[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck does she not get an infection? She's always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
How the fuck does she not get an infection?

She's always swimming around in old dirty shitty bloody cave water
>>
No infection in video games since it would mean you'd pass out just before the final boss because a bullet grazed you on the first level of the game and you didnt cauterize it or douze it in alcohol
>>
>compares a video game to real life
I don't know. Maybe she's just in a video game. I don't know
>>
Strong white blood cells that don't need no man.
>>
>>336380703
She has the same healing factor as Wolverine.

Every time she dies as long as theres a single cell left alive she will regenerate.
>>
Fuck fags who say the new tomb raider has small tits, look at those funbags, they look perfect
>>
Sam's puss keeps her going.
>>
Her supple ass deflects incoming pathogens.
>>
>>336380703
>falls into a pool of blood with numerous open wounds
>she doesn't have monkey AIDS or some shit now
>>
>>336380842

I dunno every time I think of the scene in the first TR reboot game where she gets a spike through her side that she has to pull out with her bear hands, then runs and crawls through some dirty shithole right after, the suspension of disbelief starts to wear perilously thin.

People have already been ingrained with the idea of really awesome people being able to shrug off bullet wounds, but this goes a bit past that.
>>
>>336380852
To be fair the game goes out of its way to seem "realistic", more so at the beginning than the end but still.
>>
>>336381675
Aids does not survive in open air.
>>
I'm more bothered by the fact that she murders legions/armies of men, poaches every living things because "tehe I gotta make my new purse bullet thingy holder" with a cold professionalism that would make every legionnaires cream their pants and at the end of the day, she still thinks she's on the good side.
>>
because she_______________HATES TOMBS
>>
>>336381996
>Video game.

You don't think Nathan Drake wouldn't have PTSD after killing all those hoards of dudes?
>>
>>336381940
Does it react with the Oxygen?
How come there are airborne Viruses,but HIV is only bloodborne?
>>
File: 1458418878477.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458418878477.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>336382170
No,because he isn't a pussy
>>
File: 1461269721567.jpg (414 KB, 723x990) Image search: [Google]
1461269721567.jpg
414 KB, 723x990
>>336380703
its a power of women empowerment
>>
>>336382235
I'm not a virologist here anon. I only know basic facts.
>>336382334
Because he is a psychopath?
>>
>>336380703
She didn't make it any further than the first cave she dragged herself into after getting that rebar impaled through her gut at the start. The rest of the game is her fevered hallucination.
>>
>>336382235
There are no true ''airborne'' Viruses,only those that survive in tiny droplets that are present in humid air.

HIV dries out so fast that it can't be transmitted through waterdroplets,it's a very unstable Virus in general
>>
>>336380703
Because the parts where you are in control are not canon.
>>
>>336382235
Virology isn't my specialty, but I have some basic knowledge about it.
A virus is essentially a combination of proteins (the envelope) surrounding a piece of genetic material (DNA or RNA).
But the specifics of the those components can vary greatly among viruses, so you have viruses with such a protein structure that they might withstand dehydration quite well, but multiply slowly.
Or you could have a structure that's easily changed (like HIV), but is less robust.
Or in the case of Rabies, the viral particles are able to jump nerves back to the brain.
>>
Post some Lara webm/photos of that butt ROTR only
>>
>>336380703
I would give her an infection if you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>336383723
To add on to this,some viruses have a need to change their outer hull or specific Proteins like for example the Spike Protein in SARS quite often,since this is where the Immunesystem recognizes it.
So there is selective Pressure on a virus to change it's Protein Structure quite regularily
>>
A big contrast from the instant death spikes in the older games.

I still find them fun but the controls really do screw you over sometimes.
>>
More importantly, how are her pants not covered in disgusting dried up cunt blood since she has no tampons?
>>
i wonder if i can run rise of the tomb raider with a i3 2100, gtx 950 and 16gb of ram, i don't want to wait for the ps4 version.
>>
>>336385764
Mid settings at 30-ish fps

The game isn't very well optimised.
>>
>>336381996
It's a big problem with these AAA games. They all have to be shooters even when it doesn't fit the game.

This game should have been entirely focused on survival and avoiding enemies, Uncharted should be mostly escaping enemies like Indiana Jones with actual fights being tense and drawn out against just one or two guys, Bioshock Infinite shouldn't be a shooter at all. Maybe these games wouldn't have been utter shit if they didn't insist on aiming for the lowest common denominator with dumb shooting action.

If you're gonna make a game where you shoot tons of people, it has to be less self-serious, like the original Tomb Raider. When you try to make your game realistic and tense, you can't have your character killing literally hundreds of people without acknowledging it.

One of the reasons I think the Last of Us is possibly the only one of these cinematic realism games that actually works is because the gameplay is balanced to suit the realistic tone. Avoiding fights is strongly encouraged and shootouts are tense battles of attrition between just a couple people with limited ammo.

Wolfenstein the New Order is an example of a game that takes itself seriously but crafts the style and tone of the world to fit the over the top gameplay.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.