[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: image_4.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
So I hear everyone talking about how bad of a game this is compared to the others, but no one really explains why. I've beaten 1, 3 and bloodborne and liked them all. What exactly is so bad about 2 that people hate so much. I was considering picking up SotFS on PS4.
>>
>>336393013
Every single area in the game is unbearable.
They turned rolling into a stat.
Platforming segments.
>>
>>336393013
*360 tracking. Killed it. Not to mention just plain bad level design.
>>
>>336393013
Soul memory was stupid.
>>
>>336393398
>360 tracking
>implying Darks Souls 3 isn't even more guilty of this
>>
>>336393013
It's better than 1 but not as polished as 3. Everyone who says they hate it are just bandwagoners with invalid opinions. Play it and judge for yourself.
>>
Dark Souls 2 should be used a test for mental disabilities. If anyone plays it and prefers it to DS1/3/BB they should be committed.
>>
>>336393013
The bosses are bland for the most part, example is Dragon Rider (who doesn't ride a dragon) which then has Dragon RiderS later on which is a two re-skins and one has a bow. The world layout wasn't consistent, everyone's favorite is taking a lift upwards in what was a windmill gets you inside of a volcano somehow. More artificial difficulty that any game in the series, add more enemies make fight harder (and more often than not tedious). Also, makes the link the fire ending of DaS1 canon which was irritating, especially since, when you think it through, there isn't a good or bad ending in DaS1 they both have there good and bad points.

People reckon Scholar of the First Sin improved the game but I haven't played that version so I can't say.
>>
>>336393485
Its not
>>
If you like pve its okay minus the shock waves. If you play souls for pvp its absolute garbage up there with Bloodborne.
>>
>>336393013
I'm replaying it and honestly it's just not memorable, level design is bland and enemies are pretty basic, and not one boss really stands out.
>>
>>336393569
If anyone plays it doesn't prefer it to DS1 they should be committed.*
>>
>>336393013
>uninspired level design with absurd transitions
>shitty NPCs without proper sidequests and development
>Soul Memory, if you care for PvP
Aside from that it's good. It's not a bad game by any means.
>>
>>336393605
So does Champion "180's in Midair" Gundyr not exist?
>>
>>336393579
My grammar was atrocious in this post.

Just watch the MatthewMatosis vid on DaS2 instead of my shit summary.
>>
>>336393013

The world isn't cohesive. It feels like the game is segmented into levels rather than an area bleeding into the next. They should have just gone with a Demon's Souls hub area if they were gonna do that.

Areas also aren't very memorable. I actually can't name a single area in Dark Souls 2 other than Dragon Shrine.

Bosses aren't very interesting. There's no badass boss fights like Artorias or Nameless King. It's all just "guy in armor". And now you'll say "But aren't Artorias and Nameless King just guys in armor?" And I'll say they are more than that. Their boss fights are far more interesting and they are important lore characters, making their fights much more memorable. Dark Souls 2 bosses are literally just guys in armor. There are also too many boss fights, removing the tension you have when you encounter one because you just expect a boss every 5 feet.

Dark Souls 2 is still a good game though. It's just the worst entry in the series, but that doesn't mean much when the rest of the games are fantastic. Dark Souls 2 is an 8/10 while the rest of the games are 9-10/10's.
>>
>>336393756
I said it wasn't more guilty, not that it wasn't there
>>
File: 1462141357735.jpg (39 KB, 305x395) Image search: [Google]
1462141357735.jpg
39 KB, 305x395
>matchmaking being based on soul memory and nothing to do with level killed any meta
>No full invading orb so invasions were a 3 step program of bullshit to get cracked orbs in an arena just so you could invade elsewhere outside of it.
>glass weapons
>FROM deciding to patch and nerf a ton of shit into oblivion making somethings nonviable in PvP or PVE

those are what I can think of.
>>
>>336393013
I enjoyed it, just not as much as the other ones.
People tend to exaggerate around here.
>>
I dont mind when people say why they dont like it but the people who say its the worst game ever and say theres zero redeeming features are the ones who should be commited. Its an absolutely incredible game that stands above almost eveyr AAA release from the current gen and the last.
I swear the people who blindly hate it never played it and just watch the matthewmatosis critique constantly nodding their head. Cannot wait for his Dark Souls 3 review so he can ignore how it has almost all of the problems he listed in the 2 video and in some cases is even worse.
>>
I only remember that nearly every area was a very ugly shade of dirty green and most bosses were generic dudes in armor.
>>
File: 1461795292372.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1461795292372.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
EVERYONE has explained WHY ds2 sucks dick at least 3 times in 3 different threads

It's bait-tier t b h. The game itself is bait. It is designed to piss off everyone else, i will show you:

"Dark souls 2 is objectively the best game in the series"

See? That's effective bait.
>B-b-but it's true!
That's pretty good bait aswell
>>
>>336393976
We must have played different games then. Because DS2 is the Souls game with the strongest contrasts between areas, including color scheme, to the point that it felt somewhat inconsistent at times.
>>
>>336393013

Areas are pretty much straightforward, no exploration is rewarded.

Level interconection is not justified and absurd.

Graphics on early areas are good, but after no man's wharf everything looks washed out with poor lighting.

Bosses are dull and boring. They have big ass tracking and atrocious hitboxes. The fact that iframes is a stat makes this worse.

Some animations are better, others are far worse. Dead angles definitely suck.

Except 2 or 3 themes, OST is pretty shit.

However pvp is overall better. It has its problems like soul memory and no red eye orb. But invasions can happen anywhere everywhere and covenants work.

Also, NG+ actually changes stuff.
>>
>>336393013
Honestly, it's fine. I had an enjoyable time playing through it, and SotFS is definitely an improvement. It just isn't as good as the other souls games. Still worth a playthrough, though.
>>
>>336393013
The art design isn't realy dark souls.
>>
>>336394176

Yeah. Poison level, lava level, pirate cave level, castle level. Fuck me why is dark souls 2 so fucking uninspired. I would rather play 40 hours of lost izalith than play through ds2 again

Fuck
>>
File: 1462235371351.jpg (28 KB, 600x354) Image search: [Google]
1462235371351.jpg
28 KB, 600x354
>>336393013
Aside from the usual bad level design, tracking enemies, stupid fall damage, etc. Its just plain boring to me. Going through the first fucking area bores me to tears and i have to force myself to stay awake
>>
>mfw I played ds1 and 2 back to back for the first time last year
>almost gave up on ds2 cuz listening to /v/
> keep trying, start to love the game after a while
>end up putting more hours into 2 than 1

I think da2 is a 7-8 to ds1 and 3s 9. And there's nothing anyone is gonna say to change my mind.
>>
>Tons of enemies just because its hard
>Bosses, except for a couple, were bland
>Weapon durability goes down very quickly, often breaking before you get from the bonfire to the boss, so you need to keep and upgrade backup weapons to use to get to the boss, where you can switch to your preferred weapon
>Blunt damage outperforms slashing and piercing against nearly every enemy in the game, including most bosses, making swords (the most common weapon) a subpar choice unless it has a fantastic moveset to compensate
>Rolling is now tied to a stat, even more points you need to spend, mucking up already tight builds
>Harder to grind for souls to get said points, unless you aesthetic (reset) the area, making everything harder
>>
>>336394141
It depends really, it did some things right, like dual wielding and powerstancing.
>>
>>336394346
But yet DS3 is just so inspired, right?
I mean we've NEVER seen a poison swamp before, or catacombs or a lava area with demons, or archives with mages, or Anor Londo. Nope, those are totally new locations, that have never been in any other souls game.
>>
>>336394431

Dont forget

>fucking torch system and lighting
>blandest fucking maps
>total lack of highlights
>soul memery

I wanted to like the game so fucking bad
>>
Why are people bitching about the level design when the first game literally states that time and space are out of whack in the game world?
>>
>>336393013
this shit has been explained a million times
lurk more and kys
>>
>>336394703

This is the kind of bait to be expected. It has reduced effectivity to the point that you will only get this sentence from me:

Every souls game made by miyazaki is going to have a swamp, a fallen knight, patches, a cathedral and a big city and EVERY single one of those games is going to be better than dark souls 2.

Good job getting a (you)
>>
File: 1462156542809.jpg (94 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1462156542809.jpg
94 KB, 800x670
>>336393013
>soul memory
>aesthetically unpleasant
>enemy tracking
>bad level design
>soul memory
>almost 90% of all enemies and bosses are just dudes in armor with similar movesets
>almost all boss fights are piss-easy (even for newcomers) or/and just uninteresting and boring
>bonfire placements
>more healing items
>soul memory
>completely lackluster plot and lore

And the biggest sin of them all
>the developers fell for the 'Dark Souls is hard' meme
Just fucking skip it, you will not be missing much.
>>
>>336393013
Because it's not, it's the best one in the series
DS3 is linear grey shit with worse graphics and shorter
>>
File: burnthewitch.jpg (4 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
burnthewitch.jpg
4 KB, 119x125
>>336393013
> but no one really explains why
>>
>>336394924

THIS. So much fucking T H I S

The developers actually bought into le prepare to le die XD le hardest le game ever XD and it pisses me off so fucking much. I would understand if some dumbass fans fell for it, but not the fucking game devs. It feels like their main goal was to make le game le difficult.
>>
>>336393013
>near 360 degree tracking
>difficulty through mobs
>too many DaS references (not that DaS3 is better)
>shit tons of short, thematically unrelated areas
>Earthen Peak to Iron Keep transition
>bonfires fucking everywhere
>warping from the beginning (same with DaS3)
>shit level design due to warping
>soul memory
>astoundingly shitty textures in several areas
>graphical downgrade
>shilling by Vaati and several others

I still had fun and the DLC was great though.
>>
>People listing petty reasons why Dark Souls 2 is the worst game ever
>Every single one is viable for 3 apart from soul memory

You guys are unbelievable
>>
>>336395449
>petty reasons
Then please sir, enlighten us with well thought-out reasons on why Dark Souls 2 is not the worst in the series.
We'll be waiting
>>
>Tons of enemies just because its hard
Dark Souls 1 did that too, remember Undead burg or Duke's Archives when you go up the elevator, or just the fucking catacombs.
>Weapon durability goes down very quickly, often breaking before you get from the bonfire to the boss, so you need to keep and upgrade backup weapons to use to get to the boss, where you can switch to your preferred weapon
I believe most of that was because of the bug with durability, but even that only happens if you kept swinging at corpses/dying enemies
>Blunt damage outperforms slashing and piercing against nearly every enemy in the game, including most bosses, making swords (the most common weapon) a subpar choice unless it has a fantastic moveset to compensate
The same applies to Dark Souls 1, but thankfully bleed does wonders in DS1 compare to DS2
>Rolling is now tied to a stat, even more points you need to spend, mucking up already tight builds
I agree with this one.
>Harder to grind for souls to get said points, unless you aesthetic (reset) the area, making everything harder
Unless you did PVP in belltowers.
>>
>>336393013
It's the worst Souls game but still a really good game. Fantastic DLC and the best bosses in it are some of my favorites in the franchise. That being said the average boss in it is terrible.

The biggest problem is the feeling of the game. The hitboxes, the animations, the flow all feel really off compared to all the other games in the series.

But it has by far the best weapons and build variety. It is most suited for PvP than any other in the series and I find the level design is the most fun with coop than any other game in the series. It was definitely a more multiplayer driven Souls game than the other ones.

And the people you hear shittalk it are /v/ and the drones /v/ follows. Generally speaking it was very well received and all my Souls friends agree that it's a great game, but not as memorable as the previous.
>>
>>336395449
3 doesnt have the shitty controls, gameplay and animations that were the biggest problem in 2
>>
>>336395748
Never said it wasnt the worst in the series. Its just the blatant hipocrisy of the people on here when they're praising Dark Souls 3 as the second coming of christ.
Its just the way people are talking about 2 on here will just put people off playing it when it still is a brilliant game and definitely worth playing. People on here need to try and not get carried away. There is a grey area between "best thing ever" and "complete shit".
>>
>>336394924
>Sould memory complainers
All these fags are still mad they can't invade unsuspecting people with all their equipment upgraded.
Sorry DS2 actually took some skill in PvP anon
>>
>>336393813
I'll take the Fume Knight over Artorias and Nameless King any day. Also I can never remember his name, but that armored knight boss in the end of the DLC that summons other knights with him is a fucking awesome boss fight. When doing coop it is probably the most fun fight in the whole franchise.

Also that one frog boss is great.
>>
>>336393013
its a perfectly ok game dont worry about v whining as usual. youre gonna like it
>>
>>336393976
You're thinking of DaS1
>>
>>336395084
>shilling by Vaati and several others
Someone post the video
>>
>>336394346
>implying DaS1 didn't just regurgitate most of the ideas from DeS again

DaS2 and BB try the most to be different than any other Souls game after DeS. They actually try to be their own games, which is what I like about them. DaS3 just tries to be a sequel to DaS1 and nothing more.
>>
>>336396090
But 3 doesn't have horrible 360 tracking on every enemy, 3 doesn't have a bunch a bunch of miss-matched peterpan themed levels, and 3 doesn't have rolling as a stat
>>
>>336394916
>it's ok when miyazaki does it
>>
>>336396440
You, I love you
>>
File: le psp nigger.jpg (71 KB, 566x566) Image search: [Google]
le psp nigger.jpg
71 KB, 566x566
What is so damn bad about i-frames being tied to a stat? Is it that it dared make a system different than Dark Souls 1 or something?
>>
>>336393976
Yeah, the asylum demon and his 2 brothers was the best boss in DS1, not to mention the two other demons that later becomes a regular enemy.
>>
>>336393868
for the balance thing, i played 200+hour of sotfs and almost everything seems to be viable in pvp/pve.
>>
>>336396440
Not to mention how DS3's engine is just DeS's engine with a lot of face-lifting
>>
>>336396569
because it leads to every build having a stat-tax to arbitrarily make your roll decent, and punishes people who don't realize their roll doesn't work as advertised unless they raise the stat
>>
>>336396738
So?
>>
File: 1400836517862.jpg (95 KB, 700x739) Image search: [Google]
1400836517862.jpg
95 KB, 700x739
It's okay.
Wasn't as good as the first game but kept me busy for 500hr. /v/ and /dsg/ is full of faggots who liked DaS2 but now can't stop how awful it was because somehow hating on DaS2 is now the cool thing.

Base game has some extremely shitty areas, such as Earthen Peak but the DLC areas really shine and the level design surpasses even some areas of DaS1/DaS3

tl;dr get it, it's worth playing
>>
I hate almost every area in the game. I still like doing quick casual DaS runs but DaS2 is so fucking long and boring that it's a chore. There are some great bosses but the rest are so worthless that I've forgotten half of them.
>>
File: 1461759460442.jpg (332 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1461759460442.jpg
332 KB, 960x720
>>336393530
>better than one
>>
>>336396801
so what's the point in arguing with you if the counterpoint for a poor design is "so?"
>>
>>336393402
Works well with the Agape Ring. It prevents twinkling a good fucking deal.
>>
>>336396817
i liked das2 but
>now the cool thing

people were shitting on it nonstop since release
>>
>>336393013
I like Dark Souls 2 a lot, I think it delivers the key things for a Dark Souls game like good atmosphere, lore, environments, enemy and weapon design, even if a few too many of the bosses default to "big dude in armour" and a couple are shamelessly reskinned from Dark Souls 1. I like that it tried to do more differently than Dark Souls 3 which was still a great game with probably the best designed bosses in the series, but a lot of it just felt like we had already seen it before, and that's outside of the fanservice.

I think Dark Souls 2 is flawed, but people only decide to dislike it and overexaggerate the flaws it has as the most gamebreaking flaws known to mankind when really most are a minor nuisance at best.

>>336394916
Yeah, recycling level ideas is good when games that aren't Dark Souls 2 do it.
>>
>>336396153
with the agape ring you can twink. you can get a +10 weapon at the lowest soul memory tier
>>
>>336396440
I don't think I've seen such a truth bomb dropped in a while.
>>
File: 1457999101298.jpg (194 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
1457999101298.jpg
194 KB, 1400x900
>>336396817
>>
>>336396885
It's different from Dark Souls 1 so it's poor design? It's a stat and it serves a function.
>>
File: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (24 KB, 630x102) Image search: [Google]
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
24 KB, 630x102
>>336396153
>>336397103
I will provide this as proof. It's the only comment on my profile, which I got after a few hours of invading in SotFS. I had two Falchions upgraded to the max with enough stats to Power Stance.
>>
File: 1462142190614.jpg (59 KB, 573x490) Image search: [Google]
1462142190614.jpg
59 KB, 573x490
>>336396817
>/dsg/ is full of faggots who liked DaS2 but now can't stop how awful it was
I recall people genuinely liking DaS a lot more than DaS2 before DaS3s release even.
>>
File: 1460922818120.gif (2 MB, 517x349) Image search: [Google]
1460922818120.gif
2 MB, 517x349
>>336396998
Yes but they were playing it at the same time so people weren't as vocal about it back then.
>>336397210
But what about the elevator that takes you UP ?
>>
>>336397293
because it's an arbitrary stat tax that leads to every build putting points into, if you have a stat every informed person will put points into regardless of how their character will end up -- why bother having the stat in the first place? the only purpose it serves is to inflate the soul level of the average character, and to harm players who are unaware of how the new roll changes work.
can't wait for the "so?" rebuttal
>>
File: 1454015083794.png (182 KB, 482x361) Image search: [Google]
1454015083794.png
182 KB, 482x361
>>336397540
So?
>>
>>336397514
It's taking you up into the centre of a volcano.
>>
>>336397540
Just like endurance in DS1
>>
File: 1461556478226.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1461556478226.webm
3 MB, 852x480
Areas are uninspiring and bosses aren't memorable. Not even the throne brothers fight is very memorable since it tried to replicate the O&S magic. Only bosses very memorable is Fume Knight and Smelter Demons(s), the former because he was piss fucking hard and the latter because people had trouble with him which resulted in endless discussions about him. Then you gotta fight the blue version of Smelter Demon, and since his attacks are randomiZed it created bullshit scenarios.
>>
I know the level design was screwed because of time but its nice to think the theme of 2 was forgetting and whenever a moment like this happens its just the player going through their memories at a faster pace than it actually happened.
The random level design was also extremely entertaining as well. With 2 I knew every time I went round a corner I knew a completely different landscape would be there. With 2 I was praying for something different than the regular castle/cathedral/dungeon and apart from Archdragon Peak there was nothing. Even then as soon as you ring the bell the only interesting part of that level (the blue sky) disappears. I was so bored throughout most of 3.
>>
File: michael-jackson-mitm-spin-5-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
michael-jackson-mitm-spin-5-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I started the game yesterday after finishing DSI and Demons Souls the last weeks.

I think it's fun, but there is some stupid shit in there.

I don't know if that's meant with 360 tracking, but the its really counterintuitive how most enemies attack. In DSI and DeS you saw the winding up an attack. You can figure out how to dodge and go through with it.

In DSII they charge up there attack. You dodge and this 2,5 metre half a ton stone motherfucker mj spins and slams down his Hammer on you.
>>
>>336397692
You mean Demon's Souls?
>>
>>336397619
lick my nuts
>>
>>336397694
What's even more sad is that both are in the same DLC. Ds1 is exempt from this problem because the game was at least good.
>>
>>336397692
And health and your damage dealing stats and just about everything else
>>
>>336397694
>I know the level design was screwed because of time but its nice to think the theme of 2 was forgetting and whenever a moment like this happens its just the player going through their memories at a faster pace than it actually happened.
I keep hearing this from DaS2fags and it's one of the most retarded justifications for shit level design I've ever heard
>>
>>336397694
That's a cool move.
>>
File: 1397167557828.png (129 KB, 706x598) Image search: [Google]
1397167557828.png
129 KB, 706x598
>>336397694
>Ivory King isn't memorable
>Sinh isn't memorable
>Sir Alonne isn't memorable
>>
>>336397945
Have you seen Dark Souls 2's map, the game takes you all over the continent
>>
>>336398043
Especially if you consider the DLCs
>>
>>336397814
Alright I'll turn this into a 69
>>
>>336393013
>Soul Memory
>Rolling tied to a stat

That's really about all that was majorly wrong with this game. Dark Souls was pretty much a masterpiece that will never be repeated so nothing else is ever going to favorably compare.

Bloodborne trolls also exaggerate how bad Dark Souls 2 was to validate their own purchasing decisions but that's another story.
>>
File: 1449764246330.png (14 KB, 792x516) Image search: [Google]
1449764246330.png
14 KB, 792x516
>>336393013
Base game is fucking awful, Sotsf redeems it.
>>
>>336398042
Ivory King is good but in my personal opinion only because of the arena, I was breathtaken when I landed on The Old Chaos but the fights pretty decent. Would add to list.

Sinh is alright, personally don't care for dragon fights.

Sir Alonne is good, would add to list.
>>
>>336393013
its okay, but its far from being a worthy sequel to dark souls 1

its unnecessarily long and , unlike in dark souls 1, difficulty is designed to make you angry, instead of posing a fun challenge
>>
>>336393013
Hating DaS2 is a meme, everyone should be aware of this by now

Like it's been mentioned, get SotFS over the base game, and see for yourself if you like it or not
>>
>>336398170
>Dark Souls 1
>masterpiece
>Everything after O&S
>broken covenants
>pvp was garbage for a good half of the games timeline
I agree, it was a great game, but masterpiece is quite the overstatement. Everyone knows deep down the true masterpiece is Bloodborne
>>
>>336398042
>All DLC
Also, poison Kalameet light ISN'T memorable. Ivory, Alonne, and Fume are the only good bosses in the entire game. Their areas are still pure garbage with a 100 enemy and ambushes around each corner, phantoms that cheat more than any other entry in the series (like literal cheating, not just bloated hp/damage, they don't obey animation laws, can cancel out of shit you can't cancel out of, toggle switching, etc..).
>>
>>336393662
>>>/a/sylum/
>>
>>336398591
Bloodborne without DLC is literally Dark Souls 2 tier, I beat it around 10 hours it was so short and lacking content. If the game had a few more areas and maybe actually used some new environments besides the same "dark spooky city" I would rate it higher.
>>
Threadly reminder that
DaS > DaS III = BB >>>>>>>>>>>> DaS II
They're all great games though.
Except for DaS II
>>
File: threadlyreminder.jpg (41 KB, 555x800) Image search: [Google]
threadlyreminder.jpg
41 KB, 555x800
>>336398862
Threadly reminder that
>>
>>336396000
THIS

If the game was fun to play I'd forget all my other complaints. This guy listed the major problem right here.
>>
>>336399151
It has the godawful input buffer of DS1
>>
>>336398597
>they don't obey animation laws
just like in ds3, i love when enemies block and attack at the same time with weapons that can't do that
>>
>soul memory
>bosses suck
>most of the areas suck
>ending sucks
It's the only souls game I haven't beaten. I completely lost interest after reaching the dragon shrine
>>
>>336396913
>works well with something that came out a year after release in DLC
>>
>>336396738
What are you talking about you retarded piece of shit.There are tons of people who are fat rolling with 4 adaptability.

You are just too shit to time your rolls.
>>
>bad level design

What do people mean by this? It looks bad or the layout is bad, or something different entirely?
>>
>>336400521
People are retarded and have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>336400521
layout

nothing to do with visual design

and world design is how the levels link with each other
>>
It bothers the hell out of me how you can see Heide's from Majula, and it's way out in the distance without even a path leading to it. Then you go through a short tunnel and it's suddenly not as far and has a nice path for you to walk on.
>>
>>336400521
Just faggots parroting what they keep reading in DaS2 threads
>>
>>336393013
> but no one really explains why
stopped reading here
>>
>>336400914
the approach to drangleic castle is the worst. you walk in a straight line, look up, and the whole thing has moved
>>
>>336400630
fuck that, there's nothing worse than getting lost in BB and then just finding a lift to another level when you weren't even done exploring the last one. When will the open world meme end? Dark souls 3 did the open world well though.
>>
>Get lightning spear
>It hits everything for like 9% of its hp or less
What even the figgity fuck.
>>
>>336401113
if you treat the game as one big level, its awesome.

DeS is the best though. level progression is organized the best while still offering a lot of choice of where to go.
>>
>an arch has crumbled over a path
>rubble is so low a hollow could clamber over it
>instead, gotta collect four Lord souls to take a small detour around the rubble
>>
>>336401652
this is an example of a petty complaint, from a gameplay standpoint it means absolutely nothing. its like complaining that the kiln is under the shrine so you should just be able to go there right away.
would if make you happier if instead of rubble it was a big wall? it makes no difference.
>>
Forest of the giants, no man's Wharf, and the lost Bastille are all better levels than anything ds3 has up until irythyll.
>>
>>336401868
Yeah, in practice it means nothing, it just makes the great souls hunt seem like a joke at the expense of our beloved, but clearly "slow", bearer of the cruse
>>
>>336393579
>link the fire ending of dark souls 1 canon
no shit everyone knows Solaire links the flame.
>>
>>336402889
Why would gwyns son link it?
>>
>>336402943
because Miyazaki said so
>>
I'm going to respond to this for the only time.
This is all my opinion on why I haven't replayed this game.

Graphics sucked due to gutting lightning.

Rolling is a stat. Armor is a stat. You have to level these instead of relying on skill ala lvl1 play throughs rely on items more than skill.

Areas just seem like a cool area to another with no real connection./ creates a lot of inconsistencies just because

Doesn't take advantage of the original lore. it feels like a brand new fantasy land where "experiments and nature" are the enemy.

Story is literally useless. Manus has shards now, cool. The concept of cycles isnt new.

Lots of trash bosses just because.

Lots of "a bunch of big enemies or big bosses at once" which requires people to bait them to entrances or whatever. With bosses you hit one time every 5-6 minutes to win the fight.

"Multiplayer areas"

360 tracking on everything. we hear about the cool turtles you cant backstab, only to wait for them to land their giant swing to hit them at the side for 1-2 hits. they literally track you like a buttered plate.

i know the hitboxes arent perfect in these games but das2 has the worse of them and its fucking embarassing how bad it is. it's not even a 1 time thing you literally need to account for invisble hitboxes to win a boss fight

soul memory was stupid and hurt more than it helped. das3 did this better and simpler

tried to do too much at once and the quality shows
>>
>>336402943
>gwyns son
>>
>>336402889
No he doesn't.
>>
File: spot_the_best_game.png (218 KB, 637x1470) Image search: [Google]
spot_the_best_game.png
218 KB, 637x1470
Daily reminder that among real pros (not scrublord DS1 fanboys crying for free i-frames), DS2 reigns supreme.
>>
DS2 + DLC is still better than DS3.
>>
>>336398591
everything after anor londo is still better than das2
>>
>>336393637
I politely disagree.

The chariot boss stands out to me for having a cool ass design along with one of the most disappointingly easy fights which practically forces me to remember it.
>>
>>336403649
why the fuck is ds2 teen

notice how only das2 is marketed for dying
>>
>>336403829
>Miyazaki
>Tanimura
>>
DS ii SotFS @ 50-60 FPS
Or DS iii @ 15-20 FPS

For a ps4 owner, the choice is clear. Sure it looks better but the framerate is dog shit
>>
>>336404130
so dont play on ps4
simple
>>
>>336403406
I think the lore was handled well, it has some connections to the original game but isn't just about sucking the original game off for hours on end and instead does its own thing.
>>
>>336404186
It's a Sequel, it's supposed to continue on. It literally does nothing. It's just another cycle.
>>
>>336393013
Its harder. Thats it.
Some faggots found it impossible to beat, and the devs even nerfed the game when people complained.
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 523x412) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 523x412
>>336393530
this

not to mention the game was completed and not dropped halfway through development, unlike DaS...

how can people defend that?
>>
>>336399596
Better late than never
>>
>>336396162
Yeah, that boss was sooo 'fucking awesome' and memorable that you can't even remember its name?

If anything, that entire fight is the epitome of 'bland guy in armor'.
>fire guy in armor
>summons more fire guys in armor
>they fight your ice guys in armor
>when they die, main guy in armor gets a glowing sword
Truly a greater, more memorable boss than any in DaS1, 3 or BB
>>
>>336403829
>notice how only das2 is marketed for dying
Those crones and their "YOU'LL DIE, NIGGA! YOU'LL DIE!" spiel had me figuratively rolling my eyes.
>>
DS3 > DS2 > DS1
Played them all as they were released, in order.
Have yet to play Sin of the First Scholar.
I dont bait, and I'm very critic about the games I play.
Thats all I can say, really.
>>
File: 1462113591994.jpg (33 KB, 401x399) Image search: [Google]
1462113591994.jpg
33 KB, 401x399
>>336404176
>>
>>336396684
Miracles are technically viable, but they're still fucking awful compared to literally anything else.
>>
>>336404819
>Prepare to die edition
>>
>>336393013
It's a good game don't listen to these faggot cunts
>>
>>336403406
Personally, I've taken to called DS2, Lost Souls now. It doesn't feel like a sequel the way DS3 does, so just calling it another name to represent another area like Demon Souls just makes more sense to me.
>>
>>336404886
so nothing of importance
>>
>>336404547
The only complains were the Amane and the Ancient Dragon iirc. The Ancient Dragon did way too much damage with its fire in the vanilla. I had to cheese it with a spell that ended up being nerfed later. Crystal soul mass or what was called.
>>
>>336393893
I can't wait for you to explain this retarded post.
>>
>>336404991
That's honestly my exact though, no need to make it a sequel to DaS at all.
>>
File: dragon.jpg (139 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
139 KB, 1600x900
This boss is what you need to look at for an example of why Dark Souls 2 isn't as good as 1 or 3.

>OHKO attack
>This wouldn't be an issue if the fire hitboxes weren't wonky as fuck, so half the time you get killed by invisible fire you were no where near
>>
>>336404938
>throne defender's greatsword
>sacred oath/magic barrier (they don't stack anymore)
>sunlight blade if you don't use TDG
>baiting someone into a heavenly thunder, or using it as a backstab/riposte/guard break wake up
>using force to stop a charger dead on his tracks
Miracles are perfectly fine for pvp, and my faith build is the one I've racked the most wins on this far
>>
>>336405057
Fuck man, Ancient Drag was so tedious. I ended up baiting the fire attack, get two hits in, run away, rinse and repeat until it died with it's one gorillion HP.

Completely and utterly no fun.
>>
>>336396440
Is a game that tries something different and fails better than a game that uses themes from a previous title and succeeds?
>>
>>336394924
>>
>>336403594
I guess Miyazaki is wrong
>>
File: medium_185839_3309110367.jpg (57 KB, 510x464) Image search: [Google]
medium_185839_3309110367.jpg
57 KB, 510x464
People have explained this 100 times you faggot.

>Shit level design
>Le Dark Souls meme at every corner
>100 rehashed bosses from DS1
>New bosses are all soldiers
>1 ending that makes no sense
>Weak OST

Nice bait btw
>>
>>336405296
i think everyone did this
>>
>but no one really explains why.

except they do. in every. single. thread.

yet you faggots don't listen
>>
File: 13699822135.jpg (20 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
13699822135.jpg
20 KB, 300x309
>>336405129
>used to be able to make the fight a lot easier by using Gower's ring of protection, bracing knuckle ring +2 and repair powder/sorcery
>run away and turn your back to wherever the dragon spits fire so the ring absorbs the hit and you don't get OHKOd
>Gower's ring gets nerfed to the point the flame breath still OHKOs you through it
>>
>>336405371
He said if you had him live and help you with Gwyn he lights it in his timeline.

But that doesn't matter it's a sidequest and not the CU's world.
>>
I'm terms of completionist fun (all the achievements) so far I would rank DS2SoTfS over 3 and put 1 in dead last.

DS2 was fun to complete especially with the DLC. And it was the game that broke DSP. He will never be as legit as when he played DS2 for the first time.
>>
>>336393013
Dark souls 2 was cool, had some of my favorite bosses of the series, Looking glass knight, Velstadt, The Darklurker, Duke's dear freja. Majula was fun to hang out around, it had decent characters like man scorpion tark, the crestfallen knight was cool. I thought it was worth the 30$ I got it off a friend for.
>>
>>336405057
Those were not the only complaints, just google it.
>>
>>336404603
>not to mention the game was completed and not dropped halfway through development

nigger that's exactly what happened to 2. Why do you think the DLC areas are so much better than the base game?
>>
>>336405015
My post had more importance than your useless reply, at least.
>>
>>336405129
The boss is complete shit but it's easy as shit if you just keep baiting it's fire breath when it's on the ground
>>
>>336405129
>This wouldn't be an issue if the fire hitboxes weren't wonky as fuck, so half the time you get killed by invisible fire you were no where near
Fucking this shit right here was inexcusable. You wanna kill me in one hit? Go for it, I'll learn how to counter it eventually, but getting killed by shitty fire hitboxes is bullshit.
>>
>>336393013
>but no one really explains why
except in every single fucking thread FUCK YOU OP
>>
>>336405129
>hurr durr this OPTIONAL boss is too hard

Fuck off.
>>
>>336405761
This post has so little counter argument that it's just going to be ignored.
>>
File: 4pk7tfx.png (48 KB, 1192x782) Image search: [Google]
4pk7tfx.png
48 KB, 1192x782
>>336404758
LOL
>>
>>336405129
This never happened on the 360. Ever.

Pretty sure it was a PC only problem.

Also if you really wanted to avoid the OHKO you could just respec for this boss and equip fire resistant items.
>>
>>336405761
Fuck off, it's not too hard, it's just broken. I'm fine with the OHKO, it's the whole "Getting killed by fire that's not there" that I have a problem with. If they had that sorted out, I'd be fine with the boss.
>>
>>336404938
the only issue i had was long cast time on lightning, it was fine but the buffs are where its at. heide spear with lightning infusion and buffs was so fucking good
>>
File: dsp.gif (2 MB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
dsp.gif
2 MB, 280x280
>>336405497
Who the fuck cares about DSP? Go.
>>
>All that potential
>All that hype
>All that buying the collector's edition
>>
>>336403703
>chariot
DS2 bosses are so damn bland and unmemorable in it's entirety i keep forgetting about him
Chariot is actually pretty awesome. He woke me up out of mindless retardation that game was inducing on me, i was hopeful things will start to improve after that
>>
>>336405965
I cared when he was legit
>>
File: 1459879070996.jpg (73 KB, 421x480) Image search: [Google]
1459879070996.jpg
73 KB, 421x480
>>336405965
Is he ok? looks like he's having a stroke
>>
>>336403703
>chariot
>easy
It's easy if you don't panic. Because if you do and fuck up you end up being forced to another marathon to its room all the way from the fucking bonfire to that goddamn bridge.
>>
File: 1454449458365.gif (1 MB, 300x149) Image search: [Google]
1454449458365.gif
1 MB, 300x149
>>336406359
>looks like he's having a stroke
>>
>>336405991
>DS2 is bad
When will this meme end.
>>
>>336406385
I can't think of a single boss run in the entirety of 3 that was as bullshit as the run to the chariot
>>
I've played DS3 up to Pontiff Sullivahn and every boss has been as memorable as the better ones in DS1 so far. Whether it's the creature design or just how theatralic the whole thing was. Even the army of deacons was fun to slice through with the farron greatsword. And most of all every boss feels connected to the world it's in, there's always some lore snippets before or after that makes it fit.

In DS2 I just felt like going from one big monster to the next. Okay this area has a bunch of giant knights. The boss is a more gianter knight I guess. Here's two conjoined knights. There's a big fat slug demon, okay. Now I'm fighting a headless lamia in a windmill.
>>
Is there any life left on the PC version of SotFS? Now that I've played through DS3 a few times, I've been thinking of getting back to it.
>>
I don't get why people are saying 360 tracking is a bad thing. It was kind of retarded on some monsters like the salamanders but it's more realistic the way it was on humanoid enemies.
>>
>>336406513
>DS2 isn't bad
When will this meme end.
>>
>>336406521
Not 3, but the run to Not-Ornstein in SotFS if you beat the dragonrider first is pretty bullshit too
>>
>>336393530
>invalid opinions
this is like the /v/ equivalent of "right side of history"
>>
>>336396153
>Played DS2
>Never got invaded
>Never got invaded through out full playthrough

DS2 doesn't even have pvp, just organized pvp.
>>
>>336406620
Dark souls 2 is just as good as Dark souls 3
>>
>>336394431
>>Harder to grind for souls to get said points, unless you aesthetic (reset) the area, making everything harder
Isn't there a covenant just for not having to deal with enemies not respawning?
>>
>>336404758

But that's wrong
>>
>>336406553
plenty of belltower gankers when I went through it back in janurary
>>
>>336393013
>but no one really explains why
Bearer of the Shitpost, if you are to be the next troll,
Then, one thread, you will bait this imageboard...
...without really knowing why
>>
>>336405207
You must be horrendous with hexes and magic or hell, even pyromancies then, they outclass miracles in literally every way, also,
>Defender's greatsword
Heavily nerfed, buff now does less damage than gold pine resin
>sacred oath
also nerfed, takes 4 fucking attunement slots, increases AR by 50, only lasts 40 secs and doesn't stack with buffs
>heavenly thunder
long cast time and easily dodgeable by anyone who has played for more than a day
>force
extremely situational and usually not worth the ATN slot. Also, don't forget that lightning spear was nerfed into uselessness and WotG is locked behind a covenant.
Just because you managed to kill a few retards doesn't mean From didn't totally blow it with faith builds.
>>
File: 1451981976556.jpg (540 KB, 1280x1842) Image search: [Google]
1451981976556.jpg
540 KB, 1280x1842
>>336394924
>DS2
>aesthetically unpleasant
>lackluster plot and lore

who_called_the_pleb_patrol.tiff
>>
File: 1460316802645.jpg (25 KB, 162x252) Image search: [Google]
1460316802645.jpg
25 KB, 162x252
>>336406870
>I never got invaded
>this means nobody ever did
>ever
>>
File: 1454985887746.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1454985887746.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
>>336395079
>>336394924
That already happened though.
>>
File: gaUyXZh[1].png (428 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
gaUyXZh[1].png
428 KB, 500x700
>>336407097
yet it looks l;ike shit in game
>>
>>336407097
Dark Souls 2's only problem with aesthetics is every area being so disconnected from the others. While most areas look great standing alone, when you add them haphazardly to other areas by an odd elevator, it kind of ruins it. It's like you go from one setting to another. Like fighting Zombie vikings one minute, then all of a sudden you are in an arabic looking prison at night.
>>
>>336406878
that's a lie and you know it. Dark souls 3 doesn't have anything equivalent to the chariot boss run, the curse woods area, nashandra, the covetous demon, the transition from earthen peak to the iron keep, the belfry gargoyles, the shortcut negating bonfires, the disconnected areas, the shrine of amana .... do I need to go on?
>>
>>336407175
Both were bamco desicions

but yet it has no dialogue like the tutorial level of das2
>>
File: 1317857155736.jpg (131 KB, 464x332) Image search: [Google]
1317857155736.jpg
131 KB, 464x332
>>336407072
Woah, implying a lot of implications there, my butthurt friendo. You're not the holder of the one and only unique truth, you know?

>Defender's sword nerf
Yep, it was nerfed. Still hits for 1/2 - 1/3 of a full HP bar everytime I use it, at a moderately advanced SM range and all
>Sacred oath
Lackluster, I gotta agree, but better than nothing. Also, duration is dependant on your faith, and goes up to 90 seconds
>Heavenly thunder easy to dodge by anyone, long cast time
Are you sure it's not YOU being horrendous with miracles, fampai?
>force being extremely situational
Agreed, still useful tho
>lightning spear was nerfed into uselessness
Works well enough to punish estus runners
>Just because you managed to kill a few retards
lol
Step up your bait
>>
Let's be honest here, we all knew something was off about DS2 when the first CGI trailer came out and looked like some kind of western Dragon Age-trash.
>>
>>336407343
Nigga I'll shank you in your shower.
>>
>>336406870
Kek I got invaded many times on the Xbox One. Possibly the console with the least user base for this game. You fucking liar.
>>
>>336407175
You're an utter moron in you can't see the difference between advertising that a game is hard after the fact, and basing the design of an entire game around the totally off-base idea of, "well people liked the last one because it was hard, so let's make this one even more harderer"
>>
>>336393013
>no one really explains why
- world design
- atmosphere
- overall look / design
- armours ugly as fuck
- weapons boring
- bosses mostly copy pasta
- just felt 'meh' compared to DnS / DkS
>>
>>336405372
>>Le Dark Souls meme at every corner
Besides the old women and the one achievement I can't think of anymore examples of that.
>>
>>336407343
What about that looks bad?
>>
>>336405372
>>Le Dark Souls meme at every corner
>in 2
What about all of the "le prepare to die" fucking merchandise 3 got, you cum guzzling faggot?
>>
>>336406521
Don't jinx it.
>>
File: 1461807876180.jpg (437 KB, 900x776) Image search: [Google]
1461807876180.jpg
437 KB, 900x776
>>336393756
fuck you I didn't need to be reminded of that guy's godlike tracking
>>
>>336407682
>"well people liked the last one because it was hard, so let's make this one even more harderer"
Can you give an example of this besides the tutorial area and achievement?
>>
>>336407706
drakeblood set was great

it also had one of the better dragon fights in the series, again DLC
>>
File: ptd.jpg (69 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
ptd.jpg
69 KB, 640x383
>>336407970
No you don't get it, it's absolutely perfect and acceptable if Miyazaki does it.
>>
>>336408059
Alva's was AOAT too.
>>
>>336407970
Lol Bandai does all the merch and marketing for the game From doesn't give a shit about that.
>>
File: 1450576519119.jpg (66 KB, 610x596) Image search: [Google]
1450576519119.jpg
66 KB, 610x596
>>336408027
>post yfw you ate that motherfucker's foot for the first time
>>
>>336406870
if you kill a boss you get a buff that stops invasions for a bit, also if you look at the warp screen you will see locations with orange around them, that means people of your soul range are around. you may be a bit low/high on souls for the place you are
>>
>>336407452
>someone questions his post
>immediately starts spewing memes and reaction images
>entire argument is basically 'it's better than nothing' which has no relation the original statement that miracles are actually viable.

Do you ever get tired of being this stupid?
>>
Wow don't listen to any of these noobs. It's just as good as all the others. I love Souls.
>>
>>336408225
the cunt that was supposed to never sold it and I got drakeblood by the time he did so I never got to use it sadly. Seems cool tho, might use it in DaS3
>>
>>336408290
>that one frame shoulder dash
>>
Be prepared for a whole lot of opinions OP. DaS 2 is literally as fun and 1 and 3, but because DaS 1 was babbys first soul game for most of /v/, any changes done to the formula are seen as negatives. Not to mention internet celebrity Mathew Matosis said it was bad so every fuckboi on this board jumped in the bandwagon.
>>
>>336408317
>is corrected on things he points wrong, gets his points commented on/debated and has no counter arguments, so resorts to pointing memes, reaction images and one of the statements where I actually show agreement
I'm sorry you have to live with yourself everyday, anon
>>
>>336393013
>simplistic video gamey world design (some of the areas were nice, but for every forest of fallen giants, there's an iron keep)
>fucked with the stats for no reason
>character movement was really floaty
>literally no imagination or mystery in the game or lore, it's like a souls game made by regular old devs with no vision. it has honest to god expository dialogue.
>>
File: 1332649401535.jpg (41 KB, 856x485) Image search: [Google]
1332649401535.jpg
41 KB, 856x485
>>336408290
>>
>>336408120
miyazaki is the director not the advertiser

we're using in-game examples
>>
>>336408535
>Not to mention internet celebrity Mathew Matosis said it was bad
Literally who?
>>
>>336408552
>>336408317
Calm down, guys.
>>
>>336408535

He didn't even say that it was bad, he actually said it was one of his favorite games that year. He just said it's not as good as 1.
>>
>>336408535
>people shit on it because it's not dark souls 1
>someone said it was bad, therefore everyone else thinks it's bad

BTFO.
>>
>>336408051
The entire game? The copy-pasted globs of enemies that all aggro together? Enemies specifically placed to stop you from running to bosses? The nonsensical AI tracking? There are a lot of small changes in DaS2 made for the sake of 'challenge' that really only make things more tedious.
>>
>>336408781
Some taig who made a few good points on DaS2 and a whole lot of nitpicking. A lot of people on /v/ like his videos.
>>
>>336408535
>people agree with someone else
>no two people can reach the same conclusion on their own
>THEY MUST BE INCAPABLE OF FORMING THEIR OWN OPINIONS
>>
I played DeS and DaS1 through 3.

Not ashamed to admit that I liked them all tbqh, DS2 was my least favourite though but only because I couldn't stand the pacing (keeps fucking throwing enemies at you constantly) and I'm not big on PvP so it didn't make it up to me. But I still liked it

Might play BB in the future but as it stands I ain't got no ps4 and I'm too tired of souls games. Waiting for ps4.5 tho so I might feel like it by then
>>
>>336407383
Dark souls 2 was just as good as 3, even with a couple shit levels and a few shit boss fights, DS3 had 2 swamp levels and re-used the worst boss fight from DS2 which is the congregation and turned it into deacons of the deep.
>>
>>336409017
>The copy-pasted globs of enemies that all aggro together? Enemies specifically placed to stop you from running to bosses?
I only played SotFS so maybe they changed a lot, but I never ran into any of that. Also the tracking was literally only ever a problem with the salamander shits, everything else could be easily dodged
>>
Gutted lighting and textures.
Bad enemy layout consisting of gank squads.
Boring boss fights.
Too many boss fights.
Recycled bosses.
Shit lore.
Player mobility being tied to a stat.
Poorly connected world.
>>
>>336408486
>the cunt that was supposed to never sold it

You have to spend at least 15k souls to unlock it and boss armors.
>>
>>336409230
>worst boss in DS2 not being Cool Ranch Smelter

At least Congregation was creepy as fuck.
>>
>>336409425
I did
>>
>>336409017
>Enemies specifically placed to stop you from running to bosses?
Been playing SotFS since it launched and I never encountered any of those that weren't there in the base game too, like the crypt wardens in the fog gate to Mytha

Still, I think that skipping through every mob and rushing straight to the fog gate defeats the whole purpose of the game. Every popular streamer I can think of does that shit and it just comes to prove how crap they are at the game. DaS2 makes it so invaders and mobs can beat you out of fade-out animations and everyone loses their mind
>>
SOUL MEMORY & ADP make it complete shit.
>>
>>336409230
At least Deacons of the Deep had a cool concept to it; Congregation felt like a bunch of adds that were there just to fucking waste your time for nothing.
>>
>>336409428
Congregation is just cute
>using a wide arc long weapon
>or firestorm
>or heavenly thunder
>or darkstorm
>or scraps of life
>fight done even before Benhart crosses the fog gate
Yeah, I like doing NPC quests, what are you gonna do?
>>
>>336393893
Worst game ever? M least favorit? Absolutly.
Might pick up Scholar of th First sin,couldnt stand the base ga
>>
>>336405129
>Baited it's stomp attack by whacking his toes
>Beat him every time without dying
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.