saying is exactly the same as saying BioShock looks identical to BioShock infinite.
>>
>>336562750
OP is exaggerating. It's a different kind of souls. Faster paced, more risk/reward, much more micromanagement in combat because there are so many more mechanics to be aware of, so initially it's too confusing and you easily get stressed out and panic if anything goes wrong (like fighting 2 guys at once) but then you slowly get used to the pacing and all the new shit and you start having more fun and less frustration

these two videos should give you a basic idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXOu1wG70_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrklfM4nrC8
>>
It's just Ninja Gaiden with numbers and bonfires
>>
>actually comparing this team ninja shitfest to souls
>>
>>336561562
Bayonetta copied literally everything from DMC.

Even the goddamn color schemes

Even the name of the in-house team that worked on it.

Even the director
>>
>>336563104
>Faster paced
Holy shit

If Nioh is faster paced than the Souls games, the Souls games must be slower than a special needs kid in wintertime.

Because Nioh is like, the slowest action game Team Ninja have ever released.
>>
>>336560554
>>336560630

Saints Row series

they even 100% copied the shitty stuff like
> keep driving forward, pedal to the metal
> no cars ahead, clear
> switch to rear-view cam for a second
> suddenly crashes onto a magically appearing NPC vehicle

that's when I noticed something's fishy
>>
>>336560123
can I play as a qt girl?
>>
>>336563648
...ok?

It still stands that Nioh is faster paced than Souls, which are known for being slow and methodical relative to other action games.
>>
>>336563648
I guess you don't know anything about Souls, but Nioh is definitely faster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8
>>
>beat both levels by level 25
>poured every stat into Stamina thinking the bar would increase like Souls games
>instead it stays the same, attack seem to use a bit less Ki
>once you hit 20 stamina, leveling up stamina only gives +1 ki instead of +10 ki or whatever it gave
>wasted all those levels

Shit sucks but hey i still beat it.

I could also carry a lot of shit and wear a lot of heavy shit too so i guess it evens out.
>>
>>336562006
>>336562362
I don't even like the other guy, but quit sticking your fucking head in the dirt. You're just as bad as all the tards who say Toukiden/Soul Sacrifice have no similarities to Monster Hunter.
>>
>>336562453
Colour me curious, what did spirit do?
I just went for the easy life/damage/equip stats
>>
>>336560123
It's Ninja Gaiden with a limited moveset mindlessly mixed with Soulsborne, just without the joy of exploration and satisfying combat and loot.
B L U N D E R
L
U
N
D
E
R
>>
>>336568645
Go to your shrine and look at your spirit animals. The number of spirit you have unlocks passives on them.

You just need to put one point in spirit to get the level 6 passive off of any of them. Then each spirit animal has an additional passive at a higher level. Game tells you what unlocks at what spirit level for each animal.

Can't remember all of them, but at level 10 spirit, fire wolf gives you a +20% faster ki recharge passive.
>>
>>336568645
Affects the stats of your spirit animal (eg. living weapon duration). You need 12 spirit for the shark.
>>
>>336560123

It copies a lot of mechanics, but improves on several of them. The gameplay however is very different and plays like a mixture of a Souls and Ninja Gaiden game.
>>
>>336569192
>limited moveset
>without the joy of exploration and satisfying combat
You didn't play the alpha. Slightly agree on the loot, though.
>>
>>336569429
I did. It's dull. Different stances with what is essentially the same moves, just differently paced for different situations isn't enough to hold anyone's attention for long. It's crap, and will get a lukewarm reception, chilling out at 65 - 72/100 on Metacritic based on 100 reviews.
>>
File: spirit animal pic.jpg (262 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
spirit animal pic.jpg
262 KB, 1024x615
>>336568645
>>336569278
>>336569341
Here, just did a quick google search and found a shitty pic. Just read the text.
>>
>>336569192

Loot is the only thing objectively worse than a Souls game.

Might be the name or the randomly assigned stats, but I can't remember anything about any of the loot I got except that one sword, despite shit loads of items dropping all the time.
>>
>>336569602

>I did. It's dull. Different stances with what is essentially the same moves,

You obviously didn't play. Because each stance has it's own move set, with different timings, hit boxes and combo lengths among other things I'm probably forgetting.
And then you can unlock more attacks for every weapon and stance type as you level up.
>>
>>336569602
Get those eyes checked.
>>
65/100 on Metacritic confirmed. Not a good Ninja Gaiden, nor Soulslike. Pick a concept and stick with it. Team Ninja are incapable of making anything half decent. Nothing they've produced since Ninja Gaiden Black has been worth a damn.
>>
File: usTNVU7.png (439 KB, 910x898) Image search: [Google]
usTNVU7.png
439 KB, 910x898
>>336560123
What your juvenile ass needs to realize that the Soulsborne games didn't invent anything new.
>>
>>336569602
It's good, but it'll get a lukewarm reception because people won't make full use of the gameplay mechanics. They'll just stick with one stance, never use ki pulse, never take advantage of breaking enemy/boss stamina, and wonder why they're losing constantly.

>>
File: ninja gaiden.jpg (133 KB, 640x363) Image search: [Google]
ninja gaiden.jpg
133 KB, 640x363
>>336560123

Every time people say Nioh was inspired by souls I agree but then they proceed to mention a bunch of stupid shit like the OP that makes it clear they are baiting, retarded or didnt play the game.

>Bonfires

The game uses shrines not bonfires and these are savepoints anyway. Something very common in video games. And no savepoints letting you customize and access menus was not invented by Souls. A save point doesnt pop up after killing a boss either instead it throws you into map select which lets you replay the entire level again boss included.

>shortcuts

Souls invented shortcuts? Zelda has tons of them.

>Gameplay

The combat is entirely different with all the mechanics it has and is level based instead of the big open world DaS has. That plus Diablo style loot and building.

>Even the UI

Pic related.

Things that Nioh did copy from souls. Bloodstains, Leveling with weapon and armor requirement, combat focuses on stamina management, co op summoning and invasions (not in the demo but the devs said this will be in the final game).

And there is nothing wrong with copying. Every game does it.
>>
>get raikiri
>go be summoned to rip ass with new sword
>first ninja oni in 2nd mission pushes me into fire, instantly killed
Th-thanks for the cup
>>
>>336561697
>Im not saying action RPGs. Im saying the entire way the game moves, looks and even the UI.

Even the way the character moves while locked on is different.
The entire combat system is different (and vastly superior in Ni oh).
It actually has ambient music.
It doesn't have shit hitboxes.
Etc etc etc

But no you're right, this totally looks like Dark Souls

>>
>>336569602
>what is essentially the same moves,

So you didnt play it. Okay.
>>
>>336569602
Mid stance katana is fucking worthless against dwellers when they're in grab mode
>>
>>336570336

I watched that one IGN video where two guys talk about it. Despite claiming to have finished the entire demo, they didn't know ki release existed or was a mechanic.

I wonder just how many other things they missed, if they actually did play and complete the demo like they claimed (which I doubt).
>>
>>336565208
>>336570336
>>336570481

>XHLGladiator-mind
>>
File: PS3_037.png (970 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PS3_037.png
970 KB, 1280x720
>retarded souls fags back at it again, thinking that every other game similar to it rips it off directly, pretending that the games invented everything

They did it with Dragon's Dogma and now Nioh.
>>
>>336570375

Stat requirements on equipment and even stat scaling on equipment is not something unique to Souls.
>>
>>336570481
>It actually has ambient music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kORT6xLIpTM
>>
>>336561668

wow that looks identical to dark souls
>>
>>336561668
looks more like slower Onimusha to me
>>
>>336560123
https://youtu.be/bWsuxO-A36o
Darksouls plays like this yea?
LOL
>>
>>336570952

Other than MMOs I cannot think of a single game that asks to put points in a stat to use a weapon :\
>>
It's a cheap chinese knock off of souls. I kind of enjoyed the combat but the world design and graphics are unforgivable IMO. It literally looks 10 years old.
>>
File: original.jpg (23 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
23 KB, 500x327
I had more fun playing the Nioh alpha demo than Dark Souls 3
>>
>>336571130
Did you see any of this >>336565208

You can take it slow or play fast.
>>
File: bow.jpg (213 KB, 512x593) Image search: [Google]
bow.jpg
213 KB, 512x593
>>336571189

It's more common in western RPGs. Earliest example I can remember is Baldurs Gate.

Picture related.
>>
>>336571391

Same.
>>
>>336560123
Seems different enough to me, haven't tried it though. Also, copying gameplay is nothing new and it should be taken as a praise rather than a bad thing.
>>
File: Nioh_Screenshot02.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_Screenshot02.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336571301
>but the world design and graphics are unforgivable IMO

lol? Visually the game looks solid for being alpha.

It also has something DS doesn't have on console, the option to prioritize FPS over resolution, bumping it up to ~60.
>>
So what time today does the demo end, anyone have any idea?
>>
>>336561668
Which souls game is that?
>>
>>336572079
I'm guessing about 6-8 hours from now.
>>
Souls is a series you literally play with two buttons all the fucking time. You roll and then you spam r1. That's it. You can comfortably beat the entire game and do well in pvp just with this. Ni-Oh is WAY more complex and unlike souls with its laughable "muh hardcore" marketing, Ni-Oh is actually hard.

Also, if you think that Souls invented the mechanics you saw in Ni-Oh you are literally a 12 year old at the very BEST and the 360 was your first console guaranteed.
>>
So how long is this actual demo once you git gud and aren't spending 95% of your time dying? Just wondering if I can finish it before they take it down. Just starting to get into it now just got to throw first mini boss dude after the 2nd shrine.
>>
>>336572313
The one I presume you'll never get to play even if you wanted to?
>>
File: nioh.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nioh.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
Reached level 40 completed the two stages

Its not very good i would say its mediocre at best

I am suprised /v/ defend this game i thing the only reason people like this game is because it is hard so it validate their hardcore gamer credibility or maybe it is because it is a ps4 exclusive i dont know
It looks and play like a 2008 game from ps3
I am almost sure ninja gaiden sigma 2 looks and runs better

You spend 30% of your times in the menus because you have to sell the millions of gear you get by progressing and you cant even make two step without a part of you equipement breaking so you have to fix it if you grinded enough items or put something else if not

Combat is not fun at all because your character has a heart attack after every two moves so its a poking game between you and enemies they kill you in two hits you kill them in 60. hard but unfair compared to dark souls where you die quickly but so do enemies.

level design is garbage the game just tries very hard to outnumber you at all times the second area is a square with a pack of demons in the middle a couple of projectiles spammers around and ninja literraly falling from the sky it is very lazy

What i like: they keept the finishers and dismemberment from ninja gaiden and coop make the game less tedious

I will not buy it thats the kind of game i would have been hyped for 10 years ago
>>
>>336572390
This is totally false. I beat the entire demo by rolling and spamming square.
>>
Am I supposed to be switching stances mid-combo for cuhrazy combos? Right now I pretty much just change stance based on what enemy I'm fighting.

Also when should I use low stance? I wasn't really impressed with it, since in the time it takes to do a bunch of fast dodges, I could have just killed the enemy with regular attacks.
>>
>>336572512
>Combat is not fun at all because your character has a heart attack after every two moves

Stopped reading there. With only that you've proven you're an idiot who doesn't even know about the most BASIC of mechanics, aka ki pulse, which is you were spending your entire stamina like the absolute retard that you are. People who can't even press R1 properly shouldn't be evaluating anything about any game. Move on.
>>
>>336572512

Sounds to me like you didn't even play the game but are trying to sound like you did by reading around on the internet a bit.
>>
>>336572512
>Combat is not fun at all because your character has a heart attack after every two moves

Go back to spamming R1 in DaS you retard.
>>
>>336572814
which is why* you were
>>
File: 1461339906035.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1461339906035.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>>336560123
>splinter cell
>hugely influenced by MGS
>>
>>336572890
>acting like spamming square is somehow better

Tip top kek m8
>>
>>336572512
I believe you. Could you post a pic of your stat distribution? I'm curious about what you put points into.

>your character has a heart attack after every two moves
Somebody wasn't managing their stamina properly. Were you using ki pulse? Enemies play by the same rules. Even bosses. The fact that you can break their stamina and absolutely destroy them places this above other games.

>the game just tries very hard to outnumber you at all times
Lure enemies away with rocks or shurikens. Or headshot helmetless enemies with your bow. Even with enemies that have helmets, you can shoot them off.
>>
>>336571391
Same. It's been like a week or so since I last touched dark souls 3 because the game is worthless. It's just more of the exact same shit without inovating on anything. In fact, it actually managed to make things worse because the game has zero balance between items, stats and whatnot and a lot of things are plain out broken. It was clearly a rushed out cashgrab, which is why it even has multiple walls you can literally just walk through. Glad I didn't fall for the season pass meme. Should have waited for its revamped cashgrab edition with all the dlc and an actually finished game by next year.
>>
>>336572512
You stole this picture from the other thread, you faggot shitposter.
>>
>>336572743
I used low against dwellers until I realized high stance hits way harder and still ends low enough to catch them.
>>
>>336573104

>Trip fag
>Retarded

wew. Running out of stamina in this game freezes you and if that retarded is running out of breath every 2 moves it means he is spamming the attack button without caring for stamina which is something that works in DaS but not here.
>>
>>336573104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>336572471
Stay mad
>>
>>336570840
Blame pcfags whose entire knowledge of gaming stands for playing League of Legends nonstop and only started playing other shit when Namco marketed Souls as LE HARDEST GAME EVERXD.
>>
>>336572390
Just because all that YOU happen to do in souls is spam R1 doesn't mean that's all you can do buddy. If someone wanted to they could go through nioh without changing stances and just spamming square. Both games will still require you to watch your stamina when doing it too. Also I'm not sure what you're getting at but nioh is taking the same exact 'hardcore matketing approach' as the souls games.

I swear all these nioh threads are filled to the brim with retards either shitting on souls and praising nioh or the other way around while spewing completly false things about the other game.
>>
File: feeels.jpg (77 KB, 438x490) Image search: [Google]
feeels.jpg
77 KB, 438x490
>>336572512
>because it is hard so it validate their hardcore gamer credibility
It's not hard, just different

>maybe it is because it is a ps4 exclusive
this meme is getting old and tiresome

>You spend 30% of your times in the menus because you have to sell the millions of gear
There is a button to sell all irrelevant gear at once

> you cant even make two step without a part of you equipement breaking so you have to fix it if you grinded enough items or put something else if not
Did you never once think this was a game mechanic? Having to switch gear and never stick with the same weapon for too long might just be the game loop they intended
Whetstones and glue are very common, without grinding at all I was always exceeding the limit of 9 and would casually use one to make room.
Either way it's too early to judge since the demo clearly boosts progression in stat points earned, souls, and weapon drops. At the end of 2 levels you can pretty much nearly upgrade all trees available, I can only assume in the final game you won't progess after the first 2 levels

>Combat is not fun at all because (...)
It's clear you missed some basic mechanics if you're struggling that much and if you run out of Ki often at all like you're telling us you do.
In fact in some aspects the game is way too easy. You can kill any huge Oni with 2 fire shuriken, and you can fuck the shit up of any boss after you use the movement-slow spell on them. They need to rebalance some aspects

>level design is garbage(..)
It's pretty mediocre, I agree, doesn't reach Souls levels but it's serviceable

Pretty shit post but I don't blame you. What the demo failed the most at was explaining both basic and advanced mechanics of the game
>>
>>336572743
low stance consumes less stamina when dodging, mid stance consumes less stamina when blocking.

I usually stick with mid stance, but I use high when fighting the standing zombies, then switch to low when they start crawling, since low dodging has some sort of ki pulse effect.

fighting Oni, I use low to dodge and get quick hits in, and high to punish and break their stamina.

You can switch stances out of necessity. There's even a skill that gives a little bonus in recovery if you ki pulse into a different stance.

Play whatever works for you.
>>
File: 1379059860185.gif (3 MB, 250x255) Image search: [Google]
1379059860185.gif
3 MB, 250x255
>PS4 gets Bloodborne and Nioh, both Souls-like but with unique and new interesting mechanics
>PS4 also gets Dark Souls 3, the generic rehash Souls which didn't change anything

Poor cucks, left with nothing but the Call of Duty of action rpg's.
>>
File: 1462400062932.jpg (514 KB, 962x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462400062932.jpg
514 KB, 962x1200
The Souls formula just works. Leave it to a competent dev and I'm sure we will see some great games.
>>
>>336573387
>Just because all that YOU happen to do in souls is spam R1 doesn't mean that's all you can do buddy.

Doing anything else won't greatly increase your outcome. The vast majority of people play like this because it's exactly what you need to stomp everything aside from the ocasional estus usage.

>If someone wanted to they could go through nioh without changing stances and just spamming square.

Yeah, sure, you go and do that and then come back crying when you get your shit pushed in by every random trash mob in the place, "buddy".

>Both games will still require you to watch your stamina when doing it too.

Stamina is hardly an issue in dark souls 3, whereas in NiOh you have to constantly keep an eye on it and do ki pulses effectively otherwise you're screwed hard. If you lose your stamina you are fucked, whereas in souls you just walk around and it replenishes almost instantly anyway.

>Also I'm not sure what you're getting at but nioh is taking the same exact 'hardcore matketing approach' as the souls games.

With the exception that unlike Souls, Ni-Oh is actually hard and complex. In Souls you can hide behind your shield all day long without any rush, or you just roll through the swings of the enemy to completely ignore any damage. If you decide to play as a mage or some other builds, the game simply shits itself.

>I swear all these nioh threads are filled to the brim with retards either shitting on souls and praising nioh or the other way around while spewing completly false things about the other game.

Leading by example, I see.
>>
>>336572743
Low can be really good for keeping pressure on large enemies, attacking them fast enough to keep them from regenerating ki. Fast attacks are also great for building up status/element timers, or triggering discord. Also, because even bosses get staggered constantly when out of ki, low stance can essentially infinite combo until they do something to burst all their ki back.
>>
>>336561697
And you're just flat out wrong.

Shrines are bonfires, amirita are souls, and the camera can be separated from the player's movement. Literally every other system, including stat effects, is nothing at all like Souls.

They were inspired by Demon's Souls, not Dark
>>
File: comfy.jpg (79 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
79 KB, 409x409
>>336573345
I see I was right then

You got stuck with another NEVER EVER in front of you and to cope with it you do the best to think the game is shit and to always look at it negitavly.

Such a sad existence. Oh well, this is just another game for me to enjoy this year - how can I be mad?
>>
>>336573627
Kill yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>336573135
high stance katana
i can do one moon combo and a roll before running out of stamina
ki pulse is useless
>>
>>336573387
They're shills anon.
>>
>>336573839
>just beat Nue with a visitor
>visitor broke his ki while he tried to zap me, then we both stunlocked him for his entire HP bar
Didn't think that would work. What a creepy design
>>
>>336573854
>They were inspired by Demon's Souls, not Dark

Pcucks didn't play Demon's Souls.
>>
>>336574123

Because is shit. Only DaS 1-3 are good on PC. 30 fps on console is unplayable.
>>
When I enter the next stage is it possible to go back to the stage select without clearing it first?
>>
>>336573204
what are you talking about nigger
>>
>>336573923
>5 spirit
What the fuck? Don't you like getting passive bonuses?

>>336569664
>>
>>336574210
t. pcuck who didn't play it but somehow evaluates it

Kindly kill yourself, poorfag. Let me guess, Bloodborne is also shit because you can't play it on your toaster, right?
>>
>>336570481
But that looks incredibly similar to Dark Souls. I don't get it, is this some kind of meta shitposting?

I'm hyped as fuck for this game, but everyone vehemently denying that it's just a Soulsclone is pathetic.
>>
>>336574251
Use that branch thingy you got as a reward from clearing mission 1.
>>
>>336560123
if Nioh is good, it doesnt matter.

If its bad it'll be forgotten like Lords of Fallen or Dante's Inferno
>>
>>336574317

Not even joking here but just how fucking new are you? 12? 14? I understand that you won't say it otherwise you'd get banned but jesus fucking christ, at the very least PRETEND you haven't just parachuted into this hobby in the last gen when your dad got you an xbox 360 as your first console. At least try.
>>
>>336574317
It's more pathetic that people are getting mad about this game not being enough of a Souls clone.
>>
>>336574487
Yeah man, spew more buzzwords! That'll show me!

The memes are fucking up your brain, Anon. It's time to take a break from 4chan.
>>
>>336573156
>In fact, it actually managed to make things worse because the game has zero balance between items, stats and whatnot and a lot of things are plain out broken.
Holy shit my man, I agree that after DaS2 FROM pussied out and made a very "safe" DaS1,5 game, but when it comes to item/stat balance and things being broken the game is a fucking godsend compared to it's predecessors. At the very least 90% of the weapons are actually viable and there are no completely useless stats. Please take off your rose-tinted glasses and remember shit like 2kat pushlocking, buffed headbutt lock, running firestorms, body buff SMS (and whole DaS1 meta in general, because it was fucking awful, especially pre-nerf DWGR), bino-boosting, quadrobuff havelixodons.
The only outright "broken" thing DaS3 had on release is a fake "infinite" storm curved sword combo which was fixed in less than a week.
Game might be a lousy uninspired cashgrab but mechanically it's far superior to previous games in the series.
>>
>>336574561

Not my fault you ooze underage with every keystroke. You wanna act like an underage you go right ahead, but don't cry when you get called on it. Let me guess, Zelda, Onimusha, Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden all copied Souls too, amirite, underage?
>>
File: 1461345861674.jpg (12 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
1461345861674.jpg
12 KB, 407x286
>>336574487
>this one autistic faggot keeps spamming this "ur first console MUST have been a 360" without posting any games that could be compared to the Soulsborne series that came before them

You should kill yourself.
>>
>>336574594
>"the game is a fucking godsend compared to it's predecessors"
>literally one viable build (quality)
>two weapons greatly outshadow every other weapon in the game
>armor does literally nothing
>all forms of magic are as worthless as humanly possible
>>
>>336574715
Literally the post above yours, see >>336574683

W E W
E
W

L A D
A
D

Damage control more, underage 360 baby.
>>
>>336574683
>Zelda, Onimusha, Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden
All games that that the Soulsborne series borrowed from, but nobody with a functioning brain would ever call clones of each other or Soulsborne games. Unlike Ni-Oh.

But keep shilling.
>>
>>336574683
I typed out a mean reply but I deleted it.

You're clearly autistic. Good luck with your ad hominem shitposting tantrum, Anon.
>>
>>336574869
See
>>336574962
Kill yourselves
>>
>>336574380
Cheers, mate.
>>
>>336574594
>At the very least 90% of the weapons are actually viable and there are no completely useless stats.

At least pretend you've actually played the game. Dark Sword and Estoc are ahead of any other weapon in the game. Poise is LITERALLY an useless stat and so is vitality because there's absolutely no reason to use any kind of heavy armor at all whatsoever.

Even the hacking is worse this time around because legit users are getting banned whereas actual hackers can get other people banned as well.

>Game might be a lousy uninspired cashgrab but mechanically it's far superior to previous games in the series.

Bloodborne destroys this shit without even trying.
>>
>>336575082
I'm still praying for more BB dlc my blood brother
>>
>>336574782
Now I'm not even sure if you've played a Souls game before.
>>
File: fack.jpg (17 KB, 293x233) Image search: [Google]
fack.jpg
17 KB, 293x233
God damn this thread is so full of Darksouls 1-3 and PC kiddies
>>
>>336574962
>but nobody with a functioning brain would ever call clones of each other or Soulsborne games

Just like nobody with an actual functioning brain and who clearly wasn't an underage that things Souls invented things like Stamina and lock-on wouldn ever call Ni-Oh a souls clone just because it has a few things similar while boasting way more complex combat.

But you keep on being retarded, underage 360 baby.

>>336574993
>I t-totally h-had a c-counter a-argument!

Fucking KEK. Now this is desperate.
>>
File: 1458610900919.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458610900919.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>336560123
So because it has a few similarities it apparently copies everything from Dark Souls. You say it copies its gameplay seems like you overlooked the literal focus of that gameplay like stances, spirits, ki, and combos? So you're saying if you use a weapon and fight other people in a game the gameplay is just like Dark Souls? Retard
>>
>>336575265
They have nothing else better to play
>>
File: bait on broadway.jpg (109 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
bait on broadway.jpg
109 KB, 900x900
>>336560123
>>
>>336575227
>no u

Great rebuttal, retard.
>>
File: 1364766755630.jpg (8 KB, 251x217) Image search: [Google]
1364766755630.jpg
8 KB, 251x217
>>336573923
>5 stamina
>complains about low stamina
>>
File: 1457142992327.jpg (252 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1457142992327.jpg
252 KB, 983x1013
>>336575082
>Dark Sword and Estoc are ahead of any other weapon in the game.
Stopped reading.
>>
>Dark Souls invented shortcuts through levels
>Dark Souls invented checkpoint hubs where the player can level up /other things
>Dark Souls invented stat points

Dark Souls kiddies are literally the modern "halo invented FPS" kids. And I even love the Spuls games but 90% of the fans are 7th gen retards.
>>
>>336575289
>Souls invented things like Stamina and lock-on
Nobody in this thread claimed that, you autistic shit.
>>
>>336575492
Figured as much.
>>
>>336573923
>high stance
>hurr running out of karma

How does it feel to be too retarded to understand simple game systems?
>>
>>336575082
At least pretend you played this game rather than reading 4chan threads.
>>
File: 1457319566785.gif (351 KB, 263x239) Image search: [Google]
1457319566785.gif
351 KB, 263x239
>>336575541
This desu senpai
>>
>>336575679
I knew the rest of the post would be as retarded as that sentence, so I figured it would be best to stop reading.
>>
FROM HAD FIVE (5) ATTEMPTS AT MAKING A GOOD GAME
Think about it.

They made the same game FIVE times, yet never once did it come close to the accuracy of Nioh.
>>
>>336575541
>>336575856
You can stop samefagging.
>>
>>336575594

So you have even less of a base to call Ni Oh a souls clone.

Wanna know what is most hilarious about your little display that your mother drunk a little too much while she was still carrying you?

So let me clear out one thing.

You consider mechanics that Souls copied from the aforementioned franchises as "drawing" from them, but when Ni Oh borrows a few minuscule mechanics from Souls, such as bonfires and the souls drop at death, all while retaining much more complex combat, it is suddenly a "clone".

Not only are you disgracefully retarded but you also don't understand what a "genre" stands for. You do know this little word implies that games within its subset usually share a lot of things in common, right? I mean, even for an underage handicapped such as yourself this should be quite easy to understand.

Loving every laugh.
>>
>>336575932
But Nioh isn't a good game. By the way, you should stop capslocking. It's making your samefaggotry very obvious.
>>
>>336575876
I know you totally did just that, after all, how else you save face like you're doing now because you can't refute anything I've said? Not really rocket science, therefore, I figured as much.
>>
>>336574782
At least hang around and PvP for a while instead of picking up opinions straight from /v/.
>literally one viable build (quality)
>hollow can strip you off 800 hp each time you get hit because of ridiculous bleed combos
>heavy weapons are not backstab/sightparry bait anymore and don't require you stacking gorillion poise now
Low amount of true Dex weapons and magic being unconventional are the only problems game has now, which is again, fucking nothing compared to retarded shit DeS/DaS1/DaS2 had.
>>336575082
Dark Sword is vastly overrated, just stop parroting retard opinions.
>only 39 more AR than LKS, yet LKS has more critical
>has worthless ballerina R2's instead of pokes
>no range on stomp makes WA much harder to hit than on weapons where it belongs, and Stance is superior anyway
>Poise is LITERALLY an useless stat and so is vitality because there's absolutely no reason to use any kind of heavy armor at all whatsoever.
All weapons that need poise have hyperarmour instead.
>b-but I'm getting stunlocked out of my attacks!
Time your shit better for christ's sake.
I agree that heavy armour is kind of underpowered, but it's not entirely useless. With a minmaxed set combo (which alas would look ugly as sin) you can get decent damage reductions without really sacrificing your damage output all taht much.
>Bloodborne destroys this shit without even trying.
If you say so, but BB has way too many jarring differences for me to treat it as a part of the series.
>>
>>336576058
>a few miniscule mechanics
You can microscopically pick apart every single mechanic on their own, but the sum of all parts still makes it overwhelmingly similar in many aspects. Your bait is overused and absolute trite.
>>
>>336575541

Threads like these really show how this place is just fucking packed to the brim with underage reddit shit. It gets even funnier because these retards are making it clear they've never touched Demon's Souls, let alone King's Field or Shadow Tower.

They probably think that Walking Dead invented zombies as well or some shit. I would seriously not be surprised at all after the sheer amount of retardation I've seen ITT.
>>
>>336575724
At least pretend you actually have something to say other than parroting me and being generally butthurt as fuck.
>>
>>336576058
If you separate DaS into its individual elements, then yes, everything it has, has been done before. But that would be a really stupid way of analyzing whether or not a game is or isn't a clone of another.
>>
>>336576287
Either argue your points instead of stating facts with no backup or go away. You and everything you say are as equally worthless.

But please do state how Ni Oh is a Souls clone but at the same time I want you to stand for your claim that Souls isn't a clone of the aforementioned franchises all while you explain to us why only when Ni Oh draws for something it's considered "cloning" a game. Please do, I'm looking forward to seeing you stumbling upon your own words like the retard that you are.

>>336576598
The individual elements make the whole. If you are arguing that third person action games with swords was invented by Souls then there is just no hope for you. That is what we call a genre, just like I carefully explained in my previous post.
>>
>>336576889
I guess we should go examine the code structure then, after all, you really need to dig down into the meat of a game to see if it's truly a soulsclone or not :^)
>>
>>336576889
Everybody sees you jumping and calling yourself a retard, just stop already.
>>
>>336561697
Wow what a monster hunter ripoff
>>
>>336573075
It was very much influenced by MGS2.
>>
>>336560123
this is what has always happened, acually japanese videogames industry got so good because it has a common knowledge shared by many people that keep making their own version of it an improving everytime, same goes with anime, and that's the reason it's no replicable by other countries, it's like traditional master craftsmen, or an artistic current, people grow up in that culture and make it.
>>
>that time konami went back in time and made that shitty ripoff of souls, symphony of the night
They even ripped off the health bar design.
>>
>>336573823
nigger
>>
>>336578624
>mfw some hack steals Dark Souls lore and writes a retarded story about some cuck STRfag
I hope God Miyazaki punishes him with his divine lightning.
>>
Dark Souls is the most original RPG in decades.
>>
>>336579330
But it's a Demon's Souls clone.
>>
>>336579330
>in decades
Hybrid Heaven exists, 2000.
Most unorthodox combat system in an RPG I've ever played.
>>
>>336563297
Ninja Gaiden has good combat though. Except the hayashi abortions.
>>
>>336579330
It's zelda with DMC's upgrade system
>>
>>336579330
Knights in the Nightmare is on a level of its own for originality.
>>
>>336579330
I'm stealing this bait for later
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.