[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s consensus on 8-Bit Armies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 8-bit armies.jpg (167 KB, 1280x582) Image search: [Google]
8-bit armies.jpg
167 KB, 1280x582
What is /v/'s consensus on 8-Bit Armies?
>>
consensus is: never heard of it
>>
>>336391997
But Anon, you are 8-Bit.
>>
>>336391997
Co-op campaign interests me, but other than being a c&c clone with one faction, I don't see why I should give it a shot none the less purchase it
>>
>releases a cool game heavily inspired by C&C
>ONLY ONE FACTION

N I G A R S
I
G
A
R
S
>>
>>336391997
Does it have destructible terrain that stays fucked?

I mean, that always gets me. I love me some destructible terrain.
>>
>>336391997
I actually like the aesthetic but the units all look completely uninteresting.

Where are the cool and unique units that made the entire CnC series great? Flame tanks, Stealth units, Heroes?

It seems like they focused on mechanics so much that they forgot to include an interesting setting before releasing the game.
>>
>not releasing this as Early Access
>>
File: 1457185365857.png (34 KB, 161x182) Image search: [Google]
1457185365857.png
34 KB, 161x182
>>336391997

-shitty artystyle for MC audience
-one faction
-nothing special

+it's an RTS. We don't have many of these nowadays
+works ok, solid base for content updates

Call me when there are 6 factions and 500 fan maps.
>>
it looks cute and ive been in rts withdrawl for like 10 years
>>
I'm glad they are going for something more traditional, but I don't really like what I see.
The graphical style is super lazy, and I'm not even talking about it being all blocky. It's inconsistent. They could have made a simple, stripped down, colorful style and still make it look nice, but instead we get blocks + some slopes + some godawful textures where in the few places they aren't just flat folor. Just look at that missile silo or whatever. The radiation hazard symbol is all kinds of fucked up.
Normally I don't give a shit about graphics, but come the fuck on.

Ony one faction is also pretty dumb, as we can all agree. What makes it worse is how uninspired and boring it is. Generic tank, generic helicopter, generic everything.

I just hope it will pave the way for a proper game sometime in the future.
>>
>>336391997
>one faction
Whoa, is it 1992 again?
>>
>>336391997
is not Dawn of Waw
>>
Its good.
Also guys, they have six factions planned
>"We are planning for 6+ factions. Our game >design is a mashup of many of the most >popular RTS games. The first faction is what >we have previewed here, but we have some >really fun ideas for the later factions you >haven't seen yet. Each faction is planned to >come with it's own campaign, and all factions >are fully playable against each other."
>>
I downloaded it while waiting for toonami to start last Saturday.

It got super boring after a few missions
>kill all buildings
>kill all of another building
>kill all of another building
Then I got bored and too dunk
>>
>>336391997
>8-Bit Armies
>Is composed of voxels
>Only one army
>>
>>336391997
Very well made. Cohesive aesthetic. Solid gameplay. Well balanced. All around well polished.

The main problem nearly everyone has is that there's only one faction and it's the most generic shit ever. It's like the factions from C&C RA 1 but with none of the fun shit. No Mammoth tanks, no Tanya, no Ion Cannon, nothing. At least adding a different faction that was basically the same with some minor new units would have helped - I can't imagine graphics are too hard to produce for this - and they really should have waited until they finished other factions before putting it up. Has a bright future ahead of it, though.
>>
>Early access
now this is getting silly
>>
Is it just me, or does Petroglyph keep getting really close to making a good game, but they make one fuck up that almost completely ruins it?
>>
>1 faction
>plan to add more
This game will likely die during the 3rd faction. Balancing is always a bitch in RTS and it will be a nightmare planned this way.
>>
I have yuris Revenge, why would I need this.
>>
I didn't think it was possible to have less interesting units and less faction diversity than Tiberian Dawn.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.