[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to get into fighting games and hopefully try to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: revelator.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
revelator.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
I really want to get into fighting games and hopefully try to be competitive and I wanted to know how good Guilty Gear Xrd is at this?
>>
>>336395713
just get SfV
>>
>>336395713
I'm not sure I understand your question, OP. But if you're only in it for the competitive aspect you should probably go with something with a bigger competitive scene and bigger community in general. Xrd is still a good game though.
>>
>>336397026

Well I want to play outside of just casually, I just wanted to know how good Xrd is for a newbie to the "scene".
>>
>>336397152
The scene is pretty big in america, biggest from all those anime games for sure
>>
>>336395881
oh yeah totally recommend the most boring, over produced, hadoken spamfest of a game there is on the market. and still they'll never produce one that people will enjoy more than the varied versions of SF 2
>>
>>336397152
Not only is Xrd just not a good game for newbies in general, but it also has a smallish scene.
>>
File: 1442515247356.jpg (137 KB, 605x568) Image search: [Google]
1442515247356.jpg
137 KB, 605x568
>>336397561
>hadoken spamfest
>>
>>336397561
>Hey I want to get into fighting games
>"reccomends a game that represents the core of what fighting games are about"
>Holy shit anon, I didn't want to play fighting games, I wanted to play obscure weebtrash fag airdash 2016 "We'll be playing something else next month" edition.
>>
Not exactly sure what your asking, but there's a reason why lots of people don't play GG and it's not because it's anime. It's because they can't grasp it. It's more unforgiving than SFV or IV is though Xrd gives you a lot of explanation how to play so you at least can do somewhat well. If you want to make it big, GG is not the game for it
>>
>>336395881
Ignore this. SFV is fucking boring.
>>
>>336398054
But SFV is far from that. SF2 is and always will be the core
>>
>>336398128

I want an enjoyable game and GG looks the most appealing, I was mostly wondering how hard it was to get good at the game and how alive the online is.
>>
>>336398054
dat trapfu though
>>
>>336397913
>Not only is Xrd just not a good game for newbies in general

But it has by far the best new player tutorial of any fighting game to date. Not only does it teach you everything from the basics to advanced techniques it shows you how to use them in real matches.

Plus the scene is decently sized in NA.
>>
File: 51386612_p4.png (516 KB, 1186x770) Image search: [Google]
51386612_p4.png
516 KB, 1186x770
>>336398246
With Revelator coming out online will get pretty populated

As long time player I would say that GG is the best game ever when you have the momentum and worst shit ever when they force you to block.
>>
>>336395713
one of the best fighters currently on the market

however the quantity of mechanics and high skill floor in the competitive makes it hard to get into

I'd recommend Skull girls if you want something that feels good, is very noob friendly and has a mixed player base, yet isn't shit like street fighter
>>
>that feel when I made the mistake of trying to make Pokken my first real fighting game to get into
>>
>>336398475
He's shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0bb0PUV50o
>>
>>336398128
Nigga, I play VF. It's not that I don't grasp GG, it's that I don't like how GG gives characters so many strong tools. It's the same reason I don't play Tekken.
>>
>>336398128
But Anon, it is because it's Anime. Marvel plays like Guilty Gear but is 50x more stupid. Still, marvel has a bigger casual and competitive player base.
>>
>>336397152
More accessible than past GG games but you're still going to get your face pressed against a grinding stone early on
>>
>>336398902
this, SK is very good for newbs
>>
if you have PC and want something decent, try KI

it's free to play with a new character in a weekly rotation, but you gotta buy the rest of the boys in the cast

the tutorial is probably one of the best in FGs if you're looking to get into it
>>
>>336400307

Not anymore it's not. The only thing that's keeping it alive these days is Yipes. even Justin Wong is sick of it
>>
File: bridget_by_kamiyoshi.jpg (175 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
bridget_by_kamiyoshi.jpg
175 KB, 640x425
I wish I had a lithe body so I could cosplay Bridget!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.