[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering how pervasive they are in all other types of media,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: VTMB_800x600.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
VTMB_800x600.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
Considering how pervasive they are in all other types of media, why do video games hate vampires? This is like the only vampire rpg i can even think off. I mean sure there's the legacy of kain games but those are more fantasy, they're not set in our world. and castlevania i guess which is a little too "anime" for me.

Anyhow, why don't video game developers like vampires?
>>
>>336381910
>castlevania i guess which is a little too "anime" for me.
There are only 3 "anime" Castlevania games. Go die.

You also don't even realize pic related exists you underage millennial shit.
https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption
>>
>>336382285
That ones a load of shit compared to Bloodlines. Linear shitfest, and precisely why it's never discussed.
>>
>>336382390
Get cancer and die you millennial underage scum cause it still has a great story, much better than VTMB that's for sure and actually does something interesting in form of progressing through time instead of being just modern shitfest because devs ran out of money (Troika)
>>
Modern video games have an aversion to non-generic fantasy.
>>
>>336381910
Like >>336382285 said, the original castlevania games were not "anime" at all, quite the opposite actually.

>why do video games hate vampires?
Can you blame them? When I was a teenager I thought Twilight represented the best way that vampires could ever be portrayed. I didn't know jack shit about WoD and VtM, and it's the same for most modern game developers and their market. I thought VtMB was going to be some crap vampire game because it had vampires in it. Boy how this game changed my view on them.
>>
>>336382713
shame too, there's tons of amazing vampire stuff that could be translated into a game

Joe Pitt Casebooks
Day Men
American Vampire
30 days of night
criminal macabre
>>
>>336383048
>no Interview with Vampire universe RPG
Pleeeeeb
>>
>>336383221
meh, anne rice is okay but the vamps are a little artsy-fartsy for me
>>
Blade could be good too, if you didn't play as blade but a vamp in one of the Houses from the movies/show.
>>
>>336383365
They're artsy because vampires are meant to be classy motherfuckers. And they're still plenty vicious in her work so what's the problem? They aren't like Twilight vampires which also have artsy-fartsy beharious and lack of ferocity.
>>
File: wanker.jpg (498 KB, 1074x1650) Image search: [Google]
wanker.jpg
498 KB, 1074x1650
>>336384725
who says vampires are supposed to be classy? dracula is supposed to be classy, not every vamp is a feudal lord
>>
>>336384071
It could work for playing as Blade too.
The films were more or less generic action but better than any Ironman, Marvel or Captain Murrica and shit anyway.
I could easily see a crossover between DMC and GoW with vampires.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.