[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, soulsfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: nignogfootbottoms.gif (783 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
nignogfootbottoms.gif
783 KB, 300x162
Currently trying to play Dark Souls 1 (first From game) again. Pretty nice game. Just got to the Depths, tried a summon and the game crashed on me. Any recommendations or tips? When does the lore start to get heavy? So far the only things I could make out are that knight you rescue from the Undead Church, the two bells thing, something that guy who greets you at the Firelink Shrine said about a girl with a heavy burden going into a tomb and that Kindling means lighting a bonfire or something.

The first time I tried to play, I quit right after ringing the first bell

Short chronicle of my playthrough so far:
>Wanderer with pendant
>Scimitar is fucking great
>Saw the Undead Burg merchant online, went and bought Heater Shield, shit still carries me
>Asylum Demon fight wasn't too bad
>Taurus Demon fell down on my third try (kek)
>Cheesed the Undead Burg black knight
>Gave up on Undead Parish black knight
>Wasted a Fire Keeper Soul while doing so (thought that'd be boosting my Estus Flask, learned later that you need to bring it to a Firekeeper or something)
>Gargoyles are somehow piss easy (had to summon last time), cut off the tail from one which was a damn good detail
>Go to Lower Undead Burg
>Fuck that demon, satisfying to kill though. Was a tense as fuck fight. Gotta love my shield.
>>
great blog but the crash is telling you to play demon's souls first faggot
>>
>>336371708
You should read the equipment and item descriptions. They give you bits and pieces of lore and later on you will be able to connect things/places/characters etc. Glad you are enjoying the road so far! Picture related, have a blast in Sen's Funhouse when you get there
>>
>>336372317
Tell me how I can play it on a laptop from 2013, a Vita or a 3DS
>>
>>336372393
Thanks, Anon! I'm already doing that (loading screens help!).

Also I think you forgot to upload your pic
>>
>>336372397
try not being a complete nigger next time you want to get into a series
I would say I hope you die in blighttown but you're looking shit up so you'll probably skip it
>>
File: 2577925-img000073.png (2 MB, 1305x1920) Image search: [Google]
2577925-img000073.png
2 MB, 1305x1920
>>336372393
Sorry, my phone is fucking with me
>>
This cringy as fuck blog posting needs to stop
>>
File: 1453177033357.jpg (10 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
1453177033357.jpg
10 KB, 221x225
>>336371708
>first From game
you what
>>
>>336371708
/v/ isnt your personal tech support team nigga, head over to /g/ or google it

>When does the lore start to get heavy?
It already did at the first cutscene, thats mostly it
>>
File: 1461265546741.png (205 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1461265546741.png
205 KB, 496x499
>>336371708
the lore is always like that, you have to read item descriptions yes or yes IF you care about the lore, if youre enjoying the game so far without understanding anything, then just ignore the descriptions, but they are quite a nice touch

congrats on doing capra demon it really fucks up new players

ignore this retard/sonygger >>336372523
>>
>>336372605
Would you prefer mods make more room for twitter/shill threads. No wait let's have more threads talking about sales.
>>
>>336371708
lore is in item descriptions and npc dialogue. there's not a ton of that.

tips wise, upgrading weapon > upgrading armor

>>336372843
>head over to /g/
they aren't either
>>
>>336372605
A guy is telling his gameplay experiences and asking for tips in a videogame imageboard. /v/ says fuck you. Never change
>>
>>336372883
forgot to say op? what kind of weapons do you favor? i can give you a hint or two
>>
>>336372982
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>336372934
I know, I just like sending them over there for shits and giggles
>>
>>336372982
4chan is for actually discussing games and shitting on each other.

reddit and google are for answering braindead questions and surface-level chatter like this.
>>
>>336372605

With 10 or so Souls threads being on the catalog at the same time I figured I could as well open a thread to share my own experiences about this franchise

>>336372827
Thought saying "Soulsborne" or something would attract "EWWW CRINGEY TERMMMM" shitposters

meant From Software

>>336372843
Not here to whine about the crash m80, I'm not surprised it happens as I'm using an unofficial fix (DSfix)

>>336372883
Thanks. Playing for the storytelling and lore over the gameplay actually, I find its method of indirect storytelling and atmosphere interesting. Not to shit on the gameplay, it's pretty great.

Actually thought I'd receive flak for using scimitar +4 and a 100% phys resist shield to kill Capra Demon, lol.

>>336372934
thanks

>>336373470
what exactly is the difference between "surface-level chatter" and "discussing games" to you? With half of /v/ 3 games ahead of me I didn't want to go into threads about other games in the franchise to talk about my opinions and impressions.
>>
i'm replaying DaSI on PC with DSfix. all i want to do is play DaSI -- or BB -- online, but fucking verizon in my state got bought off by some shit company, and now, all services are slow and i can't connect to any online game

but holy shit, that DSfix. does DaSII have it? i bought it for ten bucks on PS4, but i might get it on steam when it goes on sale
>>
>>336373797
I will save you 40hrs of your life, you don't need to play DS2 I put 300hrs into that game, it's not worth playing when DS1, DS3, DeS, and BB exist
>>
>tried a summon
leave
>>
>>336374257
I have a crazy-ass backlog anyway, won't be getting around to it in the next few years probably
>>
>>336372982
The guy is clearly a shitter, he needs to be told to fuck off and lurk more until he either:

A) Stops being a shitter

B) Goes somewhere else
>>
>>336375245
>being a shitter
>going anywhere but /v/

Just what do you think this board's user base is, anon
>>
>>336373797
It's not from's first game though. It's not even second.
>>
>>336376482
I meant "it's the first game by From Software that I am playing", anon
>>
>>336376363
It didn't used to be this way, and I blame not calling out newfags for the change.
>>
I just started it as well, OP. Rang the first bell and am just exploring around trying to find where to go next.

I went down to the swamp place, but started getting fucked by the ghosts which I'd heard about before.
Then fought those skellingtons near Firelink for awhile and went into the catacombs, but when the first skeleton was a pain in the ass and I nearly got blown up by a bunch of floating heads I assumed I'm not supposed to go there yet.
I think I'm supposed to go fight that thing near the blacksmith in the Undead Parish? I fought it once, got pretty far and then died, then I remembered those black knights from earlier in the game and went to fight them, but their weapons were useless for me since I'm doing DEX.

Then while doing that I kind of stumbled into an area I hadn't been to and eventually found the Capra Demon and got killed pretty fast, but the rest of that area was easy so I'm assuming I should be able to beat him.
>>
>>336373056
Sorry, just saw this post.

Couldn't find anything besides the scimitar that really fit me. Also upgraded it to the point where it deals 100+ more damage than the loot I find, lol

Tried arrows and just got around to magic (rescued that knight from the Church, only saw him after I got back to the Shrine via the Lower Undead Burg shortcut)

Still liking scimitar + shield best. Also I think I'm going Dex.

>>336377218
I heard that after the first bell you can go two ways: down that tunnel under the blacksmith into Darkroot Garden (alternatively, get there from the bottom of the tower in Undead Burg if you have the Master Key) or through the locked door near the dragon standing guard into Lower Undead Burg. I took that same route, and I just killed Capra Demon. It's frustrating as all hell but took me less than an hour of repeated attempts.

Tips for that demon:

1) Bring along a 100% PHYS resist shield. You can buy one (Heater Shield, the one I use) from the Undead Burg merchant or get a Knight Shield loot from Undead Parish (in the corridors you use to get to the church right after you go back over the "alley" the entrance opens to).

2) Get the fuck away when he's using an attack that uses both of his weapons- the "smash" one is practically unblockable (and hurts you for more than half your HP) and the other takes away 3/4 of your stamina. Since he can often combo you (especially if you get cornered), prefer to dash over roll.

3) Climb the stairway to get in a couple quick heals in. Usually you'll have time to do that before the demon gets to you.

4) Deal with all three dogs before concentrating or even locking on to the demon, those dogs fucked my shit up more than the demon itself since they block your way, flank you and hurt you quite severely.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.