[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 cause of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
So I was thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 cause of the so said "performance gains". How true is that? Do you really benefit from upgrading?

Also, does anyone have that big picture about what to turn off so M$ doesn't get info about everyfuckingthing you do on your PC? It included stuff like what to turn off at install and the like.
>>
>>336382171

My computer work better with windows 10 but How explain that. It's good only for gaming
>>
>>336382450
Obviously I want it because of video games
>>
pls
>>
>>336382171
Why haven't you upgraded months ago when it was released? You've spent all this time with shittier OS, lower performance for your hardware just because of a meme?
>>
>>336382171
All paid lies.
>>
>>336384163
I play lot of old games too and didn't want to pull the trigger yet, but in the upcoming weeks I'll have the free time to deal with all the possibly arising compatibility problems.
>>
Does anyone have the infograph OP is talking about? I'd like it too.
>>
>>336384348
Why would there be any compatibility problems? Only reason I see a possibility for that is if you're using windows xp, I'm running 2005 games on windows 10 - been running games since release, with no problems...
>>
>tfw there's literally no games on windows 10
>just gears of bore
>still tons of security issues
>tfw old pc crapped out and need a new one bad
>literally nobody lets you have pre windows 10
>too stupid to figure out linuxshit
kill me
>>
>>336382171
its all lies.

its technically and logically impossible to have such performance gains.
>>
File: 1461391666611.jpg (129 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1461391666611.jpg
129 KB, 600x400
>windows 10
>>
>>336384482
I'm running windows 7.

>>336384532
I heard modern games run better, also Battlefield 4 is supposed to run a lot better too.
>>
File: w10 tan.jpg (504 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
w10 tan.jpg
504 KB, 1200x1000
The performance boost is LITERALLY a meme:
http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page6.html

Look up other benchmarks that aren't of broken pieces of shit like Battlefield 4 BETA etc.
>>
>>336384674
let me ask you this.

did the games get re-coded to run a different instruction set?
>>
The performance gains are small, an average of a couple of frames. The games that support dx12 are small and AMD hw is the one that so far benefits the most. As for all the telemetry/spying stuff google Tron windows 10
>>
>>336384796
Unlikely, no. You got me.

>>336384780
Well, thanks for the info.
>>
>>336384994
>Unlikely, no. You got me.
correct. the answer is no.

all you have to do is look at older games for your answer to future games.

any and all improvement to older games is coming from more modern hardware being able to render and calculate things faster.

example.

a computer that ran win95 and couldnt get more than 10fps playing crysis, would upgrading the OS solve anything?
no.

but upgrading the hardware and drivers would.

save your money upgrading your OS and spend it on hardware.

but the smarter bet is to really double down and make your current operating system up to date and strip it from usless fluff, additional background processes and try to make the computer you have work perfectly.

and if you REALLY feel the need to upgrade, then go for it. i wont stop you.
>>
>>336382171
"no"
>>
remove windows store and disaster UWP
I'll consider to upgrade
>>
File: smug Mikkelsen.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
smug Mikkelsen.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>336385772
>implying they'll remove 2/3 of the main reasons they made 10
>>
>>336384553
why is that GPU juicing on VENOM?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.